Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Update on the shop progress and I'm out of here for a while.

I checked the sales income and it is being added to the household funds as things sell.

The sales are being credited to all three registers but different amount are going to each register. I have Open For Business Register, Bakery Register and Savvy Seller Register in play as the final two have sales clerks and that makes it look like someone is actually tending the store.

This is an example of the activity in the store when it's open.
    Shop-Full-Of-Customers.jpg

I altered the contents of the build that I'm using a few ways. There was a Food Synthesiser in it (from Into the Future).
    Screenshot-12.jpg

If on a community lot it spawns a waiter but not on a residential lot. As a consequence, occasionally a customer would help themselves to food from it. I don't think that counted as a sale. So I replaced it with a custom content collectors shelf. (the version of this lot that's on the Exchange has no 3rd party custom content in it)

Screenshot-14.jpg

I added a second collectors shelf for the jams in another part of the shop so I could free up the bakery shelves for bakery items.

The jams and preserves didn't seem to be selling so I thought I'd watch to be sure before I replaced the collectors shelves with regular shelves. Then I noticed Sims were buying jams and preserves but the store managers were restocking them autonomously.

All seems good at the moment. I've had a few of them in the garden and using the things they harvested to make more jams and preserves.

I think I'll add what I've recorded to the video and edit it and then move on to the community lot version of the bakery. See how that plays out.

But I'm going out for a while now so will probably get back to it tomorrow.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely nothing... because I'm baking.
    Not food...

ted-striker-sweating-airplane.jpg
    I'm "baking"... 40C/114F.

If I try to run the sims, my computer will tell me where to go and how to get there.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm taking a semi-permanent break from 3 until I can get a new graphics card. According to the crash log analyzer, that's why my game's been crashing on me. I need to update my graphic's card, but I can't afford it.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited June 2021
    Thanks so much @Karritz

look at all those sims milling around fab :) It looks like it is really going well and I am really looking forward to trying out this mod with a bakery when testing of a new world is finished as for some reason i love bakeries in S3 <3 Look forward to more when you are able :)

I think maybe when you are finished with this it should be reposted on the mod thread so other players can benefit?
    Karritz wrote: »
    Update on the shop progress and I'm out of here for a while.

I checked the sales income and it is being added to the household funds as things sell.

The sales are being credited to all three registers but different amount are going to each register. I have Open For Business Register, Bakery Register and Savvy Seller Register in play as the final two have sales clerks and that makes it look like someone is actually tending the store.

This is an example of the activity in the store when it's open.
    Shop-Full-Of-Customers.jpg

I altered the contents of the build that I'm using a few ways. There was a Food Synthesiser in it (from Into the Future).
    Screenshot-12.jpg

If on a community lot it spawns a waiter but not on a residential lot. As a consequence, occasionally a customer would help themselves to food from it. I don't think that counted as a sale. So I replaced it with a custom content collectors shelf. (the version of this lot that's on the Exchange has no 3rd party custom content in it)

Screenshot-14.jpg

I added a second collectors shelf for the jams in another part of the shop so I could free up the bakery shelves for bakery items.

The jams and preserves didn't seem to be selling so I thought I'd watch to be sure before I replaced the collectors shelves with regular shelves. Then I noticed Sims were buying jams and preserves but the store managers were restocking them autonomously.

All seems good at the moment. I've had a few of them in the garden and using the things they harvested to make more jams and preserves.

I think I'll add what I've recorded to the video and edit it and then move on to the community lot version of the bakery. See how that plays out.

But I'm going out for a while now so will probably get back to it tomorrow.

Happy Simming

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    My sim went to the club with all of his friends

Screenshot-68.jpg
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I'm taking a semi-permanent break from 3 until I can get a new graphics card. According to the crash log analyzer, that's why my game's been crashing on me. I need to update my graphic's card, but I can't afford it.

@HillyBeth I remember a few years ago my graphics card suddenly went, but I found that I could remove the graphics card and I was able to play The Sims without it. The CPU can provide basic function. It may be a good idea to play on lower graphics settings. You may need to plug your monitor into a non-graphics card port.
  • Options
    I was playing on one of my not very serious games (not at all related to anything else I have been posting), where this dude was holding a costume party....and shortly after the guests had arrived while he was preparing some drinks, this thing dropped from the sky...

The area where it landed had a jacuzzi and a buffet table, as well as a couple of public outdoor speakers for music so the sims could have something to dance to. That meteor took it all out!

It was a bit ominous, I saw the shadow of the meteor growing right above the "party area" where everone started to gather and I was thinking this is going to kill someone... but luckily nobody died!

And then things caught fire...

Meteor literally crashed his entire party! Surely, the sims in town will be talking about this one for years to come, just for all the wrong reasons...!

And afterwards, this poor guy just stood there for the duration of the night, contemplating the meaning of life, or something... totally shell shocked, I suppose..

Anyone else ever had a meteor strike happen like that before? I didn't know this was a thing...

Yes. I remember my first time. The game gives a vague warning about the sky becoming dark and I have seen some odd things from the game so I thought 'whatever'. I didn't understand the danger, so I failed to move my sim in time and he got hit. I quit without saving and went back. It is a pain in the butt because a few people from the neighborhood stand right next to the incoming meteor and won't move. Those things cause nasty fires also.
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited June 2021
    @bekkasan Thanks for the comment. I am happy you liked the music!

@lisasc360 Your Karen character looks pretty, and wow what bad "friends" she had from her old hometown (from your story thread). Good thing she could get a new look and start a new life somewhere else.

