Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I've got a little down time this afternoon so I'll crank out some comments. Yesterday, I took my two year old niece strawberry picking at an orchard (she was SO cute 🥰), got a much needed hair cut, and then went to a gig my uncle had playing acoustic guitar and debuting a lot of original songs - it was so nice since I got to see some extended family I haven't seen since the pandemic started. And later this evening, my sister is hosting a Father's Day dinner. Sorry I'm rambling a bit, but it's just nice to feel like life is going back to normal a bit, even if it does mean a little less time for the Sims :)

Also, a note to all, I apologize if my comments for your Batuu and Get Famous play just don't really end up actually appreciating/understanding exactly all you're doing with these packs, since I don't have them and really don't know the ins and outs of what you're doing, but I'm loving your stories and am doing my best to comment in a meaningful way :)

--

@sassytxbrat
    Wow, 4 aspirations! That's so cool, I wish more packs came with any aspirations at all. I play at least 2-5 days ahead depending on how much time I have, so I get that whole being ahead mindset. I've decided to go back to school and the program starts next month, so I'm trying to stay ahead a bit since I know my new schedule will be a lot more demanding than it is now. Sorry about the bug you encountered too. Glitchy game play is the worst.

@IllusoryThrall
    Since you explained how you did the doctor visit with Jaz, I understand how how you got all those cool shots with Benji getting arrested. Nice work! Your hard work paid off for sure :) I love when they search their pockets and find the weirdest stuff LOL. Things are looking super bleak for Benji. I only feel a little bad for him since it was his own mother who ratted him out. But honestly, he's getting what he deserves...And then Bennie decided to be a total a - hole and go ahead with that routine anyway :( He's so terrible.

And man, things are going downhill for this family with Bennie discovering Marnie lied about the birth control. At least Jaz is finding the confidence to come out and finding that some people support them. Kids are such a product of their environment, so it makes sense that some kids were open minded and sweet about it (they probably have parents who have taught them to be kind and open minded) while others have been conditioned to be mean and judgemental. Jaz is gonna have to get used to dealing with both kinds of people, so this update was a good way for them to get used to dealing with both sides. I hope that they end up with a good support system through their friends and therapist as they continue to go through life. That always helps when there's people who aren't ever gonna embrace something like this.

@Karababy52
    Nice of Melody and Malcolm to move nearby as neighbors! I have all of your sims living pretty much next door to Jules as well. Unfortunately they really don't show up much - or I just never look around the area that well. I'll have to keep an eye out when they're back from the jungle. Poor Adam, a victim of an unwanted situational outfit (he looks ready to explore the jungle with Jules and Emmett LOL) AND a lightening strike. At least they don't die from the first strike. Hopefully he made it safely inside after that.

I wish that real life singing worked like the sims does with the singing skill haha. I know that people can get a bit better at singing with practice, but it's different than playing an instrument for sure, it's definitely more of a natural skill. I don't think I could ever get past a "level 3" of singing even if I tried hard and got coaching :D The mischief skill is one I have mixed feelings about too. And what a fun set! I'm getting "Singin' in the Rain" vibes. I love that musical. Those yarnies are cool! I just though they were toys or something and never had a sim knit them, but they move around like gnomes? That's cool! I might have to have Ruby knit some :)

Nice aquarium shot in your next post too! I really want to get some more interesting fish for my aquarium too, but unfortunately the gate that leads to the deep jungle fishing spot is closed off this trip :( I'm sorry that you had a frustrating game play session. I'm assuming the whole reputation thing is hard to get back up to a good one, so it makes sense to have her do the angry thing in private. My hot headed Jules would probably have a bad reputation if I had this pack LOL. And ughhh, I hate that basement terrain bug. It makes building basements a very meticulous process to make sure they are completely under the main house. I've run into issues with that too, I'm sorry you lost hours of work and bowling skill, always such a frustrating feeling :( At least you got some nice screenshots though, I enjoyed seeing them even if you had to exit without saving it :(

@Ellupelluellu
    That two moons shot is gorgeous! And I love their Batuu outfits, very cool! That pic of Melody cheating made me laugh too haha. Looks like they are having a great time, and that's great you found the mod causing you issues. I like how you did that sepia toned pic for the flashback to Veera in Batuu in your next update too. Lol yeah, those drinks do look shady. I love how much you love the Batuu pack too, I can always tell you're having a blast with it. Are Melody and Malcolm doing any of the aspirations while they are there?

