Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

failed to plant

Hello. My sim lives in one of the apartment (888spire) I put down two planters on the balcony but every time my sim want to plant it fails and getting a message that advise me to do in a bigger more open space. He has no backyard since he lives in the apartment. How can I achieve the plant in the planter. He is level 6 gardening. Any help or idea how to do, please. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,997 Member
    edited June 2021
    shatinn wrote: »
    Hello. My sim lives in one of the apartment (888spire) I put down two planters on the balcony but every time my sim want to plant it fails and getting a message that advise me to do in a bigger more open space. He has no backyard since he lives in the apartment. How can I achieve the plant in the planter. He is level 6 gardening. Any help or idea how to do, please. Thank you

If it’s a tree maybe it needs taller walls. I have plants, even tree’s inside apartments, but it’s been more than a year since I planted any and I’ve heard some people say they have problems with plants growing inside apartments now.

Also maybe try moving the planter more away from the walls, and the fences, see if that works.

There have been a lot of problems with plants in the last year.
  • Options
    shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    indoor plants are super buggy. i had this wall planter, it let me plant some strawberries but then it didnt anymore, lol.
  • Options
    shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    if u really wanna do gardening in apartments, i advise u to plant your crops somewhere else and then move it inside your house with the t.o.o.l mod
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Make sure there are no obstacles on the walls like décor. This is known to interrupt planting.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,460 Member
    I've gotten that message the times I tried making a garden in my sims basement. Ended up planting them above ground then putting them in the planters in the basement. After that they grew as normal.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,978 Member
    Try planting indoors, use the single garden pot which is smaller, or use the vertical garden planter which is also small and has room for two plants. You need one floor tile of space all the way around the 2x2 planters. For the small and vertical planters you need one tile of space in front of the planter.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    I have found that there are several plants that do need more space than a pot or planter provides, that and gardening is still borked.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.