Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Merging .package files on 2020 Macbook Pro

Hi! I am using my 2020 M1 MBP to play the Sims 3 on; I am familiar with merging cc with Sims games on Windows format using tools like S3PE and Delphy's Dashboard but I can't seem to get the utilities to work on mac. I attempted to follow guides with using Mono or Wine-formulated applications of these but they won't work. I am not worried about having to convert sims3pack cc to .package files because I can live without the few cc that aren't already converted, but I want to at least merge it for performance and organization!

1. Is there any newer guides out there or easier?
2. I was also wondering if Sims4Studio can merge sims 3 package files together using their tool or if is it limited to Sims 4 .package files?
Origin: Floridasimmer

giphy.gif

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2021
    Do you still have access to a system running Windows? As far as I know, no one has been able to come up with a way to make these tools work on more recent macOS releases beyond Yosemite or something way back there. The path of less resistance, and possibly sanity, might be to bring your CC to a Windows environment and run S3PE and Dashboard plus whatever other tools you may need from there, then bring the results back again.

I used to do this with Save Cleaner back in my pre-Bootcamp TS3 for Mac days and it was awkward to deploy, but it worked.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • FloridaSimmerFloridaSimmer Posts: 358 Member
    @igazor I thought about that too! I suppose it is the only way to work around this for now. Thanks so much :)
    Origin: Floridasimmer

giphy.gif