Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Was anyone else really disappointed when they first got that notification that "something crazy's going down at the ruins" in Get Together, and...it was just a dance party? I was hoping for some cool adventure or something! Wrong EP for that, I guess. :/ I still feel disappointed every time. It's just the same boring party, always.
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2021
    My sim dislikes handiness, she also has a baby. Every time she feeds the baby she gets "dislike handiness" icon, ergo every time she feeds the baby the game treat it as "repairing" the baby....
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Was anyone else really disappointed when they first got that notification that "something crazy's going down at the ruins" in Get Together, and...it was just a dance party? I was hoping for some cool adventure or something! Wrong EP for that, I guess. :/ I still feel disappointed every time. It's just the same boring party, always.

I actually love that pop up invitation. Sadly, I haven’t gotten it in a year and I figured it was taken out for some reason
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I treated myself to Get Together yesterday, and so far I am loving Windenburg!

My "lead" Sim, who has the Active trait, accepted an invitation to join Powerhouse. He was promptly invited to a club gathering at the gym; he accepted the invitation, and now he's pumping iron and running on the treadmill with his new clubmates.

How long do the Active Gatherings last? My Sim needs to get some stuff done for work. I see that I have the power to end the gathering myself.
    Will he anger the club leader or his fellow Powerhouses if he does that, or should he wait for Marcus, the leader, to call a halt to the workout session?
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I’ve not had the leader get mad at a gathering ending in a short amount of time. I’ve also had gatherings last for a long time because I wanted my Sim to get more out of it, and again no one got upset.
  • CattyBetsyCattyBetsy Posts: 62 Member
    > @MoonlightGraham said:
    > I treated myself to Get Together yesterday, and so far I am loving Windenburg!
    >
    > My "lead" Sim, who has the Active trait, accepted an invitation to join Powerhouse. He was promptly invited to a club gathering at the gym; he accepted the invitation, and now he's pumping iron and running on the treadmill with his new clubmates.
    >
    > How long do the Active Gatherings last? My Sim needs to get some stuff done for work. I see that I have the power to end the gathering myself.
    > Will he anger the club leader or his fellow Powerhouses if he does that, or should he wait for Marcus, the leader, to call a halt to the workout session?

If I remember correctly, you can leave whenever.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

I actually love that pop up invitation. Sadly, I haven’t gotten it in a year and I figured it was taken out for some reason

Same here, on both counts. I assumed it must have been removed, too.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I got invited to something crazy at the ruins. It was raining, so it was a dance party with no dancing, cos the music equipment wouldn't work in the rain. Nothing to do but woohoo in the bushes, alas.

I do have a question, actually: what happens if you graduate with low grades? All the students I've put though uni have either got straight As or dropped out entirely. If you get all Cs or Ds, does it affect your job prospects?
    @NationalPokedex @CattyAuntBetsy Thanks for your replies! I saved my game and gave it a try, just in case it caused drama. It didn't seem to affect anyone's mood at all.

New question: If your Sim is at a Dance Party at the Von Haunt estate and needs to pee...what do you do? :o

I know you can "fertilize" a bush at the bluffs, but I can't find an option like that at the Von Haunt castle. When I try clicking Auto-Solve, my Sim throws his hands in the air in his classic gesture of frustration. Will I have to end the Dance Party for EVERYONE so I can send my Sim home to pee?

Everyone is having so much fun...
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    ... When I try clicking Auto-Solve...

Why is this the first time I've ever heard of auto-solve? Googling, it seems it's a well-known and useful feature of the game, but it is 100% new to me, as of your post.

This will streamline things somewhat.
    edited June 2021
    ... When I try clicking Auto-Solve...

Why is this the first time I've ever heard of auto-solve? Googling, it seems it's a well-known and useful feature of the game, but it is 100% new to me, as of your post.

This will streamline things somewhat.

I discovered it completely by accident, when I was trying to figure out a way to solve my "nowhere to go at the Dance Party" problem. I think I might only use it for fixing Bladder problems, because I've heard Sims don't always make very good decisions about how to solve their other needs. They'll nap instead of sleeping, or make a meal when they have leftovers in their fridge.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    I solved my own problem. The "Fertilize" option only appears as a last resort. When my Sim's need reached the red level, clicking Auto-Solve brought up "Fertilize." He ran through a good portion of the hedge maze to find a bush he could use, and then he returned for the last moments of the party. :)
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    I solved my own problem. The "Fertilize" option only appears as a last resort. When my Sim's need reached the red level, clicking Auto-Solve brought up "Fertilize." He ran through a good portion of the hedge maze to find a bush he could use, and then he returned for the last moments of the party. :)

Generally you can also go into build mode while you're on a public venue lot and place objects for free, so you could place a bush closer to the venue or build a little bathroom stall inside if you wanted, in the middle of the party.

