Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS5 should be annouced soon since TS4 get buggier and glitchier by the day

Comments

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Bunchu8 wrote: »
    Is it me or there is a pattern that is starting to develop it self here? Not that long ago I never ever had a problem with the TS4 game but now there is a new bug, loading issue, crashing problems that adds it self to the game with every update or new pack. The same happened to me with TS2 when TS3 was close to release and TS3 going into TS4.

It feels like EA wants gamers to be fed up with their previous version by any means necessary to ensure that the fans will crossover to the next game. This feels even worse knowing that people are really unhappy about what is being said about the next game (yes I'm part of the majority that wants my solo offline game to stay solo and offline).

Am I the only one that gets this weird feeling at the end of a TS era?

If the Sims 4 keeps getting buggier and buggier, why would I have any faith that the Sims 5, which is made by the exact same people, would be somehow of a higher quality?

If somebody says to you, "Man, every time I order a burrito from Taco Bell I get horrible food poisoning, maybe I'll order nachos instead" those are not the words of a rational mind.
    wJbomAo.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    SimSpock wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Microsoft have a big event coming on June 24, 2021 which might mean a Windows 11 coming in the Autumn or next year. They have cancelled all updates and betas apparently until then so I expect any Sims 5 will have to come out after it. It might also be the beginning of the end of Sims 4?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/event

All the new iterations have come around the dates that Microsoft got new OS in the past. Sims 4 was one of the first games that was worked on with Microsoft to be compatible with Windows 10 I remember.

That would mean a major shift. One of the things stressed when I went to a WIN 10 class at Microsoft was that 10 is the last version and it will be kept current via updates. I had one 2 nights ago, so updates are hardly cancelled.

They say currently that they will be supporting Win10 until 2025 but 11 doesn't seem much different from 10 to me. This from Windows Central and they should know. https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/what-is-the-release-date-for-windows-11/ar-AAL4Vin?ocid=uxbndlbing

Windows 11? So much for the constantly evolving Windows-as-service model. Apparently that only lasted until they decided they needed a new cash infusion.

Yes but when Microsoft introduced a major new OS in the past we got a new Sims iteration, so be hopeful! EA's Sims 4 was one of the first games tested out with Win10.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited June 2021
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

If somebody says to you, "Man, every time I order a burrito from Taco Bell I get horrible food poisoning, maybe I'll order nachos instead" those are not the words of a rational mind.

@kwanzaabot Actually a better way of putting it is you order a burrito from Taco Bell that you've been slowly eating for 7 years. Ofc the burrito will go bad and you'll want a fresh one.
    And maybe the new one will be bigger, have more toppings and will come out better than the last.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

@kwanzaabot Actually a better way of putting it is you order a burrito from Taco Bell that you've been slowly eating for 7 years. Ofc the burrito will go bad and you'll want a fresh one.
    And maybe the new one will be bigger, have more toppings and will come out better than the last.

It's not like the game has been the same since 2014, there's been new content in DLC and patches steadily over the past 7 years, and that new content has been consistently been underwhelming. It hasn't been the same burrito for 7 years.

Also Taco Bell--and most companies in fact--sells the same product over and over again. You're not going to get a bigger one with more toppings, because Capitalism does not work that way.

I can tell you earnestly think Sims 5 is going to solve all your problems. But I'm sorry to tell you it won't.
    It's the same people making it, under the same design philosophy, following the business practices set by EA.

It's just not gonna happen, George.
    wJbomAo.png
    edited June 2021

It's not like the game has been the same since 2014, there's been new content in DLC and patches steadily over the past 7 years, and that new content has been consistently been underwhelming. It hasn't been the same burrito for 7 years.

@kwanzaabot Well yes but as the title suggests we are talking about bugs and game instability here. And the Sims 4 has been getting buggier for 7 years, not getting any better. Again bugs are the topic.
    And the more bugs, the less fun the game is, the more people want a fresh game to start anew.

So yeah, if we use the analogy you tried to use about the topic of this thread then it's true. The Sims 4, like a 7 year old burrito, is going bad, is getting buggier every day.

@kwanzaabot Well yes but as the title suggests we are talking about bugs and game instability here. And the Sims 4 has been getting buggier for 7 years, not getting any better. Again bugs are the topic.
    And the more bugs, the less fun the game is, the more people want a fresh game to start anew.

So yeah, if we use the analogy you tried to use about the topic of this thread then it's true. The Sims 4, like a 7 year old burrito, is going bad, is getting buggier every day.

And why are there more and more bugs?
    Maybe it's because of the constant stream of new content being added to it every other month?

