Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood relationships?

When the child is an adult, they have specific relationships with the care takers. Authoritative parent, dearest parent ETC.
At what friendship, discipline does it set the relationship to be this way? One mother abandoned her children, but they had a positive towards her. I cannot understand when is enough for the parenting to say this is strict, too. PS4.

Comments

• sFX_BuildersFX_Builder Posts: 34 Member
    To answer your question, those are sentiments gained after childhood is over. The examples you gave me are based on the amount of discipline (Strict, Firm and Calm), and relationship status (Hard Negative, Neutral and Very Positive).

Authoritative (Punishing) Parent is the result of the parent (over)punishing the child/teen with very negative relationship.
    (Mommy/Daddy) Dearest is the result of the parent having very positive relationship and very few/no disciplinary actions.

(PS I believe the answer to your last question is if the relationship surpasses 60% in either direction it's considered one of the other spectrums to classify which sentiment is given to them. If it's less than 60% {positive or negative} it's considered neutral relationship, which classifies a completely different sentiment based on the amount of punishments. Lots of information.)

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!
    ~ SimFX Building Team | Zach C