Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next SP must be

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
Pretty sure the next pack after Cottage Living will be a SP, then a GP and finally a EP to complete 2021 (without considering kits ans BG updates)

Next SP must be 33 votes

Bands / new musical instruments
39%
JeanPlayerSinger2010SusanaLeoteDaiyuannaliese39lifeofdaydreamsFurAndYarnMyriadSimstemporalgodChris_McSimsfiggyOutlawWomanGirlFromIpanema 13 votes
Sports
6%
KennziKaigeMizzila1297 2 votes
Crafting (like Freetime)
6%
LquinnArarine 2 votes
More farm animals (goat, sheep, pig)
6%
Mak27hymnhehim 2 votes
Dragon pet
12%
BabykittyjadeFreezerBunnyCowplantSimmerGeorgeIsharell 4 votes
Artistic career (acrobat, magician or singer, like Showtime)
3%
Trin_611 1 vote
New life stage (pre-teen or mid adult)
9%
SERVERFRAflaminganakinJAL 3 votes
Nectar/ale making
6%
ncisGibbs02PurpleHeather 2 votes
Another
12%
DoloresGreykaiwrysimsPeralEliteGirl 4 votes

Comments

• temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Prepare yourselves for an all ocarina band featuring Green Link, Red Link, Blue Link and Purple Link.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Bands are not my first choice, I'd prefer crafts and other hobbies, but I feel that the Cottage Living EP is bringing some new creative hobbies from what I saw in the trailer. Plus the question is asking what the next SP must be and a lot of simmers have been asking for bands for a long time, so even if bands isn't something that I want, I really think it should be the next SP. :smile:

I'd also love nectar making, but I don't think it warrants a whole SP, unless it was part of a larger SP related to foodie stuff/cooking etc.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Crafting (like Freetime)
    I am definitely in the minority here but I felt that I would enjoy more in depth crafting materials and results.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    It would be nice to have Tweens & Middle-Agers in Sims 4.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think all these things are to big for an sp
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Another

I agree seems far to ambitious for a stuff pack. I would love a sports pack or a music pack but I can't see us getting it in a SP. I could see us getting a african inspired sp as a follow up to the marrocan kit.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    Nectar/ale making
    I’d like nectar making. My rich Sims could buy a vineyard! 😎
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! πŸ˜Šβ˜•οΈπŸŒž
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Another

I agree
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • JALJAL Posts: 999 Member
    A new life stage for babies where they are not objects but can be brought with you and work more like a real baby. I see baby carriers, strollers, activity mats, bottles, changing tables, play dates...) - add improvements to all kids at the same time, meaningful (skill building) homework, skill building while in school/day care, the ability to ask someone to babysit (without having to call a nanny - say to relatives or a boyfriend/girlfriend, more after school activities such as sports teams or debate clubs that also build skills).
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited June 2021
    Stuff Packs are strictly Buy/Build decorative pieces and CAS. If any of the Buy/Build items have any interactions or animations its usually ones we already have. For example fountains. Everything you listed would be in a Game Pack individually or an Expansion combined.

You could in theory combine the Artistic/Crafting items with the Artistic Careers and Actually have a Freetime Expansion Pack. You could also combine the Nectar- making, Crafting and the animals into one and adding a new rural neighborhood set in perhaps Greece, Provence or Tuscany and that would make a pretty fair EP as well. The bands and the Artistic career could combine and be a Showtime EP.

If not tied to say a Magical Area with Fairies I see the Dragon as a Kit item. I'd prefer it with the fairies though
    β€œAll mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited June 2021
    Dragon pet
    I voted Dragon Pet. I don't think it will happen, but I wants it...

Of course, then someone would create a mod so players could feed their farm animals (and farmers) to the dragon >:) ...those crazy modders! :D

edited to add last paragraph
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    More farm animals (goat, sheep, pig)
    Stuff Packs are strictly Buy/Build decorative pieces and CAS. If any of the Buy/Build items have any interactions or animations its usually ones we already have. For example fountains. Everything you listed would be in a Game Pack individually or an Expansion combined.