@Karritz The shop looks awesome, and your bakeries did too.

I especially like how your sims make home made jam and it actually sells and is restocked automatically.

@Onverser Ouch. Haha!

@Anthonydyer Yeah, I wasn't really sure what was going on either, and when I tried to have the sim go anywhere else, he wouldn't 'listen'. I guess it's a miracle nobody died here..

th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    @lisasc360 Your Karen character looks pretty, and wow what bad "friends" she had from her old hometown (from your story thread). Good thing she could get a new look and start a new life somewhere else.
    Thank you. @CravenLestat created her as a challenge for us to redo her looks. She's over in Craven's studio over on the old Sims 3 site... :)
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    Chapter 11.4 - July Holiday - Day 7
    At the breakfast table party animal Gaute gets an idea.
    pK0dpHc.jpg
    Gaute: As this is our last day here, I think we should go to the beach and throw a massive beach party! We can invite everyone in town and have a blast!

FJZLhmU.jpg
    Leya: I suppose you will be sending out the invitations then...

9S3J7MY.jpg
    Gaute: Oh, no problem.. I'll just head to the park and talk to a few people and let the grapevine do the rest..!

iGvkMdY.jpg
    Leya: I'm not all convinced... I was thinking we should instead visit my parents one last time..

Gaute: Don't be so boring, Leya.. we'll of course invite them too! And all of your siblings and even Dudleif! Everyone in town will be invited! It's going to be the party of the century!
    Leya: Well if you are that optimistic about it..

Zd510cF.jpg
    And so Gaute went to the park doing his thing and gazing at the ladies.. Leya phoned up her parents and told them about Gautes idea (as well as talking enthustiastically about painting of course) and they agreed to meet up later. (The guy in the background is just a random hotel guest. He could have been a plant for all I care.)

MVITs5d.jpg
    And then she took Bodil to the art gallery... Leya was super happy about going there. Bodil? Not so much...

zaP2Cve.jpg
    Gaute in the park has sniffed out fellow party animal Kjersti Jordal, and informs her about his idea. She thinks its pretty wild, and promises to spread the word to the towns people.

Later in the day after lots of talking and handshaking...
    KBtHvJX.jpg
    Wow! It looks like Gautes' plan is working! A lot of people have showed up already!

kHHQLEp.jpg
    Of course, Gautes' first idea there is to go for a swim..

7VK7EzV.jpg
    A food stand clerk heard rumors about the party about to happen and thought he would seize the opportunity and set up shop there. Also, the town council was kind enough to place some festival toilets and trash cans. After all, they didn't want the beach party goers to *ahem* make a mess out of the lot... „Keep Bewickton clean and tidy!“ is one of their many mottos.
    Kc8gzzW.jpg
    Laranya is impressed at what she is seeing. „Wow, that boy Gaute really is one of a kind, isn't he?“

9wvrvwV.jpg
    „Wooow, look at all those people on the beach! Did Gaute really put all this together?“ Bodil is also impressed.

pzLKtTc.jpg
    I don't know who you guys are, but yeaah, let's get this party started! Deepak is seen talking to Palash right behind and to the left of this dancing couple. Udisha is also there with the pink flower on her hair.

PHD9bOu.jpg
    And there are paparazzis of course. I'm guessing this overly sunburnt dude there is a celebrity of some kind.

KJQLNds.jpg
    This is almost the entire Østreng family, from left to right: Emilie, Christina, Tron, Simone (being carried) and Kjellaug. Christina (being really excited in the cheerleading outfit..) was Nityas date for her prom night. This is the family that lives in the most weather exposed home in all of Bewickton at Outwash Point.
    51193090011_ed9a649afa_b.jpg
    The Østreng familys home at Outwash Point. I wouldn't want to live here when the winter storms set in!

wV3ar2j.jpg
    Grandmother Laranya has some gossip to share with Bodil. Maybe its something about Dudleif... Leya is also going for a swim.

lIw5fLd.jpg
    Leya and Gaute out swimming, and the store clerk way in the back there got his first customer. Lets hope business is good.

b8nwFvC.jpg
    This makes me think that Gaute is trying to replicate that one scene from the sims intro, to see if it is virtually doable to make something like that... and the couple by the stereo just pulled out some grey board or something to dance on. „We can't get sand in our shoes“ they say....

oj5tL6K.jpg
    Palash is dancing with Chase Bayless. Finally I see the dude do something and enjoying himself instead of just being weird. :P

YrOBJEm.jpg
    Kajsa Tangstad from the band „The Bushweeds“ is also there getting her groove on. Where are the rest of your band members? :) Wouldn't they also love a party?

iMVqA5l.jpg
    I find two of them outside the old Railway Station pub along with their friend Isabell Kolstø. They were in the middle of a discussion on where to spend this night out when Gerda eventually convinced them to head for the beach party. How often does a tourist come along and arrange a massive beach party in Bewickton? As far as any of them knew, practically never! So of course, this was an event they couldn't miss out on.

InDyuKi.jpg
    Some people, perhaps because they are a little shy and reserved, decided to go for a swim on the opposite end of all the spectacle. And the woman thinking about kisses is Kjersti Jordal, our party animal and teacher from earlier. I don't think you're going to find anyone to kiss for the night standing there.. you're gonna have to join the party! ;)

YuQaQtL.jpg
    Bodil playing in the sand.

Lb4jqoF.jpg
    „Yeaaaah, let's partyyy!“ Shouts Gerda. The other two aren't all that excited yet. Merete is perhaps hoping to find love.

