Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some EP are incomplete without an others

My first expansion was Get Famous EP which I have received without any better research before. I need to say, that it was mistake. Why? In clubs were microphones, but without City Living, our Sims can't sing. In the gym in DSV we have some rugs as yoga mats, which is obviously unfunctional if you don't have Spa Day. I don't have to add that DSV is ridiculously small and my sims had no space to live and I had no space to add more clubs. Please be aware, that I had only Base Game worlds and Dal Sol Valley. In my opinion Get Famous needs to be improved because this pack has no sense without another packs. I think, that EA knows that only small amount of community has only this pack and they assumed that people will buy another packs to fill (or have another packs which can fill) Get Famous gaps.

Comments

• Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    Sad to say that the only improvements you will see are other packs that will enhance the ones already out. :) Wait until there are sales and purchase the ones you want. I hope this helps and remember to have fun! Happy Simmin :D
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Well, with get famous you get fame, and an actor career, I believe but I can’t remember it has an aspiration and a couple of new lot traits. If you have seasons you can see when award nights are on the calendar. You can even get autographed pictures of the famous people, and there is the boulevard of stars too. I agree, it is much too small of a world, but so is Discover university. And I like how the packs function with each other, they could have made it where they didn’t, and that would have been sad indeed.

At least many of the packs either are or will be on sale soon. Many of us paid full price for most of our packs. The game has been around since 2014. If it’s lots you want, I believe ‘Get Together’ has the most lots, and comes with night club and cafe venues, a DJ booth ( that your sims can use to make money ), and a dance floor. You can even do dance off’s and team dance.and it also comes with the club system. Each sim can belong to 3 clubs I think. It also comes with a 4 person video game, and a few other games. It also comes with some nice wall paper. At least when you buy other packs you will be happy that they are integrated. You will find that many packs come with new and different fish, new types of produce, new types of recipes or new collectible items.

You might want to research Carl’s sims or the sims community ( and I’m sure there are others ), they have good descriptions of the packs. And you tubers, and streamers talk about the different packs as well. In fact , EA has done livestreams for most packs.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited June 2021
    I agree it was an unusual choise of them to put those rugs in the gym. Personally I appreciate it though as it can be difficult to find room for the yoga classes, but sure it's annoying for those who don't own the pack. I have to agree with @GrumpyGlowfish about the microphones though. They are a base game item and meant for telling jokes. The ability to sing with them was added in City Living and it makes sense, but it's not something that should be criticized.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I think the fact that they allowed sims to get famous doing ANYTHING is awesome. Unlike past sims games, GF allowed for celebrity chefs, writers, painters...everything! Older versions it was singers....ok....forgot they were the only celebrities. It works great with all packs or just with base game.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    If anything I think get famous can stand on its own. You can play any type of fame related story you want which is the purpose of the pack. I d say your argument stands true for other packs like Island Living which has a beautifull world but not enough gameplay.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I think this was an interesting thread, because I find the game more interesting when I find ways that one pack will benefit from features of other packs. Each feature will add just a little, so I would hardly get another pack just to add on another pack I already got, instead I tend to see all packs as additions, and once a pack is installed I hardly see it as a pack no more. I think nothing beats how the club system of GetTogether affects all kinds of activities across packs. The fame system is one of many ways to set requirement for club membership.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I found Get Famous to be able to stand pretty strong on it's own. Small world aside, I don't really see a lot of faults with it, since sims aren't restricted in being famous regardless of their profession and there's even chance cards offered for that career for them to be gaining fame from. Even if I didn't have CL, less I wanted my sim to be famous alone for just singing, it's really just a small fraction. The fame system, perks, quirks, and reputation system I found all interesting.

Having rugs as stand-in's for a gym like yoga mat's I wouldn't really call missing gameplay opposed to just having set dressing, which there's a lot of that in Maxis some maxis builds. Don't think anyone would feel this incredible need to buy Spa Day because of fake rugs arranged to look like yoga mats. GF I feel does a very good job in intergrading cross pack functions very fluidly. Only other one I feel does this very well too is Seasons.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited June 2021
    Get Famous comes after the rest of the pack that you've mentioned. For those who have been playing with the game for quite sometimes, it's an additional "bonus" for us to have a cross-pack feature. GF itself is meant to focus on the acting gig & the reputation/fame tier system (that is the USP for this pack), so that being said, all the items that you've mentioned such as the microphone (which is actually for a comedy career) & yoga "mat" which I assume can be a rug (unless you've the Spa Day) are additional items that is functional only if you have other packs. It's considered a "bonus" rather than "useless" items.

So, to "judge" the pack is incomplete is a little bit unfair. We've talked about the size of the world before & obviously, you can add in your own club either by building it or download it from the gallery. Yes, I do understand, not everyone has the pack, but to judge it incomplete without the other packs is not equivalent to have the Cat & Dog with the Pet's stuff. It's totally different in comparison to those.

