Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    Melody Connors, Mona , and the Big Blonde BABY.

Day 20 June

MdNXUlB.png
    YrCN4Cs.png
    Hospital they went.. Josh indeed was th Doctor.

DAhdy8s.png
    But what surprised me, was that there was not Mia, there was Bryon, and the Nurse was Sakura!! (I looked, both unemployed after this)

YrO7ZJy.png
    Malcolm!! Wrong way!!!

OgLpOIb.png
    MALCOLM!!!!

6gkusAr.png
    Malcolm: "Watcher, I think I'm lost..!"
    GEE!! Really??

bRRGzW3.png
    Malcolm: "Here???"
    YES! Go to that door!

pFbue5r.png
    Malcolm: "Ah! Finally! That doctor seemed familiar, and why did he looked me like he don't like me at all??"
    Hmm.. go figure.. try to remember..

WAgI1HL.png
    Malcolm: "But i cannot possible remember that far to know who the doctor was who delivered me!"
    UGGHH!! Not that far, you ... you.... ahh.. last night?

WeyH7tx.jpg
    Malcolm: "Ohhhhh.... "
    Yeah, I can see the lamp lighting in your head!

M2585gP.png
    Josh: "Okay, let's get this started, relax, Melody."
    Melody: "I try."

UyivFQV.png
    Malcolm: "How can she relax??? How can anyone relax??? Roof is falling!!!"
    Melody: "Please shut up!"

RiINv24.png
    Josh: "And here we have, little Mona Landgraab."

jNdZArA.png
    Malcolm: "Aww..."

iVVM4No.png
    Malcolm: "Hey.. shhh.. you wake up the whole city.. is there an on/off cry button in somewhere??"

41BySkt.png
    Melody: "Thank you so much, that was not as bad as I figured!"
    Josh: "You are very welcome."

oDpLKQQ.png
    Malcolm: "Oh yeah, thanks dude!"
    MALCOLLLMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Malcolm:"Come on watcher, he can handle it!"
    Josh was actually laughing this time, but if I were Malcolm, I would not try my luck that often :D

LGi6Coz.png
    Okay, here is lil Mona.

MdNXUlB.png
    And this is the nursery corner.

Some of you know by now that these are first and last baby pics of Mona, she will be toddler when she will be showing up next :)

PS. No Big Blonde Babies were harmed while taking the pics.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @permanentrose - Ahhh...thank you for putting them in Windenburg. Yes, Sakura's original move to Windenburg was a life changer for sure, and she really feels like home there. And lovely reasoning on where to put everyone else. :)
    edited June 2021
    @Skeilah - It was me asking about what world you were doing next. And that sounds like a very BIG plan! lol Looking forward to a very different July.

@Ellupelluellu -
    I had such a good laugh reading this post. Bryon was the receptionist and Sakura was the nurse? Oh gosh! Sakura took Fine Arts at uni...well, I guess delivering a baby is a fine art! lol And Malcolm...he cracks me up running all around the hospital. And look at how sweet...a little nooboo...Mona...! And then Malcolm does the hand buzzer with Josh again. I laughed so hard at that one! Melody looked so serene and calm...it was Malcolm who needed the tranquilizer. hehehe And I think that Malcolm needs to start reading those parenting books, too....pfft....on/off switch! hehe
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    06-29-21_7-57-24-pm.jpg
    (Trigger Warning)
    The kids got up and got ready for school silently, trying not to wake Marnie. They made sure the Twins had breakfast, then filed out the door with worried faces. Jaz honestly considered staying home with the twins since Marnie still hadn’t come out of the bedroom, but in the end- decided that she needed to go to school. Marnie would wake up soon, right?
    06-29-21_8-05-16-pm.jpg
    The twins, however, ended up keeping each other company for the most part, and they were desperately hungry by the time the other kids got home from school.
    06-29-21_8-07-37-pm.jpg
    Walking to the front door from school, Phoenix muttered something that made Jaz turn around angrily. “It’s NOT my fault!” they gritted out. “I didn’t make Dad leave. Take that back.”

“Is TOO your fault. You and your stupid non-binary stuff is what started this whole thing in the first place!” Phoenix replied.

Furious, Jaz just turned around and went inside.
    06-29-21_8-07-48-pm.jpg
    Dishes and dirty laundry were everywhere, and dust was starting to accumulate.
    06-29-21_8-05-30-pm.jpg
    It was very clear that Marnie had never gotten out of bed for the day.

With a worried sigh, Jaz went to get some food for the twins, and spend some time playing with each of them. If this continued, there was no way Jaz felt they could leave the twins home “alone” the next day. School was just going to have to suffer. Myles and Phoenix didn’t seem to think it was a problem, but Jaz just couldn’t leave them alone again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    At the Social Services counter in the Municipal Center, Gemma waited her turn to talk to a teller.
    06-29-21_9-15-06-pm.jpg
    When she was finally called, she wasted no time, and introduced herself so she could get right to the heart of the matter. “I’m very worried about a young client of mine who hasn’t been to therapy for two weeks. Their family life has gone from just chaotic to bad, and I am honestly worried about them and their brothers. I tried to contact them and the family, but I’ve been getting no response. Their phones appear to be out.”
    06-29-21_9-15-41-pm.jpg
    “Family name?” asked the teller, pleasantly, typing on the computer absently.
    06-29-21_9-16-05-pm.jpg
    “Malone.” Gemma replied, hoping she was doing the right thing.

The teller gasped and threw her hands up. “That’s the second time in two days I’ve heard that name. They’re on my list to investigate. You just have to be patient.”
    06-29-21_9-17-24-pm.jpg
    “I don’t think patient is going to work in this case, … Kayla.” Gemma replied, looking at the woman’s name tag.
    06-29-21_9-19-00-pm.jpg
    Startled, Kayla Bliss looked over the counter at Gemma, and wondered what she could possibly tell her. “Have the police been contacted?”
    06-29-21_9-19-30-pm.jpg
    “Actually, yes, they have. I reported in to them last week about my concerns, and they said I need to talk to you folks here at Social Services.” Gemma replied, reminiscing about her trip to the police department. “I think this is now on your shoulders, Kayla. If you need me to, I’ll come with you, but I think a visit to their house is absolutely necessary.”
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Previously, at the police department:
    06-17-21_8-49-57-pm.jpg
    06-17-21_8-50-47-pm.jpg
    06-17-21_8-50-53-pm.jpg
    06-17-21_8-50-49-pm.jpg
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Back at the Malone’s house…
    06-29-21_8-22-32-pm.jpg
    Jaz was trying to clean up and take care of the twins at the same time – doing two jobs that they should never have had put on their shoulders. By the end of the evening, the power was once again – out, and Jaz had to use a flashlight to get the twins to bed.
    06-29-21_8-25-31-pm-1.jpg
    Consequently, the anti-monster lights weren’t working. Jaz hadn’t slept long when horrible sounds came from under their bed. Terrified, they crawled out of the bed and panicked, wondering who – if anyone – could help them.
    06-29-21_9-03-46-pm-1.jpg
    Finally, taking a deep breath, Jaz decided to do some art. Maybe the monster would go away on it’s own.
    06-29-21_9-05-19-pm-1.jpg
    When that didn’t work, Jaz decided reading under the covers was a good option. Maybe if the monster couldn’t see them..?
    06-29-21_8-24-59-pm-1.jpg
    Finally, with a deep sigh to gather all the bravery they could summon, Jaz sat down next to the tentacles, and prepared to tell it exactly why this wasn’t a good household to haunt.
    06-29-21_9-06-09-pm-1.jpg
    After several arguments, Jaz stood up, energized and victorious. Wondering how long they had until it was time to go to school, they crawled back into bed to get a little nap in.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @SoulGal7
    Your renovations of the Von Haunt Estate are so lovely! You decorated it so nicely - it's so festive. It's going to be such a gorgeous winter wedding for these two, and I'm really excited to see this setting as the backdrop for it! really nice work! Downloading a version with a third floor was a great idea too - such a fun reception area! And good that it is indoors too so hopefully no one will freeze. I like that there's a lot of outdoor space at the Von Haunt Estate too - even in the winter, you're sure to get some lovely screenshots and moments out there too.

Also thank you for your retail store tips, I will definitely be keeping those in mind so that mass chaos hopefully does not ensue HAHA.

@Ellupelluellu
    This update was so much fun, I can tell you had a good time with it. Malcolm was such a fantastic panicked dad. I loved him getting lost, and then when Josh was like, "Stay calm" he panicked even more, gave me a good chuckle reading your dialogue and commentary. And the flashback to the hand buzzer was great, especially when he did it again :D And I loved that Malcolm was trying to remember the doctor who delivered HIM as a baby. Really, your commentary for your posts is always great. Your game is so fun. Welcome baby Mona - lucky for Malcolm, the baby stage will be short and fast haha. Hopefully he's prepared to deal with a toddler ;) I can't wait to see her aged up look - curious about what skin tone and hair color she'll end up inheriting <3
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2021
    June - Day 30: "Partially New Wardrobe"

8QzzRTS.png
    Essa has a new more natural look as I said before, but wanted to show it up close. She has a slight touch of lipstick, a little blush and mascara. She also went back to her natural unshaped eyebrows. I personally think she looks better than she did in DSV.

