Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are your Sims overpaid, underpaid or fairly paid?

2...Next

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    what wages? I just motherlode everything!!!
    I usually give them motherlode when starting out, because 20 000 simoleons isn't enough for a decent looking house. After that they don't really spend much except for hobby items, vacations, bars and restaurants, etc. and they earn just about enough to pay their bills.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    other opinion
    They start off underpaid, and end up being overpaid.

Someone who's at level seven of their career should be able to afford more than a starter home. They're fully adult, they've got three kids, and they can't afford to move out of their original cramped two-bedroom one bath? Then suddenly when they hit level 10, there's so much money you can't spend it fast enough. Donate to every charity, replace all the toilets with more expensive toilets, go out just for the sake of buying food off a food stall, throw parties like they're going out of style.

Why?

4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    overpaid
    When they start out they have to scramble, which can be fun if you are in the mood for it. But once they get way up in the career they make a ridiculous amount of money. I had one sim who was a Double Diamond Agent, and she was making over 1500 a day (or was it 2500? I can't remember, but it was a crazy amount). Ok, she only worked 3 or 4 days a week and those were 15 hour days, but, dang! She kept getting raises too, and pretty soon she was getting an additional 200 per day and climbing when I accidentally wiped that game file (unrecoverable, though I did try several times). It was fun at first, because I got to upgrade a lot of stuff in the house, but after a while it got really ridiculous.
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    other opinion
    Sometimes I feel like they're obscenely overpaid but then I consider the bills and I look at the hours they spend at work, not to mention the job itself. My author works two days a week and makes close to 10k per day. That seems like a lot but yet he's been stagnant at around 200k simoleans since he's a single father now with two children and twin toddlers. So yeah, every simolean that he makes is pretty much accounted for. He used to make more by writing a book daily but with all the kids and his pet, writing doesn't come as frequent for him.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    overpaid
    lol... I always feel like my Sims are underpaid.

My CAS Sims will buy the house and have a bit of money left over for stuff. Then, they may get Buy wants, and I usually fulfill them because they are easy points. The downside is that, well, it lowers the bank balance.

I'll fulfill the Buy want, then immediately sell off the object. You get 80% of the value back, so it cuts down on the unnecessary expenses. It's especially hilarious when a sim with one of the parenting aspirations gets the "buy a toy" want. They don't specify what toy, so I buy the cheap $20 toy car then sell it back for $16 and 50 easy reward points.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    other opinion
    The Dad in my household is fairly paid. He's in the Teaching Career Track and has seen his wages go up as he gets promoted. His second son, is a Global Superstar. He, too, is fairly paid. He earns §10,000 per concert, §10,000 per photoshoot and §5,000 for bit parts in movies. I also have him giving 10% to his Agent/Manager. His only sister is an accomplished Archaeologist, even if she's still in high school, and earns between §3,000-§4,000 give or take for each piece she authenticates. The eldest child just aged into a YA and does nothing for a living at this moment. Once the first four siblings age to YA (and Rock Star is next), all four will be attending Uni. Then I will switch to an honest Rotation for the households.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    overpaid
    My main Sim, Octavia, and her husband make over $3,000 a day each.
    She's a Marine Biologist, he's a Celebrity Chef.
    She also inherited her grandfather's $1,000,000 lottery win from a couple of generations ago.
    So funny, houses have been purchased, vacations taken and many children born, but no one has touched the $1,000,000.
    Their salaries have been sufficient.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    other opinion
    I don’t even pay attention to money anymore, my Sims have accumulated so much. I’m thinking about starting another rags to riches situation, maybe I’ll remember the value of money then lol.
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    other opinion
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t even pay attention to money anymore, my Sims have accumulated so much. I’m thinking about starting another rags to riches situation, maybe I’ll remember the value of money then lol.

Maybe it's time to let the next 6 or 7 generations just live off of the inheritance until it's gone?
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    overpaid
    My Sim has currently hit the 15th raise of the Civil engineer career and earns over 700 simeleons per hour, as workaholic and being ambitious he has almost everytime a raise after one of his 4 workdays in a week. I think he is overpaid, but luckily his family (9 children) is big enough, so when it's time to move out for the children, his wealth will be reduced very fast again.
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    results
    Daravi wrote: »
    My Sim has currently hit the 15th raise of the Civil engineer career and earns over 700 simeleons per hour, as workaholic and being ambitious he has almost everytime a raise after one of his 4 workdays in a week. I think he is overpaid, but luckily his family (9 children) is big enough, so when it's time to move out for the children, his wealth will be reduced very fast again.

Do you have some kind of mod that will increase the household size?

In The Sims 1/2/3, the household size is maxed out at 8. In The Sims 4, I believe it's maxed out at 6?
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    what wages? I just motherlode everything!!!
    I'm adding that since they added the feature by which you can transfer money when sims move out, I tend to divide up accumulated wealth among children as they move out and go to university or start their lives. Other than the designated highly wealthy ones, this means that the money is split up.

I also noticed that they did increase the intensity of the bills so yes, I've used kaching a little bit if I thought it was too high. I'm mostly playing them with what they earn, not cheats. I do like having high earners near the top of their careers. Actually, if they make some luxury/wealth-spending pack, I would be interested.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    overpaid
    Most of my sims have maxed their careers, so they have no money issues and can afford living in large estates. For a while now tho I'm not really into job/promotions or efficient leveling gameplay and even so my more newer sims are in fairly paid category (aka have money but are not super rich) Currently I'm creating a whole bunch of shops where my sims can spend their money on things like locked furniture from Eco living, upgrading parts, knit clothes and items from Nifty Knitting, potions, etc, anything that can be useful, is a hassle to acquire and can be sold.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    fairly paid
    Laitha was rich and that money was passed through 4 generations. The remaining 3, I just used my 9.9 mil cheat.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    overpaid
    My playstyle is very career-focused, so my sims always end up with way too much money and nothing to spend it on. I ended up using MCCC to increase all bills so I can still have somewhat of a challenge.
    overpaid
    @waterywatermelon Yes, I have used mccc to increase the householdsize for storyreasons in my decade challenge. Normal size is 8 sims but I had increase to 12 sims in one household in several steps until I've reached the specific year 1961, where I've changed it back to 8. Unless you make the mistake and go in cas on the normal way, your sims will stay there, even when the numbers are lower. The next problem is when a sim should move out, then the game only accept 8 sims, but as I said, it was for the story, so I deal with it with pleasure. :)
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    results
    @Daravi In your Decades Challenge, do you have any young Sims that you have to kill off because they have some kind of disease or serious health condition? Or do you assume that all the kids are born healthy and reach adulthood?
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    other opinion
    My favorite play style is to recreate each expansion pack until the whole world is completely made new. This means I need to base income on rules that I constantly adjust. The short explanation is that I base income on neighborhood and home price, but also many other things like social status, occupation and overall story line.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    fairly paid
    Grant is a Skill level 10 painter. He does freelance work, designing character concepts and landscapes for fantasy and science-fiction films and games. If his work is merely average, generally the studio rejects it, and he'll start over with a fresh concept. The pay he gets for the masterpieces that are always accepted aren't much higher than he could get selling to a gallery. He is fairly compensated.

Freelancer is probably my most-played profession. I like the flexibility.
    overpaid
    @waterywatermelon

Not really, at the beginning I had no plan and didn't expect to stay in this save for long, it was already hard enough during the first decade. In the first decade I let the mother of new born tripletts die in due of bad healthconditions and later children could die from the deathrolls in ww2. I'm playing an adaptation of the decadechallenge for my own country and these deathrolls were the hardest. Mccc made many handling in this challenge easier, once I have installed it and I'm grateful for this mod. But this is too off-topic now. If you have further questions about the challenge, please check this thread, where you can ask so many questions as you want.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816128/decades-challenge/p1

Cutecoffeegal took care of the rules and she has the current rules on her website.

https://cutecoffeegal.com/decadeschallengerules/

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    overpaid
    My sims are rich, but I play in a way that makes them spend tons of money, so it balances out. But I still can't help but think that the 20,000 and 30,000+ paintings are excessive.

Their bills are more than 60,000/week.
    On holidays, they give away 10,000 to most young relatives.
    Sometimes they donate 10,000 to charity or just throw it into a fire (depending on the sim).
    They buy 100,000 - 350,000 simoleon homes for the children who move out (this will probably go up for the next generation).
    They're also buying another 500,000+ simoleon home for themselves (I'm using a mod, but if I weren't I'd have it be a vet clinic or retail store that never opened).