@SoulGal7
    Thanks for your kind comments about the wedding <3 I seriously took a million screenshots since it was just so pretty with the scenery and sun beginning to set. I'm super glad I made this choice for their wedding. Even though Emmett's face is obscured by Ruby's hair a bit, I loved that photo so much that I had to make it my avatar :) And yep, I had Jules tie the knot first (well, Bryon excluded, he was the actual first challenge sim to get married), I wanted to do it before I go back to school next month and might not have the time to really enjoy it and get all my screenshots. Also I thought it would be nice for them to do it before the baby came. Can't wait to see Sakura's wedding when you get to it!

I got the childhood aspiration to start working again. It's still a little buggy, but I found a work around it for now. She just has to befriend two more kids and then she's done :) I also enjoyed your comment to Kara about the "Sim Andreas Fault" lol. Very clever ;)

Buy Sakura the "creative visionary" and "marketable" traits in the reward store and then she'll have a good chance of painting masterpieces of higher value that will sell on plopsy for a good price. I had to get Jules' funds up between jungle trips, and expanding and evolving her garden so I got good super sells, breeding high value frogs and selling collectables she digs up, and painting masterpieces really got her funds up fast. Just some tips - and you have Sakura and Wolfgang in careers too, so they will be bringing in some daily cash too :) Really nice robo arm for Wolfgang too! Gotta love a good hot tub celebration too! Love that moodlet Wolfgang got too haha.

I am really glad you chose Wolfgang over Kiyoshi. But congrats to Kiyoshi on the birth of his twin boys. I do hope he and Kaori are happy together.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member

@Karababy52 ,
    That pic about Veera, was from my very first Batuu try, I remebered I had a pic where that one trooper started to flirt with her :p And yes, that was right venue :)
    --Glad you got that anger thing sorted. Bowling place downstairs looks great, so sorry it ruined the landscaping, I know how frustrating that is to redo, or roll back to older save and lost all the gameplay and the bowling room. :cry:
    @SoulGal7 ,
    haha, I do not know what that drink is in English, but in Finn name it had word frog in it :p And yes, it is that clothing! She is at her 1st trimester, but clearly Batuu clothing is not meant to use when pregnant :joy:
    --Kiyoshi! What the heeeeeelllllllll???? Rude! Haha Wolfie looks great with the arm :) Lovely hot tub time too :p

@permanentrose ,
    I like to do these task a lot, yes :) Just, some are a bit buggy, but that is most case that I still have some conflicting mod. Just not up to do another search :) They have started aspirations, yes, but they will return for some more later :)
    --Lovely wedding indeed! And great screenshots <3 Poor Pickles :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Melody Connors, and Malcolm.

Day 12 , June

LZuc28Q.png
    Resistance is futile.. (I know it is from Star Trek.. but I liked to use it!)

wUPottZ.png
    I know sweetie, you are not feeling well :(

emqZS0C.png
    Hacking some stuff... Hoping not to get caught.. after all, maybe not all here know mom..

B9wNS7f.png
    7B3axRb.png
    YES!!! She made it!
    I mean, enemy is close!

SoBBy6Y.png
    After she visited the house, and got what she needed, she was so hungry.

I1A6Y7m.png
    ay2RR8W.png
    So.. lets go and eat some finest of Batuu.. First Order Popcorn!

qh6vCWu.png
    Then, delivering the... what ever it was.. to Hondo. 400 gredits!! YAY they feel rich (lol not even close)

A9TJR9k.png
    He sure loves the mistletoe :)

5b4ZEiq.png
    They left to near by forest, Malcolm said he would like to get to know the resistance a bit better. He is not so liked by Hondo, thanks to Malcolm's auto-mischief actions, LOL

d6hpRnl.png
    ZS9VsEt.png
    Okay why not let Malcolm talk to Vi Moradi.. Melody is looking like she is scared to hear something mischief from him, haha, and for a reason.

H3BNLPG.png
    zundAeh.png
    Gladly he behaved well, with Vi and other resistance persons he talked with. And he finally got a mission.

juSzSlN.png
    Vi and Melody seemed to get along well...

gpjqnP4.png
    So, Malcolm left to his mission.
    "I know 2 places to get what I want. Hondo behind me hardly gives it, so I have to buy it..."

pD7Xk2M.png
    So he did.

nQ7zRc6.png
    To First Order area.. hungry.. famous popcorn will help!

NaaX5nq.png
    "Hey!! I paid for those popcorns ! Honestly!"

WdFYJmv.png
    CcwhaLZ.png
    Couple other things he was asked to do..

RVHpgHA.png
    Then he went to give his report. YAY, mission completed!

Tho, Malcolm had one more mission to do, His own mission..

• SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    June 19
    u6UkLIL.png

Bryons Diary
    JCHLprJ.png
    It’s Love Day today and I got a new gig, which involves love.

cewGXdJ.png
    I gave Naoki a rose.

(Naoki) “Ahh, for me?”

FPMhM0F.png
    (apparently romantic actions help me going forward in this task, yay!)

TSfM7fE.png
    (Naoki) “Thank you so much!!”

He sniffed the rose, extremely happy with it.

6QqVTSV.png
    And then he thought it was a good idea to scare me in return.

(Bryon) “Naoki! What was that good for?!”

2XKpfqz.png
    (Naoki) “Hahaha, I’m sorry. I just wanted to do that.”
    (Bryon) “Oh, you goofball.”

jPEKNDt.png
    (Naoki) “Okay, so now for the real surprise. Tomorrow it’s the Starlight Accolades, and I gave you up for the reward of the best book…”
    (Bryon) “But my last written book was years ago.”
    (Naoki) “It was a fantastic book!”
    (Bryon) “So, we’re going to the Award Show to see if I won an award tomorrow?”
    (Naoki) “Exactly!!”

sXmtSWt.png
    (Naoki) “I’m positive you’ll win that award.”
    (Bryon) “Aw, you’re so sweet, Naoki…”

(Note that I aged the kids up :D I thought it would be funny to show Alex as a toddler first and then POOF, kid. Of course, I used height sliders and so they are still small, but I thought they would be ready to age up now)

xpIL1iX.png
    (Bryon) “I’m going out now. There are a lot of places I have to go today… Fan meet and greets scheduled all over the place…"
    (Naoki) "Have a nice day!!”

iamv3QW.png
    (Roxanne has a new job as a bodyguard, lol)

Lxlqtlc.png
    MRgB1uv.png
    I met up with the Prime Time TV Director, the one that will be directing my gig. We were about to start the first meet-and-greet of the day, to promote this TV Show.

CoJWUDp.png
    (Fan) “he really… Declined my offer to take a photo…”

(Apparently this aspiration also ticks off when Bryon declines taking a photo with a fan)

QsYmIgr.png
    (Bryon) “I’m sorry. It’s an autograph-only meet-and-greet, unfortunately. But of course, I won’t hesitate to give you one of those.”
    (Fan) “Really??? Thank you!!!”

O9ApRX6.png
    (Bryon) “I love you all, guys!!! Thank you for everything!!”

bVlvuAh.png
    A few hours later, still doing meet-and-greets… But luckily this is the last one (since the aspiration is now completed).

(Bryon) “Thank you alll!!!!!”

---

I was tired when I finally was able to return home, but then I saw Naoki, Audrey and Alex sitting on the couch, waiting for me.

(Naoki) “We wanted to do a family movie night! Come, sit! The movie is about to start!!”

UbqwEPT.png
    I joined them on the couch, and Audrey pressed on the play-button to start the movie. Ah, I love this. We should do this more often.

Some hours later…

u6UkLIL.png
    (Naoki) “Did everybody just really fall asleep?”
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    edited June 2021
    @SoulGal7
    I know. It was so hard to work for the First Order. I think that the glitches remain in that pack because it was not one of the popular ones so there aren't as many bug reports being submitted. But she only has another ten days and she will be done on Batuu.

@IllusoryThrall
    Oh wow, I feel so hard for Jaz but am so glad to see them being secure in knowledge of who they are.

@permanentrose
    Now I want to get Mia to the jungle, but she isn't going until October.

@SoulGal7
    I love the color combination Sakura has going.

@Karababy52
    I absolutely hate the damage that happens sometimes when building the basement. I don't build enough to know how to make it work, but it keeps me from doing a lot underground. {hugs}

@Ellupelluellu
    ...if a drink made from these, is so safe to drink?
    no, I would say probably not... LOL
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    June 20
    AZzfnud.png

Bryons Diary
    5ozHQhh.png
    Sunday is supposed to be a relaxing day, but for me it was all about practicing my lines for the TV Show... And I had to get it done before we left to the Starlight Accolades later today. Oof. Busy day. Let's get started.

7v34kZU.png
    Naoki kept Alex busy..

ENcgV89.png
    Audrey didn’t have trouble staying busy by herself…

9yddpNm.png
    Luckily she also knows how to CLEAN.

lpEfkLt.png
    I suddenly remembered I had A LOT of these skill boosting drinks.

(Bryon) “How could I forget those??”

LAfbiA1.png
    (Roo) “Meow.”
    (Bryon) “Oh, you also want a sip?”

G5txAfc.png
    (Audrey) “You’re no super-hero!!! You’re going to dieeeee!!!”

B8iuIDP.png
    (just one more level to go for the aspiration!)

VrCbHdY.png
    Audrey had enough of playing with the dolls, so she went outside to where Alex was playing chess.

ol72zcE.png
    Meanwhile I’m on to my second glass.