Since you're pretty new to the game, I reckon to watch the packs review first before purchasing your next pack.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    My main issue with this pack is that there are too few community lots downtown. The two lounges are tied to the fame system and you are left with the gym and the museum and the tiny park.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I don't think you're wrong. The DLC in general is clearly, to some degree, designed with the intention of you buying all or most of it. The only real exception, I think, are some rare packs like Vampires, where it's such a specialized theme, it's kind of in its own little corner.

In theory, there is some good in packs being integrated together. Means the more you add, generally, the more they complement each other. But there is no denying this is also a strategy to break things up and sell more. The My First Pet controversy, along with some of the choices for Kit Packs, have been a pretty clear indication that sometimes it's not about integrating packs as they go, it's about cutting up stuff that would have been integrated anyway and selling it in separate packs.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I am more irritated about the opposite, like how Strangerville doesn't connect with the aliens already in the game (if you have get to work).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I bought GTW six years after release and have had more fun than if I bought it on release. I mean, the aliens have been nerfed and I'm making a packet running a robotics shop.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Well, StrangerVille has nothing to do with aliens, but it does introduce a different kind of plant sim in a way, when regular (lame) plant sims were already in the base game, so not fleshing them out is yet another missed opportunity. I really wish we could have more cross-pack features rather than less... I know that different teams are working on different packs and can't always remember every little thing, but there should be someone whose job is just that. Seasons ruins quite a few features from other packs because no one ever bothers to look at the big picture, including the old-fashioned way of letting your clothes dry in Laundry Day, which came out the same year, because all worlds except the deserts are so ridiculously rainy and you can't place that plum clothesline inside, even with Move Objects.
    Well, StrangerVille has nothing to do with aliens, but it does introduce a different kind of plant sim in a way, when regular (lame) plant sims were already in the base game, so not fleshing them out is yet another missed opportunity. I really wish we could have more cross-pack features rather than less... I know that different teams are working on different packs and can't always remember every little thing, but there should be someone whose job is just that. Seasons ruins quite a few features from other packs because no one ever bothers to look at the big picture, including the old-fashioned way of letting your clothes dry in Laundry Day, which came out the same year, because all worlds except the deserts are so ridiculously rainy and you can't place that plum clothesline inside, even with Move Objects.

Speaking of, that's a cool idea. If you have defeated the Mother, having an actual "Infected" as a Supernatural Type would be cool.
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    I think it was pretty stupid to include singing in City Living and NOT re-introduce it in Get Famous with some improvements (and maybe an active singing career). The Sims 3 first introduced vampires in Late Night and they were kinda "meh" so they re-introduced them with the Supernatural pack and improved them quite a bit.

At the end of the day, Superstar STILL is the best fame EP ever made. Get Famous could've been great, and celebs are pretty cool, but the acting career is mediocre and it's the ONLY career included in the pack, unlike previous fame EPs which included three (Superstar: actor, singer and model; Showtime: singer, acrobat and magician).
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Get Famous is one of the biggest and best EPs. Island Living however is mainly a stage for other packs.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Get Famous is one of the biggest and best EPs. Island Living however is mainly a stage for other packs.

Yeah agreed. It still has an gameplay path you could take to be honest. If there is an incomplete pack I will agree on Island Living. I mean with eco lifestyle I could have a goal like, I would create the dirtiest world in the sims, but in Island Living? Whenever Ii place my sims in sulani I was like, What's next? Atleast snowy escape has hiking and climbing mountains.
    TS1299 wrote: »

Yeah agreed. It still has an gameplay path you could take to be honest. If there is an incomplete pack I will agree on Island Living. I mean with eco lifestyle I could have a goal like, I would create the dirtiest world in the sims, but in Island Living? Whenever Ii place my sims in sulani I was like, What's next? Atleast snowy escape has hiking and climbing mountains.

Everyone is different. I consider Island living a must-have and 90% of my Sims live there. It is by far the best and most beautiful world in the game for one thing, plus it has no snow, which is amazing.

In fact I consider it one of my top three absolutely essential packs together with City Living and Get Together. All other packs including Seasons are far far less important.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

Everyone is different. I consider Island living a must-have and 90% of my Sims live there. It is by far the best and most beautiful world in the game for one thing, plus it has no snow, which is amazing.

In fact I consider it one of my top three absolutely essential packs together with City Living and Get Together. All other packs including Seasons are far far less important.

I agree! I love sulani so much
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @Sthenastia as others have stated Get Famous (GF) does stand on its own. The world is small, I wish they would've given us some beach lots. But one thing that is often forgotten is that the studio lot, which is hidden, is quite large. The microphone is base game and is for comedy. However, if you have a sim who writes, they can become a famous writer and use the base game or the microphone that came with GF and read their books. GF integrates well with the other packs.

