Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Identical twins

Right after sims 4 came out, a sim of mine had twin boys and they were both exactly identical down to the last detail. I never had identical twins after that. Now, fast forward through the years to about two weeks ago. A sim of mine had twin girls who are exactly identical. I was ecstatic because I hadn't had identical twins in literal years. Then, one of those twin girls had twin girls. The new twin girls are identical. My question is, have they increased the chance of identical twins lately, is it more likely that they're identical because the mom was, or am I just lucky 🤣?

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited January 2021
    I've had primarily twins and triplets among my babies. I have one set of identical twins, but they weren't born recently.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2021
    My sim had identical twins last week for the first time since i've started playing.
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    Technically, there is no such thing as “identical” vs. “fraternal” twins in the genetic sense in TS4. All twins born in the game are fraternal, no matter how similar they look.

However, depending on the genetics of the parents, some sets may appear more identical than others. I personally have a set of triplets (2 girls and one boy) where I cannot tell the two girls apart. Both girls also look extremely similar to their dad, while the boy favors the mom.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I had many sets of twins and trips, and I think the only looking more or less identical might be the Adrian triplets. Perhaps they lack the final 5%, they all have green eyes which is no surprise as both parents have green eyes, too. I hate that eyebrows are quite random in my game, sometimes they even switch just from having a birthday, and they never ever reflect the parents' eyebrows. That said, in this game I feel the hair style is some times enough to make two sims look identical, especially when children.

Your experience with two sets identical twins in a rom makes me wonder if there might be a hidden gen controlling this? Genetics like that is definitely interesting :) Looking forward to see my Adrian triplets having kids, but as they are 8 years away from YA, it might not happen anytime soon...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    no idea if they are going to be identical but my sim just got twins too :sweat_smile: problematic considering that makes 8 sim household and i even have another toddler to look after
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Why I was wondering was that in the same family, the brother of the first set of identical twins had twin boys with his wife and they are similar, but not identical.
  • Options
    SavingGraceSavingGrace Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a question about identical twins.
    My two main sims had problems conceiving once they had their second son. I bought the fertile trait for both of them and even added the "On A Lay Line" lot trait. They finally had twin girls.
    When they aged up to toddlers, both of them had the same black hairstyle and green eyes. When they aged up to children, their facial structure is similar, but their eyebrows are different. Their weight was the same but I've always gotten heavy toddlers and children (I don't know why but that's a question for another day).
    Are the twin girls identical?
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    My main sim had twins by his live-in merman boyfriend. One twin is a merboy and the other is fully human so yeah, not identical however both look identical. I've yet to see my merboy's merform since he's still a toddler but they're identical when they're identical and not when they're not. Come on, I know that makes sense in the sims.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I am happy that twins don't occur so often since it is stressful to raise twins and also their birthdays where they no longer will be of the same age, since they both can't blow ou the candles at the same time. I do want the birthday Sim to be celebrated and getting gifts after he/she blown out the candles
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Mindofy wrote: »
    Right after sims 4 came out, a sim of mine had twin boys and they were both exactly identical down to the last detail. I never had identical twins after that. Now, fast forward through the years to about two weeks ago. A sim of mine had twin girls who are exactly identical. I was ecstatic because I hadn't had identical twins in literal years. Then, one of those twin girls had twin girls. The new twin girls are identical. My question is, have they increased the chance of identical twins lately, is it more likely that they're identical because the mom was, or am I just lucky 🤣?

I can't say. I use MCCC to have 100% chance of identical twins. Only one of the Sims in my current family are slated for this, since she is my Original/Character for my Star Trek mini-series. Her first baby was identical twin boys. When they age up to Toddler, I have always taken them into CAS to make certain they are identical. And if not, and sometimes they aren't' truly identical, I choose which of the two I like the looks of better then make him a twin and delete the other one. It is possible, though that EA changed the percentages on Identicals because players want them so much.

It should be noted, however, that in RL true Identical Twins are very rare. Very Rare. I think you should consider yourself lucky. Most of my Identicals are self-manufactured, as I noted above. The Golden Triplets in my game I created, too. Just for fun. Sadly, the game is too good at deciphering each Sims' identifying code. I was hoping to have some 'fun' in that the Cantrell brothers would get their girlfriends mixed up, or that one of the triplets decided to 'mess' with them. No such luck. Oh, well …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Y9btbAS.png

My first set of twins were identical. They were named Cedar and Paxton. (Cedar on the right and Paxton left.) Paxton was the heir for Gen 1 of my legacy, as he was the firstborn of the twins.
    The odd face he's making in this picture was because their little sister Sage (off camera) was messing with him.

Gads, I miss that family. The computer I had them on died, and I was foolish to have not backed up my saves. Got that family up to Gen 6 though. As a side note, multiples seemed to run in that family. Paxton's first kids were twins also, but not identical.
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I’m not sure if I can agree that there is no such thing as identical twins in the Sims 4 and it’s just a lucky fluke if they are. I’ve never had and siblings look identical….twins in the other hand I would say 4 out of 5 sets of twins are identical in my game.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]