Gh52zdx.png
    Did I already mention that I finally 'worked' on the backyard? Well, it’s still a sad backyard, but at least there’s SOMETHING now.

rcNBvMJ.png
    Naoki later knocked on my door to tell me it was time to leave for the award show. We left the kids with Hana and soon we arrived at the studio.

(Naoki) “I’ll be cheering for you from my chair.”
    (Bryon) “Naw, you’re so sweet.”

SaIeNK7.pngCJvyhzH.png
    (I had to get Naoki to at least a noble newcomer or else he wouldn’t even had the chance to come in. Luckily he already was at the one-star. He just did a few romantic fame-actions and poof - noble newcomer!!)

owQFafJ.png
    (Naoki) “Whoa, it looks so good in here!!”
    (Bryon) “Why are you more enthusiastic about this than I am?”

X8r3BCS.png
    Even Judith took the time to say hello.

zDQSvPG.png
    And some time later, the show started.

YZVGfZ9.png

PwY9wOj.png

sWQLXGL.png
    (Bryon) “No way…”
    (Naoki) “Ha! I told you so!!! Go get your award!!”

0yHAI95.png
    I couldn’t believe it. Did I really win an award for a book that I wrote years ago? Wow.

AZzfnud.png
    (Bryon) “Thank you so much!!!”

X5Rds0A.png
    And of course, one kiss for Naoki.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited June 2021
    June 14 - Del Sol Valley - Night on The Town - Part 1

del-sol-fountain-and-palms.png
    It was Friday and Sakura got a royalty report and was surprised on the amount of simoleons she received from her vlogs and songs. She didn't realize how much she had done.
    roylaty-report.png

Sakura gets another call because of her public phone perk, and this one is just plain creepy.
    from-public-number-sakuara.png

moodlet-from-wanting-lock-of-hair.png

To get her mind off of the call, she decided to make another video.

sakura-recorded-a-video-fir.png

In the afternoon, Sakura got another call from Kiyoshi. Sakura wasn't sure what to expect after his call to her yesterday. But he asked her to go the Spice Festival with him in San Myshuno. Whoa! Kiyoshi...Kaori just gave birth to twins, and you want to go somewhere with your ex-girlfriend? Um...Kiyoshi is thinking about Sakura way too much. Look, Kiyoshi...you made a life with someone else...leave Sakura alone. I do think that Kiyoshi is having some second thoughts about life with Kaori. I don't think that Wolfgang would be too happy to find out that Kiyoshi was calling Sakura all the time.
    still-calling-sakura.png

Sakura spoke quietly on the phone to Kiyoshi: "Kiyoshi...you were my first love...and you will always be special to me. We shared something beautiful up on the summit together, but you can't get it back. I am with Wolfgang now...he is my forever love. He loves me and I love him, and I trust him implicitly. He would never betray me, even if we were apart. He would be true to me. I know that in my heart I am destined to be with him. I'm sorry. You chose to be with Kaori, and you need to work on that relationship, not think of what could have been with me or with us. It's over Kiyoshi."

Kiyoshi: "But Sakura...I still...I still care so much about you...I think about you everyday...come to San Myshuno with me...just the two of us...it'll be like old times...like when we went to the Festival of Light together..."

Sakura: "I'm sorry, Kiyoshi...I can't do that...I am getting married in less than a week...please don't call me anymore..."

Kiyoshi: "You're...you're getting married? When? Where?"

Sakura wasn't about to tell Kiyoshi anything else, "Kiyoshi, I need to go..."

Kiyoshi: "...Please don't hang up...Sakura..."

Sakura ended the call and thought that maybe she should change her number. These calls from Kiyoshi were getting too painful for her and Sakura wondered if she should tell Wolfgang about them. She didn't want to keep any secrets from Wolfgang, but she knew what would happen. Wolfgang would probably take the next plane out of here to Mt. Komorebi and get in a fight with Kiyoshi. Wolfgang would let Kiyoshi know, in no uncertain terms, to leave Sakura alone.

looking-at-self-in-mirror-sakura-fri.png

Sakura looked at herself in the mirror. She still had feelings for Kiyoshi...she probably always would. But her feelings for Wolfgang were so much stronger. She had never thought that love could feel like this...she was so happy when she thought of Wolfgang. It was in everything he did for her...and everything he said to her...and the woohoo...she blushed when she thought of them together...it took her breath away. And she knew that no-one else could ever make her as happy as Wolfgang did. She was totally in love with Wolfgang and she felt so loved. Plus, his family accepted her for who she was, and they made her happy, too. Sakura thought of her Sofu (Grandfather) then. Her Sofu had once told her about something called 'Koi No Yokan' or 'the premonition of love'. "It is the feeling upon first meeting someone that you will inevitably fall in love with them”. She didn't understand what he meant when he told her about 'Koi No Yokan', but now, thinking about Wolfgang, she knew they were destined from the very moment they met to fall in love and be together.

looking-at-sakura.png

She looked up then and Wolfgang had come inside and was quietly staring at her.