Eventually the family gets hungry and buys food from the food stand clerk.
    5fgz8c2.jpg

Leya: We really won this night, didn't we?
    TUZeIaY.jpg
    Bodil: I don't know.. when I get back to the hotel, I'm going to brush my teeth.
    Mmmkay...

0yBLFG0.jpg
    Gaute: Oh, it's so great to spend time outdoors together, don't you think?
    „I like the theatre better“ says Leya.

b75T60Z.jpg
    Leya: Haha, I'm just kidding! It's really nice to eat out with you on this bench by the beach.
    Bodil: I'm going to get me another hamburger!

Wow, biggest eater in the family right there...

LJgBnhY.jpg
    Gaute: I think this party could do with some fireworks!

fCbo5as.jpg

9drBqvA.jpg
    Gaute: ..will you help me out here, Leya? …..Leya?

She didn't run away completely. She came back and helped him out.

eZ8EGmv.jpg
    YCI6YEA.jpg
    CZi0kWf.jpg

PPuy4GW.jpg
    Gaute:Hooh! Hooh! Hooh! Am I the man, or am I the MAN?
    Gaute was really proud of himself now.

kcXcC9C.jpg
    „That was amazing, Gaute!“ cheers Leya.

ue6zl2G.jpg
    After the fireworks it started to empty out a little on the beach, the party had after all been going on for several hours already, and people probably saw that as the grand finale, but someone still kept it going. Look at grandpa go! :D

UrN3t2M.jpg
    „Oh, that Gaute probably isn't so bad..“ thinks Nitya. Kajsa is still having a blast.

liiW6p9.jpg
    Laranya thinks she is the queen of arcade machines.

bGR6HIO.jpg
    „Oh, that firework was a great finale to my party! It pleases me that there are still people down on the beach having fun, but now I want to go back to the hotel“
    Wow, are you starting to feel the age Gaute? Usually as I got to know you, you would be far from one of the first to leave a party..!

IjoO4iq.jpg
    Leya is pregnant and more tired than you, and she wants to go for another swim.. looks like the party isn't completely over yet.. I'll just let them keep going and see how long they last..

mle3GDt.jpg
    Well, that's a party killer right there.. Chase Bayless (to the right) has had enough of this and heads home.

fjRmCSP.jpg
    Bodil is with Gaute in the hotel lobby.
    Gaute: Come along now, Bodil, it's time to go to bed! We have a long day of travelling home again ahead of us tomorrow...

AnD9F2A.jpg
    Leya is still out swimming, but is headed onshore and is about to go back to the hotel as well.

LvYyCOR.jpg
    The party is dying out on the beach as well, so I think it's time to say goodnight once more.. but it was a good one, and most of the guests had a splendid time!
    bnEhYnn.jpg
    Kjersti Jordal, the teacher and Gautes fellow party animal, was a major helper in arranging the party, because Gaute didn't have that as an option, so he needed a local to do it. Here she is at home after the party, and I think she looks pretty happy about it.

3ymza4o.jpg
    „Oh, what a great night this was and what a perfect way to end our vacation!“ Leya thinks before going back to the hotel.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    @Sprottenham thank you. I'm glad you liked the look of the shop. I'm in the process of making a video to show how I set up the shop using the new mod and show it running for a few days. I'm speeding up the time and editing it to make it shorter but it will still be longer than my videos usually are.

I enjoyed you pictures of your game too.

@SPARKY1922 thank you. I am planning to post in the main mod thread when I get the video done. I'll talk briefly about what I found and post a few pics as well as a link to the video I end up making. I don't know if anyone will watch it but since I'm making it I may as well post a link to it.
  • Options
    @Karritz

Thank you for letting me know. I think you may be surprised how many players might enjoy watching your findings as while I doubt the mod could be problematic with furniture for example I think bakeries could have the potential to cause a few issues that players may be unaware of so I am pleased to get all your info prior to trying the mod as a bakery business was definitely my first thought when I first heard of this new mod.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Karritz

Thank you for letting me know. I think you may be surprised how many players might enjoy watching your findings as while I doubt the mod could be problematic with furniture for example I think bakeries could have the potential to cause a few issues that players may be unaware of so I am pleased to get all your info prior to trying the mod as a bakery business was definitely my first thought when I first heard of this new mod.

There are issues but not with the bakeries. I have changed my plan. I was going to put it all into the video. But I thought someone might fix the problems and that'll make the video obselete. So I'm going to write something that'll be in the post and sets out my recommendations for improvement. It is mostly with the user interface. The other issue I've discovered is some of the store content that is obtained from buy mode has no selling price even though it is marked for sale and modifying the selling price doesn't add a price to it. I have found 2 items like this. They probably both come with a wedding set. It's the mmmm Cupcakes and the napkin holder that I think comes from one of the wedding sets. The napkin holder has sold at least once but not the container of cupcakes. Tomorrow I'll try to see if the cost of restocking is coming out of the household funds or the business funds. I don't think it's coming out of business funds. I'll have to watch what happens when I send someone to restock a few things.

This is taking much longer than I anticipated.

In the video I have started a business and set things for sale and restocked and advertised and seen shoppers buying stuff all in the residential lot. When I do the community lot I will just see shoppers buying stuff for a few days so people can see how it works in each location. The initial setup of the business is the same in both instances.
  • Options
    I was feeling nostalgic and decided to bring out my old sim family from when I started playing in 2011. It is my real life family from 10 years ago. I was still a young teenager and my brothers were children. It's funny how we have come such a long way from this point. I did some funny things back then such as giving my youngest brother the evil trait and watching his sim run around the house scarring people and laughing like a maniac. My other brother really disliked the outdoors back then so naturally I gave him the 'hates the outdoors' moodlet and every time he goes outside he becomes plagued by nature. When my sims had enough money, I went crazy in build mode and built this huge and unconventional house.

