Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Y’all, the patch didn’t fix ANY of the DHD bugs smh!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    yeah I'm bit disappointed p_p

but then again there is packs that are still having worse bugs after years so p_p not very surprised
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited June 2021
    shorty943p wrote: »
    Removed more Cas columns, don't use UI cheats extension, never heard of colour sliders by pancake 1. Still CAS is dead.

Did you deleted the localtumbcache (sims4 folder) because that cache file still stores some mod infos even when not in the game anymore and it's save to deleting it.

Otherwise move your whole sims 4 folder to the desktop (the game will create a new one), repair your game via origin ( can take some time), then start it vanilla after the repair, and move your mods one by one back in to see which one is creating the issue. If you're having founded it than removing it and deleted the localtumbcache again.
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I have low expectations, but I was still surprised that they didn't address any of the DHD bugs. I intended to get that pack and finally update, but I'm still sitting here without bunkbeds in my game... Why has the quality been so poor this year?

How? Have you not updated since the March 23rd patch that introduced bunk beds to the base game?
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    shorty943p wrote: »
    Removed more Cas columns, don't use UI cheats extension, never heard of colour sliders by pancake 1. Still CAS is dead.

Any more bright ideas?
    And yes I realise the bleeding obvious, but when all else has been eliminated the only thing left is "IT IS BAD CODE" in this latest update!

This last section of the UI Last Exception file says it IS bad EA code to me.

<report><version>2</version><sessionid>79648d2dff93262d60dc6887</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-06-30 12:59:23</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.76.81.1020-1.300.000.128.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.CAS.controls::CASSimSelectorCellView</categoryid><desyncid>79648d2dff93262d60dc6887</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1006: AnyExpeditedSimState is not a function. at widgets.CAS.controls::CASSimSelectorCellView/UpdateTooltips() at olympus.views::CellView/Draw() at olympus.layout::GridLayout/OnFeedAdd() at olympus.data::ArrayDataFeed/AddItemsFromIterable() at olympus.data::ArrayDataFeed/AddItemsFromIterable() at widgets.CAS.SimSelector::CASSimSelectorMain/HandleRefreshSimIcons() at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/CallGameService() at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Initialize() at olympus.core::LayoutManager/LoadWidgetCompleteHandler() rtim=54301 ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>79648d2dff93262d60dc6887</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-06-30 12:59:23</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.76.81.1020-1.300.000.128.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.CAS.SimSelector::CASSimSelectorMain</categoryid><desyncid>79648d2dff93262d60dc6887</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1006: AnyExpeditedSimState is not a function. at widgets.CAS.SimSelector::CASSimSelectorMain/UpdateAddSimButton() at widgets.CAS.SimSelector::CASSimSelectorMain/HandleRefreshSimIcons() at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/CallGameService() at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Initialize() at olympus.core::LayoutManager/LoadWidgetCompleteHandler() rtim=54301 ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>79648d2dff93262d60dc6887</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-06-30 12:59:24</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.76.81.1020-1.300.000.128.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.CAS.SimSelector::CASSimSelectorMain</categoryid><desyncid>79648d2dff93262d60dc6887</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1006: AnyExpeditedSimState is not a function. at widgets.CAS.SimSelector::CASSimSelectorMain/UpdateAddSimButton() at widgets.CAS.SimSelector::CASSimSelectorMain/OnHideGeneticsPanel() at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage() at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Initialize() at olympus.core::LayoutManager/LoadWidgetCompleteHandler() rtim=54334 ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
    </root>

Have fun all, I give up and am going to virtual reality to do a gig.
    Yes I work as a guitarist and singer in a real simulator mostly.

Did you try removing your mods folder and repairing your game? Sometimes mods corrupt game files and the issue doesn't show up until a patch is released. Also, you should really stop being so snarky and rude about it. If you want to only complain and don't really want help, this isn't the place to post it.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Are the different toned couches not fixed as well?
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited June 2021
    haneul wrote: »
    I have low expectations, but I was still surprised that they didn't address any of the DHD bugs. I intended to get that pack and finally update, but I'm still sitting here without bunkbeds in my game... Why has the quality been so poor this year?

How? Have you not updated since the March 23rd patch that introduced bunk beds to the base game?

Exactly. Because I don't want to introduce additional bugs into my game and also because I'm lazy - I don't want to spend an hour fixing things that they broke (and said they intended to fix/revert but still haven't). I was waiting for a stable patch or for DHD to be in a decent state so that I'd get it, but I'm in no rush to play glitchy gigs or to redo CC.
    logion wrote: »
    Problems with communication maybe, they have a large QA department in Hyderabad, India according to their credits. And India is not doing well right now.
    That could be it. A lot of places are still reeling because of the pandemic. :(
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »

It probably is intended for the July patch, if a fix is ready by then. Bug fixes take the time they take.

@Sindocat Sure bug fixes take time. But there was not a single bug fixed, I understand that some major ones need longer to fix but what about the minor ones?
    And since we're on it when will they fix the bugs from all the other packs?

Ofc "EA needs time" it's not like other game companies aren't fixing the most popular bugs in matter of a week or two. But let's give EA two months.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    They also did not fix the missing teeth on Sims that appear in the hairstyle section of CAS. In fact, it's even worse. It is kind of funny, though since at first I thought one of the sims with a braided hairstyle in CAS was just trying to imitate some rapper with plated teeth, lol.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What in the world?!

Why am I still seeing gigs for additions when Sims live in apartments?! A Guru addressed the bug on Twitter and we had a patch today, so I expected it to be fixed!

Come on, son. I’m rooting for y’all 🙏

Now you've got me freaked out because my sims are expecting and prior to the patch the babies in my game all had dark skin in their icons, even though their parents weren't dark-skinned. Some people, myself included, didn't get that fix in the previous patch before yesterday's patch.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I just uninstalled my game because it was bad. All my occults unless it's a household in my library I'm adding to the game or premades occults, have messed up faces and I have to give them all faces so that it looks somewhat normal. I thought it must be the mods so I removed my mods folder and cache. That didn't work. My game kept crashing and it wasn't because of yet another summer brown or blackout. There were so many bugs and problems I don't knowwhere to even start. Now I'm reinstalling my game hoping that will work with some of the problems. It'll take some time. The world never ended because somebody had to wait. I was getting a ton of last exceptions that were Maxis and not mod related. It all started with the last update.

Sometimes the only option is uninstalling and reinstalling the game to fix the game since running a repair didn't work at all.

I feel sorry and bad for the gurus. It's not their fault yet they seem to get the brunt of our complaints about problems in the game.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]