Wolfgang: "Sakura...I feel like I have been neglecting you. You look sad. We both have worked so hard at our jobs this week, and even though last night was..." he smiled wistfully at her, "...very memorable...I want to take you out on a date. Away from here. What do you say?"

Sakura turned to smile at Wolfgang, "Oh Wolfgang...you always know just the right thing to say...yes...oh, yes...I'd love to go on a date with you..."

embrace-sakura-fri.png

Wolfgang came towards her and embraced her, "Okay...after I finish work...I'll get washed up and we'll head downtown...I love you Sakura...I hope you know that will never change..."

holding-hands-with-sakrua-fri-are-you-ok.png

They parted and Sakura nodded and smiled up at him, but Wolfgang still noticed a sadness in her eyes. Maybe it was the impeding wedding...maybe she had too much to get ready. He would find time to talk about it tonight and maybe he could find what she needed help with. Wolfgang didn't want to put stress on Sakura about the wedding, he just wanted her to be happy. If it had been up to Wolfgang, they would have already been married...eloped somewhere...yes, it was a crazy thought...but true. But he had his family to think about...and he just wanted to make this memorable for Sakura, because Sakura was so special to him. They would chat tonight and he would help her in any way he could.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Koi No Yokan" is a Japanese phrase (Wiki).

And what the heck is up with Kiyoshi...why does he keep calling Sakura? And now he wanted to go away to San Myshuno with her? Say What?
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on

@sassytxbrat ,
    Yeah, there is some other drinks too, at least how those are called in Finn game, I would ever even try :p
    -- about the droid bug, I just hope at least that will be fixed soon. I know I can buy it like you did, but thn again M&M will not be back at Batuu anytime soon, hopely it is fixed by then :)

@Skeilah ,
    --congrats to Bryon for award winning! :smiley:

Melody Connors, and Malcolm.

Day 13 , June

mI5zIwg.png
    Malcolm's own Mission <3
    uoBoTYw.png
    GFruwlS.png
    RThI67M.png
    Not much text needed <3
    Falcon was ready to take them back to Simearth.

70GTQFu.png
    ROHN87v.png
    Just a regular night at StrangerVille..

orWaBn6.png
    JDcpSlN.png
    9G7c6XN.png
    So regular, that either Christie or Wolfie did not even look... yup, absolutely normal...
    (btw why those two met again.. in the middle of the night... hmmm :unamused: )

XKYfS7s.png
    Back on Simearth .. that was a nice journey after rough start :p

KMmvDOK.png
    mWlvKUZ.png
    i98lwYF.png
    Chewie left back to Batuu, they looked there as along as they still could see it. It's soon a sunrise.. yes.. just one sun ;)

Note: Anyone who has played JTB, knows that in all 3 hoods, forests, rocks or buildings are so high, that those proposal pictures from that ange, also showing the moons, is pretty impossible to take without editing :) Mine tho are not edited, straight from the game, here was my trick:

vBNrL2X.png
    As all 3 baselots can be edited with cheats, like Realm lot can be edited, or all hidden world lots, for that matter. I just put that "tower" on the back of Cantina lot, I did not bothered even with ladders, I just teleported them up, and took the pics :joy:

• IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Oasis Springs: Day Twenty - It's My Party...
    06-20-21_8-22-51-pm.jpg
    Marnie woke up at dawn – alone, just as she’d been when she went to sleep, and for a moment, she tried fuzzily to remember why. Then it all came back to her. She’d been found out. The moment she’d had nightmares about for her entire adult life. Thinking back, the first time she’d lied to Bennie had been out of desperation. She’d been afraid she was losing him to another girl. So she’d lied. It had worked. He’d ridden to her rescue like the white knight she’d imagined him to be.. but everything after that wasn’t exactly what she’d dreamed it would be. She’d been young when she first saw him, performing at an open mic night at a local bar. She’d immediately fallen for him, and refused to listen to his arguments that she was too young for him. What a mess that had turned her life into.
    06-20-21_8-32-15-pm.jpg
    Her stomach feeling queasy, Marnie sat up, and felt. Still no bump – but then, it was still early for that. It’s not like she didn’t know what to expect. Why hadn’t she checked the bottle of pain medicine in the cabinet like she usually did, so Bennie wouldn’t have gone searching…. and for goodness’ sake, why hadn’t she just disposed of the birth control medicine!
    06-20-21_8-32-38-pm.jpg
    It was just an unfortunate coincidence that the day after Bennie had gotten himself drunk on the way home from work was the morning she’d decided to go grocery shopping. Feeling even sicker, Marnie walked to the bathroom to wash off her face and calm herself. Surely Bennie hadn’t meant what he said. He had a temper, sure, but he was always sorry the next day. And Marnie wasn’t above apologizing to try to keep her family together. Steeling herself for Bennie’s likely reaction, Marnie walked out to the living room to wake him up.
    06-20-21_8-36-18-pm.jpg
    …. and ended up standing there, staring at an empty couch .. and driveway. Bennie’s yellow truck was gone, too. Bewildered, she looked around, and the only things she could tell were missing was his keys, wallet, and what he’d been wearing. So clearly he meant to come back. Breathing a sigh of relief, she woke up the kids and got started on breakfast.
    06-20-21_8-36-34-pm.jpg
    Jaz was the first to ask where Bennie was – nobody else seemed concerned… and Marnie had to tell her daughter that she didn’t know where he’d gone. She emphasized that he’d be back, though.
    06-20-21_8-35-17-pm.jpg
    By the time breakfast was cooked, Marnie’s stomach had finally settled, and she made quick work of the fruit salad she’d made.
    06-20-21_8-42-39-pm.jpg
    “Are we still having Dad’s party, Mom?” asked Phoenix – reminding Marnie that she still needed to bake the cake and get the party supplies from the basement.

“Of course we are. Did you still need wrapping paper for the present you made him?” Marnie asked in reply.

“Nope! I found it in the box downstairs like you said!” Phoenix replied.

“You should remind your brother and sister to get their gifts out, too.” Marnie said, patting Phoenix on the shoulder. She ignored Phoenix’s snicker at Marnie calling Jaz his “sister”, and headed back to the kitchen to bake Bennie’s cake. It wasn’t every day that a man reached his elder years, after all. She meant to make the day special.
    06-20-21_8-45-31-pm.jpg
    Jaz was downstairs, taking care of the twins, who were curious about all the preparations for the party, and kept trying to open the gifts themselves. Scolding Braydon with a chuckle, Jaz rescued the gifts and hid them in the closet away from little fingers.
    06-20-21_8-55-24-pm.jpg
    Phoenix helped set the table, while Myles and Marnie set up the balloons and the streamers. It didn’t look half bad by the time they were done, either.
    06-20-21_8-59-15-pm.jpg
    Checking her watch, it was about time for Bennie’s shift to be over at the comedy club, so Marnie got the cake ready and everyone piled up the home-made gifts for their Dad. Then, she called everyone to dinner. Jaz had taken to sitting by the front window, watching for Bennie, but Marnie didn’t want the kids to wait too long for dinner on a school night, and she insisted Jaz get up and come to the table.
    06-20-21_9-00-20-pm.jpg
    Jaz took one more worried glance at the empty driveway and obeyed Marnie. There was an empty feeling in the pit of their stomach, and they were pretty sure it wasn’t because they were hungry.
    06-20-21_9-03-30-pm.jpg
    Everyone ate their sandwiches, and talked together softly, avoiding looking at Marnie, who kept getting up to check out the window herself. With the sun going down, and school the next day – Marnie finally told everyone to go get ready for bed, promising to wake them when Dad got home (if it wasn’t too late .. and Marnie thought to herself.. and providing Bennie wasn’t too drunk. She had nothing to go off of other than the fact that he’d been late – and drunk – the other night.. so maybe he was picking up a new habit?)
    06-20-21_9-03-53-pm.jpg
    Picking up the twins one by one and getting them to bed was accomplished by rote, but even the twins were subdued tonight. Everyone seemed to be a bit worried. It really wasn’t like Bennie to not be home – especially if it involved cake and presents.
    06-20-21_9-06-08-pm.jpg
    Finally.. leaving the party set up.. you know, just in case.. Marnie headed to bed. Surely he’d be back in the morning….
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2021
    June - Day 20: "Captain Sigma: Olympus Landing"

BVoMazP.png

Notes
    I have no idea what this movie is supposed to be about, so I decided it was a cheesy SciFi flick and had some fun writing lines for it. If it's all wrong for the given description, oh well. Hopefully it'll at least give you a laugh! :D Thanks to @Skeilah for the idea!

bFaASkw.png
    "Captain Sigma Schmigma, I don't care who you are, you're not taking over my command!"

bHpPiRN.png
    hKkutDJ.png
    "Back for more punishment I see. You will not defeat me, Swine! I learned at the Master's knee, MY OWN! I am Olympus! Prepare to die!"

f3CvQkz.png
    et7sTGh.png
    tU8GS6k.png
    iGKMuS1.png
    "Drop that sword! Leave now and I shall spare your life."

IXfLUNp.png
    "YOU again! Stubborn as a pig! Captain Pigma!"
    "What are you going to do with that?"
    "Fry me a pig, that's what! You're bacon!

5kfGUvu.png
    "Wait, wait, don't hurt me with that thing!"

oLTgBKB.png
    "Too late! Fry, piggie, fry!"

yF9Ep23.png
    "Okay, okay, you win! I'll go, and I won't come back. Just don't shoot me with that thing again."
    "That's what I thought."

yy9kODo.png
    "Olympus, what're you doing?"
    "Something I should've done a long time ago! Prepare for Olympus, landing on your lips!"

jInyNuX.png
    8HQeUwn.png

NjXA6Kp.png
    "Here's to us! Together we will conquer the Galaxy!"

"Cut, print, that's a wrap folks. Essa, you were fantastic! You just may win an award for that performance!"

oB8Qiky.png
    "You were great Izaiah! It was fun working with you, thanks!"
    "You're welcome, believe me, it was my pleasure!"

MkaKT2m.png
    When Essa arrived back home, Goldie called to tell her she'd been nominated for an award for her breathtaking performance in her most recent film. The Starlight Accolades were later tonight. Hopefully this time she would win!

YjrpX5U.png
    Essa went inside to find Josh and tell him the good news and then gave him a kiss that made it clear she wanted to 'celebrate' the nomination before going to the Gala.

8Rx3zHC.png
    So that's just what they did...

w7Om9qk.png
    After, Essa went to shower and get ready for the Gala, and Josh, of course, joined her.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    Update 171 - Party at the Temple

fQlQISK.jpg
    This ended up being a really fun update :)

Jules woke up the next morning, just to be immediately ambushed by fireflies, an insect which the sims has taken quite literally lol. Totally fine though, she got a ding on for her aspiration for defending against a wildlife encounter.
    1awMizS.jpg

And then this crew was off to explore one of the many temples hidden amongst the jungle ruins.
    ReDF9Uu.jpg

As they looked around the temple, there were surprised to find an area off to the side with a bar and some stereos. It's almost as if the temple had planned a spontaneous wedding reception for them.

So they went with it. Jules made Emmett some flirty drinks (but refrained from having any herself due to her condition :wink:)
    Op1lRFB.jpg

And Ruby began to jam out to some Latin music.
    9jzYa2s.jpg

Soon, Emmett and Jules joined her as well, as Pickle looked on in bewilderment. (Jules and Emmett both danced "The Rumbasim," which becomes available after they reach level 4 of the Selvadorian Culture skill. Both of them have maxed that skill, and it's a really funny dance to watch. I saved a video to my computer just since it was so entertaining haha)
    3VgtDAp.jpg

They moved on to some dig sites, and Ruby even got to "help" this time :)
    1xwYgLj.jpg

And so they traversed deeper into the temple.
    BBmZ1ps.jpg

I thought it was pretty funny that she could try to activate this mechanism with her flirtiness haha. (Don't mind Manuela just chilling in their family still. I'll move her out when their vacation is over)
    HiL0DRW.jpg

Oops, nope, not the right option.
    f65R0rE.jpg

Choosing the wrong option depleted her hunger need.
    8DnC0jK.jpg

But luckily she had some fruitcake from like 6 months ago in her inventory. Good old fruitcake here to save the day :D
    eLmb1QH.jpg

I decided not to be so calculated about her choices this time when activating the mechanisms to disable the traps, since she can't die since she's pregnant and their last trip went so smoothly it was almost boring.

Well, she certainly didn't pick the right choice here...
    KlbxDqp.jpg

"Ouch," she muttered, as she yanked the dart out of her neck.
    pyP7rkE.jpg

Suddenly Jules was feeling very unwell. (Well, since she can't die, at least I don't have to rush to cure here haha.)
    f8tofBD.jpg

Let's check in with Ruby, looks like she's keeping herself busy... :D
    pfEKXSP.jpg

Jules finally activated the right mechanism and it let to the treasure room.
    jAWPK4n.jpg
    sqgOYyv.jpg

And let's get this girl cured. Just in case. She is not the "not showing" phase of her pregnancy and maybe the game doesn't fully recognize her as pregnant yet. Let's not take our chances :)

They all made it to the museum, and Jules found herself feeling rather nauseous, and she was not sure if it was morning sickness or a side effect from the poison dart.
    wfsEanY.jpg

She ordered the antidote and drained that glass immediately.
    mmLF2Qb.jpg
    ezdD0eG.jpg

"Alright guys, I feel great now. Let's go back to the jungle," Jules told the others with a smile.
    naL27iY.jpg
    *Updated my June 20th post above including the Daily pic! Comments coming up next and if I have time before I go, today's post too! :)
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    June 21
    Week 8 Tuesday

2021-06-13-07_51_53-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
    edited June 2021
    June 15 - Del Sol Valley - Night on The Town - Part 2

to-my-future-bride-sakura.png
    It was the Night on the Town event, so lounges were offering free food and drink to have you come to their establishments. Wolfgang and Sakura headed to Orchid A Go Go. When they got there, Wolfgang said he wanted to officially start the date, and gave Sakura a kiss.

starting-the-dae-with-a-kiss.png

Someone saw Sakura and waved and Sakura waved back explaining to Wolfgang that it was a friend from work. Wolfgang said he would head inside and order them some drinks. Sakura nodded her head and said she would be there in a minute.

