Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use mods?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    Oh cool. This is THE topic i wanted to learn about! I was against mods at first. But I tried a few, mainly clothing items and accessories at first. Then i fell for it. Im a mod enthusiast ever since. What stopped me is that i got a few (2 or 3 out of 400) that dont work and sometimes the game creates random sims with the mod hairstyle ? or no hair so i have to delete that sim. The extra work is worth it, the car mod was a total disapointment but they are nice looking in the driveways. When it comes to career mods and trait mods, btw most i tried dont work properly, i think those are useless, but theyre usefull for developpers to learn the trade. Some of them should stay in private circles imho or be kept in a 'experimental' category of sorts. But all and all i dont think id go back, but i stopped adding more. Bottom line is mods are not a must.
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely! Mod the world!!!!
    I have MC Command Center I have been using since it released. Couldn't play without it. I also have some bug fixes, dust the bust fixes and unnatural hair colors for children and toddlers. Plus I have the elf ears package. I also love the overhaul whims package. That is it.
  • Options
    TheAlyssa4LifeTheAlyssa4Life Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I don't have very many, but I do have some that I consider important. Polyamory mods and extreme violence make everything better.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    So yeah, I see tons of posts about people using mods a common question has become "is there a mod for that?"

So I'm wondering if I'm the only one that thinks mods are unnecessary.

Can't play my game without them. If MCC breaks in updates, I cease my gameplay until it's updated. Same with UI Cheats mod.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    TheStarrSimmerTheStarrSimmer Posts: 206 Member
    I have a few mods, and I like them a lot o.o
    Some of the mods I use, I probably shouldn't be using lol...but they give me a better gaming experience o.o
    Snap_5bFm8Er5qd514231703.png
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I used to have mods in my game, but I've decided to play vanilla again. I'll admit I've been lazy when it comes to keeping them updated and I want to try and enjoy the game for what it is.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I have just picked the game up again after a break of near on three years and the first thing I did was install MCCC. Absolutely essential, IMO.

Also, just about to launch my modded game this evening and saw a big green update button staring at me. Selected Origin menu, select offline mode - ahhh the play button :smiley:

Will wait a day or three to make sure nowt is broken.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member
    Absolutely Not! I don't need mods to have fun in the game.
    Never found any need for mods as I build more than play, but I do have lots of CC
  • Options
    JasGabrielleJasGabrielle Posts: 17 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    There are some useful ones, like the one that removes the weather effects when you enter Build Mode. It's really hard to create a garden or a decent roof when the whole lot is covered in snow.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    No. But I've considered and am curious.
    No not really. I've thought about it but haven't invested into anything more than the mod to get rid of mouse holes in tlc apartments. It was the only thing that annoyed me enough to grab a mod.