Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bands Game Pack is coming?

ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
Ok so i have some reasons why I think Bands are coming soon, probably for the next Game Pack.

I cant be the only one thinking that the new music festival thing make zero sense without bands. Even in the context of people missing concerts for covid. And it feels like a hint.

Especially cause i am remembering that kpop collab they did, where they featured a mysterious amp object we dont have yet.

And we are getting a group activities update for base game, to go along with Cottage Living. Why make that base game, unless you're going to use it for other things? Bands are a group activity, obviously.

And how can they not do a pack like that asap? They could sell so many Kits just for that alone. New instruments, costumes, regular outfits, stage sets (Ariana Grande Sweet Treats maybe lmao).

It feels like a sure thing to me, like this year. What do you guys think?
My speculations on hints for future content:
-Cars Update
-Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
-Hotel Pack
-Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
-Bands Pack
-Royalty Pack
-Fashion Design Pack
-Fairies Pack
-Werewolf Pack
-France-inspired World

Comments

• PandaPillowPandaPillow Posts: 34 Member
    Yeah. I noticed there was a spotlight and fog machine along with that stage asset. I wonder if those will be coming soon or will be available to players afterwards?
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited June 2021
    I had noticed that too. I hope we get them in the future. I heard about the Kpop collab and now we got music festival event going on, I won’t be surprised that might be an possible hint that we might get an music or bands pack in the future. I remember the survey back last year that EA mentioned about the bands and other ideas listed in survey about potential features that might be coming to the game in the future. Here link from simscommunity’s site about the survey if anyone didn’t know about the survey.

https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/28/the-sims-4-survey-vote-for-potential-new-features-and-improvements/
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,856 Member
    I really hope so :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    It'd be cool if the bands pack let us have autonomous music festivals, where the game will randomly pick an in-game band to play at designated venues. Then I could make a band and have my other sims visit their concerts.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    Me and my friend were just discussing because of this festival, that we wanted bands back in TS4- so I really hope we will get them back. I think it's a plausible assumption; I can see a Game Pack dedicated to bands- and maybe something including performing in general as well (something a little similar to TS3's showtime, possibly.) I can only hope we get bands back at some point!
    they/them or she/her
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    It seems to me that this is both an experiment and a gift. I think they are waiting to see our reaction, I went to the event on a Sunday and it is really very good. I had fun! that stage is just what I need to be able to give my concerts with my sims. I think from the looks of it, can it be an SP band? When thinking of Paranormal it doesn't seem that crazy, they should just add a few features.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    It seems to me that this is both an experiment and a gift. I think they are waiting to see our reaction, I went to the event on a Sunday and it is really very good. I had fun! that stage is just what I need to be able to give my concerts with my sims. I think from the looks of it, can it be an SP band? When thinking of Paranormal it doesn't seem that crazy, they should just add a few features.

Well, the key "features" of a band pack, imo, would be

* play together with the music track being for the group, rather than each individual
    * Drums with drum animation.
    * a Gig system that allows for a group to go on the same gig (or at least meet up there)

It might require tightening the strings on CAS and Build/Buy a little, but based on what they pulled off with Nifty Knitting and Paranormal Stuff (and to a lesser extent Moschino) it might be possible.

However, if a band pack is not already in the works, I wouldn't look for one before the end of the year if it's a stuff pack. As I understand it, 6 months is the minimum turnaround time for even a Stuff Pack.

Now, if it is in the works, then it could happen any time after August or so.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    If that is true then, It may have the ability to form a pop group as well.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2021
    It'd be cool but it's not worth getting excited about yet, they've just released DHD and Cottage Living is coming at the end of July, so the next pack we're gonna get after that will probably be September, and that's most likely a stuff pack. They don't usually release in October so that means the soonest we'll get the next "big pack" after Cottage Living (gp or ep) will be November, and then there won't be any other big packs until next year.

Plus they've been hinting at Generations and Fairies a lot as well, so possibly the next big pack will be one of those instead
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Or they can just give us these new band festivals for free permanently.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    It all makes sense :)

I foresee a battle coming up between band enthusiasts and hotel enthusiasts... :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    This does seem like a hint at bands. There are a lot of different things that you can do with a concert or festival. I was definitely not playing my "cooler" sims for this one but the popularity of music is pretty widespread. It sounds like they might have other "live" events.

I'd like both bands and hotels.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    Maybe we'll get a Rock Out Stuff Pack?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    There is abolutely no band in the Sessions patch. Only the well known solo piano animations.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited June 2021
    There is abolutely no band in the Sessions patch. Only the well known solo piano animations.