Your analogy implies that it's the fault of the game itself merely existing, and not EA's aggressive monetization that has led to 30+ DLC being released with worse and worse QA
    wJbomAo.png
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    Hmm, interesting read. It makes me feel better about having made the decision to stop updating since just before the November disaster last year.
    My game has been running fine.
    So, IF TS5 comes out, is it going to be online joint interaction only, or will we still have to option to play on our own, like we already do?
    *prays that will be a yes*
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    edited June 2021
    Microsoft have a big event coming on June 24, 2021 which might mean a Windows 11 coming in the Autumn or next year. They have cancelled all updates and betas apparently until then so I expect any Sims 5 will have to come out after it. It might also be the beginning of the end of Sims 4?

All the new iterations have come around the dates that Microsoft got new OS in the past. Sims 4 was one of the first games that was worked on with Microsoft to be compatible with Windows 10 I remember.

That would mean a major shift. One of the things stressed when I went to a WIN 10 class at Microsoft was that 10 is the last version and it will be kept current via updates. I had one 2 nights ago, so updates are hardly cancelled.

They say currently that they will be supporting Win10 until 2025 but 11 doesn't seem much different from 10 to me. This from Windows Central and they should know. https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/what-is-the-release-date-for-windows-11/ar-AAL4Vin?ocid=uxbndlbing

Windows 11? So much for the constantly evolving Windows-as-service model. Apparently that only lasted until they decided they needed a new cash infusion.

Yes but when Microsoft introduced a major new OS in the past we got a new Sims iteration, so be hopeful! EA's Sims 4 was one of the first games tested out with Win10.

I'm going to have to do a mea culpa on the Windows 11 cash grab. That's probably still true somehow, but to be fair, I just read that MS is allowing Windows 10 users a free upgrade. I don't know how long it's supposed to last, but I was at a minimum partially wrong, and maybe completely wrong.

TS5 will be designed to work with it. I don't think it will create any new problems for TS4, because presumably TS4 will be tweaked to work with it. I do wonder (maybe fear?) what's going to happen with compatibility for older versions of the game. Hopefully they'll just run a bit faster and have no problems at all.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Bunchu8 wrote: »
    Is it me or there is a pattern that is starting to develop it self here? Not that long ago I never ever had a problem with the TS4 game but now there is a new bug, loading issue, crashing problems that adds it self to the game with every update or new pack. The same happened to me with TS2 when TS3 was close to release and TS3 going into TS4.

It feels like EA wants gamers to be fed up with their previous version by any means necessary to ensure that the fans will crossover to the next game. This feels even worse knowing that people are really unhappy about what is being said about the next game (yes I'm part of the majority that wants my solo offline game to stay solo and offline).

Am I the only one that gets this weird feeling at the end of a TS era?

If the Sims 4 keeps getting buggier and buggier, why would I have any faith that the Sims 5, which is made by the exact same people, would be somehow of a higher quality?

lol, then why did any of us buy the next in the series after TS1 if we can't expect the next one to be better..maybe they get a better cook.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2021

Meh W11 looks cool imo. It always seemed unlikely they'd stick with 10 forever.

And tbf I'm not sure it's desirable either to keep piling onto the same exact system forever, sometimes it's better and wiser to start fresh. Kinda like for TS :p
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

And tbf I'm not sure it's desirable either to keep piling onto the same exact system forever, sometimes it's better and wiser to start fresh. Kinda like for TS :p

I agree. I'm kind of curious and interested in how Win 11 will improve on Win 10. But just to be safe, I bought an external hard drive and made a backup of my whole computer in it. JUST IN CASE, lol!

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

More likely the base game will be just as lacking as previous base games -- at most maybe we'd get fully developed life stages right out of the box rather than having to wait 2-1/2 years for toddlers, and maybe at least some form of open neighborhoods even if not fully open worlds. But you'll still have the same SP/GP/EP model, or if it's online you'll have features you don't want (vampires/witches/whatever) forced upon you since you'll be sharing a Simiverse with other players. Oh, and no mods/CC since you'll be sharing that Simiverse. :/
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

More likely the base game will be just as lacking as previous base games -- at most maybe we'd get fully developed life stages right out of the box rather than having to wait 2-1/2 years for toddlers, and maybe at least some form of open neighborhoods even if not fully open worlds. But you'll still have the same SP/GP/EP model, or if it's online you'll have features you don't want (vampires/witches/whatever) forced upon you since you'll be sharing a Simiverse with other players. Oh, and no mods/CC since you'll be sharing that Simiverse. :/

@stilljustme2 The only base game that was lacking was the Sims 4. The others weren't. lacking base games aren't a rule, they are an exception that started with the Sims 4.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I agree. I'm kind of curious and interested in how Win 11 will improve on Win 10. But just to be safe, I bought an external hard drive and made a backup of my whole computer in it. JUST IN CASE, lol!