Notes
    9RIlpGY.png
    Essa's athletic and party outfits have not changed except for the new hairstyle. Josh's athletic and cold weather outfits have not changed either. Both of their formal wear is different, but you'll see that in an update coming soon. <3

pbm2y4k.png
    This is the only way except for bouts of nausea I know Essa is pregnant. She has absolutely no baby belly, yet. I'm guessing that'll change when she reaches her 2nd trimester. However, her boobs are bigger which I'm sure Josh appreciates! ;)

I want to thank @Ellupelluellu for her sharp, observant eyes. She pointed out to me that in my previous screenshots of their lot, the neighborhood decorations were implemented and the fact there was no trash. I did some investigating and discovered the neighborhood already had all four NAPs in place; Modern Development, Green Initiatives and two more. I'm guessing I must've played in this neighborhood before making the custom template save which I used to start the challenge save. I've removed all of them using the mailbox cheat now and the trash is back. However, the decorations are still there and will remain for a couple days. I did a test in another save to find out how long they stay after the NAP has been repealed.

Anyway, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm extremely excited to start playing in Evergreen Harbor in less than an hour. It's incredible to me that I've/we've been playing this challenge for a full six months now. Thanks to everyone who has played or is still playing this challenge along with me. It's very much appreciated and helps to keep me motivated knowing others are having as much fun as I am in doing this challenge. <3

I'll get started on comments next and hope to have them finished soon! Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    06-30-21_11-17-54-am.jpg
    (Possible Trigger Warning)
    Marnie was still in her room, sleeping, by the next morning, so, without any other choice, Jaz stayed home from school. Phoenix and Myles laughed at them, and wished them “luck” with the twins and the granola… but Jaz’s mind was made up. The twins could not be left alone again. So, through the long day, Jaz did what they could. They cleaned up the piles of dishes, picked up some messes the twins had made, and made very sure they were safe, and fed, and taken care of. Sure, it wasn’t Jaz’s job.. but someone had to do it, and clearly Marnie wasn’t going to.

By the time school was out, Jaz’s absence and the lack of information from the family had definitely been noticed. Kayla Bliss, the Social Services officer had now heard more than enough to know that an emergency, unannounced visit was the order of the afternoon. Excusing herself from her other priority cases, she called Gemma Fleming up on the offer of coming along to introduce her, and hopefully make the visit easier on the family.
    06-30-21_2-31-28-pm.jpg
    The arrived at the house on the outside of Oasis Springs, and listened for the sounds of kids playing. You know, what one would expect from a house with five young children in it. There was nothing. Even more worried than they had been, they approached the house and knocked. Hard.
    06-30-21_2-33-19-pm.jpg
    A muffled voice called out that it was open, and Gemma walked into a disaster. It was clear the power was off, and there was no sign of the kids. Angrily, Gemma rounded on Marnie, and ground out, “Where’s Jaz? Where are the others?”

Marnie looked at her bleakly, then shrugged, and sat down on the couch.
    06-30-21_2-35-28-pm.jpg
    One unspoken look between Gemma and Kayla was all it took, and they both picked a direction, looking for the kids.

They found Myles in the back yard, playing happily (although very quietly) on the monkey bars – without any sort of supervision at all.
    06-30-21_2-37-14-pm.jpg
    The trip downstairs into the darkness was less than pleasant, other than the fact that they managed to find the rest of the children.
    06-30-21_2-34-04-pm.jpg
    Jaz was trying to clean up some messes that were on the floor, the twins were playing in their room quietly, and Phoenix was experimenting on the science table.

Rounding everyone up, they got everyone started upstairs, where it was at least lighter, where they could talk.
    06-30-21_2-38-28-pm.jpg
    Arriving upstairs to find Marnie in tears on the couch, Kayla immediately tried to calm the woman down. No matter what she thought of her, she couldn’t stand to see someone this desolate.
    06-30-21_2-39-25-pm.jpg
    Jaz treated Gemma with a huge, relieved hug. “I wasn’t sure I’d see you again, Gemma!” Jaz commented, to which Gemma laughed.

“Not a chance, sweetie. I will always be here for you, even if I’m not your therapist anymore.” Gemma replied with a smile.
    06-30-21_2-40-04-pm.jpg
    Kayla was immediately aware that there was another child who was in danger, as well. This was going to be a lot more complicated than just removing the children. Sighing, she sat Marnie Malone down on the couch, and tried to explain what was going to happen.

Aware that this wasn’t talk for the kids, Gemma took the youngsters outside to play in the back yard for a while.
    06-30-21_2-50-10-pm.jpg
    06-30-21_2-51-48-pm.jpg
    One very unpleasant conversation later, Kayla bundled all the children up, and herded them outside with a promise to return for Marnie later. Each child had been given enough time to pack a small backpack and grab their favorite toys, and that was it. It was time to go.
    06-30-21_2-54-59-pm.jpg
    Jaz looked at Gemma’s infectious smile, and tried to smile back. They felt an immense relief that at least their siblings and them were going to be safe, but all the uncertainty and the upheaval was upsetting. Taking a longing glance back at what had been supposed to be their dream house, Jaz sighed and walked to the big van waiting for them.
    (Trigger Warning over, safe to read from here..)
    During the car ride to Newcrest, Kayla Bliss tried to explain what was happening to the kids. She explained that they hadn’t been in a safe or healthy situation, and she was there to fix that. They were being taken to a safe place for an overnight stay, and by tomorrow Kayla would find places for each of them to call home, temporarily. She explained that it was probable that they wouldn’t be all going to the same home tomorrow, but she would TRY her best to place as many of them as possible in each home.

Finally, pulling into a large and cheerfully well-lit house, Kayla took a deep breath and helped everyone get their things out of the back of the van. Every time she had to do this, she hated to see the hurt, confused, and lost expressions on the kid’s faces. Having so many of them this time made it so much harder.
    06-30-21_2-56-52-pm.jpg
    She knocked on the Williams’ door, and they answered immediately with a big smile.
    06-30-21_2-58-33-pm.jpg
    “So sorry it’s so late, Elizabeth.” Kayla apologized, and started shooing all the kids inside, “And on such short notice, too. These youngsters simply couldn’t stay where they were at any longer.”

Elizabeth Williams smiled, and shushed Kayla, “You know it’s not a problem. We’re here at any time of night for” she paused with a gasp, as her eyes widened at the state the kids were in… “any one in need.”
    06-30-21_2-59-28-pm.jpg
    Each of the kids were introduced, and to Jaz’s delight, they were introduced with the correct pronouns and gender. The toddlers immediately located the toy box, and happily picked out toys.
    06-30-21_3-02-40-pm.jpg
    There was apparently another kid in the house, too, but she didn’t seem to be very sociable, and avoided the living room for now.

Elizabeth asked when the last time the kids had eaten, and was horrified to find out they’d been surviving on cereal, yogurt, and granola from a cooler filled with melted ice. Excusing herself, she went to make a hot meal.
    06-30-21_3-02-52-pm.jpg
    Jaz and their brothers sat awkwardly, looking worriedly around the room. There were fun things everywhere, but they didn’t feel comfortable enough to even grab the toys on the table in front of them.

Kayla finished her explanations, and instructions, and bid them all a temporary goodbye, promising to see them all tomorrow, and went to get Marnie to take her to her new home, too. Being that there was another life at stake, Marnie wasn’t going to be allowed to stay in the home situation she was currently in.
    06-30-21_3-40-04-pm.jpg
    Gemma, also, said goodbye to everyone, with a huge hug for Jaz in particular, and promised to leave Jaz’s Tuesday appointment free for them. “As soon as you can come back, just show up, you don’t even have to warn me. I’m always ready to see you, sweetie!”
    06-30-21_3-45-27-pm.jpg
    Before long, Elizabeth called everyone to a freshly cooked, hot meal. She’d made some homemade Mac N Cheese, a delicacy the Malones had NEVER had. The dish was polished off before long, and everyone, including the quiet blonde girl had smiles on their faces.
    06-30-21_3-45-30-pm.jpg
    The twins didn’t even bother with the formality of finding a chair – both plopping themselves down on the kitchen floor and polishing off a full plate of Mac N Cheese each.
    06-30-21_3-47-37-pm.jpg
    Elizabeth’s husband invited the boys upstairs to go to bed, and Elizabeth directed the blonde to bed, and turned to Jaz. “Ready, sweetie?” she asked.

