Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Funeral kit suggestion

Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
edited June 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I would LOVE to see proper funerals done in kit form. It seems like the perfect DLC type. Funerals don't interest all players, but I have seen many others say they want them. They also may have trouble fitting funerals into any other pack (besides maybe a generations packs but there is tons of content to try to jam into a Gen type pack already). Perfect solution is a funeral kit. We need a proper way to mourn the loss of family members and celebrate their life. And we definitely need a cemetery lot type and added game play with that.
Post edited by EA_Neil on

Comments

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    If you don't mind mods, there are some Sims 4 Funeral mods. I haven't played any, but they might be better than anything that would come in a kit. Some mods are really in-depth.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    That's definitely a neat idea! Although I have to admit, it makes me laugh a little. "Plan social event > Funeral"

Even better would be if it can be one of those goal events where you get special objects depending on how successful it is.

Sims Mourn at the same time - 0/4
    Raise a Toast to the Deceased - (hahahaha, did you think you could? TOO BAD, TOASTING IS GLITCHED. ENJOY YOUR 33RD SILVER MEDAL IN A ROW!)
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    You will have much better luck with mods. Used them myself and still have those in my possession. 100% recommended.

As for actual funeral kit - that will never happen. In Sims, everyone is happy...or else.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    I'd love that! You could make the event somber, a wake or a... real shindig. Sims could lower their grieving and get a sort of 'accepting' perk instead of 'sad' perk. Still saddish but not forlorn for 4 days!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Sims go directly to an urn or tombstone when they die, don't think they will add funerals. What are we going to do with the dead sim between his death and the funeral? Will we get to decide if they are cremated or interred? You could make a memorial party if you want, with the urn, and have everyone mourn. And afterwards you take the urn to the yard and pretend to burry it. Call an entertainer, put some sad mood boosters on the lot and there is your funeral.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would like funerals.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Not without a playable Grim, a ghost overhaul and an Underworld world.

I love Paranormal but I’m still waiting for “Happy” Haunts 2.0. If that comes with some kind of funeral gameplay event all the better.
    For example, if a sim doesn’t get a proper “send off” , they will turn into a mischievous or evil ghost and will haunt an active sim to death unless something (very challenging please) is done about it.
    Not in a kit though. Not in a kit.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited June 2021
    I really want a funeral event too. Been wanting it since funerals were one of the possiblities for dangerous stuff pack theme. That was in the first community voted stuff pack options.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    edited June 2021

I'd buy that pack @CAPTAIN_NXR7 >:)

I love Paranormal but I’m still waiting for “Happy” Haunts 2.0. If that comes with some kind of funeral gameplay event all the better.
    For example, if a sim doesn’t get a proper “send off” , they will turn into a mischievous or evil ghost and will haunt an active sim to death unless something (very challenging please) is done about it.
    Not in a kit though. Not in a kit.

I want that to @CAPTAIN_NXR7
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    SimsRealist has the Mortem mod that was just upgraded. Now we can follow our Sims to the funeral service, instead of them just going off into a rabbit hole. Sounds a tad ghoulish of me, but I just downloaded this newer, upgraded version yesterday, and now I'm waiting for somebody to keel over. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    Can't use mods myself, so would I like the idea of having funerals definitely! But personally not in Kit form. I think something like that should be a free update personally, perhaps in the form of hosting a social event, similar to hosting a wedding, party or whatever. That way it's optional for those who wouldn't use it, but great for those who would.
    they/them or she/her
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,573 Member
    Raise a Toast to the Deceased - (hahahaha, did you think you could? TOO BAD, TOASTING IS GLITCHED. ENJOY YOUR 33RD SILVER MEDAL IN A ROW!)

Toasting isn't glitched, but the interaction requires your Sim standing (I'm not 100% sure whether the target sim needs to be standing as well).

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Yeah, they're not gonna do that. Part of this game's intended audience includes children, and EA isn't going to risk offending them with a dark subject like funerals
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I think there've been children at all the funerals I've been to. It's good not to hide these things. One should always be cognizant of one's own mortality.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Don't give them ideas, it should be base game.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    SimsRealist has the Mortem mod that was just upgraded. Now we can follow our Sims to the funeral service, instead of them just going off into a rabbit hole. Sounds a tad ghoulish of me, but I just downloaded this newer, upgraded version yesterday, and now I'm waiting for somebody to keel over. :open_mouth:

thanks for the mod info
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I think there've been children at all the funerals I've been to. It's good not to hide these things. One should always be cognizant of one's own mortality.

Maybe so, I'm just explaining the way EA sees it
    I like the idea that a family burning to death is fine for kids, but funerals are too spooky.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Haha, right? The fam can drown together, but goodness forbid we celebrate Grandma's awesome life properly instead of just leaving her in the household inventory to rot.
    Not for nothing is 'funeral' an anagram of 'real fun'. Take your kids to plenty. Free sandwiches.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I’d like a cemetery lot, and be able to plan a funeral like other social events. I think a kit would be too small. It would be nice if it was basegame.
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

Toasting isn't glitched, but the interaction requires your Sim standing (I'm not 100% sure whether the target sim needs to be standing as well).

Oh, trust me, I've tried all that. It's either glitched, or the method of pulling it off successfully is so convoluted that it's not even worth the hassle for me.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    You will have much better luck with mods. Used them myself and still have those in my possession. 100% recommended.

As for actual funeral kit - that will never happen. In Sims, everyone is happy...or else.

Perfect and priceless :)