March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 ADHD trait

I installed the Basemental drugs mod, but mainly because it can add ADHD to a sim, even though I do not have ADHD myself, but Asperger syndrome, I have a lot of friends who have various psychological conditions that will fit the currently fashionable term "neurodiversity"

I wanted to add a trait to a child sim, an ADHD trait, but it turns out that child sims cannot use drugs, even legal ones, which is a bit silly because that's is the main reason why I installed this mod.

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,941 Member
    edited June 2021
    I found an ADHD trait here: ADHD trait although I don’t know how up-to-date it is. Kids can have it too.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,941 Member
    Or did you want the Sim to be able to take ADHD medication? Sadly that trait doesn’t allow for that option.
  • PawelK198604PawelK198604 Posts: 323 Member
    Or did you want the Sim to be able to take ADHD medication? Sadly that trait doesn’t allow for that option.

That sad :( It would be cool if someone redoo basemental to make it more family-friendly

I have Asperger Syndrome and most likely ADHD too, my childhood friend had ADHD and ASD yet outgrow it. he had over 140 IQ minie is high but not that hi :smiley:

He scammed our Polish Air Force he become certified MiG-29/F-16 Pilot.

I talked to him does he not afraid they caught him, he say a bit, but PAF Polish AirForce is not RAF or USAF they have constant problem with manning all our planes :smile:

BTW could you recommend me a mod with Fighter Pilot or commercial airline pilot :smile:
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I would like to see Basemental Drugs' ADHD redone. A lot more than just forgetfulness and out-there ideas go on for those with that condition. I tried the other mod mentioned but can't get it to work. If a sim enjoys, say programming, why not let them hyperfocus on it? Instead it makes them forget what they're doing, and they abandon their hacking project.
  • PawelK198604PawelK198604 Posts: 323 Member
    I would like to see Basemental Drugs' ADHD redone. A lot more than just forgetfulness and out-there ideas go on for those with that condition. I tried the other mod mentioned but can't get it to work. If a sim enjoys, say programming, why not let them hyperfocus on it? Instead it makes them forget what they're doing, and they abandon their hacking project.

The could make stand alone mod from basemental and focus on ADHD and Autism,
    I was diagnosed as kid with ADHD but back than in Poland it wasen't medicated our doc focus more on psychotropy.
    Eventually i was diagnosed with Asperger's but i think i have both

As kid i was put on so called individualized education but with normal school curriculum.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Hm yeah I think hyperfocusing would be a cool thing to see like a sim would develop an interest and they will always want to do it and will always be thinking about it and your sim will likely sit and do that thing for hours without going to the bathroom or eating.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr