Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disallowed word?

I'm making a Japanese family. one of their names are disallowed.
Surname is Kaminoki, which means Tree of God
Sim 1 is Fuyunobara, which means Winter Rose
Sim 2 is Sora, means Sky.
Sim 3 is Sukiru, which means Skill.

What's the disallowed word?

Comments

• Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Pretty sure its Sukiru

I once had twins named suki and yuki and got the disallowed word message. I guess the sims team get offended because it has the word 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in it
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    edited June 2021
    and even here it gets blocked *facepalm

s
    u
    k
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    and even here it gets blocked *facepalm

s
    u
    k

That's dumb.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    Pretty sure its Sukiru

I once had twins named suki and yuki and got the disallowed word message. I guess the sims team get offended because it has the word ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in it

The first of those two names is not allowed. I used it once after hearing this name in an American TV show and was surprised to find out that name is apparently inappropriate.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    You can to create a new sim and try to use all of the names to find out which one is disallowed. This could happen only in The Sims :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I would sure like to know how they determine what names are appropriate and which are not.
  • jak135jak135 Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited June 2021
    Suki (im not sure if it'll show up), is a swear in Polish, which is one of the supported languages in Sims 4, so I'm guessing that's why.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    edited June 2021
    Do you mean in CAS that you tried to name a Sim with the word 'S u K' in it and the Sims game itself said no? Because I just named a test Sim 'Godewin Clawc**t' and Sims was fine with that.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    Do you mean in CAS that you tried to name a Sim with the word 'S u K' in it and the Sims game itself said no? Because I just named a test Sim 'Godewin Clawc**t' and Sims was fine with that.

omg that is hilarious xD
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    edited June 2021
    I think you can still use the name, just won't be allowed to upload it.

A lot of things may be inappropriate depending on which language you use. I mean, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is a common name. C o c k s is a common surname. And both get censored here on the board too.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    @RedSunBlues What's even funnier is that Godwin Clawc**t is an actual historical name, along with Gunoka C**tles, Bele Wydecynthe (sounding the same as the other word), Simon Sitbithec**te, John Fillec**t , and Robert Clevec**t. All dating from around 1066 to the middle of the 14th century.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Wait, it's not allowing you to use certain names within the game itself? I had no idea that was a thing. :o

I get the point of having disallowed names/words on forums and in MMOs, and fully support that, but within a single player game? Bizarre.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Yes, it can be annoying.
    If I want to name my sim Anna Lisa, it's OK, but if I name my sim Anna-Lisa, it's considered a bad word because Anna-Lisa.

The game has dirtier mind than I do!
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I'm guessing Sukiru is the banned word also, because the first three letters sound like a word that some people consider inappropriate.

I have a succubus character doing the 100 baby challenge. I named her "Sah Qubus" to get around the restrictions. (I also give each of her daughter a name that ends in "sa" and each of her sons has a name that ends with the "een" sound.)

If your computer can read and write Japanese, write the name in Japanese characters. My daughter does that with the names of all her Japanese characters.

BTW, what sounds better "Sah Qubus" or "Sah Q. Bus" ?

• shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    yeh it has some pretty stupid censoring. u also cannot say "p 00p" but u can say excrements. lol
    poop, poopina, poo
    edited June 2021
    oh u also cannot say "h3II", its pretty lame censoring for us vampire-demons sims creators.
    I guess instead of h3II , you have to say things like "the Underworld" or "Hades" or "Land of the Dead" or whatever.
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    My personal 'favourite' is that Dina and Nina's original mother, has a name created by Maxis, in other iterations, that they have now banned as inappropriate.
  • mrskelleymrskelley Posts: 4 New Member
    I tried to comment "He will succeed. He's very handsome. " Please share what the disallowed word is?