Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has the Forum been abandoned by Maxis?

13...Next

Comments

• irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    SimGuruMrE wrote: »
    Forums are observed daily by most SimGurus...we like to observe discussions and will get involved when needed to answer questions and offer help.

These forums and twitter are both of equal use to us.

We post updates on the forum for things like the laundry list, patch notes, and general updates.

I'm not opposed to posting more here, dev diaries are always fun to make just usually hard to guage if there is interest in reading them.

Constructive discussions can really help us when people are able to feel safe in their discussions the feedback is always appreciated.

This discussion took off in a way I had not quite expected, but I do appreciate you letting us know that the forums are at least observed. I was feeling quite abandoned out here with so few updates on the forum and was not sure if I had missed an announcement about it.

I like to visit the forum every day to get the latest updates, but as I noted, lately that has not been happening. The twitter postings can get unmanageable when you do not have a lot of time, and again, not everyone uses twitter or facebook. While I can appreciate that it may be easier for SimGurus to post on twitter, it is much easier to navigate the content on the forum, especially when we are looking for something very specific.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    You can also check here for TS4 news. Not sure how timely it is since the recent Sims Session announcement hasn't been posted.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news
  • shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    You can also check here for TS4 news. Not sure how timely it is since the recent Sims Session announcement hasn't been posted.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news

these 'news' are not so new huh?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    The upshot is that if you want to be "heard" you'll have to post in the Feedback and Ideas threads and not on the General Forum discussion pages.
  • EA_ArcadiaEA_Arcadia Posts: 14 EA Community Manager
    Hi there everyone *Waves*

We can totally understand that you may feel like this forum is the middle child as it hasn't received much attention in the last little bit. There is definitely room for improvement on our end, and the ball has been slightly dropped since EA_Leeloo moved onto new projects outside EA (don't worry, we still think she's amazing).

The good news is, we should have a new lead for our Sims forums communities real soon! We're making sure we carefully choose her successor, and ensure you all receive a enthusiastic and committed new face for the forums. While we currently missing a captain for the ship, we can promise you that our moderation team is still lurking in the shadows and keeping the community safe and clean.

Keep an eye out in the next few weeks as they'll be sure to introduce themselves and be interacting with you all super soon. In the interim, if something is urgent, please don't hesitate to tag me or EA_Lanna and we'll do our best to help!

For those who I haven't ran into yet, Hi, I'm Arcadia, I am the manager of EA's Community Connections program, which manages our various forum volunteers both here and over on Answers HQ. I've casually played Sims 3/4 over the years, and have a knack for setting Sims on fire within the first few days of their existence - I SWEAR, its not on purpose.

Thank you for all being civil and constructive in this thread, we'll work to do better going forward!

Arcadia.
    EA_Arcadia wrote: »
    Hi there everyone *Waves*

The good news is, we should have a new lead for our Sims forums communities real soon! We're making sure we carefully choose her successor, and ensure you all receive a enthusiastic and committed new face for the forums. While we currently missing a captain for the ship, we can promise you that our moderation team is still lurking in the shadows and keeping the community safe and clean.

cool. now we only need someone that will lead this game franchise up to the skies again.
    Simburian wrote: »
    The upshot is that if you want to be "heard" you'll have to post in the Feedback and Ideas threads and not on the General Forum discussion pages.

thats not the point of this thread. we miss the gurus interacting with us on this forum, and they all have left for twitter,