Right now, my sim family is in a starter house and I am trying to save money to buy/build a nicer house. I have been sending my mom sim to the library to write books... so far so good! Kids are doing well in school.

I remember back then I always wanted to be slightly older (such as being a sim teenager so I could drive before I could drive in real life, and being a sim young adult so I could get out of school before I graduated in real life). My sim bought a car much nicer than what we ever had. Now I am going back in time. It's funny how you always want what you can't have.
  • Options
    I feel so guilty now asking you for a video @Karritz as if I had known it would turn out to be such a time consuming task i would never have asked..As you are still going ahead I think that's a good idea changing your video to recommendations instead of fixes that could be potentially changed in the future..

• Options
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    I feel so guilty now asking you for a video @Karritz as if I had known it would turn out to be such a time consuming task i would never have asked..As you are still going ahead I think that's a good idea changing your video to recommendations instead of fixes that could be potentially changed in the future..

I was going to do it anyway so don't worry. The only thing that's a bit of a problem is I have another video I really want to work on. I've been taking photos of birds in a local lake and I like making videos of them. But there is no time it has to be done by. And we are on lockdown now so I can't go out and get any new photos. We should be out of it on Friday. There was one person who was sick and decided to keep going to work and then went on holidays, flying there with members of her family and they went to lots of crowded places over a period of a few days then came home. They all had a good time apparently as they went to so many different places and when she got home she got a COVID test and found she has the latest most contagious variant. Caught it from someone who was in the COVID ward in the hospital she works in. And she refused the vaccination she was supposed to have if working with COVID patients so she's not currently very popular here. Plus there are a few other slightly less serious cases but they are all under control. We are on lockdown so the contact tracers can get on top of this person who flew around the state, potentially spreading it wherever she went. She has passed it on to a few people apparently. But there are a lot more being tested and it remains to be seen how many more positive cases they find.
  • Options
    @Karritz

That's a shame about you not having enough time for your bird photo taking. I hope your lockdown ends soon I know what that feels like as the UK feels like it's been the most locked down country on the planet at times however the person you mention sounds rather a tad irresponsible as even when lockdown ends and there have been vaccine jabs all round unfortunately care still needs to be taken because people can still catch it despite all those measures in place. Hope the time goes quickly for you in the meantime.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    From The Heart

https://youtu.be/4uTG7gDrBxc

Damien walks out toward Mary's memorial. He looks around at the black brittle weeds and dried brush that has overgrown the backyard. Several blackened and dead trees tower over the memorial. He is concerned they will fall and strike the house during a severe thunderstorm. His sweater catches on one of the dead thorn bushes and after carefully extracting himself he walks over to the memorial. The yard looks considerably worse without the glistening snow that conveys a distorted sense of beauty even with weeds and dead growth. The only cheerful spot is where the hearty crocuses bloom just before spring each year.
    “Good morning Mary! The snow has melted overnight. The crocuses are still blooming brightly. I’m going to clean up out here and make a pretty garden for you.”
    51266134098_44dd879447_o.jpg
    51265210682_4e86a13a9c_o.jpg

Walking to the garage Damien grabs a shovel and a few other garden tools. He carefully digs up the dead brush and bushes and weeds by the roots, so they will not regrow. The ground is still hard from the fierce winter, so it takes a lot more energy to get them out. It requires careful pruning around the crocuses to prevent harm to them. They will be gone by the time Mary returns but he hopes they will return next spring. Damien discovers several clumps of daffodils in the brush and knows these unique flowers will bloom most of the summer. Damien decides to transplant them when he gets the new flowers. The physical work soothes his heart and lonely soul.

He organizes his thoughts while working. He wants to devote 100% of his time to her and getting her humanity back when she returns. Damien is a creature of habit and loves lists. He pulls out his phone and opens his memo app. He opens a new page and writes the word garden. He lists several flowers to look for as well as a garden bench at the local nursery. While he has the app up, he opens his work file and jots a few thoughts about the fire ghosts to add in the case file later. He includes Gregor on the list, the lightning ghost to see if he knows anything. The last thing added is, talk to Jamie and Lee about the foods that may restore humanity.
    51265949736_02dd5ce376_o.jpg

Damien finally removes the two dead thorn bushes and manages not to dig up any of the crocuses. He’s tired and leans against one of the dead trees taking a break. He speaks softly “I don’t know if you can sense me. I miss you so much. I love you. I long to hold you in my arms once more my dearest Mary. Working on this little garden helps me feel closer to you.”
    He slides down the tree, sitting on the ground as he continues talking to her. “I’m going to the garden center and order some plants and colorful flowers. When you get back, we can fill the entire yard with blooms. I’ll return later to say goodnight.”
    He reaches out and gently touches the memorial eagerly searching with his heart and soul for any possible sign of Mary.

I cannot feel her. I know she is out there. In the netherworld with the Fates. I believe she will return to me. I can't go on without her. I put my trust, faith and hope in Lee to bring Mary home to me. My miracle will happen. I do believe.
    He sits quietly lost in his thoughts as the birds sing their morning songs. He finds solace sitting close to Mary's memorial.
    51265210607_a14efa3011_o.jpg
    51266683159_3706aa1b1e_o.jpg
    51265949641_182f6a9ff1_o.jpg

Staggering a little Damien, walks to the house. His legs are stiffened from sitting on the ground after the physical activity. The others are in the house chatting and he asks about the dead trees. Bekka tells him, " I could remove a small tree but not those big ones."
    Lee advises him, "if it is dead my magic will remove it."
    “That would be magnificent Lee, thank you so much. I really appreciate all that you are doing."