True, but with the exception of some on-stage interactions between sims, all the animations needed for bands - except drumming - are already in-game. Guitar and Bass can use the same animation (I don't think they do finger animations for that), keyboards/piano, and singing (via City Living)

The relevant animations added in the Sessions patch are the crowd reaction animations.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

The relevant animations added in the Sessions patch are the crowd reaction animations.

Yep! I actually really enjoyed the option to click on the stage to dance along with the show, that was cute.

I foresee a battle coming up between band enthusiasts and hotel enthusiasts... :)

You're probably right, but I hope not, both features would be really great additions to the game, and hopefully it won't take forever to get both.

I mean, in theory we could even get both in one pack. Just imagine, your band based in DSV books a tour in another world and you have the option to check into a hotel before the gig... which could be a fancy hotel, or a lot that looks like a big Airstream trailer. You could even have a new mischief interaction for "trash the hotel room."
    edited July 2021
    Amapola76 wrote: »

You're probably right, but I hope not, both features would be really great additions to the game, and hopefully it won't take forever to get both.

I mean, in theory we could even get both in one pack. Just imagine, your band based in DSV books a tour in another world and you have the option to check into a hotel before the gig... which could be a fancy hotel, or a lot that looks like a big Airstream trailer. You could even have a new mischief interaction for "trash the hotel room."

Also, I'm going to really lose my head here and suggest that Bands + Hotels+ Romance could totally be an EP.

No, no, wait, hear me out: what do most people hire for their wedding? A band.

And where do most people stay for their honeymoons? A hotel.

Also, as in my previous post, bands tend to stay in hotels while on tour.

Now tell me this doesn't all tie together neatly? And it would have the additional virtue of both containing old fan-favorite features that people have been begging for, but at the same time being a new, unique reformulation that might keep our friendly local devs from being bored with old content.

Maxis, I am available if you would like to make me an offer. (Actually, I'm not, but we could talk.)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Hotels just sound so tedious to me. I want an exciting life to be rich and famous!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member

Also, I'm going to really lose my head here and suggest that Bands + Hotels+ Romance could totally be an EP.

Now tell me this doesn't all tie together neatly? And it would have the additional virtue of both containing old fan-favorite features that people have been begging for, but at the same time being a new, unique reformulation that might keep our friendly local devs from being bored with old content.

Maxis, I am available if you would like to make me an offer. (Actually, I'm not, but we could talk.)

I actually had a theory after Snowy Escape came out that we were probably going to get romance and hotels in one pack too. A Romantic Getaway thing lol
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    Paralee wrote: »

I actually had a theory after Snowy Escape came out that we were probably going to get romance and hotels in one pack too. A Romantic Getaway thing lol

Yes, but that was a very likely NO. Bands can come, even animations and interactions with the concert were included. What you say was just an exaggeration generated by the expectations of the simmers who want those things. Speculation about the bands has a basis.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Paralee wrote: »

Yes, but that was a very likely NO. Bands can come, even animations and interactions with the concert were included. What you say was just an exaggeration generated by the expectations of the simmers who want those things. Speculation about the bands has a basis.

Out of interest, what is the basis? I've not been on the forums much lately, but I've not seen any hints that relate to bands at all. Whereas there was - and continues to be - a lot of discussion of romance in in-game text, and odd little hints for hotels like the Bellhop Simmi.
    @Reedfish
    The reference I am referring to is the interactions implemented for "Sims Summer" the performance stage and the added animations for reactions and artists. There is a piece of work behind that I doubt they were taken simply for a summer festival and if they did they could use it for a package. Romance is insinuated but this year was the strongest in terms of insinuation and in February they were all very expectant, finally nothing related to romance ever came. I doubt they are running a romance package. Very seldom did the in-game texts reference future packages. Only very few.
  • simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    > @Amapola76 said:
    > Also, I'm going to really lose my head here and suggest that Bands + Hotels+ Romance could totally be an EP.
    >
    > No, no, wait, hear me out: what do most people hire for their wedding? A band.
    >
    > And where do most people stay for their honeymoons? A hotel.
    >
    > Also, as in my previous post, bands tend to stay in hotels while on tour.
    >
    > Now tell me this doesn't all tie together neatly? And it would have the additional virtue of both containing old fan-favorite features that people have been begging for, but at the same time being a new, unique reformulation that might keep our friendly local devs from being bored with old content.
    >
    > Maxis, I am available if you would like to make me an offer. (Actually, I'm not, but we could talk.)

This. This. This. I am in awe of your logic and reasoning. If they did this the game would be complete. A million upvotes for you. We can all go home.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Hoping for this......

E4KxkjZVkAE2EBF?format=jpg&name=large