Jaz nodded mutely, and went to grab her backpack.
    06-30-21_3-48-14-pm.jpg
    With Phoenix and Myles in their PJs and ready for bed, both were lovingly tucked in and assured that the nightlights were working by each bed.
    06-30-21_3-48-48-pm.jpg
    Through an open doorway, Jaz was tucked into another bunkbed, able to see their brothers to feel safe, and knowing the twins were just down the hall.
    Speaking of the twins, They were tucked in with full bellies, and happy smiles, and read a bedtime story in a cheerful room just around the corner from the rest of the Malones.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Later, in Del Sol Valley, Kayla dropped Marnie and her meager belongings off at a women’s shelter designed for homeless, pregnant, and endangered women.
    06-30-21_4-01-49-pm.jpg
    She introduced her to the retired actress who ran the shelter, but Marnie was so tired and distracted she couldn’t remember the woman’s name. She would have to ask again tomorrow.
    06-30-21_4-02-43-pm.jpg
    There were two other pregnant women there, both much younger, and both not as pregnant as Marnie, but it felt better to know she wasn’t alone.
    06-30-21_4-04-10-pm.jpg
    The actress showed Marnie to her cottage, pointing out the small laundromat and the pool and garden on the way there. There was even a small, well-stocked kitchenette in the cottage in case Marnie got hungry later. Exhausted and overwhelmed, Marnie apologized and begged to be allowed to get some sleep. The woman apologized, and left Marnie to herself. Marnie fell into bed in her clothes, and was asleep almost immediately.
    (Just a bonus image, but trigger warning)
    06-30-21_11-20-01-am.jpg
    THIS… is the disaster that the Malone’s basement was when the kids were taken. (None too soon in my opinion!!)
    @Karababy52 Essa's makeover looks great! I really love that hair. All their new outfit categories look great too! I'm excited to play this new month too, even though I'm doing my own thing again, but I'll enjoy seeing you guys play this pack for sure! I've really loved this challenge a lot too - I don't think I've ever had so much fun playing the sims! I've learned so much about this game too, and I'm glad I've met all you lovely people along the way too <3
    @SoulGal7
    What a fun date! I love having my Sims ice and roller skate, it's so much fun watching them fall and then improve and start doing tricks! So cute how they had a snowball fight too and Oppsies! Wolfgang threw a snowball just a bit too hard and then felt guilty about it. I'm sure the hot cocoa helped to smooth things over. Plus she just loves him and knows he didn't mean any harm, just innocent fun. :) Can't wait to find out where they're going on their honeymoon! Yay! \o/ Congrats to Wolfgang for getting gold for their date too. :)

Aww, he's writing her a wedding song! That is so, so sweet. I just love how much he loves her! All these hints with knitting the onesie and what you said, makes me feel there will be the pitter patter of little feet in the next month for these two! So fun how so many challengers are having children now. Makes sense though, we're halfway through, they will be adults soon and need time for them to grow before the challenge ends and maybe use any offspring for next year! IF anyone does this again. Not sure if I will, but maybe. ;)

Oh man, the same thing happened to me when we got married. My sister-in-law to be told me I was spending the night with their Grandmother to pack a bag the night before our wedding. I thought it was silly at the time since we'd been living together for 4 1/2 years, but it was a tradition I guess so I went along with it. :D

Good idea using the 'convince to...' command to get rid of that townie! Never thought of doing that before. If I didn't have a Mod that prevents anyone from bothering my Sims, I'd do that, thanks for the tip! :) Love that venue you downloaded too, thanks for always posting links to any lots you get from the Gallery for others to download if they wish too. Very appreciative you take the time to do that! :)

A skylight! Gah! I so should've done that! And I think I will now, thanks for the tip! HAHA! Oh boy, now I wish we had goats in the Sims, I would SO put some up on that grass roof if we did. ;)

WOW! The Von Haunt Estate looks magnificent and so festive! You did a fantastic job with lilsimsie's build! Bravo lady, take a bow! *clap, clap, clap* I love all the personal touches you put in there too with the photos. So wonderful seeing Sakura's parents and her Grandfather too. His name is very appropriate. This is going to be a magical wedding for sure! :)

@permanentrose
    The garden looks great! Can't wait for Essa and Josh to have another one. That's actually one of the first things they'll do, plant some harvestables from a couple seed packets they bought. :) I knew they'd grow on the retail lot from my first retail lot, a bakery/art studio. Oh and about the retail lot and the baby. The baby can't be born on a retail lot, but they can live there afterward. Also, if someone has a job, they will go to the home lot when arriving home and kids will go there after school too. I don't think Ruby is going to school though, so that doesn't matter as much. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

The store is looking great! For a long time I didn't even know we could sell books, very cool. I love the office area too, especially seeing that bassinet next to the desk. ;) The apartment is looking fabulous too. Love all the photos dotted around the rooms, makes it feel more like home eh? I think photography is one of my favorite things to do in this game next to gardening, painting, playing instruments, building/decorating and of course number one, playing Rags to Riches style. :)

Sent you a PM about Josh. :)

Thanks about the interior of their little house. Yep, it's bare, but it'll fill up over time. I'm excited to start playing with them in EL and will be doing just that when I'm finished commenting. :)

Yep, you guessed right about their formal wear! ;) Not much of a secret really, pretty easy to figure out. :D

Thanks, love all the hairstyles that came with EL! That's been one of the best parts about doing this challenge. I'm so glad I decided to post about it on the forum, it's resulted in meeting a lot of great Simmers, reading their wonderful stories and making friendships along the way. I've learned a lot about the game from everyone too.

@Skeilah
    Love your schedule for the coming months. I know you have said you want to do as many skills/aspirations as possible and make Bryon a SuperSim, so it makes sense. Can't wait to see how it goes for Bryon and his family. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Oh that's right! Yeah, you wouldn't want to throw out any food since they had to grow the ingredients themselves, would be a tremendous waste.

Thanks about my plans for them during their time in EL. Oh boy, I know what you mean with the counters. Gah! I wish I knew why they tuned it so those are so rare to find. My Sims sometimes never find any. Ugh!

Oh man, seriously? They would've gotten the special Spellcaster bassinets from the hospital? I had no idea. I just thought it would be the base game ones. Well, I guess if they have more than one baby, I won't have to make them buy another bassinet now, so that's a good thing. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Yay! Josh was Melody's Doctor! I was hoping that would happen since they had met and he checked her out about the baby before. Poor Melody, she looks like she is SO done with this. hehe So cool Bryon and Sakura were the receptionist and nurse! Love that they were working together. HAHA! Malcom got lost! So funny seeing him run around like that! Silly guy! Oh Gee Malcom, I wonder why he might not like you, couldn't be a very good reason at all eh? ;) LOL!

hehe Malcom panicking and Melody telling him to shut up, so realistic! Aww, and there she is, a girl, little Mona! Love that name by the way. Aww, is right Malcom, love that screenshot of him all happy. Hilarious about the on/off button comment from Malcom when she was crying. hehe Another big Awww for the hug shared between Melody and Josh! Malcommmm! What the? LOL Sheesh! Glad Josh was a good sport about it though. :)

hehe Your ending disclaimer is hilarious too! Great update, Congrats to Melody and Malcom! Can't wait to see what Mona looks like once she's a toddler. I bet she'll be adorable. :)
    edited July 2021
    June 26 - Sakura and Wolfgang's Wedding - Preparations At The Munch House - Part 1

NOT-BAD-BUT-THE-LIPS-NEEDS-MORE-ROUGE.png
    The wedding day had arrived and there was so much activity in the house. Sakura barely had a chance to get a cup of tea before Luna and Sofia had arrived with a trunk load of supplies. Eye Shadow, lipstick, eye liner, hairspray, hair dye, curling iron, hair ribbons, blow dryer, more hairspray...it was endless, and they set it all up in the kitchen and had Sakura sit on a chair.

THE-MORNING-HAD-STARTED-EARLY.png

Luna: "I have some ideas of how we're going to do your hair. We might have to dye it another color. If we just pull it up like this, and bring this along here..." she said as she started to arrange Sakura's hair on her head.

SPRAYING-HER-HAIR-INTO-A-DIFFERENT-DOO.png

Sakura: "Um...I was just going to wear my hair down..."

Luna looked shocked: "Just wear your hair down? Oh my gosh, no! This is a big event! Look at this picture here in this magazine...this is what I had in mind. Very elegant. You will look sensational! Let's give it a run through and you can decide then..."

After several attempts, Luna got the look she was aiming for.

I-THINK-THATS-A-GOOD-COLOR-FOR-HERE.png

Then is was Sofia's turn to do Sakura's make-up. Sofia's first attempt had Sakura's cheeks looking too red.

REALLY-TOO-DARK.png

Sofia: "Oh, yikes! That blush is the wrong shade for you...I wanted to use that pink ballet slipper shade not flamingo! Ugh! Don't worry, I have another shade that will look better. You are going to look fab Sakura!"

THIS-IS-THE-LOOK.png

Luna: "And we have a gift for you, too, Sakura. Um...it's to wear for the honeymoon night..."

Sakura looked surprised and took the gift from Luna. She opened it and looked inside and swallowed hard.

ITS-FOR-THE-HONEYMOON-TONIGHT.png

Sakura: "Um...I'm supposed to wear this?"

Sofia: "Sakura, has Wolfgang only seen you in your Panda pjs?"

Sakura: "Well...no...I have some other ones I wore at university."

Luna: "Oh, my gosh! I saw those...you weren't planning on wearing one of those pjs on your wedding night, were you?"

Sakura gave them a half-smile, "Well, I..."

Sofia: "Oh my plumbobs! No way! Wolfgang is going to be in for a surprise! Sakura, when you come out of the bathroom with THAT on, Wolfgang is going to have a heart attack!"

