Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Hello everyone. I've been a bit MIA lately. I've been busy making videos and getting exercise by going on long walks around a local lake and playing sims and painting pictures so I haven't been here much. I've gone back a few pages to respond to people who have mentioned me since about June 18th.

I hope you are all well and happily enjoying your games.

About the Sim State mod I'm going to playing with and recording video today.

The builds I'm testing it in are:
    1. My Old Mill Tea Room and Residence. It's on a residential lot.

Old-Mill-Cafe-00009.jpg

Old-Mill-Cafe-00004.jpg

OldMill00023.jpg

BakeryDisplays003.jpg

OMB00002.jpg

I was looking for a pic of the water wheel out back but can't see one right now. I've got a few pics of the build above. That build uses massive amounts of content from everywhere but no 3rd party custom content. It is in my Studio on the Exchange.

I will also test a couple of my bakeries that are on community lots.

I'm looking forward to testing it in my other bakeries. The Green Door bakery probably doesn't need to be tested as it doesn't have a residence with it and it seems to work quite well as a bakery. Not that I have my sims run a business very often. With the NRAAS Cupcake mod this one doesn't seem to need any help.

Bakery.jpg

I will try to see if I can get my sims to live in the flat above the Spectral Bakery.
    Spectral-Bakery0010.jpg
    It works best placed on a community lot and so far I've not managed to have my sims live above it. Mostly I try to exclude the customers from going up there and enjoying it.

The final bakery I'll be testing is my Fantasy Land Bakery. It belongs on a community lot and has a residence above. I want to be able to have my sims live in the residence and not allow customers to take it over.
    Bakery0001.jpg

Both of these bakeries I have on community lots with residences above work beautifully as bakeries as they are. The problem is trying to get sims to live on a community lot. I'll be interested to see if this new mod will do that. I don't think it will but I want to find out be trying it.

When I've done my experiments I'll take notes and list the things I think need changing/fixing just in case someone might like to take on the challenge. If some of those things are not done then I won't be including this mod in my future games. If they are fixed then I think this mod will hugely add to my enjoyment of the game as it lets me play as I had imagined I could in my Old Mill Tea Room and Residence which is why that's the one I've chosen to test first.

@SPARKY1922 today is the day. I plan to spend a few hours working on that video of the new Sim State mod.

@Tamijo thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed my pictures. I'll probably post a few more at some stage.

@bekkasan thank you. I've been really busy and have been making all sorts of videos lately. Now I'm about to get to work on the video to show my thoughts on the new Sim State mod. I'll be testing it in a few of my builds. None of my builds were designed with the mod in mind but I don't plan to be building anything new specially to test it. I have been making new sims for it though. I'm still trying to get a reasonable pic of the newest sim. She just won't look at the camera.

I'm not sure I'll be using the new mod myself either. I will be compiling a list of things that I think need fixing for anyone who might like to take on the challenge of finishing it off. As it is at the moment, I don't think I'll be using it in my games. I've got it in it's own Sims 3 folder so it doesn't affect any of my games I'm using to make videos. The current game I have it in uses my Old Mill Tea Room and Residence build. I will also try it in my Spectoral Bakery, Green Door Bakery and Fantasy Land Bakery. I might try it in my Savvy Seller shops too but don't think they really need it. Once I've got all that testing done I will probably abandon it until, or if, someone tidys it up a bit.

@Brandontaylor thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed my pictures. I think Alfina is pretty too. I've never used that hair before. I almost changed it, then I thought I've never used it before so that's a good reason to use it now.

@GraceyManor thank you. I love the Old Mill Tea Room and Residence too. It was a lot of fun when I was playing in it with a family who had horses and dogs and cats. It was made for pets as well as a tea room. I'm only using part of it at the moment, but that part doesn't work as hoped without this new mod. I'll be getting to work on the video I'm making about that mod shortly. Hope to post it in a few days.

@Puddinroy Hello. I hope you enjoy the video when you get to watch it.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I'm not a regular here and this is in no way a serial story, but was sick of the saves featuring a Sim I made, and just started a new one playing the Goth family when Mortimer was a kid, so it was just him, his teenage-goth-looking mother Cornelia, and his rock-god-looking dad Gunther. And the ghosts of all four grandparents plus the mysterious young adult Lolita who died of electrocution but whose family tree does not show her parentage or any other relations, even though her last name is Goth, and she seems to claim the upstairs bedroom to the right of the landing, opposite Mortimer's. *shrug*

Anyway, my plan was to have Mortimer eventually grow up to marry his best friend, Bella, and thereby re-enact the Mortimer and Bella Goth story somehow.

Mortimer aged up to teen, ahead of Bella, who was at his party,

gRU5GEn.jpg

but I'll play the Bachelor family she's a child of, in order to see to it that she has a party and ages up to teen forthwith. Mortimer's kinda handsome in a grumpy-guss way.

WyWEIqT.jpg

Maybe Bella will go for that dark brooding Twilight-esque thunderbrow look? Her mom being a vampire and all?

Anyway, Bella's big brother Michael was being taught to drive by their dad,

X1nvkKX.jpg

and I can't seem to figure out how to get him back from boarding school, he's glitched so he's at boarding school, but yet wanders the neighborhood and his home, there but not there. And the dad cannot fill his hunger need, either, no matter how much he eats, even the mailbox "make everyone happy" cheat doesn't fill the dad's needs, so he's always upset due to hunger. Hoping it will be magically resolved when I reopen the game.

Cornelia-the-young-goth-mom loves thrills, and enjoyed the king snake and I liked it too so I took a pic, they're cute together:

FSgv0yD.jpg

And she also appears to get abducted all. the. time. so I was ready with the finger on the pause button the next time, and added the alien to the family, and she lost no time in going for a thrillride:

kY0VpWs.jpg
    j0VHGvN.jpg

and the alien in question, when not upgrading his ride for trips to Sixam etc, decided Gunther was irresistable and...they made a little hybrid alien-human baby boy together. Somehow, no one seemed to get jealous, so I was glad. Then Gunther got abducted, this time by a female alien, so I added her to the family too, and the original male alien (whose life wish is to be a heartbreaker) and she got together for some non-hybrid reproduction, and that child isn't born yet. I also wonder if Gunther will be expecting, from his abduction, as it was the male alien who carried the child when he got together with him. I'm realizing there's going to be too many kids in this household if I don't put a stop to it, but am hoping to have Mortie graduated and moved out to uni by then, hopefully with Bella as his sweetheart.

Had a little fun abducting ghosts, with the UFO. :)
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    a few years later(I like to skip babies and toddlers in my stories because they are needy)

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Alistair: Dad, wake up...you promised!
    King Arthur: Your son is awake.
    Queen Belle: Before sunrise, he's your son.
    Alistair: Wake up! Please...
    King Arthur: Alright....I'm up.

Screenshot-10.jpg
    King Arthur: Look, Alistair. Everything the light touches is our kingdom.
    Prince Alistair: You rule all of that?
    King Arthur: Yes, but a king's time as ruler, rises and falls like the sun.
    One day, Alistair, the sun will set on my time here, and rise with you as the
    king.

Screenshot-6.jpg
    Prince Alistair: All of this will belong to me?
    King Arthur: It belongs to no one, but will be yours to protect.
    A great responability.
    Prince Alistair: What about beyond the city? In the shadows?
    King Arthur: You must not go there, Alistair.
    Prince Alistair: I thought a king could do whatever he wants?

Screenshot-7.jpg
    King Arthur: While others search for what they can take, a true
    king searches for what he can give.
    King Arthur: Everything you see, exists in a balance. As king you,
    need to understand that balance.

Screenshot-8.jpg
    King Arthur: We are all connected in the great circle of life...
    Come now, let's go home before your mother worries.

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    @Karritz - How are you weathering the cold snap?

Glad to see more Sims 3 videos on the way from you. The build videos are so informative.

On the other half, it's interesting that Australia News Website has an article on the PNW (Pacific Northwest) Heatwave we're having up here. @Featherbelle and I are broiling - this room is so muggy, the heat is a physical presence just sitting on our bodies.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer fortunately today is not as cold as it's been. One night last week my bare hands were out from under the covers and they were hurting from the cold but only one night was like that. There was snow not too far from where I live but none ever comes to my place. Something to do with geography.

Today is quite pleasant and I'm really pleased the Summer heat is over for a while. I can imagine you finding it extremely uncomfortable at the moment.

I got into the habit of carrying a water bottle with me. I was given two metal bottles that keep the contents hot or cold. During Summer I have another bottle in the fridge and top up my metal bottle a few times a day. The cool water really helps during the hot days and there is no condensation on the outside of the bottle. And the ordinary water bottle has the condensation and the water soon gets too hot to be pleasant to drink.

Now it's cooler weather I don't worry too much about cooling the water in the fridge, but I do still keep the water bottle with me to drink whenever I like.

I'm glad you find the tutorials useful. I'd hate to think I made them and no one got any benefit from them.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    It's 3 am...you know what that means. :warning: Uhh, yeah, I made a saved game in Roaring Heights intended to modernize the town and pretty much immediately got bored of that, soooo instead I just figured I'd hand out some makeovers. My subjects were Nancy Picard and her daughter, Frances. I learned they're both adorable. I aged up Frances and aged down Nancy becauseeee I wanted to.

First, Nancy:
    VvK4spJ.png

YS9CFRs.png

TXYhnGO.png

u5hOQtq.png

Andddd Frances. I was really proud of how her outfit turned out, hence all the dang pictures.
    0littNj.png

F21m2Oo.png

wbN1kRv.png

gYaUyWr.png

hYO79rj.png

r9wJhcZ.png

AeFaR8c.png

And them together for cuteness points:
    CHRLm93.png
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    Hello everyone, here's just a sign of life. I'm busy this week, and it doesn't help that I got my second vaccine shot, which wasn't and still isn't pleasant, to put it mildly. At least that means my first shot worked :smile: . Thank you already for the comments I got, but my answers are still a few days out. I hope you all have fun with the game :smile: .
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Random shots: Elena making faces while she prepares dinner.
    ToT6Ptu.jpg
    12J1M34.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @Karritz

Lovely screenshots, not much of a video watcher but I always love when you
    post screenshots.

@Emily4331

As you know I gave you the title " make over queen" because you
    are fantastic at it.

@Turjan

They can make many funny faces in the game.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    So I placed this dinosaur on my due to a thread that someone created asking about a dinosaur pack as the OP of the thread said that they saw a dinosaur and thought that maybe The Sims 3 had a dino pack out.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991060/dinosar-ex-pack#latest
    rxtXSaQl.jpg
    tucvE4el.jpg

I've turned it around to face Pluto's house so make it look like it's looking at Pluto and the house.
    xgbyWqbl.jpg
    kJ7YbDsl.jpg

After Pluto had put Kira down and went out to get the newspaper, he came back inside so that he can go and read the newspaper but he still hasn't mastered getting off of the elevator yet and landed face first into the floor.
    CaB7suLl.jpg

One the birthday gifts that Kira got for her birthday was a activity table for her to play on as well as some hair and a change of clothing.
    jjelp5Cl.jpg
    GkhDA3fl.jpg

Of course when Pluto had gone out to get the paper and to get his gifts out of the mailbox, he had deactivated the time portal and had it moved behind his garage. But the time portal had reactivated itself and 5 future residents came through.
    7XR89XMl.jpg
    Nus1Tojl.jpg
    CvJkH2ul.jpg
    MJht74rl.jpg
    EQZCG3Ol.jpg

I'm trying to rotate my gameplay which is why I'm posting gameplay from other saves. I also had started a thread over in The Sims 3 Creative Corner for Krusty Karen which I thought I had done that when doing her make-over as I do want to try and play that save as well.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    Random shots

AoLuxxw.jpg

Vance has no family traits and is not junis ( Swedish for june) dad but he loves the kids.

n3jbwrF.jpg

Juni turned into a cute toddler

K9tLKWi.jpg

Mars was very hungry( English word March the month lol)

zwTvPfd.jpg

GhGGeQV.jpg

4tXxA1j.jpg

Juni loved to play in the box as a toddler

oJY4Xxv.jpg

Mars loved the blocks

QezXSCs.jpg

I aged them up after a little while

APmHoYX.jpg

m0FTCq4.jpg

JatHuJw.jpg

He did not love the salad

VKWK6v4.jpg

Much better
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Lovely pics and stories everyone :)

Thank you for all your hard work on this @Karritz I look forward to your video :) I thought we could run any business from home with this mod so keep wondering why a bakery would be any different..
    edited June 2021
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Lovely pics and stories everyone :)

Thank you for all your hard work on this @Karritz I look forward to your video :) I thought we could run any business from home with this mod so keep wondering why a bakery would be any different..

I'm still working on it @SPARKY1922 . I haven't set my bakery items as Set for Sale as required by the mod. I am using the Savvy Seller rugs and bakery displays and bakery register to do that. The bakery register shows bakery items are selling but not many are selling. There are too many individual bakery items for me to click on each of them to set them for sale. Other issue is bakery items inside the glass faced bakery display cabinet can't be clicked on to set them for sale as I have the cabinets pushed up against the wall. I read we could set things for sale in groups but I haven't worked out how to do that yet.

• AnisEB97AnisEB97 Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2021
    In my repopulated Moonlight Falls savefile I have a teenage warlock and a fairy that fell in love and I have to say I really adore their relationship! They're evil and mean-spirited respectively, basically little ***holes, but I still love them.

3xh0725.jpg
    Sharing a cute moment.

CPKaFRK.jpg
    LHMmgOo.jpg
    Completely in love.

o4gcXez.jpg
    Their awkward first kiss.

On their way to the restaurant some random townie decided to give up on life, creating chaos in my repopulated Moonlight Falls:
    r4cdwbU.jpg

Look at all the sad faces on my poor premades!
    SH9mqjt.jpg
    VijXxzB.jpg
    The face of a ruined date:
    Ztcpyk2.jpg

I don't even know what is happening here:
    AsaUGwn.jpg

After their meal my mean fairy randomly decided to beat up some vampire kid:
    nJ91amz.jpg
    Also a werewolf decided to transform in the middle of the mess.

At least the people of Moonlight Falls seemed entertained.
    U1Z6xuh.jpg

She ended up winning the fight!
    fdxSPve.jpg
    And the vampire realized he made a fool of himself in front of the town.
    tDPltyS.jpg

And the couple ended their chaotic day with a dance.
    yCEVUSY.jpg

Nvidia and their updates is killing my game.The antialiasing is terrible! even though I have edge smoothing on.
    3 times this week there was an update for my card...
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    It Doesn't Get Much Worse Than This
    Chapter Two "Coping"

When the dawn rose on the next day; it was met with a determination that we wouldn’t concede to defeat. We chose to press on with our attempts to get items to consign. At first all we were getting were cheap items, perfume, wish-you tissues (By the Watcher, who throws out those things?), stuff that we wouldn’t be able to get anything for. Those went directly back into the dumpster. Or sold off to a passerby. “Hey ya need a box of kleenex, maybe a half used bottle of Chanel No. 5? Five simol...”

“Ewwww get that thing away from me, Are you kidding me?” Well, so much for that entrepreneurial tack...
    Screenshot-68.jpg
    As our dumpster diving experience grew, we were able to grab things like a lamp or a rug that would sell for more simoleons when consigned. Hey, at least it was an illuminating experience owing as to how much we could smell with our heads in the dumpster. And we left a yucky green stench trail as we walked home. If it wasn’t for the fact that we had to deal with the smell because we didn’t have a shower yet to speak of, we would have gladly used an inordinate amount of water to clean the disgusting scent off us. Let’s face it, we frankly stunk. And frankly, if I were a proprietor, I wouldn’t serve us either. It was more than revolting. River and I oft-wondered if we’d ever get the smell off us.

The tent got hot and muggy too. There was no air-conditioner to cool us down. Even if we had one we didn’t have a generator to use electricity and to tell you the truth, with gas prices at §1.72 a liter, it was uneconomical. If you put in 2 gallons of gas for maybe four hours of running...you’d be spending in the neighbourhood of §16 and what would that get you? An iota’s worth of cooling and then you’re back to being hot and miserable again. Trying to gain sixteen simoleons was practically a hit or miss option when it came to finding stuff in the dumpster that might give us a leg up. And the costs of furniture and other items that one needed to start building a house let alone buying a lot sizeable enough to live on were astronomical and the large earning potential options were capped with sizable fines if you took the route of poaching a spotted sixam or a falcon which would nail you a §10K Department of Wildlife and Fisheries fine for sale of a restricted and protected species or consigned a plutonium or tiberium which would more than likely net you a §50,000 fine plus seizure of all restricted items in your possession. So no...one would prefer not to have something like that happen. The §42K top consignment proceeds limit of a tiberium large spire wasn’t worth getting nailed by a §50K fine. We’d have to watch our dog or cat if we ever got either and make sure he/she dropped his/her find somewhere where no-one would know we’d had (past-tense) one in our possession. Shhhhhh...
    Screenshot-43.jpg
    Screenshot-44.jpg
    Screenshot-45.jpg
    Only in the interior rural areas were we able to get some respite from the imposition of the law enforcement that seemed to permeate the urban areas...they would make your life miserable by fining you for all sorts of infractions. If you dropped garbage on the ground instead of in a waste receptacle, they’d nail you for that. If you loitered a bit too long at a location or sat down to use a park bench, they’d hustle you along, telling you to “beat it...” If you were homeless, you weren’t human, according to them. And thus, you were stuck being miserable, out in the elements and in the cold or the heat depending on the season. So we were here in Appaloosa Plains watching the rich people with the horses and farms going off to do whatever it was they do; riding lessons, horse racing, etc. Who knew, all we knew was that we didn’t have that kind of money. Maybe we could bet on the horse races if we had the money to, but we didn’t. Money was too precious to come by and most of it went into our stomachs trying to keep up enough strength to get up and do what we had to do the following day. Maybe life would get better; maybe it wouldn’t. The only thing one could do is just keep getting up the following day and keep trudging through. At least that would make things a bit better in the end...hopefully. At least that was the hope.
    Screenshot-82.jpg
    Screenshot-83.jpg
    In any case, River and I tried to keep our spirits up, whether it was using the cover of a good bush area near a water source to swim in...and at least hope that no-one saw us trying to bathe there. There was also a substantial fine for polluting a waterway. But if you didn’t get clean, you didn’t stay healthy. And becoming sick was a quick trip to the morgue if you were homeless. Colds could quickly turn into flu, flu could quickly turn into pneumonia, pneumonia could lead to lung and organ shut-down. You’d be placed into an in-ground group plot with a bunch of other no-names and no-one could care anything about who you were, what you were about, and why you came to be that way. If you’re a homeless person, you end up being a non-person.

So, River and I took every possible opportunity to stay clean, stay close to a water source and found a way to decontaminate water whether it was via a Puri-Straw that took river-water and purified it to potable/drinkable standards.
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-69.jpg
    We had a cooler so that we could use it to keep stuff if we were lucky enough to have money enough to buy ice...but it didn’t last more than a day so we could only use it on a hot day to keep just enough perishables cool to eat for that day. Then we were back to square one. On the other hand, it could keep enough water in the cooler so that we had drinkable water for a day or two if we boiled it or drank it through the purifying straw.

Our routine became one of get up...eat a fruit or two (an apple) and then go to the nearest orchard to try to see if we could get some more fruits for the next day. We couldn’t get into the firehall and the leisure center wouldn’t allow us in either, so our only bet was to use the washroom facilities at the park and they were closed from 11:00PM to 7:00AM which made things really troublesome if we had to go in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, it wasn’t easy to end up needing the use of the facilities. It was either break in (which was illegal) to the firehall or the leisure center or just find a convenient bush to use as a toilet which might net you a fine for indecent exposure. After all, if you gotta go, ya gotta go.
    Screenshot-56.jpg
    If one couldn’t, then well, other problems propped up...such as kidney failure – dialysis and eventually death. But then nobody really cares, do they? It’s just a homeless person, not an asset to society, anyways.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited June 2021
    @SPARKY1922 @GraceyManor and others who might be interested

I spent most of today working on playing games with the Sim State mod.

I recorded some video and took notes. Tomorrow I'll try to put it all together and start on a short video.

I think mostly it works well if the business is on a community lot. Most of the frustrations I had on the residential lot were functioning as hoped when the business was on the community lot.

It seems the employee still needs to be called in each day but she now goes home autonomously at the end of the day. Having to call her to go to work in the mornings probably allows you to decide if there is a need for her on any one day. You can send them home any time though. But you do have to pay their wages.

I sent one of my sims to the bakery and told him to purchase food from one of the bakers displays. The food disappeared from the shelf and reappeared in his inventory and he ate it. The store manager then came along and restocked using the Sim State macro. I had not marked the food as Set for Sale. So that saved a lot of work. The bakery food sales still seem to work as designed by the original bakery but the employee store manager restocks when she gets around to it using the mod. I didn't see the baked goods being deleted overnight nor did I see cupcake mod restock autonomously. The restocking now seems to get done by store manager or you can do it using cupcake by clicking on the shelf and choosing to restock from the cupcake pie menu.

Anyway, I've had enough for today. I'll get back to making the video tomorrow. I'm sure others will find lots more than I did.

I think it would probably be interesting to make a lot designed specifically for the mod and see how it functions. I just used two lots I had already made several years ago. They are both in my Studio on the Exchange. They use massive amounts of store content and items from various Expansions and Stuff Packs but there in no 3rd party content in them.

Fantacy Land Bakery - on a Community Lot
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8188930

Old Mill Tearoom and Residence - on a Residential Lot
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8400389

That's it from me for now

Happy Simming All
    edited June 2021
    Has anyone ever had a townie ask your sim to move in with them? I vaguely remember that
    and I been trying to get this one townie to ask me in my save but I can't seem to trigger it.

Anyways, in my non story save

Screenshot-40.jpg
    This is Ariel, I based her off of the little mermaid, she's virtuoso, hopeless romantic,
    shy, and bookworm.Trying not to use cheats in this save, and its really hard!

Screenshot-33.jpg
    And I decided to pursue the first sim I was deciding on, his name
    is Nathaniel. He's a sim that came with Setra.I tweaked his hair a bit.

Screenshot-44.jpg
    Loving Setra so far, for the longest time I kept skipping over it, glad
    I caved.Such a beautiful world!
    Karritz wrote: »
    @SPARKY1922 @GraceyManor and others who might be interested

I spent most of today working on playing games with the Sim State mod.

I recorded some video and took notes. Tomorrow I'll try to put it all together and start on a short video.

I think mostly it works well if the business is on a community lot. Most of the frustrations I had on the residential lot were functioning as hoped when the business was on the community lot.

It seems the employee still needs to be called in each day but she now goes home autonomously at the end of the day. Having to call her to go to work in the mornings probably allows you to decide if there is a need for her on any one day. You can send them home any time though. But you do have to pay their wages.

I sent one of my sims to the bakery and told him to purchase food from one of the bakers displays. The food disappeared from the shelf and reappeared in his inventory and he ate it. The store manager then came along and restocked using the Sim State macro. I had not marked the food as Set for Sale. So that saved a lot of work. The bakery food sales still seem to work as designed by the original bakery but the employee store manager restocks when she gets around to it using the mod. I didn't see the baked goods being deleted overnight nor did I see cupcake mod restock autonomously. The restocking now seems to get done by store manager or you can do it using cupcake by clicking on the shelf and choosing to restock from the cupcake pie menu.

Anyway, I've had enough for today. I'll get back to making the video tomorrow. I'm sure others will find lots more than I did.

I think it would probably be interesting to make a lot designed specifically for the mod and see how it functions. I just used two lots I had already made several years ago. They are both in my Studio on the Exchange. They use massive amounts of store content and items from various Expansions and Stuff Packs but there in no 3rd party content in them.

Fantacy Land Bakery - on a Community Lot
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8188930

Old Mill Tearoom and Residence - on a Residential Lot
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8400389

That's it from me for now

Happy Simming All

Thank you @Karritz I am looking forward to your findings and I can use whichever one of your lots you think is most suitable for this testing as i have your whole studio downloaded/saved/backed up anyway :)
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I saw a video of this girl trying to recreate this cat-like look this other girl had going on on Tik Tok. I thought the look was cute, so I made a sim and tried it out. Sim's name is Tsveta Zhikov (Honestly, doing fairly well learning how to read and, therefore, spell in Cyrillic, so for funsies her name is Cyrillic would be Цвета Жиков :3 )

rZhWfBY.png

aHt2HOe.png

6CRODHo.png

Also, I gave her cat-like traits, including coward, so her photoshoot was cut short by the ITF portal spawning and scaring the cr.ap out of her. :sweat_smile:
    AvHYUlV.png
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    My sim is currently working on restoring his car :)

Screenshot-61.jpg
    Screenshot-63.jpg
    Screenshot-64.jpg
    @SPARKY1922 I have been playing a bit more this morning. I've come to the conclusion it is more fun to play with this on a residential lot. And that the problems I had on the residential lot are there on the community lot as well.

Most of my sales are bakery items and the preserves and jam.

I was thinking of building a new shop with no bakery items on it but I think I'll leave that to someone else as I have so much else to do.

I'll stop playing now and put together a video.

Happy Simming
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited June 2021
    5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

13.png

14.png

15.png

16.png

18.png

He heckled her with his free will. :D

• SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,140 Member
    Sorry it takes so long to finish this part! I wanted to send them off Leya wanted them to go for a seven day long vacation, because just one or two day vacation would be odd (and to make sure they had time to meet/visit Leyas relatives.) After this, only two days left before they go back home..

Chapter 11.4 - July Summer Holiday - Day 5. Youtube video (inside spoiler): Greenland Whalefishers - Nothing to say. This is how imagine the band sounds when they play. Merethe has really improved her skills on the keyboard, playing both the flute and the fiddle parts. ;)

Today was Summer Festival Day in Bewickton, so it was time to head to the park again to enjoy the festivities! Leya had invited all of her family to join the festival, and this time Palash actually showed up too.

E3HNfBR.jpg
    Picture: Row closest to camera, left to right: Leya and her father Deepak.
    Row farthest away from camera, left to right: Udisha and Palash.

ZtVHNA0.jpg
    Gaute went straight for the skating rink. In the background local band The Bushweeds were lucky to get their first perfomance gig at the festival! Not much audience for them though this early in the day, but atleast they are getting paid for the job..

qy92E5k.jpg
    It is clear that this is the band is not very experienced with performing, as they were all pretty nervous before getting on stage, and Gerda (the guitarist) is still struggling with some stage fright. This makes her act a little contrary to her usually extroverted party animal self by turning her back towards where the audience should have been. Hopefully she will warm up eventually.

JRSr0yM.jpg
    Oh yeah, that's more like it! Now for next years festival, maybe they should hire some security staff to prevent the audience from going up on stage with band. Leya is standing in the back there behind the piano player. Nitya, Leyas younger sister in front all the way to the left... and this guy in the green top tank is blocking my view of the drummer...

But all in all the band is delivering a pretty solid performance for their first time truely playing in public! I can only see that they will get more popular after this. :)

XGASuR4.jpg
    Gaute is watching Leyas parents (Deepak and Laranya) as they flirt with each other. I can't decide if this is cute or weird. :P

pEppV9X.jpg
    Bodil finally picked up the courage to go for the skating rink alone without Gaute being there to assist her. Leya and Nitya is still up on stage watching the band play..

HtFZvKM.jpg
    Palash is just standing there, watching one of the balloon decorations. He's not watching the concert or hanging out with any of the others. Just walking around seemingly in his own world. He has always been a little weird...

It's hard to keep track of many sims at the same time, so I don't know where Udisha went, or if Bhavan (Leyas fire fighter brother) has even been there at all. Atleast they were all invited. If Bhavan isn't there, he's probably at the fire station...

5PdSAlK.jpg
    I'm just gonna show one more shot of the band, because I like them so much. Leya is still standing there in the back watching, behind that Pincher-Peddler-Penny-Pincher whatever her name was... :P

utOMR0W.jpg
    The band just finished playing, and Gerda (the guitarist and front figure) appears super happy about this gig, and possibly already has an idea for the band's next song. Nitya, Leyas sister, apparently wants to be on camera too, so I let her...

bZ4xU81.jpg
    Merete Sagmo, the keyboard player, is thinking about the money they just made. Leya is still standing up on stage, behind the fence.
    j3N4PVA.jpg
    Bodil on the skating rink has found a new mentor in local resident Ragni Sara.

Aom63Up.jpg
    „I want to try the keyboard, it looks so much fun!“ says Nitya. Oof, where is security when you need them... that keyboard is not yours to play! ;)
    Sam Mæle (bass player): Hmm, not bad.. maybe she can join the band as a back-up piano player!
    No, actually, to put it bluntly.. she is pretty terrible... she should probably stick to painting, and you shouldn't be digging that.. :P

FQErVNQ.jpg
    Leya: Oh no, my sister is making a fool of herself!
    Kajsa (the drummer) is standing right behind Leya, and quite frankly, she is a little intimidating.. maybe Nitya should drop the keyboard playing just to make sure..

cJnGjWR.jpg
    Looks like Bodil has made a new friend in this Eivor Mortensen. I'm guessing she has the childish personality trait...

sLlDx7d.jpg
    And surprisingly, Gaute has already gone back to the hotel from the festival, when I was expecting him to want to stay there the longest.

JDcBwjF.jpg
    Leya has found her sister Udisha for me, so she is still there...

q1aEzTH.jpg
    ..but then she should probably also find a toilet. So she decides to go back to the hotel as well. Probably not a bad idea, it has been a long day...

OacvU0y.jpg
    Haha, right on! But it's probably time for you to go back to the hotel as well soon, Bodil. Please follow your mom.. :P
    The festival grounds have closed, party is over for today. Good night. ;)

Overview of their hotel room:
    WkslNLz.jpg
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
    Thank you @Karritz

I am so pleased to hear it works on a home lot as as that was how I was going to start playing after watching the videos of the mod. I look forward to your own video and again thank you for all your hard work on this :)
    edited June 2021
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Thank you @Karritz

I am so pleased to hear it works on a home lot as as that was how I was going to start playing after watching the videos of the mod. I look forward to your own video and again thank you for all your hard work on this :)

I've got the video started but am about to turn the computer off and get some sleep. After watching a bit of TV.

There is an issue with the mod that I hope someone can fix and will be prepared to fix.

The baked goods all work fine. I don't mark them for sale and they sell and the store manager restocks them using the mod.

The jams and preserves from grandma's preserve making oven thing sell very well and get restocked but I have been marking them for sale.

Other items in and around the lot sell when marked for sale.

Problem is they don't all stay marked for sale. Anything that needs to be marked for sale needs to be clicked on and checked if it's marked for sale and that is really annoying. They are green which is supposed to indicate they are marked for sale but when clicked on the sim can only view or NRAAS. If they were marked for sale the sim could buy them. So each sim day or two every single item that needs to be marked for sale must be clicked on to check, and then marked for sale if necessary. If that doesn't get fixed then I probably won't use the mod. But, it is a lot of fun on a residential lot. I found the community lot a bit boring but I'm not really interested in running a business to make money. With the Residential lot the household lives there and they are all available to be played. When there is a separate community lot they all stay home in their residential lot. They still won't live in the flat above the shop. So even the business owner heads off home soon after arriving at the store. I had to hire a townie to be store manager to have a sim there to restock. So it's just sit and wait for customers and watch the townie restock. Or go off and play the household at home and ignore the business. That's why I strongly prefer to play with it on a residential lot. It is fun to have all of those townies turn up and buy stuff.

It'll probably be a couple of days before the video is ready.

Happy Simming

EDIT: With the community lot version the shop is much busier and more fun during the night. All the homeless sims come in and eat and buy stuff with the lights out. The lights all go out for the entire lot at closing time. That's a bit annoying too as it is difficult to get them to go back on and stay on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top