Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FireflyGamer107 / coolsim9999999 --- Monthly Building Challenge

Comments

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    My livestream will be on Friday from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. EDT.
    4kkjdXo.png

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Thank you coolsim9999999 , it was lovely to watch, enjoyed it , yup, :)
    Thank you very much @BlueBlack007 B)<3!!! I'm glad you had fun watching it <3!

I was just writing about when this month's stream would be. There was a heatwave here, so, I had to postpone until this Friday.
    4kkjdXo.png

edited July 2021
    The June challenge is closed for Maxis fave nomination.
    Thank you so much for making such wonderful rooms for the jungle vacation house! B)<3
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

edited July 2021
    I'll nominate everyone for a Maxis fave today or tomorrow.
    4kkjdXo.png

edited July 2021
    I just nominated everyone for a Maxis fave for the June challenge! :)
    4kkjdXo.png

edited July 2021
    July room challenge:
    Construct a room for a house with 2 parents and their 1 child. All 3 Sims have 2 different interests and different color preferences.
    Hashtag: #fireflycolors

Brief:
    Lily, the mom likes white and gray, fishing and gardening, the dad Luke likes cooking/grilling and handiness, as well as the colors brown and black. Linda, the child, a five-year-old girl, loves frogs and bunnies and is tired of being cooped up in an apartment so the family has worked and saved to buy a rural property where the child can run and play outside, catch frogs and maybe befriend a bunny. The child loves all the colors of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and pink, as well as different shades of colors, such as turquoise --- although orange and yellow are Linda's two favorite colors of all, but she does like all bright colors.

However, the parents don’t mind some splashes of colors that the child likes throughout the house.

@JojoMOMSTER and I wrote different parts on this month’s brief because a colors and interests challenge was her idea.

Any décor style

Base game ONLY just for this month!!!

Note about how to disable packs:

“Do you have the load sequence to load your game as base game only? I find this helpful when I need to not use packs.”

Staring here, the source: is jamesturner.yt to give credit for the loading option
    Open Origin and head to My Game Library
    Right click on The Sims 4 and select Game Properties
    Select Advanced launch options
    Enter the text in the box below in Command line arguments

-disablepacks:EP01,EP02,EP03,EP04,EP05,EP06,EP07,EP08,EP09,EP10,EP11,GP01,GP02,GP03,GP04,GP05,GP06,GP07,GP08,GP09,GP10,SP01,SP02,SP03,SP04,SP05,SP06,SP07,SP08,SP09,SP10,SP11,SP12,SP13,SP14,SP15,SP16,SP17,SP18,SP20,SP21,SP22,SP23

Remember to includes the dash before the words
    disablepacks
    so it's -disablepacks

Alternatively, I just check off basegame in the filters in build mode.

Please note: You’re also going to want to check off colors.

Info:
    From a house shell (please use the hashtag for that month which someone will make each month, please choose a room to create from that house shell. Feel free to add landscape and put activities in the yard of the house shell. For the house shell --- any size lot is fine. I was thinking of using a larger lot like a 50X50 lot. Make sure to give yourself credit for creating the house shell with a hashtag. The main areas of the house and outside landscaping/anything outside that isn’t a room could be a collab and will also be in the stream. This month, @JojoMOMSTER volunteered again to create the shell, but anyone in this challenge may add to the main areas.
    Then, everyone, please upload your rooms to the gallery with the
    hashtag: #fireflycolors
    Room types:
    Kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living room, dining room, study, kids room, outdoor room --- or other type of room --- as long as we get each of the rooms above in the build. Of course, we may not always need a kids’ room. Also, I'll let you know how many of each room we need for the challenge.
    Please tell me which room you want to do as soon as possible.
    I will keep track of which room types are left.
    The hashtag for the whole challenge this month: #fireflycolors, so please use that hashtag too so I can find everything.

On stream, I’ll tour the house.
    However, I’ll nominate each room in the challenge for a Maxis fave. I’ll also be able to tell who did which room in the finished house.

I'll post it in announcements on discord, on my Twitter and here on the TS4 forum!

Deadline: Sunday, July 25 by 11:59 a.m. EDT, 2021 by 11:59 p.m. EDT
    Tours on my Twitch stream: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. EDT
    Any budget, lot type
    No Custom Content (no cc) allowed.
    You may use cheats to build or for your Sims to play test your build more efficiently.

In addition, please post your rooms to the gallery using the hashtag. That way, I can easily nominate everyone for a Maxis fave!