HAVING-A-FUN-TIME-GETTING-READY-WEDDING-MORNING.png

Luna: "Oh my gosh! Yes! You better take a crash course in CPR! The poor guy is gonna keel over!" she said and they all burst out laughing.

WHEN-WOLF-SEES-YOU-IN-THAT-HES-GONNA-HAVE-A-HEART-ATTACK.png

Luna and Sofia continued to help Sakura get ready, and when she was dressed and looked in the mirror, Sakura didn't even recognize herself. Luna and Sofia chanted the age old bride check.

Luna: "Something old..." Sakura: "My mother's wedding dress."

Sofia: "Something new..." Sakura: "My shoes."

Luna: "Something borrowed..." Sakura: "Mila's necklace."

Sofia: "Something blue..." Sakura laughed and shouted, "My hair!"

Afterwards they shooed Sakura out of the kitchen so they could start work on Mila, and then they had to get ready.

hugging-lucas.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wolfgang arrived at the house and practically ran inside looking for Sakura. Last night he, Sergio and Joaquin had stayed up until the wee hours playing cards and chatting and drinking. Sergio and Joaquin were giving Wolfgang lots of "brotherly" advice, and told Wolfgang some things about Sakura that he didn't even know. And the more "brotherly" advice they gave, the more they drank. Wolfgang was surprised that he wasn't hung over with the amount of alcohol he had drunk. And then, when he did go to bed, he couldn't sleep. He had tossed and turned the entire night thinking about Sakura.

WOLFGANG-ARRIVED-AT-THE-HOUSE-AND-PRACTICALLY-RAN-INSIDE.png

He saw Luna and Sofia in the kitchen and they told him Sakura was in the Games Room. Wolfgang took a deep breath before he opened the door.

sakura-wolfgang.png

Sakura looked up from the notes she was reading, "Wolfgang...is that...is that you? You look so handsome...." she said feeling like she just wanted to touch his face to make sure he was real. The photo that River had sent her with Wolfgang's tux on had not done him justice.

Wolfgang looked at Sakura and couldn't believe how incredibly beautiful she looked, "Oh my gosh! Sakura...is that you? You look...so amazing...and your hair..."

Sakura: "I know...Luna dyed it...Is it okay,,,do you like it?" Sakura asked shyly.

i-cant-believe-it-was-just-one-night-away.png

They both stared at each other for a moment and then Wolfgang came over and took Sakura's hands in his, "You really have no idea how beautiful you look, do you? Sakura, you would look gorgeous in anything. I missed you last night, Sakura. It was only for one night, but I missed you so much..."

Sakura looked at Wolfgang, "I missed you too...I'm so glad that you are here now...I don't know why, but I feel so nervous, like I'm going to forget to do something..."

Wolfgang smiled at her, "Oh don't worry about that...if we forget anything, Sergio and Joaquin will step right in...plus they gave me a list, which I have in my pocket and they're giving River one, too."

i-feel-so-much-better-now-that-you-are-here-wolfgang.png

Sakura laughed, "Your eyes are shining...did you get any sleep?"

Wolfgang: "Not a wink," he laughed, "But I feel so alive...so overjoyed...so pumped on all the caffeine I've drank..."

Sakura: "Oh Wolfgang, I feel so emotional...like I am going to cry any minute...and then jump for joy the next..."

Wolfgang looked deeply in Sakura's eyes, "I feel exactly the same way. And I don't know if I'm allowed to do this before the wedding, but I would like to start this day by giving my bride a kiss..."

giving-sakura-a-kiss-morning-of-wedding.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

making-a-cameo-as-photographer-is-benny-fielding.png

The wedding photographer, Benny Fielding, had arrived and was setting up the photography equipment. And soon, it was time to start taking the wedding photos.

wedding-ohoto-of-the-two-of-them.png

He used a variety of backgrounds to get the best photos and the bride and groom were up first.

benny-taking-pics.png

wedding-photo.png

When all the photos had been taken, it was time to leave for the Von Haunt Estate. The wedding started at 2pm, but they were getting there early as Mila and Clara had to bring the cakes in, and Luna and River had some set-up to do for the ceremony. Benny, the photographer, was also going to take some photos before everyone arrived.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Benny FIelding is a sim I created and is making a guest appearance in this story, as he is a photographer with Clickbait Magazine in my Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise Challenge. Benny is maxed in the photography skill.
    Update 180 - Welcome to Magnolia Promenade

MHV8zBR.jpg?1
    I've just been busier lately and these renovations took so long and also popping into live mode to stock the store took a lot of time too, so still no "real" story post. I also did some makeovers inspired by the GTW pack, as you can see in the daily shot! (Don't mind Emmett's derpy face, it's just the pose haha) Bumped Jules up to her second trimester officially too.

Overhead layout shots
    GZKKCxG.jpg
    YAnRfMh.png

I totally changed around the book section of the store and made it cozy place to have coffee and read some books while customers shop (obviously probably won't actually happen that way, but the intention was there HAHA)
    rxMlAPr.jpg
    YcOU08D.jpg
    1E4vcZI.jpg

Some more shots of the art and knitted items they'll be selling (There's no option to sell those plant holders, so I ended up taking most of them down)
    pC7ZQ5I.jpg
    Udr6aw3.jpg
    m6qArdi.jpg
    OOWsMeN.jpg

And up to the apartment - here's the main living room.
    f77Wciy.jpg
    XPwVIK7.png

Kitchen
    54I71sV.jpg
    RbrN1bp.jpg

Jules and Emmett's room (I feel like their room is always the most bare haha - well, I can add some baby/toddler pics eventually too :smile:)
    4vPWREP.jpg
    S33Y9IU.png

There's also a workout room and bathroom but didn't feel like I needed to show those, they're nothing special. And the baby's room is too small to take good shots of, but it's basically just the same as what it looked like in Oasis Springs as far as furnishings and decorations go.

There may be more stuff I add to the outside eventually, but this is what I got around to for now! It's winter anyway so they won't be needing to spend time outside. I'm gonna keep Jules in the culinary career just a bit longer to see if I can finish out those aspirations, and then I'll come up with some kind of story to get her to join the scientist career at some point.
    @Karababy52
    Thanks about the garden! Now that Jules sold her Oasis Springs house though, they have A LOT of money, so I kind of don't need the garden anymore, but I've just gotten in the habit of having it and up keeping it, so it will stay for now :) Thanks for the retail lot tips too - so once the baby is born on the home lot or hospital, he will be able to show up on the retail lot??? Ruby is attending school, she's just been an A student for ages and I don't bother to post anything about it haha, but I'll just use that "bring Ruby here" option once she goes home to their empty lot :)

I've never sold books in a retail shop before. I actually had to look up how to get them to display when I was building and realized that you needed that special shelf. Rose and Carrie have a retail shop (it's actually still there on the lot next to Jules' haha - they sell Rose's paintings and also a bunch of collectables they've found) but after I played with for a bit, I kind of lost interest and didn't explore it too much, so it will be fun to actually play this pack properly with Jules now.

Do you have a plan for aging their baby? I was just curious about that and how long you might plan to do each life stage :) There is so much to do with EL, and I'm glad I understand the pack a little better now too, so I'll be more familiar with what you guys are doing this month than I was for last month's stuff.

@SoulGal7
    Lovely wedding preparations. It's really sweet that her two best friends did her hair and makeup for her! I like Luna's comment about having to dye her hair haha - it is a shame that Sakura's ombre color doesn't come with more styles, but you made it work anyway. HAHAHA, love that they are giving her something a bit sexy to wear on her wedding night too ;) I love all of her wedding items too - especially the blue hair, very clever ;)

Their outfits look so good! Wolfgang is looking so sharp in his tux, and Sakura is stunning with that hairstyle and dress! And adding a fully skilled photographer to the household is a great idea - one of my favorite things to do for events and weddings! Love their photo booth pictures too! So excited for the wedding! You've really done such a nice and thoughtful build up for it :)
    July - Day 1: "There is great satisfaction hidden within simplicity."

s6ZCunO.png

Notes
    5kBUwpb.png
    After Essa and Josh put away the few things they'd brought with them from DSV, they took a tour of the small house they'd had built for them. Both were in awe of how much had been accomplished in such a short time. It still needed a lot of things to be a proper home, but that's exactly what they wanted. This would be a home handmade together with love.

Essa started planting the seeds they had bought and Josh got started on making a bathtub.

8PzZbrM.png
    Finished planting, Essa settled down in the rocking chair to knit the first of several rugs, while Josh began to make a wooden toilet. Essa was a bit anxious about that, she worried about slivers. But Josh promised he knew what he was doing and would sand the wood smooth as porcelain.

Yv8PlJY.png
    A few hours later he put both of his new creations in the bathroom and hooked up the plumbing to them. Essa thought the gleaming wood was beautiful and couldn't wait to try out the tub. She wasn't in a hurry to try the toilet though, but it looked smooth, so she trusted it would be fine without any injuries to their posteriors.

ACytmpn.png
    The wind turbine hadn't generated enough power yet to use their cells, so the couple walked over to the community center to charge them there. Essa wanted to look for a job right away . When they arrived, they saw a sign with a notice about Neighborhood Action Plans and ideas for a new Community Center. Residents could vote for what they felt would benefit the community the most.

