Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the weather like where you are?

Comments

• TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Very hot!
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Sunny, clear, white clouds and blue skies and perfect for the pool and the grill. Watermelon is chilling. Already skimmed the pool, next gotta get the grill ready. Intending for it to feel like a vacation today even if it isn't.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    71 degrees, and a severe thunder storm watch.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Finally getting some good rain! They taunted us a couple times with severe thunderstorm warnings and watches (ofc I don't really want the severe damaging part but I really wanted a good rain!). Today was supposed to be rainy but all day we only had a couple showers. Now it's really coming down though. A bit of thunder would be even better but at least we got the rain part.

I just wish I hadn't developed a skin allergy to the cold (and our rain is so cold here) or I'd be out dancing in the rain right now. But it's not really worth the pain. Guess I'll just curl up by a window and just listen.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited June 2021
    https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-heat-wave-here-s-how-hot-it-could-get-in-metro-vancouver-fraser-valley-this-week-1.5478904

Temps are supposed to get up to 28C - oh ha ha...you've seen hotter, huh? Try it with HUMIDEX (Humidity Index). It's more like 35C or 95F for you 'Mercins. This ain't normal for June...IN British Columbia.

Here I am wishing for -2 again. Like I said, I don't complain. -2 is t-shirt and shorts weather for me. 95F is take off dang near everything and jump in the nearest cold-water source (preferably liberally doused with ICE).

My beloved wife tells me to never go down to Louisiana... I wouldn't last 2 seconds there.

Get off plane...blast of 107F hot air hits me... Nope, honey, I'm getting back on the plane and flying back home...these temps are for the crocs.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    edited June 2021
    Today it was 28°C but an hour ago there was a thunderstorm and it's around 20°C now (8 PM). I'm glad about that because a few days ago it was already too hot (31-32°C).
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    89 degrees with 60% humidity. God, I hate the summer.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    truly horrible right now. Well under 10 degrees C, windy, rainy. I just parked by the beach to go to my local cafe to have some dinner, and the arctic (to me) squall coming in off the water - urgh! Couldn't jump back in my car quick enough when I was done. Crank that heater!!
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Cloudy and hot now at 6:00 pm
    Issued at 16:00 Thursday 24 June 2021
    A dangerous long duration heat wave will affect B.C. beginning on Friday and lasting until at least Wednesday.

Threat: Daytime highs ranging from 32 to 39 degrees celsius combined with overnight lows of 18 to 21 degrees celsius. Humidex values during this period will reach the high 30's to possibly the low 40's

Translated to Highs of 104F with Humidex. That's it...I'm effin' moving to the Arctic.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Was pretty nice today it was still only like 12c when I left for work this afternoon but warmed up a bit not long after (dunno what to but I'd guess 20ish). Now it's 16c for the late night.

I'm just savoring anything under 30c right now because next week we're supposed to hit multiple days of 35c or higher. I keep hoping the forecast will change to be colder but it just keeps getting hotter longer. I'd be thrilled if it was below 0 instead lol. I live in Canada I'm built for -30 not this nonsense.
    Still lousy here.

Windy, rainy, cold.

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Quite pleasant here at 72 degrees with partly cloudy skies.
  • Gilles8001Gilles8001 Posts: 729 Member
    This is going to be a hot week coming up in Alberta, Canada. Sunday to Thursday's highs are supposed to be 34°C-37°C (93°F-99°F). :'( Normal high is Max 22°C. Min 11°C. And it's only going down between 17°C-21°C (63°F-70°F) :'( during the night. If there was a beach or ocean close by I'll be chilling there every day by the water. And all the swimming pools are booked. I think I'll just rent myself a fridge and move in there for a week. :D
  • arlielarliel Posts: 1,458 Member
    Gilles8001 wrote: »
    This is going to be a hot week coming up in Alberta, Canada. Sunday to Thursday's highs are supposed to be 34°C-37°C (93°F-99°F). :'( Normal high is Max 22°C. Min 11°C. And it's only going down between 17°C-21°C (63°F-70°F) :'( during the night.
    I hear ya. This is where I am as well. Almost dreading next week, and I will probably be spending as much time as I can indoors... lol I'm half-ginger, so if I went outside, I'd have to either wear a ton of sunscreen or turn into a lobster. :D
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
    @Gilles8001 34C is pretty much a perfect day to me, I'd gladly swap with you this week. Not many people are on the same page, I find that many people are even complaining as soon as it gets into the 30s! I think over here, as Australians, we should be used to it. :D Having said that, I've never been able to get used to our winters, so I suppose I can't criticise people that never get used to summer.

