Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issue With Dream Home Decorator - Reveal Renovated Space Event!

bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
I have this issue with Dream Home Decorator - most particularly during the Final Reveal of the Renovated Space event... The interior decorator only got the first and major task of the event/work project which is to reveal the renovated space and the client hasn't even stepped into the renovated room and see the changes themselves when all of a sudden the interior decorator was paid wages for his work and the notification bar tells me that the client was satisfied nicely. The interior decorator was not able yet to do the before and now slideshow of the renovations has yet to chat with the clients and get their final verdict and was instantly get paid instead and give him the option to stay on the lot or go home.

Comments

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @bootsguy that happened to me once, too. Not sure if it was a game burp or what, but all gigs since have been fine. If it happens again maybe try going to manage worlds then back again, or simply just traveling & going home?
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I'll second what Starfree said. It happened to me on my first gig. I haven't had a problem since but I only played my decorator once and haven't rotated back to her household yet.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • EmilyyanEmilyyan Posts: 3 New Member
    HI, do you have any problem calling the clients to the lot? I am decorating a bar, but the client didn't show up, and I took before and after photo, still cannot call clients to come, it not on the panel or not even a choice on the decorator option
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I caved and bought the pack. I removed my mods and deleted the appropriate cache. I did a room renovation and everything worked correctly. I added my mods and had the issue where you get everyone up for the reveal, and it doesn't happen. You get a notice that they hate it or love it, you don't get paid or do get paid, and it sends you home. The same thing happened a second time. No reveal, just a notice that I got paid and do I want to go home. So I removed my mods, and then the reveal worked correctly. From my perspective, the room reveal may be a mod issue. I am not saying the game isn't buggy, or that mods caused anyone else to have this issue. But I will investigate it further, because the reveal appears to work better in my game when I don't have any mods in the game.

I also found that the clients do not automatically go to the correct room right away. In my game, they wandered around the house a bit before they got to the room I redid, even though that room was at the front door. First, they went to the room I had previously decorated and did not get to reveal. They reacted to that room as if it were the room I had just redone. They loved it, mostly. Then they went upstairs. I tried to point out objects in my room, to bring them to the right area, but no one came to look. I was wondering why they were wandering around the house, when they finally made it back to the room I had just redone. They loved it. It just took a long time to get to that point. I think if I had waited for them to get the the room, they probably would have looked at the objects when I pointed them out.

It seems to me, that since they don't give you a specific room to redesign, they don't know which room that you redesigned. If it is a small house, they may gravitate to the most expensive room or highest environment score area as that is probably the one just redecorated. If it is a large, expensive house, then they don't know where to go. They just go the the most expensive/ highest environment room and work their way down. That's just my guess though.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited June 2021
    I've done six or so gigs, and I had that "skip to the end" moment too in one of them. I told them to come in for hte reveal, they started walking in and bam! My sim is on the porch, the clients were all walking around with happy faces and she'd been paid. They didn't even get up to the third floor, where the reno was! :D I don't use mods. My game was skipping a bit that day, so I thought it was either my computer or a bug. I didn't mind, by the way, I have decided the reveal is too much trouble. It sometimes takes them ages to get to the "I love it/I hate it" part. After all the time they take getting the likes/dislikes out of the way, it is sometimes just too much to endure them waffling around at the end. I think I'll just skip the reveal for most renos.
  • bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    I caved and bought the pack. I removed my mods and deleted the appropriate cache. I did a room renovation and everything worked correctly. I added my mods and had the issue where you get everyone up for the reveal, and it doesn't happen. You get a notice that they hate it or love it, you don't get paid or do get paid, and it sends you home. The same thing happened a second time. No reveal, just a notice that I got paid and do I want to go home. So I removed my mods, and then the reveal worked correctly. From my perspective, the room reveal may be a mod issue. I am not saying the game isn't buggy, or that mods caused anyone else to have this issue. But I will investigate it further, because the reveal appears to work better in my game when I don't have any mods in the game.

I also found that the clients do not automatically go to the correct room right away. In my game, they wandered around the house a bit before they got to the room I redid, even though that room was at the front door. First, they went to the room I had previously decorated and did not get to reveal. They reacted to that room as if it were the room I had just redone. They loved it, mostly. Then they went upstairs. I tried to point out objects in my room, to bring them to the right area, but no one came to look. I was wondering why they were wandering around the house, when they finally made it back to the room I had just redone. They loved it. It just took a long time to get to that point. I think if I had waited for them to get the the room, they probably would have looked at the objects when I pointed them out.

It seems to me, that since they don't give you a specific room to redesign, they don't know which room that you redesigned. If it is a small house, they may gravitate to the most expensive room or highest environment score area as that is probably the one just redecorated. If it is a large, expensive house, then they don't know where to go. They just go the the most expensive/ highest environment room and work their way down. That's just my guess though.

@Monet11 that might be the case I have lots of mods in my folders so it might conflict with the reveal..
  • cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    I had this happen a couple times and it seemed to be with client families that had a lot of members. I thought it was a time saving thing so I didn't have to go to each Sim and get their reaction. I actually liked that it sped things up and just cleared the job and paid me. But yeah, it might be a glitch. I don't have any mods.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    For some reason I didn’t think was coming out until July