Haha well yes, might be safer :joy:
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Simscommunity has some information about new jobs for a Maxis "Project Lotus" which might turn out to be Sims 5. If so it has still a long way to go.

https://simscommunity.info/2021/06/27/the-sims-5-is-likely-codenamed-project-lotus/
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Simscommunity has some information about new jobs for a Maxis "Project Lotus" which might turn out to be Sims 5. If so it has still a long way to go.

https://simscommunity.info/2021/06/27/the-sims-5-is-likely-codenamed-project-lotus/

I wonder why they chose that name.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm not buying it (believing it). Maxis doesn't advertise the name of their 'secret projects' in job listings. It's just not done. If we find out, it is usually by leaks. Never in job listings.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    logion wrote: »

Jovan Jovic who wrote the article looked up what lotus means:
    The Lotus flower is regarded in many different cultures, especially in eastern religions, as a symbol of purity, enlightenment, self-regeneration and rebirth. Its characteristics are a perfect analogy for the human condition: even when its roots are in the dirtiest waters, the Lotus produces the most beautiful flower.-Binghamton.edu

I think that's what Maxis would like it to be, but you know EA will just come in and mess it up somehow (force in online, multiplayer, competition, loot boxes, and other kinds of yuck).

edited June 2021

Jovan Jovic who wrote the article looked up what lotus means:
    The Lotus flower is regarded in many different cultures, especially in eastern religions, as a symbol of purity, enlightenment, self-regeneration and rebirth. Its characteristics are a perfect analogy for the human condition: even when its roots are in the dirtiest waters, the Lotus produces the most beautiful flower.-Binghamton.edu

I think that's what Maxis would like it to be, but you know EA will just come in and mess it up somehow (force in online, multiplayer, competition, loot boxes, and other kinds of yuck).

The sims 4 was called Project Olympus when it was in development but I am not sure that name had anything to do with the game either.

I like the name though I wish they could share what ”Project Lotus” looks like.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member

It feels like they are catching up with the bugs, we are going to get open stairs fixed this month.

But man, game performance is not great. The game lags so much now.

Better get used to it because it looks like we're going to stay stuck in the Sims 4 Era for many many many many more years. I haven't seen anything about Paralives or the supposed Sims-like game from Paradox,and Sims 5 most likely won't come,so for those who want a better Sims-like game will have to stick with older Sims games,Animal Crossing,Miitopia and Tomodachi Life.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Why would you want another game you have wait for years to be how you want it? The Sims 4 doesn’t have everything yet.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Sims 3 was the 1st sims game I started with & I remember back when my Sims 3 was freezing up & became unplayable back in 2013 . I didn't even use any mods or ccs. I used to think that newer meant better, however in 2014 Sims 4 had no basements, no pools & no toddlers. It was a nothing, nothing game in the 1st year. The ever so popular Sims 5 will be the same.
    I will never, ever get a new game in year one. I would recommend to wait until about four years before even considering it.
    Or better yet, wait until it's finished & if your computer can handle it.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    It feels like they are catching up with the bugs, we are going to get open stairs fixed this month.

Better get used to it because it looks like we're going to stay stuck in the Sims 4 Era for many many many many more years. I haven't seen anything about Paralives or the supposed Sims-like game from Paradox,and Sims 5 most likely won't come,so for those who want a better Sims-like game will have to stick with older Sims games,Animal Crossing,Miitopia and Tomodachi Life.
    I am sorry but how is Animal Crossing, Miitopia and Tomodachi Life anything like the Sims?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    Why would you want another game you have wait for years to be how you want it? The Sims 4 doesn’t have everything yet.

@pepperjax1230 1. Because the franchise needs to evolve
    2. Because for me the Sims 4 base is not good so no matter how much DLC comes out it will still be lackluster
    3. Cause bugs and spaghetti code
    4. TS4 has the most DLC out of every sims game, yet it "doesn't have everything yet"? That doesn't sound like a positive thing to me, more like milking.

Yeah this a long era of the sims 4, having played the game since 2014 I think I can safely say that I don't like games that go on forever. I need a bigger change after several years otherwise everything just feels the same.

It's a good thing that there are other game developers that are moving forward and are not stuck making content for the same game for so many years.