One of the choices was for a Maker's Space. If this were the winning idea, the run down community center would be cleaned up and various machines put in place to make furniture, fizzy juice, candles and more. After looking over the other ideas, the couple decided that one would be the most beneficial. They'd come back Friday when voting began, or perhaps mail in their choices. Essa grabbed a couple ballots to mail just in case they didn't have time to come back.

Josh went to investigate an overflowing dumpster to see if there was anything useful inside while Essa had a chat with a guy they'd just met by the name of Sam Murdock. Maybe he could give them some insights into how this voting process worked. Unfortunately, he didn't live there, he was just visiting, but it was still nice to make a new friend. She had a chat with a couple others using the center's recycling machine as well.

bE5iL9P.png
    Josh found a few good things, but still hadn't reached the bottom of the dumpster. By this time their phones were charged so Essa made a call to someone Sam had suggested about a Civil Designer job. She liked the idea of working to improve the neighborhood's footprint to a greener and cleaner environment. Essa was invited to come for an interview on Thursday, two days away. She was excited and hopeful it would go well and she'd get the job.

The Sun was just beginning to come up by now, they'd stayed up all night and Essa was tired so they went home, carrying Josh's treasures between them. Thankfully it wasn't anything too big or heavy for Essa to handle in her condition.

* Notice Essa's finally got a baby bump! It happened while she was walking toward Josh after talking to Sam. She's officially in her 2nd trimester. :)

GSHMY7u.png
    While Essa took a nap, Josh did a little fishing in a nearby canal. He didn't catch anything that would be tasty to eat, but that was okay.

CIjorgQ.png
    He would use them for fertilizer instead to help their new plants grow strong and healthy.

aKyHNxa.png
    Josh hadn't checked out the new bee hutch yet, so walked over to see how the hive was doing, hopefully they didn't have mites. When he opened the lid, the bees came flying out and buzzed around him as if they were just as curious about him. He'd forgotten to put on the beekeeper's outfit they bought, but it didn't matter. The bees seemed to like him, he didn't get stung despite a rather large number swarming around him.

"Hey little bees, yes I like you too! Please make us lots of honey and wax. I promise to treat you well."

bAmqY52.png
    Meanwhile Essa was awake and having a bowl of salad in the nursery. The rocking chair was the only place to sit, but she didn't mind. It was comfy and she loved that room anyway. She liked how peaceful it was and daydreamed about the baby as she looked around the room and ate.

S4oyDe1.png
    Somehow her fans in StrangerVille had found their address and continued to mail her various items and letters of appreciation. Unfortunately, one of them had to be from her mischievous 'fan' since it contained a foul rainbow fish and a nasty note. Would it ever end? How had they found them so quickly?

DkujgCR.png
    Essa went around back to have a chat with Josh while he made some garden planters. He told her about the lovely bees so she went to have a look for herself. They did seem to be very nice, swarming around her with a soft buzz.

adf2GFz.png
    But one stung her and when she yelled and took a swat at it, the others must've been angered by it and dive bombed her from all directions.

"OWWW! AHHHH! Josh, I thought you said they were nice."
    "They were to me, I'm sorry. Come over here and check out the bug hotel, see if there's anything in it yet. Maybe the bees won't follow you."

Q6lFIgt.png
    "Oh yeah, there's a few crickets in here and one of them is HUGE! Look at this guy. Hey there big fella, tell your friends to come hang out too, okay?"
    "Holy Simoly! I've never seen a cricket that big before."
    "I know right? We'll get lots of cricket meal out of him. How's the planter coming?"
    "I finished it. I'm making some shelves for candles now."
    "Cool, I hope those bees make some wax soon. I saw a few soybean plants around, but they're not ready yet."
    "It takes awhile. We'll be fine without light, there's a full moon the next few days."

zjNVNpM.png
    The turbine had generated enough stored power by now for Essa to draw up a concept plan on her tablet for an energy device she'd been thinking about for awhile. Finished with that she glanced out the window at Josh and saw a guy walking down the sidewalk. She was curious what others in the neighborhood did for their utility needs and went outside to have a chat with him.

fHyAXah.png
    "Hi, my name's Essa, my fiancé and I just moved here, do you live here? Could I ask you something?"
    "Hi Essa, nice to meet you. Yes, I do live here, what would you like to know?"
    "What do you do for power and water in your home? Do you use a wind turbine, solar panels and/or a dew collector perhaps? Or do you pay for your power and water?"
    "Oh we pay the power and water companies. I'm trying to start up a new business and don't have time to take care of any machinery at home myself."
    "Okay, so, may I ask what you pay per month for your utilities?"

5cjQfGK.png
    "How dare you ask me that? It's none of your business. What a nosy young lady! Maybe you should go home and stop bothering others with such personal questions. The nerve!" The gentleman yelled at Essa and then turned with his nose in the air to walk away down the sidewalk.
    (Okay, well that was weird. What's the big secret?)

A little unnerved by the man's defensive attitude, and the fact nobody else seemed to be around right now, Essa went back home to knit another rug.

YIWjC9L.png
    Josh needed a break from all the woodworking he'd been doing, and took his guitar out front to play for a little while. The temperature had fallen by this time too and the cool night breeze felt good on his hot face. The song he played had been written with Essa in mind, so naturally it made him think of her and...he went inside to ask her a very important question.

fOs3kmO.png
    "I've been thinking about you and how we haven't christened our new bed yet, if you get what I mean. But, I was wondering something about that. Is it...is it okay to woo hoo now. It won't hurt the baby will it? I mean, well--"
    "I know what you're trying to say, don't worry, you won't hurt the baby or me. Remember how I told you I can't get enough? That's still very, very much true."
    "I was hoping you'd say that." Josh said as he gave Essa a loving look, followed by a tender kiss and took her hand.

6s10PPK.png
    See those two hearts? They floated up stuck together like that and never let go of each other. I've never seen that happen before...

XFKwDbl.png
    And thus ended my play session for the night/morning as these two drifted contentedly off to sleep. :)

I'm sorry but I stayed up way too late excited to play in EL and I'm exhausted. I'll post comments on all your lovely updates later this afternoon/early evening. Hope y'all have a great day/night! <3
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    July 1
    Week 9 Friday

2021-06-19-10_58_43-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    June 27
    FtnMXJe.png

Bryons Diary
    (Naoki) “So, let me get this straight… We’re going on a vacation with the kids, both our moms, Kristine and Hana?”
    (Bryon) “That’s the plan for now, indeed! Patrick will take care of Roo, since he’s not really that adventurous, and Rene and his new girlfriend will watch the Saito mansion and our house! Our moms will meet each other tomorrow at the Saito household.”

CAyZdaV.png
    (Naoki) “That sounds great! I hope our moms will get along.”
    (Bryon) “Haha, I guess they’ll be friends soon. And I think Kristine and Hana will get along too!”

2lAZR00.png
    As we were talking, some random dude came to sit next to us. He introduced himself as Benji.

(Benji) “Do you see that girl walking towards here? That’s my girl!”

We immediately started laughing.

Y4t5lWH.png
    (Benji) “Hey… You’re hurting my feelings…”
    (Bryon) “I’m… I’m so sorry, but… That’s… HAHAHAHAH”
    (Naoki) “That’s Ulrike Faust. Literally everyone here knows that’s she’s already dating someone. I’m sorry man, but that person isn’t you.”

Dmjq2ef.png
    (Benji) “…”
    (Bryon) “Oh, that was more funny than I thought it would be, oof….”
    (Naoki) "To be honest, it really is, hahahaha!"
    (Benji) "Okay, okay. I get it already."

BK6uGm5.png
    (Benjià "You don't have to rub it in..."
    (Naoki) “Ahhhh, I think we made the kiddo sad."
    (Bryon) "I'm sorry for laughing so hard, kiddo."
    (Benji) "Nah, it's okay."

oxu4U3z.png
    (Bryon) "Did we go too far there?"
    (Naoki) "Don't worry about him. he'll be alright."
    (Bryon) "But..."

YMfG014.png
    And then, he tickled me.

(Naoki) "Come on, I like seeing your laugh!"
    (Bryon) “Stoooooppp, please! I’m gonna pee my pants if you continue!”
    (Naoki) “Hahahaha, I wanna see that!”
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    June 28
    unLsu9e.png

Bryons Diary
    As planned, we went to the Saito mansion to introduce our moms to each other. What we didn't know, was that a weird plot was about to get unfolded…

(Maria) “I have to say, Randi… At first, when I saw Bryon, I was quite shocked, but I didn’t say anything about it back then… But now you too…”
    (Randi) "What about us?"
    (Maria) "Your son, and you especially... Are perhaps familiar with the name Sandi?"