He turns to Bekka and explains “I’m going to the garden center to buy a few flowering plants to put in the back. I’ll finish cleaning up the debris tomorrow. It felt really good working outside. I know you and Mary designed the landscaping together. I just want to do a little something in this spot. She can change it later if she wants."
    “Damien, she's going to treasure it because it is a gift from your heart. This will be perfect as she wanted me to wait until she is back to work on the landscaping. This way we will have a beautiful spot as a focus and we can work out from there."
    Damien smiles happily at Bekka's assessment. "I hope so! Mary is so excited about making this house ours. You took our ideas and this house is becoming our perfect home."
    "Please, everyone meet me at the diner this evening. Lee and Layla, you will enjoy this place. It has the best home cooked food of any diner I've been in. I will call you when I'm on the way if that would work." They all agree to meet at the diner.
    51266350546_47cc274505_o.jpg
    51265614347_8173c146ef_o.jpg

Damien is amazed at the dazzling arrangements of colorful spring flowers set out at the nursery. The gardeners must have worked hard this morning transferring them out of the greenhouses and setting them up. It's a gorgeous display, and he goes from spot to spot picking out what he believes would please Mary the most. He knows she would enjoy a dancing sunflower, so he orders one of those. After picking out the plants he wants and arranging delivery, he buys a few fresh fruits and vegetables from one of the carts. The fruits and vegetables will be delivered to the house as well.
    51259828986_b40f89ddba_o.jpg
    51260574239_162e48dd3f_o.jpg

Layla and Lee climb up to the viewing spot that is not too far away from the manor. Layla was amazed at the views in winter. They are just as spectacular in spring.
    The leader of the town, Renauld notices them and introduces himself. He prides himself on his knowledge of the town residents and knows they are visitors. With his politician charm he quickly finds out they are staying at Spring Manor.
    51260874275_768b19a637_o.jpg
    51259100987_7b45e645fa_o.jpg

As they go down the mountain, Lee observes the local cemetery ahead. He has the taxi driver stop. He and Layla explore the cemetery. He wonders what kind of fish is stocked in the pond behind the mausoleum. Lee reads the flyer about the catacombs and invites Layla to join him on the tour.
    Layla is not fond of gloomy scary places that are full of cobwebs, spiders and bones. She looks over at Lee, smiles bravely. "I'd love to go with you."
    Just before proceeding with the tour, Lee receives a call from Damien asking if they are ready to go to the diner. Lee tells him they are on the way and hails a cab.
    "We can arrange the tour another time." he tells Layla. It will be more fun to do at night."
    She pales, thinking night would be worse than daytime. Her heart thumps loudly in her chest both from fear and anticipation of more time with Lee. "Sounds like a plan."
    51260574269_ba6e652467_o.jpg
    51260574194_54181b68f5_o.jpg

They enjoy a delicious meal at the diner. Lee and Layla agree after the first few bites this is not a place to be missed during a visit. Damien tells them about the garden center visit.
    Layla and Lee talk about meeting Renauld as well as taking the tour of the mausoleum. Jamie looks interested in the tour.
    Bekka looks a bit guilty as she realizes she has not talked with her godparents in a few days. She looks over at Jamie. "We need to visit them."
    Jamie gulps and nods as he thinks about how that meeting could possibly go. "Tomorrow?"
    "I will call and see if they are available after work tomorrow." She pats his hand soothingly. "You never know, they may be too busy."
    Jamie brightens at that thought, but then his face falls. "I guess it is better to go ahead and get it done. It won't be any easier waiting and putting it off."
    He explains to Layla and Lee that Renauld and his wife are Bekka's godparents.
    "He seemed very nice." remarks Layla.
    "He is." Jamie tells them. "Catarina is very nice as well, but can be a little intimidating. I'm not quite sure she thinks I'm good enough for Bekka."
    "Jamie, if you can handle me, you can handle her." teases Layla.
    "Well, you have a point." He grins at Layla. "She did treat me better after I rid her home of some nasty poltergeists."
    Bekka giggles. "She didn't like your motorcycle."
    51260873825_dc520632b6_o.jpg

By the time they get home it is late and everyone heads to their rooms. Damien walks outside and bids Mary goodnight. He is tired from his physical activity today and hopes to sleep well. He knows Jamie will help him if he needs it, but he doesn't want to need help.
    51266683589_80f6c2b7d3_o.jpg

Lee decides to meditate before going to bed. Rani and Lia come in after hunting together. They stealthily approach Lee slowly, wondering what the man is doing. Rani inches closer and sniffs but all she smells is that funny stick that is burning in the tray.
    Lia twists her head as she stares at him puzzled by his actions. She finally says to Rani. “I’ve seen my humans do strange things, but never sit on the floor and fall asleep with a stick burning.”
    Rani stretches and stares at Lee. “Maybe he is praying to Bastet to give him a cat. I don’t think we need any more cats in the house right now. Should we wake him up?”
    “No, let's put our treasures out and go to bed. I’m sleepy.”
    The kitties put their prizes on the floor and climb upstairs satisfied with their successful hunt and fun they had together.
    Lee finishes his meditation and cleans up the treasures left by the kitties. He carefully picks up the unfortunate parakeet and takes it outside to release it.
    51266134458_0a82b4bb00_o.jpg
    51265210992_fb217b6e49_o.jpg
    51266985805_4226d82a42_o.jpg

