Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread πŸ“

Comments

• dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Wow, the second trailer was a wonderful Canada Day gift for me. I'm so happy about it. I've already noticed from the second trailer that there's going to be a new bed, pictures/plaques, woohoo in the animal shed, more historical outfits, new lot types, stitches like paintings, preserves, fox alarm, new beautiful arch gate, new venue that's a pub & sims can walk on a logged bridge. :p:DB)<3

Did you go to the mall?

tenor.gif?itemid=5599166

• ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    The Finchwick Fair chicken competition looks so adorable. I wonder if sims will be competing for prize money or ribbons at the chicken/vegetable events.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    The info so far looks great. It seems like there is a lot for different types of players. The theme is one I've been wanting including the English world. I can see that I could definitely spend a lot of time in this pack and fill it up. I like having the more typical village and I like that there is a neighborhood that is all dirt roads and very rural. It looked like for the one with dirt roads, if you really want, you could take the houses down and convert it into a different type of country style. I'd play with it as an English world but it's easy to see that you can change it.

There's definitely a few directions you can go in from a village soap opera to Regency romance, a forest fairy tale or family farms. I saw that there is a city sim that moves to the country. It's too early for me to say what I would keep and who will get evicted but I think I'll send the family I have with an English mother to live in the village, possibly in the cottage with a thatched rounded roof. I'll probably mostly make new characters but I could see moving a few of my sims out to start farms.

After waiting a lot for the country world, it's great. One more thing, I like the picnics because those could also be used in the other worlds. Windenburg and Brindleton Bay have great picnic tables that I never use. Being able to send any sims picnicking is another activity. We had grilling but not picnics. Some picnic tables were also not near grills, so this is more flexible.

I do hope that we will get horses. The llamas are also great for Selvadorada. I'd also be a fan of getting tea parties and a functioning group tea set.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    No, it's so way too hot here & I live in northern Alberta. However, I'm staying inside with my fan blowing at me, drinking lots of cold water.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    No, it's so way too hot here & I live in northern Alberta. However, I'm staying inside with my fan blowing at me, drinking lots of cold water.

Weirdly enough, I'm doing that exact same thing. It's 75-77 over where I am in the States, but still. My house has very thick outer walls, so heat and humidity can pack up very fast.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I wonder what other lot challenges weβ€˜ll get. I’d really like one where bills and taxes are very high or a debt (that we have to pay off) lot challenge. My sims get too rich too quickly.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the mod community develop custom lot challenges, the way they've done custom lot traits and Sim traits.

I think Off The Grid and Simple Living would make a great pairing of lot challenges.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Some sim guru did mention adding others to lot challenges depending on packs, so I think they are going to turn haunted hoses and tiny houses into lot challenges.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I’m just excited about the Void Chickens and Golden Chickens!
  • plutoplumbobplutoplumbob Posts: 47 Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > https://twitter.com/AnotherPlumbob/status/1410637483700801537?s=19

Im so happy theyre making separate categories for these types of things - its going to give lots a lot more character
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Okay, so you can actually have a farm, complete with actual farming plots. That seems pretty great for all the people who really wanted a farming pack. Seems like the devs have their listening ears on. Nice job.
    I'm already trying to build a combination of Little House on the Prairie with Green Gables for my Laura Prairie & Anne Gables.

I now have my new households with their homes.
    They are:
    Zelena & Dorothy Oz with their Over the Rainbow Farm
    Odine HobbitElf with her Hobbit Cottage
    Brairose & Angelificent with their Sleeping Beauty Cottage

The worlds I picked for them to live in is: Windenburg, Glimmerbrook & Brindleton Bay.
    I'm so excited for the new world Henford.

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    This sounds amazing. I have no way of seeing the video while on vacation but I can still read a little every now and then.

This is my little corner of happiness right now. Really curious about the lot-challenges.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Did anyone else spot what looked like a working well in the trailer? This would be sooooo awesome for off the grid play!
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Also....the build/buy is so freaking gorgeous. All my builds are about to go from mid-century modern to full cottage core πŸ˜†.
  • DivaDogsDivaDogs Posts: 20 Member
    I think the world looks so beautiful and the animals are sooo cute <3. We definitely need new animals in TS4.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    This sounds amazing. I have no way of seeing the video while on vacation but I can still read a little every now and then.

This is my little corner of happiness right now. Really curious about the lot-challenges.

If bandwidth is not your problem, I added 40 pix from the trailer video to a blog post today. It's of course not the same as watching the video, but might give you a way to explore some new info and details.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member

Did anyone else spot what looked like a working well in the trailer? This would be sooooo awesome for off the grid play!

I thought that, until I saw it with lavender in it at another location.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Some of the features I'm most looking forward to.

oQkvlqp.png

l5QCNbz.png

apxzja4.png

K2uY6cg.png

pLFbhg4.png

qZD2GY3.png

a48OoAn.png

ItkNUS8.png

TRXmzKG.png
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    The gameplay trailer dropped the same day I got my new PC, haha. Love everything so far! Already preordered it :)
    He/Him
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    So how does one get a black chicken with flaming eyes? A llama guard, an attack chicken, a territorial cat... I'm ready for this motley crew for my farm already!
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    There is so much to do in the new pack, that when it comes out I'm not sure where I'll start. Should I immediately jump right in and start building, or start doing errands for the town folk. Really what I want to do is put a Bunny in a sweater but I'm not sure if I can catch one.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member

THIS. THIS is what I'm excited about. I may finally give the decades challenge a chance <3!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Lquinn wrote: Β»
    There is so much to do in the new pack, that when it comes out I'm not sure where I'll start. Should I immediately jump right in and start building, or start doing errands for the town folk. Really what I want to do is put a Bunny in a sweater but I'm not sure if I can catch one.

I feel the same way. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of stuff. Overwhelmed in a good way, of course. I'll probably start with building or creating sims...or I don't know. I can't decide. :D
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    I hope all appliances & lights are off-the-grid in Cottage Living?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top