My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member

Yeah, apparently they try to go to a bush that's closer to where they are, but out-of-bounds. The one at the end of the maze is in-bounds, but the Sim usually won't try to pee or WooHoo there unless you direct them to do it.

Seems kinda silly that they would try to use a bush they can't get to, but...well, Sims gonna Sim.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    So I don’t understand why the new stove countertops in Dream Home Decorator can’t be placed on counters with a stove underneath, lol.
    You know how, when a toddler or child are playing with a toy, you see the colored floaty images floating around their heads? Have you ever noticed that if you have any child or toddler Sim selected and you look at the playing child, you can see the images, but if you switch to an adult Sim you can no longer see the images? The child is still playing but you don't see all the fun things they are seeing unless you look at them through the eyes of a young one. I love this detail and never realized it until recently.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    You know how, when a toddler or child are playing with a toy, you see the colored floaty images floating around their heads? Have you ever noticed that if you have any child or toddler Sim selected and you look at the playing child, you can see the images, but if you switch to an adult Sim you can no longer see the images? The child is still playing but you don't see all the fun things they are seeing unless you look at them through the eyes of a young one. I love this detail and never realized it until recently.

This is one of my favorite details of the game! I love checking out different objects and seeing what can trigger it. The Get Famous water garden has the same imagination floats. Older sims with the childish trait can still see them, too.
    Here is another absolute newbie question.

So far, I've only tried playing with single Sims. I'm about to try a household, probably three roommates living in a house. When I'm playing as one of the roomies, what will the others do?

If they have jobs, will they go to work, or will I need to send them there to keep them from wandering aimlessly around and hurting their job performance?

Will they go to the gym, hit the clubs, or try to improve a skill, or will they sit on their tushes all day, watching TV and messing around with their phones? Will their Traits help determine what they do--will an Active Sim be more apt to work out, while an Outgoing Sim connects with friends and a Romantic Sim gets their flirt on?

I'm wondering how much I'll be able to trust my Sims to not make total messes of their lives if they're left alone for a few hours. :)
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member

So far, I've only tried playing with single Sims. I'm about to try a household, probably three roommates living in a house. When I'm playing as one of the roomies, what will the others do?

If they have jobs, will they go to work, or will I need to send them there to keep them from wandering aimlessly around and hurting their job performance?

Will they go to the gym, hit the clubs, or try to improve a skill, or will they sit on their tushes all day, watching TV and messing around with their phones? Will their Traits help determine what they do--will an Active Sim be more apt to work out, while an Outgoing Sim connects with friends and a Romantic Sim gets their flirt on?

I'm wondering how much I'll be able to trust my Sims to not make total messes of their lives if they're left alone for a few hours. :)

They will make a bit of a mess of themselves, but their default setting is to take care of their needs. Theoretically, they should slowly improve their needs while left alone. How successful they are varies. In the UI, there should be a little icon over their image - you can theoretically choose an option to improve a skill or do something else.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

You can click on their icon and switch between them constantly with no load screen or anything as long as they are all at the same lot. So they don't have to be left alone for hours. If you have them on different lots they have a menu on their portrait which allows you to choose if they should skill build or take care of their needs, etc. So it's not too bad.
    @HavenRose @CelSims Thanks for your replies! I knew it couldn't be TOO difficult or unwieldy, because I know many Simmers play that way.

I gave it a try, with only two Sims instead of three. I put them in a group and sent them to the gym, where I could practice switching between them. Then one of them decided to go to the music festival, and I managed to send the other one there, too. It wasn't too difficult.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    @MoonlightGraham Also, if you are playing with one of them on another lot, the other ones back home will send themselves to work or school autonomously.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

If you're missing random party invites, join a club. My sims that are in clubs get them all the time.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I treated myself to Get Together yesterday, and so far I am loving Windenburg!

My "lead" Sim, who has the Active trait, accepted an invitation to join Powerhouse. He was promptly invited to a club gathering at the gym; he accepted the invitation, and now he's pumping iron and running on the treadmill with his new clubmates.

How long do the Active Gatherings last? My Sim needs to get some stuff done for work. I see that I have the power to end the gathering myself.
    Will he anger the club leader or his fellow Powerhouses if he does that, or should he wait for Marcus, the leader, to call a halt to the workout session?

@MoonlightGraham The clubs system is great! To answer your questions, the leader never calls a halt; you are in control of when the club gathers/disbands. Club gatherings can last days if you don't end them!

Gain more friendship with the leader and you can eventually convince them to step down and make you the leader.

Don't be fooled by an invitation to Powerhouse because your sim is active. As far as I know, you get random offers from other clubs.

I hope you enjoy GT. It's my favourite EP so far.

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »

If you're missing random party invites, join a club. My sims that are in clubs get them all the time.

I do have sims in clubs, but neither my club-members nor non-club sims have had any of those invites in quite a long time. Oh well, at least it's not a game-breaker. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top