The parakeet sits tamely on Lee's arm. With a twitch of his fingers, his magic enters the parakeet. It goes from grey and cold to warm and healthy, its normal vibrant yellow and green color returning. It chirrups a thank you before flying away and Lee smiles.
    51265950056_6405f1166a_o.jpg

Lee looks around the yard and two of the trees are definitely dead and not salvageable. He decides burning is the most efficient way to be rid of them. His spell is a powerful fireblast magic that intentionally strikes the specific target but does not affect the surrounding area. The burn is extremely intense so not a cinder remains. The other two trees that are black and appear dead are in fact still living, but haunted. He performs an exorcism and restoration ritual on the two haunted trees miraculously restoring them to their former glory. The expansive magic progressively extends over the rest of the property, instantly releasing any other undiscovered harmful spirits back to the pits where they belong.
    51266683469_4c0a139779_o.jpg
    51266985615_4132ddd329_o.jpg
    51265949786_95145b3455_o.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Little random snippets from my gameplay:

I like seeing a lot of townies out and about! (I'm using an empty version of Laguna Coast that I added buildings to; I'm gradually adding more and more residential lots as the population is growing, and taking care not to add too many community lots so that the ones I have will attract more townies. This is a Visitors Allowed lot with two rabbitholes.)

tkl3jso.jpg

You know it's time to enlarge and refurnish the family home when your teen comes back from school with a friend and they have to do homework on the floor!

B25a3lv.jpg

This is the visiting teen, Eliseo - after finishing homework he stayed for supper and chatting, and at one point spontaneously went into another room to pick up his friend's toddler brother and hold him. I thought that was very sweet!

ydsPna8.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @bekkasan , I love the scenes with Mary's memorial. The flowers look so beautiful, and Damien's pensive poses are perfect for the setting. The view of Hidden Springs from the top of the hill is gorgeous too!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    "It Doesn't Get Much Worse Than This" (Haruo and River Homeless Tale)
    Chapter Two "Coping" (Part 2)

There were countless roadblocks to the homeless getting back on their feet and society never acknowledged it. If you don’t have ID, you can’t get benefits to get an income stream to stay healthy enough to go and find work. If you haven’t eaten in several days, you’re going to be in no condition to search for work. If you’re not clean because you haven’t got a place to shower. , the door’s slammed shut on you practically immediately. “Thanks for coming, next! Hey, secretary, ditch this guy’s resume in the circular file. I’m not having him stink up my joint.” Even for those with government health care, if you don’t have an ID, you can’t prove that you’re entitled to health benefits so you’re SOL. And nowadays, it’s getting so that you have to have yourself an online ID in addition to your card just to prove exactly who you say you are; just to access anything government related. So if you have no computer, or smart-phone or heaven forbid, you’ve lost your physical ID, how exactly are you going to prove that you are who you say you are?
    Screenshot-127.jpg
    Like I can say that I’m Haruo Chikamori, but the only thing that proves that I am who I am is sitting in my pocket in my wallet; a nice government issued identification card that I had to stand in line for forty five minutes for just so that I could show another government issued ID (my social insurance number) so that I could prove that I was who I said I was in duplicate form. And Watcher help me if some pickpocket decides to lift that vaunted government issue identification out of my pocket. In fact, the governments are getting so paranoid that they’re now wanting triplicate identification which means you have to own a smartphone since you’re expected to have provincial “internet”-based identification as well to prove that you are who you say you are.
    Screenshot-117.jpg
    So...that puts us in the lovely position of:

So now...I have to have a smart-phone to prove that I can prove that I can prove that I am who I say I am...because my picture ID card isn’t good enough to prove that I am who I say I am even with identification in pictorial form...and even when I had to show yet another card (my SIN – see a lovely little acronym...with a nine-digit ID number)...to prove that I can prove that I am who I say I am? Are you 🐸🐸🐸🐸 kidding me?

...completely flummoxed now? And you need all that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to “go get yourself a job, ya lazy bum!!!”
    Screenshot-125.jpg
    George Carlin was right... Never underestimate the power of stupid people...and bureaucrats.
    Screenshot-129.jpg
    So its easy for those entitled sitting in a nice home and a comfy cushy existence to say, “If you’re homeless...go get yourself a job.” So that’s why homeless panhandle and look through dumpsters. Because the barriers that society places on gaining gainful employment are so high that it’s pointless to even bother when you have to jump through oxymoronic hoops just so that you can get yourself some picture ID...and if you don’t have your birth certificate (which you may have lost or had had stolen) and you’re looking for your next meal out of a dumpster, there’s no way that you can get a replacement. So tell me this. How does one go about replacing your picture ID when you need a birth certificate which you also don’t have and to get the replacement birth certificate, you have to have a picture ID? Isn’t that just running around in circles? Or you can have a friend vouch for you at a registered notary who will give you a government approved and notarized document to present saying that so and so Goodheart said that you are who you say you are. Good luck with that as all your friends have headed for the high-road the second you got fired and ended up homeless. You think you have friends? No, you don’t and you only have so many hours in a day and if you have to use every minute of your day to look for food, how are you going to rustle up the time to go get your ID situation straightened out? And, well, if you haven’t eaten for three days straight, you’re in no condition to wield a pick-axe for eight hours straight let alone look for a job anyways.