Entry Form:
    Forum ID:
    Origin ID:
    Gallery Name of Room:
    Gallery Link:
    Building tip feedback wanted?
    Creative notes about your room:
    Back Story:
    Please Include:
    one screenshot showing most of the room
    A bird’s eye view of the room
    3 to 5 additional screenshots of your room

I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone’s rooms :)!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited July 2021
    For our July build we will be doing a country cottage for the family. Please let us know which room you would like to decorate.

Firefly Colors Shell

B6tjd4b.png
    otiNa4B.png
    nO8MZRk.png
    5SpXDGm.png
    LsmzHri.png
    hawDgAf.png
    mcQsePp.png
    3QtFUQj.png
    ynfR6nb.png

1. living room/entryway c/w front closet
    2. dining room c/w hall closet @Peacefulzone
    3. master bedroom @JojoMOMSTER
    4. en-suite @JojoMOMSTER
    5. closet @JojoMOMSTER
    6. kitchen/back entry c/w closet @Peacefulzone
    7. outdoor kitchen @leashahampton
    8. pantry or storage room @coolsim9999999
    9. Miss Linda's room c/w closet @coolsim9999999
    10. Bathroom @coolsim9999999
    11. Interest room c/w closet (use one or more of the family members interests to decorate this room) @JojoMOMSTER
    12. best playroom ever c/w stairwell @coolsim9999999
    13. barn, could be a workshop, recreation space or something else, maybe even a rabbit room
    14. barnyard
    15. garden @coolsim9999999
    16. greenhouse (let me know what you want for the exterior, it does not need to be a green house) @coolsim9999999
    17. playspace @coolsim9999999

Please upload your rooms using the hashtag #fireflycolors.
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Your shell for the collab is very great! @JojoMOMSTER :) You have designed each area so very well! I am looking forward to seeing everyone’s furnished rooms/areas!
  • leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    @coolsim9999999 great stream today, I got to see some of it! :) looking forward to entering a room for the next challenge!
    rzsH227.png
    Beautiful house @JojoMOMSTER <3B)! I love all the little details! Thanks so much for doing another great shell!

Thanks a lot @leashahampton B)! I'm glad you could see part of my stream last night! It will be awesome to see the room (s) you enter for this challenge <3!
    4kkjdXo.png

Could I please do #12 best playroom ever @JojoMOMSTER?
    4kkjdXo.png

@rosemow thank you for being so kind and supportive of these colab builds!

Thanks @coolsim9999999, I spent some time on last minute edits based on accommodating the likes, I have tagged you for room 12. and the stairwell.

@leashahampton i love the detail in your rooms, please let us know which room you would like. Maybe a kitchen and dining?
    edited July 2021
    Thank you very much for tagging me for room 12, including the stairs and for making the edits @JojoMOMSTER B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

By the way, the bug about telling you that packs were used that were not is still active, I think. I didn't use any packs, except for the holiday pack, and it told me I used Get to Work!!!
    4kkjdXo.png

• leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    @jojoMOMSTER Can I do the outdoor kitchen space :) number 7, I think
    rzsH227.png
    Hi @leashahampton, yes please!
    Not surprised @coolsim9999999 my game was whining that it couldn't do anything without 64 packs but it works just fine with base game only.
    Thank you so much for asking to do the outdoor kitchen @leashahampton B)! I can't wait to see it :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited July 2021
    Here's my playroom and stairwell WIP :)!
    zXtRFGX.png
    AzjvKlq.png
    dgx1sUO.png
    4kkjdXo.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Your playroom WIP is so very sweet! @coolsim9999999 :) The variety of colours is very lovely! The colourful bunnies, girafffe, heart teddies on the piano are very cute! The tea party table is very nice! Lovely colourful wall cabinets! The patterned flooring and the wall mural are very nice! Kids will enjoy playing chess, doing artwork on the activities table and playing with the dollhouse. They will like using the science lab. Very nice bookcase corner nook.
    Thank you so much @rosemow B)<3! I'm so happy you like it and all the details :):)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Oh my goodness, I want to come to the tea party too! You have no lack of fun in your playroom even without paks.
  • liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    Thank you @rosemow , @coolsim9999999 and @JojoMOMSTER for the lovely wishes for my new home.
    Getting the keys in 2 days, my hubby will get things ready in our new place the next two weeks, while I stay in our current place so our son can finish his school year here and I can finish packing and cleaning.

I will watch the stream as soon as I can. <3
    gZJwNIt.jpg
    Hi @liel88, exciting!!! Glad you are well and progressing with your move.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top