As for what looks like a yoga studio in the Gym, I am actually glad it is there. If you have spa day you can easily swap them out with real yoga mats and an instructor shows up, so it saves you from having to build a room in the gym. However, if you don't have spa day you can have your sims do push ups in that space. Or place hot tubs in there.

As for the worlds, I think it is best to think of each GP/EP's worlds as towns/cities that integrate into a larger world.
    fanmademap.jpg

If you only have Base and GF then you have three maps to play with. Since there is a large museum in Del Sol Valley you don't need one in Willow Creek & Oasis Springs - I actually merged all of my museums into that museum sans the ones in San MyShuno - City Living and Brindelton Bay - Cats & Dogs because of their extra functionality. My version is in the gallery if you want to look at it.

Same with the Lounges and Bars. Determine which ones you like and get rid of the others. I would keep the Studio PBP Lounge in Del Sol Valley but you can get rid of the other one and place it's lot type on a lounge in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. Once you consolidate the community lots it will free up some lots for you to customize as you see fit. Also New Crest is a blank town for you to design as you want. You don't have to have the same lots in the other towns/cities. I converted the Museum in Willow Creek into a house for my famous writer sim. I did the same thing with the gym.

It is actually great you only have one EP for now. It gives you a chance to really play all the features of that EP. I hope you have fun with GF.

When you are ready to purchase additional packs, another place to look at getting discount prices for sims EPs is CD-Keys. They have good deals on EPs, but I would wait for a sale for GPs, SPs and kits (if they go on sale), as Origin tends to have better prices. For instance when Origin ran a 50% off sale for Eco Lifestyle, which lowered to the cost to $20 in the US, CD-Keys price was $12.79.

Cheers
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I'd like to add that each pack is designed to be played with only the base game and no other packs. Cross pack functionality is a bonus we need to discover along the road, but not something EA can base the concept on. Just like EA prebuild houses often feel empty and very basic if we have many packs, new worlds may feel a bit limited too. By EA design both houses and worlds are restricted to what each pack + base game offers. So if we have more packs, we will probably have more fun if adding content as we want. I tend to keep new features in the world they came with, but it's actually silly to keep a library in every world, or not to add say karaoke bars outside San Myshuno. With a few packs there will be so many features to spread as we desire, I think we are expected to redesign the lots and worlds - quite cool!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    @Sthenastia as others have stated Get Famous (GF) does stand on its own. The world is small, I wish they would've given us some beach lots. But one thing that is often forgotten is that the studio lot, which is hidden, is quite large. The microphone is base game and is for comedy. However, if you have a sim who writes, they can become a famous writer and use the base game or the microphone that came with GF and read their books. GF integrates well with the other packs.

As for what looks like a yoga studio in the Gym, I am actually glad it is there. If you have spa day you can easily swap them out with real yoga mats and an instructor shows up, so it saves you from having to build a room in the gym. However, if you don't have spa day you can have your sims do push ups in that space. Or place hot tubs in there.

As for the worlds, I think it is best to think of each GP/EP's worlds as towns/cities that integrate into a larger world.
    fanmademap.jpg

If you only have Base and GF then you have three maps to play with. Since there is a large museum in Del Sol Valley you don't need one in Willow Creek & Oasis Springs - I actually merged all of my museums into that museum sans the ones in San MyShuno - City Living and Brindelton Bay - Cats & Dogs because of their extra functionality. My version is in the gallery if you want to look at it.

Same with the Lounges and Bars. Determine which ones you like and get rid of the others. I would keep the Studio PBP Lounge in Del Sol Valley but you can get rid of the other one and place it's lot type on a lounge in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. Once you consolidate the community lots it will free up some lots for you to customize as you see fit. Also New Crest is a blank town for you to design as you want. You don't have to have the same lots in the other towns/cities. I converted the Museum in Willow Creek into a house for my famous writer sim. I did the same thing with the gym.

It is actually great you only have one EP for now. It gives you a chance to really play all the features of that EP. I hope you have fun with GF.

When you are ready to purchase additional packs, another place to look at getting discount prices for sims EPs is CD-Keys. They have good deals on EPs, but I would wait for a sale for GPs, SPs and kits (if they go on sale), as Origin tends to have better prices. For instance when Origin ran a 50% off sale for Eco Lifestyle, which lowered to the cost to $20 in the US, CD-Keys price was $12.79.

Cheers

Did the person who made that map stop doing updates for new packs? It was pretty cool to see the worlds all connected, but I don’t think they kept it up.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I need to add that I have more packs and now I can enjoy Get Famous more, but when I had only that EP i was eally disappointed of fact that I have to buy more expansions to have moe pleasure of this pack. Get Famous expansion without any other packs is really empty.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    troshalom wrote: »

fanmademap.jpg

Cheers

Did the person who made that map stop doing updates for new packs? It was pretty cool to see the worlds all connected, but I don’t think they kept it up.

looks that way from this.
    there appear to be some missing
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon