Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thirty Grandchildren Badge Attempt - ongoing so it now has its own playlist

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    I've been working on Episode 30 of the 30 Grandhcildren Badge attempt. I was planning to have the romance, the decision to become boyfriend/girlfriend, the bachelor party, the bachelorette party and the wedding all in the second half of this episode.

The result is a huge fail. I have about 5 minutes to squeeze the final 2 hours of recorded video and make it a fun video. So much fun and funny stuff happened. I already got the first hour of recorded video down to 14 minutes. But there is so much to show you I think I'm going to break it into two videos since I am trying to be consistent and have approximately 30 minutes videos.

The other thing is I don't want to leave all of the others in the household out of the video because when Wilfred and Wendy return to Cake Island I'm not planning for anyone to visit the Great Southern Land until after Dave and Darryl have married Demetria and Delores. And that could be another 2 or more episodes.

When I sent Wendy and Wilfred home they took the cats with them. So the household in the Great Southern Land is now smaller.

Anyway. I'll get back to the video tomorrow. I'm turning the computer off now.

Happy Simming all.
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@Karritz haha Yes It must be like cooking in batches, to round up and have so many doing the same thing so you can Know it's being done!!! I would do it that way too if I had so many to care for!!!

Oh I can relate to not getting something you thought would be awarded and becoming suddenly Determined to get it!!!

''Finally I read up on it and discovered it's best done with a male sim as the sim having 15 babies must stay put in the same household an that household must remain the active household. So I put him in a house and made him 5 female sims with traits that would make it easier for him to have babies with them all at the same time. Each female was living in a separate house. I got the badge but it wasn't trouble free. One of the ladies caught him out with the others and refused to have the fifth baby with him so another of them had to have one more. I got the badge. I don't know where that save is at the moment. I might track it down one day and add that lot to my huge collection of sims.'' OMG I Love reading this! hahahaa She Refused!!! :D I love your sims so much!!!!

Yes this certainly is a fun and amusing way to go about getting the badge, I really hope it gets awarded! I love how you walked me through your process, so interesting and entertaining too!!!
    TY !!! :)

Great Pics! :)
    The 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Episode 30 is now available for you to watch on YouTube

https://youtu.be/5lDRFXZ-w9U

The entire episode is set in The Great Southern Land Beta by @Frogprincess_q

All 11 members of the household plus 2 cats are seen around the house and elsewhere.

The video begins with all 11 of the sims dancing or playing horseshoes at the Spring Festival after their egg hunt seen in Episode 29.

We see them working on skills, reading books and enjoying each other's company.

Lionel-And-Mark-Reading001.jpg

Bonehilda-Awakens001.jpg

Clara-And-Rachel-Gardening001.jpg

In the second half of the video the focus is on Wilfred and Wendy. They start out this episode as Best Friends but by the end of the episode romance has changed their friendship and they eventually become engaged.

Their bachelor and bachelorette parties and wedding and eventual return to Cake Island will happen in Episode 31.

Happy Simming

@Karritz Oh what a joy, I've just poured my morning cuppa and am watching your new video!

I like the Sunset Valley festival the very best out of all of them!

LOL a pet rock! which EP did that come with I wonder? I remember when they were popular in the stores lol.

haha good ol Bonehilda! LOL she kicks over the gnomes then picks them back up! and I like seeing her dancing! Hope she won't be a troublemaker, I am glad so many got the points for buying her!

omg ''it was dark and it was late and Chris was missing'' with that music you chose, was soo dramatic and fun how you said that!!!😃👏👏👏

I love the dome! :)

Your rollercoaster with 4 loop de loops is so intricate and wonderful in your blue waters fun park! That was great doing some close ups!

It is sooo great to see the romance begin between Wilford and Wendy! 💖 It really is nice that they have been best friends for so long!

That's the 1st time I have seen bugs on the roller skating rink (when Karen skates!)

Ahh I just love seeing more romance, it is sooo nice! And a proposal! how wonderful! I think these two will make such a great married couple and have such cute babies!

That is beautiful seeing them watch the stars, with the fire flies! Oh! will o wisps! :)

Just such a lovely video Karritz! I really enjoyed it! Great job!!!
    @DivaDoodle thank you for your comments. Here is the next episode. I hope you enjoy it too. There are a lot of happy sims dancing in this episode.

The 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Episode 31 video is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/_Zr1AD6qBck

We get to know a few of the townies in this video. They are guests at the three parties that form the majority of the video.

Firstly we meet up with Wilfred and Wendy at the Dome where they have been alone together and have just got engaged to be married.
    Wilfred plans a bachelor party and we see some highlights from the party which is attended by numerous townies, most of whom Wilfred doesn't recall inviting to his party but they all enjoy themselves.

Bachelor-Party001.jpg

Then Wendy hears about the bachelor party and decides she ought to have a bachelorette party and she organises her party with much better control of the guest list. A few of Wendy's female friends show up and they have a great time dancing together at the Cake Pleasure Dome.

Bachelorette-Party005.jpg

Bachelorette-Party006.jpg

Finally Wilfred and Wendy arrive at their wedding venue with other members of the Potential Spouses household and a few of their townie friends. By this time some of the townies will be familiar to you as they have been dancing at two parties already.

Wand-W-Wedding-Wendy-Wilfred-Chris-Clarice-Mark.jpg

Wand-W-Wedding-Sally-Clarice-Karen-Mark-Penny.jpg

There are some interesting goings on at the three parties but overall it is just a fun video that fulfils the need for Wilfred and Wendy to get married and move out to live in their own home in Cake Island.

Clara, the unstable Imaginary Friend made real, features quite prominently in all three parties as she rotates through a variety of outfits. She's currently insane. I think her traits are going to need an overhaul before she is allowed to move out of the house to live on her own in Cake Island.

Happy Simming

I hope you enjoy the video.

@Karritz Oh the pictures are wonderful! I will watch it tomorrow on the big TV!

The parties look really FUN!

I had a good time with the unstable trait, but I think it will be best if the unstable part can get changed! LOL :D
    @Karritz we watched that night on the big TV! I was on my hubby's account and we liked it and he subscribed!

I Just LOVED all the dancing on the table tops! gosh I wish I could move like That! LOL

the sound was terrible because of our hideous sound bar that came with the TV, but once I put in ear buds it was perfect as usual!!! and I so love your voice!!!

Great Update!!!
    edited May 2021
    @DivaDoodle thank you. When you said you were going to watch it on your Big TV I wondered if your husband would watch too. Thanks to him, and you, for subscribing.

I wish I could move like that too. And get up and down from those counters. I thought the second party was more fun to watch than the first. You never know with sims what they are going to get up to. I didn't tell them to dance on the counters. I just watched and waited to see what would happen.

I'm almost sad to say goodbye to that lot but it won't be for much longer. The series has to move on. I have people waiting for me to get back to work on a few other series and I want to get this one finished before I do. So the bridal couple are now settled into their own home in Cake Island II.

My voice isn't going so well at the moment. I haven't done any singing at all for over a year now. I really need to get back to it. I can't get to choir practice while my son needs my car to get to work as his shifts are all over the place. 24hrs 7days a week. They just tell him when he's needed. So I am stuck at home.

I've started on the next video. I've got Delores and Derek in Isla Paradiso. I added a new venue to IP world. I've added it to the Great Southern Land too. It is one I made fairly recently for the Caroline and Friends series. It was originally made in Isla Paradiso so I have put it back onto its original lot.

It's been a bit hard going at first and I am at a bit of a loss to start with but I think they are warming to each other. They should as they have a few traits in common. They have 8 days to decide if they want to stay together or not.

Not much of Daryl's personality is coming out yet but I'm sure it'll happen.

They are sleeping at the moment. I'll probably get back to them tomorrow. At least I've got them to move from barely acquaintenances to being friends.

Here are a few Pictures of what they've been up to so far.

They are in a huge luxury houseboat. It has 2 bedrooms. I've not had sims in this one before so it's new to me.

Here is Daryl climbing between decks.
    Daryl001.jpg

Daryl was awake first so he prepared breakfast of waffles. I think he has a fairly good cooking skill and the waffles seemed to turn out well. Here are Daryl and Delores eating their breakfast.
    Delores-And-Daryl001.jpg

They went to the beach after breakfast and I wanted them to swim but they don't seem to like swimming.
    Delores-And-Daryl-Sunbathing001.jpg

After they'd had a swim I told them to go the the new venue I just placed. It is a bowling alley. The locals started turning up soon after Daryl and Delores arrived. I find it is always popular and lively when I send sims to it. I was planning to use it in the Great Southern Land soon. I already placed it in the world but haven't sent any sims to it yet.

Delores-And-Daryl-Driving001.jpg

Delores-And-Daryl-Bowling001.jpg

Delores-And-Daryl-Bowling002.jpg

Delores-And-Daryl-Bowling003.jpg

Then I told them to go snorkelling. I want them to dive but the need to get to level 2 scuba diving skill first. So they need to snorkel first. They didn't really want to do this either. Shades of when Alecia and Dennis went diving on their vacation. Alecia left Dennis down there and went home. That's what Daryl did to Delores. Maya Ocean turned up and I wanted Daryl to talk to her but he shot straight to the surface and went home to read something on his tablet. But Delores was happy to chat.

Delores-And-Dary-Snorkeling001.jpg

Maya Ocean had no scales or mermaid tail so I fixed that. I think I recorded how I did it so if it looks OK will leave it in the video. I do have a tutorial specifically about fixing that problem. It is quite popular.

Thanks for your support and feedback.

Happy Simming

@Karritz I love that about the simmies, we never know what they will do next! :smiley:

Oh my, I would go crazy if after 8 days they didn't want to marry! But already being friends is a great start, so I think it will happen, sending them off together, is just such a brilliant plan! I also think slow dancing together brings them closer in bonding!

I love the bowling lot!

I find my sims will always like swimming if it is summer, but I don't know if that will effect the seasons back home or not.

Paradisio is just so beautiful, I adore the water there in your pics!!!

Glad you fixed Maya Ocean! :)

I am playing a new family and just saw Louise walk by their house, Somehow Louise already knew this new household (well she IS amazing! But I didn't know she had that power!)

I got this pic, LOL Louise!!!! <3
    kJnRNDX.jpg
    @DivaDoodle I've noticed the seasons in the world they visit are not necessarily the same as the world they live in. The game remembers what season it was last time sims visited and the season just continues from there. It is Summer in Isla Paradiso at the moment.

It is nice to see a pic of Louise. She does seem to keep up to date with whatever's going on around her. Maybe she's always on the lookout for someone to flirt with. In my original game she could make one of the Paparazzi run away by just walking towards him. Unfortunately a new paparazzi would show up to take his place after a few minutes.

I was just reading through your Watcher Watches thread. But I need to shut down now. It's almost 1:30 am. Need to get some sleep.

Happy Simming
    30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Episode 32 is now available on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/9AYq3woQVCQ

In this episode we will get an update on all of the married couples in the 30 Grandchildren main family. Then we have a tour of the new house Wilfred and Wendy have moved into after they return from The Great Southern Land where they were married in Episode 31.

Derek and Delores leave for their vacation in Isla Paradiso and choose to live on a luxury houseboat while on vacation. Their fist day in Isla Paradiso begins with Derek cooking them a hearty breakfast which they eat together then they decide on what to do that day. We join them as they visit the beach then a bowling alley and finally go scuba diving where they meet a mermaid, Maya Ocean.

I hope you will enjoy the video. It runs for approximately 31 minutes.

Happy Simming

@Karritz lovely watcing your newest video!

I LOVE seeing them standing there with toddlers and doing their animations!!!

What aa beautiful house!

I like the house boat and of course their lovely surroundings!

Oh I like that eating together mod as well!

haha I love the twizzy too!

It is really cute how Derek loves splashing in the water!

Cute bowling alley venue you made! It's really fun to see them bowl in video!

That was nice there with the calypso music in the back ground!

It such a nice vacation with so many fun things to do! Now diving in that gorgeous water!

I hope they get closer as they continue their vacation! I know in my heart it will work out! <3
    30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Part 33 is now available for viewing on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/VasrxWjwfL8

Delores and Daryl are enjoying their vacation. They visit two roller coasters in this episode and ride them both. Delores does two keg stands with the able assistance of Daryl - sort of able assistance of Daryl. In spite of a few mishaps along the way they are growing accustomed to each other and flirting and some romancing has begun. There was too much going on to squeeze it all in this episode so expect their vacation to continue into the beginning of the next episode.

Red-Roller-Coaster002.jpg

Vacation-Home.jpg

In this episode, apart from riding roller coasters, doing keg stands and riding a carousel they go scuba diving and explore two dive lots and meet a mermaid. They met Maya Ocean in episode 32 and in this next episode they met Mia Azul.

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,013 Member
    @Karritz I enjoyed the video about Delores and Daryl, episode 33. Awesome amusement park! Fun to see Delores on the gyroscopic. I didn't use it very often, so didn't know about all the different options. I always loved that carousel. Great diving scenes. Isla Paradiso is a beautiful world. That roller coaster is amazing. :)
    @lanlyn thank you. I was finding this pair a bit slow and suddenly thought of that Carnival on the Water park because I built it on the lot I placed it on in Isla Paradiso. There are a lot of other things that can be done on it but I thought Dolores and Daryl did enough there. I will have them engaged and back home in the next video. I'm planning a family wedding for them in Cake Island before moving them to their own home. I still have to find a house for them. There are a few empty houses left but they are getting smaller.
    @Karritz Looking forward to the wedding! I remember your family wedding celebrations are awesome. :)
    30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Episode 34 is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/y_i-DW5XvP0

This has a lot in it. It follows on from episode 33 and at the start of the episode the couple, Delores and Derek, are alighting from their roller coaster ride in The Bluewaters Fun Park. They go on to a few activities at the fun park that include a slow dance, a visit to the Love Inspector and the Wishing Well before there is a proposal. By the time their night of activities is over the sun has come up and they head off to The Carnival on the Water where they have another roller coaster rids, Daryl tries a keg stand and they use another Love Inspector. They play a few arcade games in the games room. At the end of the day, after dark, they go scuba diving where they meet up with Triton King. Next day is the final day of their vacation. Daryl goes off for a swim while Delores visits the Festival. Daryl goes scuba diving and meets another mermaid, Maya Ocean. They chat for a while before Daryl remembers Delores, and his desire to find her a special sea shell. So he says his goodbyes to Maya Ocean and heads for the beach. Maya Ocean heads for the same beach and Daryl is captivated by the beautiful mermaid. When he finally comes to his senses it's already dark and he rushes off to find Delores. On his way he spots a black unicorn and he is distracted. He decides to watch the unicorn for a while. In the meantime Delores is beside herself with worry about him. When he calls her she rushes to the Lucky Fishing spot to see this unicorn he's going on about. She decides there is no way that thing is going home with them. Then the trip is over. They return to Cake Island II. Their big wedding is the next day.

Maya-Ocean-And-Daryl.jpg
    Daryl and Maya Ocean scuba diving

Bride-And-Groom-With-Brides-Parents.jpg
    The bride and groom with the bride's parents

The-Big-Wedding001.jpg
    The wedding party with the bride's unmarried siblings

The sim's voices are featured more in this video than in previous videos in the series. I hope you enjoy watching it.

Happy Simming
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Karritz: Awesome video
    :) Smile!

Puddinroy wrote: »
    @Karritz: Awesome video

Thank you. I'm working on the next one now. The weddings are speeding up as there are less sims to keep my busy in the main household.
    @Karritz RE: 30 Grandchildren Badge, episode 34. I enjoyed the "next-level" romance between Delores and Daryl. The slow dancing and music was sweet. Fun message from the Love Machine. I liked the fountain and wishing well on the lot. Awesome park. Good spot for the proposal. Amazing red and white roller coaster and fun house arcade. I liked the dive scenes with Triton and Maya. Loved the unicorn and pond. Beautiful wedding and reception. Great attendance. Cute white boots on Delores. Nice family photos too. Thanks for sharing!
    edited August 2021
    30 Grandchildren Episode 35 is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/pTq0IikFq18

In this episode Demetria and Dave conduct their romance at home rather than going on vacation. They have their wedding near the end of the episode. The other main activity is the final three imaginary friends are made real. We have a look around Cake Island and visit the gym, pizza place and nectary that come with the world. As you can probably imagine, they are in Cake island so think Cake when imagining their architecture.

In the end Coby and Sharonda, accompanied by the three new imaginary friends made real, head off to The Great Southern Land where Coby will meet and marry Clarice and Sharonda will meet and marry Stan and the imaginary friends will begin learning their skills and reading books that will prepare them for live on their own in Cake Island.

We are getting close to the end of this.

Happy Simming

EDIT:

The final 3 imaginary friends made real

Lucy-Cameron-Bruce-Imaginary-Friends.jpg

Lucy, Cameron and Bruce
    @Karritz I watched 30 Grandchildren Episode 35. Fun to see Cake Island again. Very unique world, but it has some great homes and lots. LOL at all the imaginary friends! They all look different in human form though. I love Delores and Daryl's home. The IFs who took on human forms have a variety of personal traits. I like that. The will-o-the-wisps were cool. The proposal was romantic with the wisps circling them. Lovely wedding venue. The reception room was so colorful. Beautiful. Good luck to newlyweds Demetria and Dave and all the others starting new phases of their lives!
    @lanlyn thank you. I tend to keep whatever traits the imaginary friends get by default. Occasionally I might change one or two but there has to be a special reason. One of the IFs who is in The Great Southern Land (where Episode 36 will be set) has the unstable trait and is being a bit of a problem. I'm thinking of changing one of Cameron's traits too as I think Loves the Heat might be a bit of a waste of a trait. I'll think about it.

The will-o-the wisps must be from a fog emitter I think as they are there all the time and can't be caught.

I'm trying to get this series completed asap now. The household is getting a lot more manageable now it is down to around 8 sims. I haven't played the game for it yet, but I am expecting to have two sims married in episode 36. That will leave only 5 more to go. I'll try to marry off 2 an episode. If I do manage to do that there will only need to be 3 more episodes, unless we can squeeze in 3 in one episode without spoiling the fun.

I'm thinking of trying to incorporate most, if not all, of the sims in the main household and the imaginary friends made real, into my big game. There are a few of those Imaginary Friends I'd like to play in a game at some time. They could turn up in Oscar's Teen years or some other game.
    @Karritz Amazing that you're so close to your badge goal now. Great job! Are you going to have a family reunion so you can take generational photos? That would be awesome. :)
    @lanlyn thank you. I suspect there will be lots more photos to come. Even if I have to transport everyone to an empty world and freeze everything and move them around manually, I'm sure I'll come up with some sort of group photo.

I'm so excited. I have had my newest married couple return to Cake Island from The Great Southern Land. I settled them into their new homes and activate the main household - the place where they all grew up. My aim is to get it down to a 1 sim household. And it now has only 6 sims living in it. I'm putting the next video together now. Coby and Sharonda went to The Great Southern Land to meet their future spouses, Clarice and Stan. They got married on the same day - almost a double wedding. And then returned to Cake Island.

Gerri will be the final sim in the main household when they start having the 30 babies who will be the 30 Grandchildren. All of her children will have married and moved out to their own homes.

Currently only Gerri, Megan, Latoya, Joni, Constance and Kendall are left. Next episode Megan and Latoya will travel together to The Great Southern Land and they will meet their future spouses there. Lionel and Mark. I will send them home again fairly quickly too as the house in The Great Southern Land is a bit too overcrowded to successfully teach the untrained sims much. I think both Mark and Lionel will need to do more study before they will be able to get married.

I got the two couples who were married in Episode 36 out of the GSL fast because of memory issues. The new Imaginary Friends who I left there barely started learning skills before I had Coby and Clarice; and Sharonda and Stan married and home again.

Clarice001.jpg
    Clarice in her wedding outfit

Coby-And-Clarice-Getting-Married.jpg
    Coby and Clarice getting married

Sharonda-And-Stan-Getting-Married.jpg
    Sharonda and Stan getting married

Sharonda-And-Stan-Cutting-Cake.jpg
    Sharonda and Stan cutting their cake

Coby-And-Clarice-Plus-Sharonda-And-Stan001.jpg
    Coby and Clarice, and Sharonda and Stan dancing at their wedding

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list