Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Lagging Issue

sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
This I know has been posted on here before. But I don't know where that thread went.
Anyways, I had started a new game with a new character and was playing this character live mode for the first time tonight. I had sent this new character into CAS several times tonight. I have also gone into build/buy mode at least twice tonight. Now this character does not live in any big houses, and does not have a lot of stuff either. This character has one of those wind turbans for generating power, a pet bowl and chew toy for their dog, vacuum cleaner, a beach towel, a box to store collectables in. That's basically all this character has, besides what came in the pre-made one bedroom/one bathroom house that they live in. Which wasn't much because it's a Maxis made house. That's all the character has, and the game still lags in CAS and build/buy mode. And some times even in live mode, right after exiting from build/buy mode. Another thing about this lagging that I have notice is that it only occurs when the character is on their home lot.
ETA: I was able to get the lagging in CAS to stop by exiting CAS, and then go right back into CAS via mirror or dresser. This is only a temporary work around for the lagging issue in CAS. It does not remove the issue from the game entirely.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    There are so many bugs and things that need fixed on console. I am still not playing My xbox version of the game bc the walls dont work. It was a waste of money to invest in the game for console. I have major lagging problems also on xobox. I am sticking to playing on the PC but I do not have as many packs or fun playing on the PC. I don't know why they wont just fix the stupid bugs in the game for console.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    They said that they are looking into the matter. But I do know one thing, the suggestion that they gave, the one about moving sims into smaller homes on smaller lots with very little stuff that they own doesn't seem to be working. At least not in my game it didn't, and I was playing on the PS4 at the time. Which is why this is here in console. Others have reported having this severe lagging on Xbox One as well. Now I haven't heard anyone posting that they have been having this issue with lagging on the new console, like PS5 and Xbox series X. Unless you were playing on the Xbox series X. Were you spend4zen?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I was able to improve performance in my game by turning off vsync but I guess that's not something you can do on console.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    I was able to improve performance in my game by turning off vsync but I guess that's not something you can do on console.
    Not that I'm aware of. :)
  • Options
    rcm_113rcm_113 Posts: 5 New Member
    To fix the issue on my Xbox one I had to delete half my packs (I’m using 29 now). So I’ve shelled out a lot of money for gameplay I can’t use. 😟

Since I did, that if I save first, before I use CAS or build, the lag goes away. However the longer I play in one session the less this solution works.

As far as the walls not working, this happens after I use CAS (sometimes) and the only solution for that is to restart the Xbox (after I save thank goodness). I’ve learned to save up my CAS visits for groups instead of individuals (sigh).

Also sims are jumping from location to location, swimming through the house, and getting stuck on the furniture. The latest fun glitch is if there is a cat wand in the sims inventory my sim will stop any activity to play with the cat. 😕
    At least the toddlers are eating again 😃
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I've run into issues no matter the size of the save. The new thing with my game is sims pull out their phone, get restaurant meals, or use the vacuum....and all these items appear after the animation is in progress/basically finished. I go to the menu like I'm about save (but don't actually save) and things will catch up, or if I record/screenshot and the items appear. I'm also having the CAS issue with the walls. Then before this it was constant crashes, basically I haven't had a smooth experience playing since Island Living.

I sort of realised around DU that a PS5 w/the SSD care will hopefully be my saving grace, so not feel completely scammed. The game is a buggy laggy mess on console and I'm not enjoying myself because of the performance. This is my worse simming experience and I've invested more in this version than any other and I've been playing since TS1. I went with console because I already had a PS4 and I actually wanted to play on console for the first time ever! I thought it was going to be simple, the game specs were for lower end computers but I was so wrong.

I wish I would have started reading the console threads/HQ bug site before investing during the sales. The issues go way back.
  • Options
    It sounds to me like something in the game is not keeping up with the rest of the game. I don't know if this has anything to do with this lagging issue or not. But earlier today I was building a Moroccan style house using the Moroccan themed stuff from the newly released Kit Pack. I wanted to try out some stone work to see if some of them will match the Moroccan wall covering. My curser went from the wood flooring icon done to the metal flooring instantly, never even stopping off at the stone flooring icon that's in between them. Finally I was able to get the game curser to stop racing by picking one flooring type. And held down the left analog stick in one direction until the curser stop racing.
  • Options
    StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    The lagging isn't an issue on the series x, not so sure about the ps5 but I assume it's the same as Xbox. It seems to be an issue on the older consoles.
  • Options
    The lagging isn't an issue on the series x, not so sure about the ps5 but I assume it's the same as Xbox. It seems to be an issue on the older consoles.
    Glad to hear that this lagging isn't an issue on the Series X console. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top