Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should we be able to make bow legged or knock kneed Sims?

How about pigeon toed?

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 2021
    If it is done respectfully and theoretically doesn't break routing and animations (though I suppose it might break walkstyles), I don't see why not have it.

Although, it would probably have to be in a general disabilities update which is still up in the air.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Interesting idea but have reservations on how it would impact animations, especially the odder - especially Strngerville - ones.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes. The Sims has become like Barbie, all pretty and flashy but very few people build real looking people with all their flaws. It's annoying to see all those pretty, perfect Sims in a pretty, make believe world. I get that's what most of us play, but geez beauty is in the eye of the beholder isn't it?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I don't know what any of those mean.
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    I want to see different abilities, period! I would love to have features of flashing lights for doorbell and sign language for deaf sims. Sims in wheelchairs. Sims missing limbs. Of course, I want to see it done tastefully and with respect but there are a lot of people with differences and I would like to see them represented.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited June 2021
    MyriadSims wrote: »

@MyriadSims Those are old words; I've not heard them in years. These days they may be considered insensitive terms, though they are descriptive. Bow legged is when your knees bow out to the sides, so your legs look like this when you look at them from the front or back: ( ) instead of looking straight: I I. Knock need is the opposite, the knees point inward and give the appearance of knocking together: ) (. When I was a kid we watched a lot of westerns and it seemed like many of the older cowboys always had bow legs. My brother and I thought it was because their knees got stuck like that from wrapping their legs around the horses ribs while riding.

Now I realize at least some of them had knee, hip, or back problems, or perhaps issues they were born with. I hope no one takes offense at my description of these terms; I am simply answering a question in the best way I can.

Adding these would definitely require new walking animations.

edited to add last sentence
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    MyriadSims wrote: »

@MyriadSims Those are old words; I've not heard them in years. These days they may be considered insensitive terms, though they are descriptive. Bow legged is when your knees bow out to the sides, so your legs look like this when you look at them from the front or back: ( ) instead of looking straight: I I. Knock need is the opposite, the knees point inward and give the appearance of knocking together: ) (. When I was a kid we watched a lot of westerns and it seemed like many of the older cowboys always had bow legs. My brother and I thought it was because their knees got stuck like that from wrapping their legs around the horses ribs while riding.

Now I realize at least some of them had knee, hip, or back problems, or perhaps issues they were born with. I hope no one takes offense at my description of these terms; I am simply answering a question in the best way I can.

Adding these would definitely require new walking animations.

edited to add last sentence

Hm. Neat.
    I guess i have knock knees. Those terms sound so weird lol.