Wpxxf2R.png
    (Randi) “Sandi... Yeah. She's is my twin sister.”
    (Bryon) “Wait. Did you just say ‘twin sister’?”

fb1iPH3.png
    (Maria) “It's so weird, really. Sandi never mentioned having any siblings.”
    (Randi) “That’s probably because we don’t get along very well. I lived at home while Sandi attended boarding school. I assume you know her from there?"
    (Maria) “We were roommates, from the start to the end."

v5n1OQu.png
    (Maria) "We still had regular contact with each other until… Last year…”
    (Randi) “Did something happen?”
    (Maria) “Don’t you know? Sandi got into an accident and passed away…”

w2kNEBI.png
    (Randi) “Wait. You're saying... Sandi… Is dead?”
    (Maria) “So you really didn't know... I guess the two of you really didn’t get along…"
    (Randi) "I mean... I haven't heard anything from her after she left to that boarding school..."
    (Maria) "So you also don’t know anything about her daughter?”
    (Randi) “She had a daughter? No, I didn’t know…”

khaDjMf.png
    Maria then went over to the bookcase and took out what looked like a photo album.

(Maria) “Her name's Chelsie. Whenever I had the chance to escape this house, away from Katsutoshi, I went to Sandi and Chelsie. They were the only ones I could rely on... But Chelsie and Sandi often fought. Chelsie was a stubborn teenager for sure... And it only got worse when she got older. Last year, Chelsie ran away after another fight. Sandi tried searching her, and that’s when it happened… The accident, I mean... And nobody knows where Chelsie is… I haven’t seen her since then… I didn't have an excuse to leave home anymore... At least, not until my son decided to come save me.”

2gx9ZrF.png
    (Maria) “This is what she looked like. This photo is from a photoshoot.”
    (Randi) “She looks a lot like Sandi. As rebels as her. How did you even manage to befriend my sister? I'm so surprised.”
    (Maria) “I guess opposites attract?”

Fh8FhRH.png
    (Bryon) "Did you know something about this?"
    (Naoki) "I knew about Sandi being mom's best friend, but I had no clue that she would be somehow related to you. Serious. It's not like I ever really met her. Nobody ever came over here, and I've been living with you for so many years now. I never knew Sandi passed away."
    (Bryon) "Man... The world sure is small..."

However, the evening turned out to be nice. Everyone was happily talking about the vacation, our mothers were befriending each other just like we hoped would happen, but my mind was somewhere totally different. I mean, I have cousin. Who would've thought? But... Where in the world is she? I should be thinking about a nice vacation, not about a person I don't even know.

pD6AiBf.png
    (Hana) “Hi mom! I’m back— ughhh… Home…”

Nry3rgG.png
    (Maria) “Are you okay? How was your visit? Did your father say anything?”
    (Hana) “Father lightened up just a little bit when I announced him the news that I'm pregnant.”

Wait. Is Hana... Pregnant?

hSqXHGN.png
    (Maria) “That's nice! I'd kill him with my own hands if he dared saying something. I'm always behind you!! Also, I’m about to sign these divorce papers and send them to him. I honestly don’t want anything to do with him anymore.”

iJQlu0L.png
    (Bryon) “Naoki. Why is Hana...?”
    (Naoki) “Oh!! I totally forgot to tell you!!”
    (Bryon) “Yes, you did!”
    (Naoki) “I’ll explain!”
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!

@Karababy52 , @permanentrose , @SoulGal7 , I am thanking you all from your comments <3<3 I rather do it like this than copy paste same words 3 times :p It was fun to play, and I am glad it was fun to read too :) I did forget the last picture, back then I was too lazy to edit it.. but now it looks it was important after all , so , here:
    XoH4rvR.png
    Uh! I always forget to replace that candle..

@Karababy52 ,
    --Essa looks great, I know I have said this earlier, but she looks better than she did at DSV , that hairstyle and dress are lovely :)
    -- Haha, I love the main pic, it's like Essa feels that seeing Josh dumpster diving is extremely hot :joy: Poor Essa with the bees :/ Oh how rude dude!!
    @SoulGal7 ,
    -- Great wedding preparations! She looks very beautiful with that hair and dress! :)

@permanentrose ,
    -- Lovely family pic :) That store and their house look very lovely! I have not myself ran a store yet :)

@Karababy52
    Essa's baby bump is so cute - Jules looks like a whale in comparison haha! I know it's probably just a glitch that she didn't show until her second semester, but still kind of nice she gets to stay a bit smaller with her first pregnancy, since that can often be realistic. It will be interesting to see if she gets a belly her first semester if she has anymore kids.

Nice foundations for a new garden! And I do like the option to craft some household items too - it's been so long since I've done that, it's a nice reminder seeing you do it since I kind of forgot that option exists in the game. Glad they have a toilet now too haha, that is rather important haha. So do you have the eco features fully enabled so that pre-mades and townies can vote for the NAPs too? I only sort of got a feel for how that worked with my trial so I'm curious to see if work in all your games. The community lots seem like really nice features too. The dumpster diving screenshots are a lot of fun. You said at one point that Essa and Josh will never woohoo in a dumpster, right haha? I totally did have to try that feature out in my trial save though - reminded me a lot of the coffin woohoo haha. I like that you can collect wax as well as honey from the bee box with EL too.

And that Strangerville mail!!! UGH! Never ending. I need to see if it gets delivered to their retail lot or not.

Lovely ending to your post too, cute about those hearts holding on to each other <3

@Skeilah
    You've been talking about including a twin for Randi for a while (and Sandi is just an hilariously perfect name for her) so I'mg glad she's finally come into your story, sad that she died though without Randi knowing. Even though she wasn't close to her sister, it's still a sad thing. What a small world though, that Naoki's mom and Bryon's mom's twin knew each other well. Love all these twists you throw into your story. I'm excited to meet Hana's little miracle alien baby too <3
    edited July 2021
    @IllusoryThrall - Jaz is in this episode @sassytxbrat - Mia is in this episode as a teen.

Hi All! I am doing this in shorter versions because it is picture-heavy. The next chapter will (FINALLY) be the actual wedding. Remind me if I ever want to plan a wedding again to just have the sims elope. Have a great day/night everyone! Enjoy!

June 27 - Sakura and Wolfgang's Wedding - Arrival - Part 2

oh-wolfgang-im-nervous.png
    They arrived at the Von Haunt Estate and were immediately greeted by a ghost! Apparently, the Von Haunt Estate was haunted! Oh gosh! But it seems that this ghost, named Lady Mimsy Alcorn Shallot, was expecting them and wanted to wish Sakura and Wolfgang her most ardent congratulations on their marriage. And just like that, she disappeared.

wedding-opartyt-minus-elsa.png

They all laughed a bit nervously, but as long as they were welcome, they headed inside. Wolfgang was feeling rather inspired at having seen his first ghost.

wolfgang-getrs-a-special-moodlet-from-ghosts-from-gloomy-trait.png

Down the road, there was another figure...although it wasn't a ghost. Oh my plumbobs! It was Geoffrey Landgraab! Oh gee! He was probably out collecting for the power and water bill in his birthday suit! Get your clothes on Geoffrey, Sakura and Wolfgang have wedding guests coming! Oh my! I hope none of the guests see him. [edited-thanks to @Ellupelluellu for letting me know that this was not Bjorn Bjergsen! lol]

geoffrey-landgraab-streaking-at-sakuras-wedding.png

Lucas recognized someone from his school, and went over to chat with them. It was Jaz!

Lucas: "Hi Jaz. What are you doing here?"

jaz-at-the-estate.png

Jaz: "I came with my friend, Mia. Her grandmother is helping with the catering, and I am going to help clean up the dishes."

Lucas: "Oh, I wish I could help you, but I have a special job today."

Jaz: "Really? What is it?"

Lucas: "My brother, Wolfgang, is getting married, and I am the Ring Bouncer...no, that's not it...the Ring Defender...oh, I can't remember what it is now...but it is the most important job at a wedding. I guard the wedding ring and then when my brother asks for it, I give it to him and he puts it on Sakura's finger. Yep, without me, they wouldn't be able to get married."

invites-jaz-to-league-of-adventurers.png

Jaz: "Oh, that sounds so cool. Yeah that is a real important job. Well, I gotta go back to the kitchen. It was nice talking to you, Lucas."

Lucas smiled at Jaz, "You, too!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

While everyone else was busy doing some set-up, Wolfgang and Sakura went to the bar area and met a teen named Mia. Her Grandmother was helping with the catering and she and her friend, Jaz, were helping to set the table, clear the plates and keep the punch bowl filled.

Mia: "Are you getting married today? You look so pretty. I've never seen a dress like that before."

Sakura: "Thank you, Mia. Yes, I am getting married. And this..." she pointed to her dress, "...is called a kimona. It's a traditional Japanese wedding dress. It was my mother's wedding dress."

i-just-have-to-help-in-the-kitchen-now.png

Mia: "Is she here today?"

Sakura: "No, she's among the stars now. But there's a photo of her upstairs."

Mia: "Oh, is she the one with the floral dress on? She looks just like you. Well, except she doesn't have blue hair."

Sakura: "Yes, that's her, and the sim beside her is my father. The photo was taken on their wedding day. It is a tradition in my family to honor your relatives who are no longer here. So, by having their photo here, in a way, my parents are still here. My Sofu (Grandfather) is here today, too, as is Wolfgang's father." she said smiling at Wolfgang.

Mia:"It's nice to have some traditions," she turned to Wolfgang, "Is that what you are doing later? My Grandmother said you were going to break something and I needed to be there to clean it up..."