If you have friends who stuck with you while you were homeless? Make sure you hang on to them because they’re the true friends...and not leeches hanging on waiting for your opportunity to make it rich.
    Screenshot-130.jpg
    River and I, despite everything, that had been thrown at us have tried to stay optimistic; that maybe eventually someone will give us a chance and let her have a job and I can find a way to make an income too and maybe we’ll get back on our feet, somehow. We took the little moments that we had in order to be able to keep our spirits up, kisses, hugs, making out and well...hey, we were married after-all...woohoo...although that in itself was a risk considering we didn’t have the income to support a child. But sometimes, you just need solace and we took comfort in each other; the feel of each other as we took and gave pleasure to each other.
    Screenshot-131.jpg
    CENSORED1.jpg
    Screenshot-105.jpg
    We sold our cameras, so unfortunately, there was no way for us to buy another one so that I could pursue photography. And photography was a rather iffy proposition. Even if you had the skills, it all hinged on how much business sense you had. If you couldn’t field a logical business proposal, you were pretty much tied to the ground in terms of getting your business up off it.

We’d tied our lives together for better or for worse and well, River now knew just how much worse it was in terms of our financial situation. Unfortunately, it was going to be a long hard slog through the muck of homelessness and the fact that we had nothing left of the life that we had when we both had good-paying jobs. In fact, the stress would have led anyone lesser to drink themselves to the point of inebriation...and/or find themselves some chemical cathartic release.
    Screenshot-132.jpg
    But in that way the demon lies and we were not going to mess up our lives any worse than it already was. It wasn’t worth it. The malevolent lure of drugs was always a battle on the streets. Too much stress can do bad things to one’s health but that temptation of letting go of one’s stress in a drug-induced haze of minimal relief but instant gratification tied itself to much greater stress on one’s body and an even worse health outcome in the end.

So our best bet was just to “Say No” to drugs and alcohol and just try to use life itself as our drug of choice. Whatever life threw at us was going to be what caused our ups and our downs not some cocktail of stimulant with some obscure chemical makeup. We’ll stick with good ol’ H2O thank you. Good ol’ water, you can count on it to hydrate you, even if you weren’t a plant-sim.

...most of the time. Of course if you drank polluted water, it could potentially give you the runs...and that could do the direct opposite of what water is supposed to do and dehydrate you to the point of organ collapse. Hence the reason why River and I always made sure that we either used the purification tablets and purification straws or we took water from the river and boiled the living heck out of it before drinking it or using it for cooking.
    Screenshot-136.jpg
    When we headed up to do anything, we’d duck through the festival park because there were always flowers to pick – at least that hadn’t been legislated to hell and back and we were able to pick a few items to sell off. I had put one in at the consignment and it sold for a pretty penny. Unfortunately, a few of our consignment items didn’t do so well, so it wasn’t too great for us. Until we could gather together the money to license ourselves as government authorized gem-sellers, we couldn’t do anything with the gemstones that we found in the dumpster. So the only thing that we could do was collect them. And the government wanted you to pay §25,000.00 up front to be able to sell these things as an authorized seller. But at least that was a one time fee. We could hawk them but we’d only get a fraction of the price of these gemstones as opposed to ones that were cut and polished. So I’d found an amethyst in the dumpster...

...and I couldn’t do anything with it in any case. We were stuck hanging on to it until we’d gathered together the money for licensing as an authorized gem-seller.
    Screenshot-115.jpg
    Screenshot-74.jpg
    River and I had our little spot in the area that was out of the way...within a grove of trees which kept people away from our little spot. We could also get in the water...and with a good lookout we could keep from getting harassed by the Dept. of Fisheries and Wildlife, while we were washing off and swimming. We also snorkelled a bit to see if we could find something useful. River did find a nautilus shell, but that might get us a nasty little fine for poaching sea-life so we may just have to drop it back where we found it. Better not to tempt fate. Me, I tried my hand at it but didn’t find a thing. River did also find a Blue Topaz so she’s doing ok; not that we can do anything about it at the moment. So it’s all dumpster diving at the moment...and only two items a day. It’s going to take a while before we can build a little shed to call our own, just to get out of the elements. Because it will be fall soon enough even if it’s at the height of summer right now...and I don’t think River and I want to be living in a tent when the cold weather hits. But if we have to, it’s going to make it really tough to stay warm; so we’ll probably have to make sure that we have plenty of firewood in the next while to keep us when the cold weather hits. It may be a toss-up on whether we may have to flout the law and break into the firehall or leisure center to have someplace out of the cold to sleep. We may have to look into sleeping bags to ensure that we have something that we can easily drop down to sleep in anywhere while keeping our tent as a semi permanent place to lay down our heads. In any case, at least the cops haven’t sighted where we’ve planted ourselves. There is a 64x64 lot by the riverside but that’s about §8,192 about §3000 more than what we can afford with how much we have on us at the moment. At least we haven’t 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off the farmers since we haven’t gone in and stolen any of their fruits and vegetables although sometimes it’s been tempting to do so.
    Screenshot-168.jpg
    The last thing we want to do is give ourselves a bad rap with the cops and the citizens of Appaloosa Plains. We don’t have anywhere else to go at the moment and until such time as we’re able to make ourselves enough money to get settled down someplace, we just have to stomach living like indigents. It’s not fun, but well, you do what you have to do.
    Screenshot-189.jpg
    I said to River, my throat tight; “I promised you a better life than this...I’m sorry, honey.”
    Screenshot-190.jpg
    River told me. “Don’t ever apologize. That’s what our vows were, for better or for worse, my love. Whatever happens to us, I’m right there with you...and that’s all that matters.” How did I end up with her. Was it just the luck of the draw that I ended up with someone who would stick with me through everything that life would throw at us?
    Screenshot-191.jpg
    “I love you, sweetheart.” I told her as heartfelt as I could convey, considering how badly off we were in this situation.