You could in theory combine the Artistic/Crafting items with the Artistic Careers and Actually have a Freetime Expansion Pack. You could also combine the Nectar- making, Crafting and the animals into one and adding a new rural neighborhood set in perhaps Greece, Provence or Tuscany and that would make a pretty fair EP as well. The bands and the Artistic career could combine and be a Showtime EP.

If not tied to say a Magical Area with Fairies I see the Dragon as a Kit item. I'd prefer it with the fairies though

All the SP in TS4 added at least one new functional object and gameplay unlike TS2 and TS3.
  • lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    I would love to have new life stages in the game, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Firstly, because there's a lot of room for improvement in the life stages we've currently got. Elders and babies, I'm looking at you! Secondly, because right now we have seven life stages (babies, toddlers, children, teens, young adults, adults, and elders). It's a decent amount, even though I'd love to get pre-teens. I don't remember there ever being more than the number we already have, so, if The Sims 4 decided to implement a new life stage, it'd be a complete novelty and I'm not sure they're going to go that way. I think most players would probably be satisfied if they just improved the life stages we've already got.

I also think nectar making would be a very welcome throwback to The Sims: Makin' Magic and The Sims 3: World Adventures. They've added the juice-making skill in Eco Lifestyle, so there's hope for this one. Although they may not bother, since juice-making might be considered similar enough.

Crafting and hobbies would be amazing. The Sims 2: Freetime was so much fun, I have such fond memories of playing with it. They do seem to enjoy creativity-based skills in the game.

The option I've found to be the most asked for in the community (at least in my experience) is bands. It's taking them so long to let us have bands in the game! The simplest thing, such as having two people play together, is not available yet. We need an electric bass and a drumkit to let us live our rock 'n roll fantasies vicariously through our sims. :D
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Crafting (like Freetime)
    @comicsforlife

I just wanted to comment on your whim tag: I use whims a great deal, and is one of my favorite Sims mechanics.

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Another
    Pool stuff pack. I'll kiss their feet if they give us some more water activities.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Lquinn wrote: Β»
    @comicsforlife

I just wanted to comment on your whim tag: I use whims a great deal, and is one of my favorite Sims mechanics.

good to know others feel the same
    hopfuly they update them and add more
    but as for this poll I feel most of this would go better in an ep or gp
    @Lquinn
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Another
    Here's my ideas:

Sleepover stuff -

New event for kids and teens. They can throw a Sleepover party and have new interactions like watch movies, gossip, play games (truth or dare, etc.). Kids can play dress up. Also comes with sleeping bags which invited guests will bring their own. They can also play pranks on each other or on the other sims in the household. Like maybe a kid and their friends can play a prank on the older sibling, for example. If ur sim goes to a Sleepover event instead of hosting, they can call parent to pick them up if they're not having a good time.

Daycare stuff -

New Daycare lot type. Option to send babies, toddlers, and kids to daycare.

Board games stuff/kit -

New board games and maybe a new game night event. You can set it up on a dining table or maybe the floor too.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • JALJAL Posts: 999 Member
    > @kaiwrysims said:
    > Here's my ideas:
    >
    > Sleepover stuff -
    >
    > New event for kids and teens. They can throw a Sleepover party and have new interactions like watch movies, gossip, play games (truth or dare, etc.). Kids can play dress up. Also comes with sleeping bags which invited guests will bring their own. They can also play pranks on each other or on the other sims in the household. Like maybe a kid and their friends can play a prank on the older sibling, for example. If ur sim goes to a Sleepover event instead of hosting, they can call parent to pick them up if they're not having a good time.
    >
    > Daycare stuff -
    >
    > New Daycare lot type. Option to send babies, toddlers, and kids to daycare.
    >
    > Board games stuff/kit -
    >
    > New board games and maybe a new game night event. You can set it up on a dining table or maybe the floor too.

This!
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!