The sun's poking its face out from behind the clouds occasionally this morning, but it's still only about 12 or 13C, and I'm literally shivering.
    edited June 2021
    Monday, I am going to be so dead... 41C = 105.8F

Humidex is 47 for Monday. For all y'all 'Mercins who think that 47C "Oh it's not that bad."

That's 116.6F in Abbotsford British Columbia. I think I'm gonna fry an egg on the hood of my SUV.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    That's terrible!

Here in Northern New England it's been away like autumn lately: cold nights, dry, crisp, clear days and a few thunderstorms and cold rainy days. Still chill damp and gray today, but supposed to be hot the next several.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2021
    edited June 2021
    31c currently. I'm already miserable I'm dreading the week ahead.

At least we're reopening enough that I can go sit in resturants with AC. Even our AC at work isn't good so me and a coworker are hiding inside a nice cool resturant for lunch so we don't have to add to the numbers being sent home for heat exhaustion.
    Post edited by dreamerz13 on
  • arlielarliel Posts: 1,458 Member
    This is what the week here is looking like. Canada Day is gonna be toasty....
    t5itybLl.png
    In Fahrenheit, it is as follows:
    90. 95, 99, 100, 100, 82, 82, 84
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
    edited June 2021
    3595d19e57b5c7847080a9982d5965a6.jpg
    39C feels like 45C with Humidex. Translated to American: that's 114F. Screw this, I'm moving to the Arctic Circle (if there is an Arctic left).
    [img]https://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/the-heat-index-is-somewhere-between-omg-and-🐸🐸🐸🐸-today-1d982.png[/img]
    I can actually feel the mercury rising as I'm sitting here.

@Featherbelle, honey, we're buying an AC and an ice-machine (for our drinks and water). I'm not going through this again.

Update: 7:14PM and it's 40C Feels like 46C (in Surrey, BC). 114.8F right now. Yeah...this is flippin' insane. I have a cold pack that you use in your cooler on top of my forehead right now.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited June 2021
    84F (29C) and cloudy with occasional rain in Florida. Send me some of that heat and sunshine. I enjoy the hot weather.
    edited June 2021
    It's 36c now. I hate this so much my heat tolerance is so low I hate anything over 25c (and even 25 is really pushing it). I live in Alberta for a reason... this ain't supposed to happen here.

We have have air quality warnings (swell I can suffer heat exhaustion and asthma at the same time). We're being asked to conserve water and electricity because we're straining the systems... like y'all I'm either living in front of 5 fans or in a cold shower I can't conserve both I will literally die.

The only good thing in my life right now is the countertop ice maker I got *just* before we knew the heat wave was coming. I'm only half joking when I say I just wanna cuddle with it lol. It's nice and cool and I could just reach in every few minutes and throw some ice cubes on myself to amplify the effect.

I hate summer I want my 6+ month winters back right now!
    Realizing we don't have it anywhere near that bad here, but it's a heatwave here too, though not in the triple digits, but it was hot enough that stepping outside to skim the pool, the air was like breathing through a warm wet rag over my face. Didn't get into the pool til 17:00 and the water was the warmest pool water I've ever encountered, short of a hot tub: it wasn't just "warm" as in not cold, it was almost hot, like a drawn bath. Never encountered that here before.

xicwqMCm.jpg