“Don’t ever forget that I love you too...” River told me. “However tough this gets, we go through this together side by side. Unlike others who will bail if things get rough, I’m with you...no matter what...honey...no matter what...”

I don’t know if I could see clearly at that moment because of the tears misting my eyes. But I pulled her into the biggest hug that I could.
    Screenshot-194.jpg
    Screenshot-198.jpg
    ...and somehow, I channeled her faith into me into a faith in her and with the aid of some dried up weather-beaten old wood, I managed to make her an easel so that she could pursue her painting. Putting it together was a labour of love and hope that included a box of nails and about four butterfly screws donated by a charitable fellow by the name of Kanoa Parrott. Have to remember that fellow one of these days when she makes it big. And the love in River’s eyes towards me when she saw that thing put together and the intense hug and kiss that she gave me healed my soul and made the effort all worthwhile.
    Screenshot-167.jpg
    Screenshot-171.jpg
    Screenshot-175.jpg
    Screenshot-179.jpg
    We would do whatever it took to make it.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

No time to comment a lot on the many new posts since my last visit. I did read and look at all your wonderful screenshots and did a lot of awesome. @Nikkei_Simmer love when she is painting, @Karritz interesting with the home shops. @lisasc360 I like her kind of old fashion style, cute tea set.

@Sprottenham
    Glad to see a few new update from you, will comment in your story tread as soon as a find some time.
    Never had a meteor strike, but then again haven’t played a lot of hours actually.

@bekkasan
    Very nice blue to purple palette in that picture.
    Will comment in your story tread as soon as a find more time, pictures look brilliant at first glance, guess it will be during the coming weekend.

Armel Mercier bought a new pain of shorts at the River fashion house

Yau6BfO.jpg

My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

Episode 65 – Anniversary – April 2728 part 2

This month, it is 2 years since Marble Beach and Brendon Gentry was married. Their relationship have only grown stronger, after they got Ivory.

mnlOtdx.jpg

Jenny Richards have been working unusually hard on her 5th oil painting, this time more than half done over just a few weeks.

2Byu0o5.jpg

Some settlers have reported sightings of some strange abnormal occurrences in the village. The “Assembly” has officially made a statement that the settlers should cut down on the drinking to stop such nonsense, what could only bring fear and anxiety to children and other weak souls.

weYVPaU.jpg

The receiver tower construction is over, now only the wiring left and the ground level visitation area also need some work done.

77lt68n.jpg

More than 50% of the receiver tower workforce will leave Greg’s River near the end of the month.

Natalie Agee about to start packing her stuff down

aCHBsqr.jpg

The first harvest has begun at the Nara Household.

P99Nw6S.jpg

One of those who will stay in Greg’s River for another month or so, is electrician Bryan Kline, visiting the Andersons to talk with Kent about the electric component installations, needed to get a working TV, Radio and Network receiver.

s2hIGX9.jpg

Young Bryan can hardly hide how much he enjoys visiting the Andersons, getting the option to talk with the boss's beautiful daughter.

NF4tEAl.jpg

Pierre Mercier is still not confident on two feet. Grandpa Armel helping the young one with those important early steps.

DuOWXxa.jpg

Jenny and Jane visited River fashion house. Having a game of chess and chatting with Elea Helsby.

QIG1KOo.jpg

Jenny left and Jane stayed back to further improve her game. It came to a dangerous encounter with Janes worst enemy Mussete Mercier. Lucky for everyone nothing more than words, and they might even have come to some sort of agreement?

bdzQy40.jpg

Pegasus Café got a lot of visitors this period. Partly a last goodbye for those who was leaving, but mainly the thirst generated by increasing temperatures, draw many people in.

q94NmnB.jpg

If was not only the more experienced artists like Jenny and Simon doing canvases this month. Some started their very first piece.

8dy8ite.jpg

Will the obvious physical attraction be enough, or will the many differences and difficulties keep them apart forever.

dYnVlqf.jpg

With Simon working at the trade station. Charles Vaughan had time for a nice date with his girlfriend Jane Harper.

orvGK3H.jpg

Sales March 2728:
    Preston household:
    1. Collectable wildlife 442$
    2. Eggs 23$
    Vaughan household:
    1. Tomato Root Oli 155$
    2. Salted fish 27$
    Gentry-Beach household:
    1. Collectable wildlife 3.572$ (Chinchilla 1.541)
    Scully household:
    1. Salted fish 63$
    Valiente Household:
    1. Flowers 49$
    Anderson Household:
    1. Tomato Root Oli 159$
    2. Seeds 13$
    Mercier household:
    1. Eggs 24$

Editorial:
    mF8JxfQ.jpg
    The opening picture of Brendon and Ivory, taken “after” the save, to include the anniversary.
    Anders Karlson froze and was reset. Otherwise, everything autonome.

yiPc4WK.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    Great updates everyone

I had a planned job interview today, it was moved to my birthday on Monday cause she got a cold.
    Happy simming everyone.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    My PC arrived today! Particularly great timing as it’s my birthday 🥳 I’m really looking forward to playing all my families again… not sure who to start off with. Maybe I’ll play with the Delaunays for a bit, and get baby Madeleine to toddlerhood and the twins to childhood, and then go to the Jenningses because it’s been a while since I played them.
    I’m going to have to move the Delaunays because their house is really rather small, and the lot isn’t that big either.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top