Wolfgang laughed, "Oh that! Yes, it's an Italian tradition to ensure good luck at the wedding. I'm going to break a glass when the reception is over. And the number of shards it breaks into will signify the number of happy years the marriage will enjoy."

SETTING-THE-TABLE-REV-MIA.png

Mia clapped her hands together, "Oh I am going to have to tell Jaz about that tradition. Well, I gotta go and set the table. I hope that glass breaks into a million pieces so you'll be happy forever."

As Mia left, Wolfgang excused himself to use the facilities, and Sakura sat at the bar sipping a root beer float that someone had brought her.

sakura-sat-down-and-enjoyed-a-drink-waiting-for-wolf.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

While Wolfgang was gone, a club seemed to be gathering. It must be that club that Wolfgang belonged to, Knights of the Hedge. They were all dressed up and looked like knights. Wolfgang had told her they played chess and wandered around the maze. No wonder Wolfgang was such a good chess player.

knights-notie.png

And it looks like Lady Mimsy's husband, Lord Bernard Escargot Shallot IV, might be thinking of joining that club.

a-ghostly-bernard.png

One of the knights came towards Sakura.

is-this-sakuras-knight-in-shining-armour-wedding.png

The Knight bowed before her and held out a red rose:
    My lady, forgive me, but I have to say,
    I saw your fair face from far away,
    I brought this rose...a gift you see,
    But it pales in comparison to thee.
    I have but one wish, if you may
    And then I will be on my merry way,
    I beg you grant this knight some cheer,
    To savor the sweetness that he holds most dear.

Sakura took the rose and inhaled its fragrance and smiled at the mysterious knight. She didn't know what to say, and before she knew what was happening, the knight took her in his arms and kissed her on the lips. A very sweet kiss, Pray tell, could this be Sakura's knight in shining armor?

The Knight bowed again, "My lady, parting is such sweet sorrow,"** and then he left.

who-is-the-mystery-guest-that-just-kissed-sakura.png

Sakura touched her lips and her cheeks felt flushed. "That kiss was so familiar...and yet...it was so...so hot! Surely that had to be Wolfgang dressed up as a knight..."

Wolfgang returned and sat down next to her nonchalantly, "Oh, where did you get that rose?" he asked pointing to the rose in her hand.

Sakura: "I...um...this knight came up to me and gave it to me..."

flirting-at-the-bar-wedding.png

Wolfgang: "Oh? You seem a bit flushed...anything else happen that I should know about?"

Sakura: "It was you, right...you gave me this, and..."

Wolfgang: "And what?" he asked innocently.

Sakura: "Kissed me...." she blurted out.

Wolfgang: "A knight came here while I was gone and gave you a rose and then kissed you? Is that what you're saying?"

Sakura: "Yes, but it was you, right?" she asked nervously.

WHISPER-SEDUCTIVELY-WEDDING.png

Wolfgang winked and whispered in her ear, "Did you enjoy that kiss, my lady? For there will be more than kisses that we will share tonight..."

Sakura took an intake of breath and had to fan herself with her hand.

Wolfgang smiled broadly: "I obviously can't leave you alone or some knight might steal you away from me," he said laughing, "But, rest assured, my lady, that I will never let that happen..."

SAKURAS-FACE-FROM-COMMENT-WOLF-MADE-ABUT-KISS-WEDDING.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The wedding had started and the guests were starting to arrive. Because of the size of the facility, there was a limit on who could attend the wedding; however, there were more sims coming for the reception.

The first guest to arrive was Kenzie, their old roommate and now Jeb's girlfriend. Why does she have that look on her face? Did she see Geoffrey at the drive? Oh geez!

kenzie-arrived.png

jeb-is-here.png

And there is Jeb Harris. And look at that...no bag over his head. Maybe he's getting over his shyness. He looks so good in his suit.

sibhan-kado-and-jeb.png

And arriving with Jeb is Siobhan Fyres, Sergio's girlfriend, and Kado Akiyama, Sakura's friend from Mt. Komorebi.

jenna-arrived.png

And then Jenna Akiyama, Kado's wife arrives. She looks so happy to be here. It must remind her of her own wedding.

Luna chats with Jeb outside. There are still a few guests missing. And where are Sergio and Joaquin? They should have arrived by now.

luna-taking-to-jeb.png

and-there-is-sergo-in-the-wrong-outfit.png

And here is Sergio. Oh my gosh! He has the wrong suit on. What is going on? Where is that blue suit he is supposed to wear?

SERGIO-FREAKING-OUT-FROM-SEEING-A-GHOST.png

Sergio heads inside and is about to get a drink when he sees something coming up from the floor! Oh my plumbobs! It's a ghost!

oh-no-sergio-is-scared-and-running-out-the-door.png

And no sooner does Sergio go into the house, then he runs out again screaming incoherently. Of course he grabs his drink before he runs out. Oh this is a fun wedding so far!

ELSA-AND-CANDY.png

And here are Elsa Bjergsen, the flower girl, and Candy Behr, Joaquin's fiancee.

As soon as Lucas saw that Elsa was there, he ran out to greet her.

THESE-TWO-ARE-JUST-THE-CUTEST-LUCAS.png

Lucas: "Elsa! You look...er...different...but nice different. Mom told me we were walking down the aisle together. I'm the Ring Defender"

Elsa: "Yah? Oh, I am too...I have the ring that Sakura is going to give Wolfgang! Sofia keeps telling me not to lose it."

Lucas: "Grown-ups, sheesh! How many times do they think they need to tell a kid to do something?" he says giving an eyeroll.

Elsa laughed: "I know...and I have to throw flower petals down the aisle...do you want to help me do that?"

Lucas: "Oh cool...we can both do Flower Tossing and be Ring Defenders!"

Elsa:"You're the best, Lucas!"

TAKING-A-PHOTO-TOETHER-LUCAS-AND-ELSA.png

And Elsa wanted to take a photo of the two of them together.

in-the-middle-of-everything-they-are-just-looking-at-each-other.png

And in the middle of all the chaos, it looks like Wolfgang and Sakura only have eyes for each other. Smitten...yes...they are smitten with each other.

Since the bartender hasn't shown up yet, Mila fills in temporarily and soon the drinks are flowing and the guests are happier. What type of drink is Mila making that has little pink umbrellas? Is she making everyone a flirty drink? Oh gosh!

mass-chaos-as-usual.png

Luna is pretty much pacing outside now. Everyone has arrived except Joaquin and she has already texted him several times. And finally he makes an entrance.

coming-in-the-right-clothes.png

Joaquin: "Alors (so) Luna, you worry trop (too) much! I would never let ma petite soeur (my little sister) go down that aisle en seul (alone). Je suis là maintenant (I am here now), let the party...er...the wedding begin. Où est Sergio (where is Sergio)?"

Luna shouted that she thought she saw Sergio run out the door a moment ago, But Joaquin didn't seem concerned and headed in the house with Luna.

And as if by magic, as soon as Joaquin arrived, so did the pianist. It was time to head upstairs for the ceremony.

too-sweet-lucas-sitting-beside-sakura-but-is-adoring-elsa.png

Oh gosh! Look at these two. Wolfgang, I think your little brother might have a crush on Elsa, and I think that Elsa has a crush on Lucas. Ahhh...this is so sweet.

UH-OH-LOOK-at-that-look-they-are-giving-each-ther-elsa-and-lucas.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Because they arrived early, a Knights of the Hedge club meeting started (since they meet at the estate), and because Wolfgang is still a member of the club, he automatically changed into a knight's costume. And no matter how often I had him change his outfit, it kept coming up in the knight's outfit. So I went with it, which explained the little interlude between Wolfgang and Sakura.

"Parting is such sweet sorrow," a line from Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespeare. Oh yes, we had to get in some Romeo and Juliet for these two.

That sad poem was written by me. lol

When the actual wedding started, both Sakura and Wolfgang automatically changed into wedding attire that the game assigned them. Wolfgang didn't look too bad, although it looks like an ill-fitted suit, and I think the game even gave him eyeliner (the game must have known it was Wolfgang], but Sakura...um...no! I then changed them into their real wedding clothes.

defaukt-wedding-for-wolf.png

default-wedding-gown-for-sakura-no-way.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

These were the various looks I tried out for Sakura's final wedding look. Then I had to find bridemaid's dresses that matched. That was another challenge. In the actual game kimona choices, there were no white kimonas. And I felt the white dress version of the wedding dress I chose, just made Sakura look pale. I had read up on wedding tuxes and read that the groom's tux could be a bit different than the rest of the wedding party, or even a different color, for him to stand out. So, that is what I did. Gunther and River got the grey tails and Wolfgang got the navy tails.

Bridal Look 1:

bridal-look-2.png

Bridal Look 2:

bridal-look-3.png

Bridal Look 3: This almost got the vote, as the hair that she normally wears went well with the dress. And the red bowtie and cumberbund accent Sakura's dress bodice. However, I decided I wanted her to have an up-do hairstyle and I could not get the hair color match.

bridal-look-1-with-blue-sakura.png

bridal-sakura-and-big-brothers.png

So, then I found a color and style for her hair...and found some suits for her "brothers" Joaquin and Sergio...and knew that this was the best, and changed Wolfgang to the navy blue tails. And I think it looks really good. And Dang! Wolfgang is smokin' hot!

Bridal Look 4: The Winner!

bridal-look-4.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited July 2021
    @SoulGal7 , That streaking man is actually Malcolm's dad, Geoffrey, not Björn :p
    So no reason for Sofia to worry :smiley:

@SoulGal7 , That streaking man is actually Malcolm's dad, Geoffrey, not Björn :p
    So no reason for Sofia to worry :smiley:

@Ellupelluellu - Thanks for "catching" which sim that really was! lol See the edited version below!
    Down the road, there was another figure...although it wasn't a ghost. Oh my plumbobs! It was Geoffrey Landgraab! Oh gee! He was probably out collecting for the power and water bill in his birthday suit! Get your clothes on Geoffrey, Sakura and Wolfgang have wedding guests coming! Oh my! I hope none of the guests see him. [edited-thanks to @Ellupelluellu for letting me know that this was not Bjorn Bjergsen! lol]
    @SoulGal7 , Haha :D Yes it is Malcolm who should be ashamed :D Or Melody, for the acts of her maybe future father in law :D

• sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    edited July 2021
    I am glad Mia is friends with Jaz. <3
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana

@Karababy52 I hope you don't mind I used Sulani for visiting communitylot. I usually use either worlds they have lived or never will live, but honestly I wanted Mona to have fun in the ocean for one time :)

Melody , Mona , and Malcolm.

Day 21 June

Jkg9i0R.png
    OUCH!!!
    Some of you know, that baby stage in my game lasts as long as it takes from me to click on bassinet and told them to age up :) Has nothing to do with babies being objects, I have my reasons :) Just saying so you won't wonder how Mona is a toddler already :)
    X4TnhSZ.png
    QzHcJWc.png
    Day trip to Sulani!
    8tBr4B8.png
    She is a cutie <3
    hFuHN6U.png
    Mia was there too :)
    Mia: "Hey, I heard you had your baby born! I was not in duty at that hour. How did it go? Dr Hunter is great doctor!"
    Malcolm: "It went great, she was a little restless, but I assured her it will be okay!"
    REEAALLYYY????!!!!!???!!!????

n6aLib9.png
    Okay to the water we go! Melody? No.. please..
    GL2ykZ8.png
    Oh.... looks like it.. come on.. risky is 3%!!!
    IYzrNHN.png
    eHKClMe.png
    rV9WKJk.png
    Well, at least Mona has no care in the world..

OyI60nk.png
    Melody needed a drink, regular Ice Tea....
    6dGRbE7.png
    Oh River was swimming in there too!
    pauIrSI.png
    Malcolm: "And up you go!"
    Mona:"Dada!!! Not yet!!!"
    Malcolm: "you get back there, I promise, sweetie!"
    FpDUcQi.png
    Malcolm: "We are going to mommy now, you have your tablet."
    d7nVHdJ.png
    nkG1Xju.png
    Bunny tablet and silly videos did the trick! :)

vsW8bEB.png
    What else can a lil girl hope for?? But huge strawberries at hot summer day <3

QTR8peA.png
    Malcolm had to fill the promise he gave Mona <3

23szjmO.png
    vjzp6hA.png
    It was Melody who acted strange.

sd1jypS.png
    ans55h7.png
    Okay.. good.. for now.

UHvRjko.png
    Oh and then came Maximus who was Malcolm's fan!
    f9tLRWq.png
    Mona:"Dada, that silly man sleeps in water.."

QjYogyz.png
    Melody: "See, that silly man is just a fan of your dad, pumpkin."
    Mona::"Silly silly"
    2dBNQ2Q.png
    Malcolm: "Hey that is great cowplant!"
    kLmjqzi.png
    YAY! Mini holiday over, back to regular stuff.

ALMOST..
    LHua7QP.jpg

@SoulGal7
    So nice of Luna and Yuki to do Sakura's hair and make-up for the wedding. Oh man, Sakura looks so beautiful and Wolfgang so handsome! Great job styling them for the wedding! :) Benny! Hi! I remember you! Oh I love seeing him, it's been so long since the last time I did. What a treat! So glad he is their photographer. :)

Oh man, I totally get what you're saying about big weddings. I've never thrown one in-game before and frankly I'm not looking forward to it at all! It's exciting to think about, but the reality seems like a lot of work. o.O The moment I said Josh and Essa would get married in the Realm I started to regret it. :D Maybe I should just have them elope. :D

Hey Mimsy! Love that ghost! The wedding party all look so elegant and beautiful! Great choice for attendants wardrobes. So cute Lucas can't remember the name of his role in the wedding, 'ring bouncer.' Too cute! Love this little guy! :) Love that Italian tradition. I think there's a Jewish tradition too involving breaking a glass if I'm not mistaken. Oh man, I loved that Sakura had an encounter with a knight in shining armor! How very romantic is Wolfgang eh? *dreamy sigh* <3 HAHA! Poor Sergio! I would've been freaked out too seeing a ghost rise from the floor like that! Aww, how cute was that exchange between Lucas and Elsa. Maybe they'll grow up to fall in love and get married themselves one day. :)

You wrote that poem!? It wasn't sad at all, it was fabulous! Wow, I knew you are a great writer, but I'm floored with that. Very cool! All those looks were nice, but I love the one you finally settle on, they look perfect!

@permanentrose
    Their personal makeovers and the house/shop renovations look fabulous! Great job with that! :)

Yeah it was hard getting rid of Essa's, but it had to be done. It was just too productive. :D It's not like it's completely gone though, they'll have the money maker plants again at some point. :) Yes, the baby can live there, no worries. I saw in a James Turner let's play that babies won't age up on their own though on a retail lot. But I think you can do it yourself. However, you might have to take the baby to the home lot to do that, not sure. Just a heads-up with that.

Ah, good to know about selling books. I had no idea you needed a special shelf to do it, never tried to sell books. The baby(ies) will age up after 3 days which is the length for a normal life span. The reason being, I like to use those days for the parents to become friends with the baby(ies) and it also increases their parenting skills by interacting with the baby(ies). There is a lot to do in EL and with this pack in general and I'm excited for it! I hope you get it one day. :)

You think Essa's bump is small? Really? I thought it was huge. :D I think maybe it was just the angle of the screenshot when she was talking on the cell that made it look smaller. You can see in later screenshots she's not small at all. ;) This baby(ies) will be it for them (unless Josh gets abducted). I don't like to have large families in the Sims, stresses me out. o.O

I love that our Sims can make soooo many things for themselves, it's fun! They actually don't need a toilet, both have the steel bladder reward trait, but a house should still have one for visitors and their child(ren) will need it. ;) I have everything turned on that's associated with EL, yes. :) You're right, they will NEVER woo hoo in a dumpster. As Molly would say, No way Jose! ;) I think the reused parts of coffin woo hoo for dumpsters, definitely!

@Skeilah
    Did Benji just walk inside their house without an invitation? o.O Why do Sims do that? So glad Essa/Josh keep their doors locked so that doesn't happen. They were a bit rough on him, but hey, if he did just walk in uninvited it's his own fault. ;) Love how Naoki tickled Bryon just to hear him laugh. Awww, they are such a cute couple. :)

Whoa, okay that was certainly and eventful visit! o.O It really is a small world eh? So sad that Randi's twin died though and she didn't have a clue about it, or her niece. Hmm, maybe they'll find her some day. I guess we shall find out! :) Gah! Naoki didn't tell Bryon about Hana? Well I guess he'll find out now. Poor girl. :(

@Ellupelluellu
    You're welcome, I enjoy commenting on your updates! I love them. I'm a bit confused why we needed to see Melody and Malcom woo hooing though? Not that I don't like to see those kind of screenshots, I do! Makes me smile to see our Sims enjoying themselves. :)

Thank you! I agree about Essa, I love her natural look. In my opinion, she's a natural beauty. Even if I did make her myself. :)

hehe Essa and Josh too were both very flirty just from being around each other. I thought the screenshot was funny, like she was checking out his butt or something and got all hot and bothered. She's overly amorous as it is right now, so it made sense. LOL!

Essa had to interview Sims about their utilities, so I had her go talk to the first Sim I saw. Couldn't believe it when he got angry! The pop-up said something about how he wasn't impressed with her interview skills and didn't appreciate being asked such a personal question. o.O He's actually the replacement for Bess since most premades are gone in this save. You can bet she won't be investing in his little business when he calls. hehe

Oh hey, no worries about using Sulani so Mona could enjoy the sea, I totally understand! ;) Mona is SOOO cute, and beautiful! She is just absolutely adorable! I think pink suits her too. Gasp! Oh Wow, another baby? That's incredible since it was set to only 3% of a chance. o.O Hi River! Aww, typical child, they never want to get out of the water. hehe Strawberries! Yum! Most kids love those, at least in my experience. ;)

LOL! Oh Maximus! It's a good thing Sims can't drown by doing that. I once had two of my Sims decide to cloudgaze like that, underwater. It was funny seeing just their arms come out of the water to point at the clouds. :D Awww, Pumpkin! Just like Melody's Dad calls her. :) OMG!! Twins!! Oh boy...and girl! ;) Um, congratulations? Yeah, I think congratulations are in order, even if it was unexpected. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top