When Sakura finished her conversation, she was about to head inside and join Wolfgang when she saw Thorne Bailey come out of the lounge and head straight for her.

as-soon-as-they-get-there-sakura-sees-thorne-bailey.png

Thorne: "YOU! I recognize you from the other night. Why did you leave so suddenly? I was hoping to hear more of your guitar playing..."

Sakura was speechless, "Um...I didn't think anyone was listening, so I stopped..." Sakura looked at Thorne...oh gosh...he was dreamy...she thought she was going to faint.
    thorne-and-sakura.png

Thorne: "Well, I was...you are quite good. Just maybe need a "look"...love the hair, though. What's your name?"

Sakura swallowed hard. Oh gosh, Thorne Bailey was actually speaking to her, and then he hugged her like they were long-lost best friends, "It's Sakura..." she said as she saw the paparazzi flash some photos of them together.

and-all-of-a-sudden-there-was-a-paparrazzi-taking-a-photo-of-tem.png

Thorne: "Oh yes, love the name. Very distinctive...you got talent, Sakura. Here is the name of my PR Agent. He is always looking for fresh new talent. And you're it, doll."

wolfgang-had-come-out-to-see-what-was-keeping-sakura.png

Wolfgang came out of the club just then looking for Sakura, and saw Thorne Bailey with his arms wrapped around her, "What the heck was going on here? he thought, "Was Thorne Bailey hitting on Sakura?" He certainly trusted Sakura...it was Thorne Bailey he didn't trust.

okay-thorne-i-thank-you.png

Sakura: "Mr. Bailey...this is my fiance, Wolfgang Munch. He's a mechanical engineer..." she said beaming at Wolfgang.

doll-gotta-go-see-you-around.png

Thorne nodded at him absently, and as Sakura chatted with someone else, Thorne spoke to Wolfgang, "Sakura's got talent. Don't hold her back..." and then it's like Thorne just dismissed Wolfgang and wandered off.

your-fiance-has-a-chance-to-go-far-in-this-industry-dont-hold-her-back.png

Wolfgang looked after Thorne Bailey in disbelief. Even though he thought Thorne Bailey was rather arrogant, Thorne had called Sakura by her first name, and said she had talent. Wolfgang always knew that Sakura was talented. She just needed to believe it herself.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wolfgang and Sakura headed into the lounge together and sat at the bar. Wolfgang ordered them some drinks. When their drinks arrived, Wolfgang looked over at Sakura and saw she was staring at her drink and looked distracted.

is-everything-okay-sakura.png

Wolfgang: "My love...what's wrong? Since this morning when I came in the house and saw you staring into the mirror, I sensed something was not right. It's not us, is it? You're not...you're not having second thoughts about us...about the wedding are you?"

Sakura gasped, "Oh no! Wolfgang...never...you make me so happy and I can't wait for us to be married. It's not that...oh...I'm so sorry if that is what you thought."

im-fine-really-i-am-everything-is-pretty-much-planned.png

Wolfgang: "Is it the wedding planning? Is that something that is stressing you out?"

anything-i-can-do-to-help-sakura.png

Sakura: "Oh, no...the wedding plans are practically all done thanks to your Mom, Luna and Sofia. Luna has handled all the fashion co-ordinating. I'm sure she has already asked for your suit size. She has picked the most stylish dresses for her and Sofia, and the guys' tuxes look so good. And I also asked Elsa, Sofia's sister to be a Jr. Bridesmaid, and she will be walking down the aisle with Lucas. Their outfits are so adorable. Luna has been texting me all the photos. She has done an absolutely fabulous job with it...although, she hasn't shown me what you will be wearing..."

free-drinks-at-the-bar.png

Wolfgang laughed, "Well, there has to be some surprises, right? Yeah, apparently, when we get to Windenburg on Winterfest Eve, Gunther, River, Lucas and I have to go for a suit fitting."

sakura-i-would-do-anything-for-you-anything.png

Sakura: "Yes, Luna told me, and she, Sofia, your Mom and I are going to do the wedding favors. And, of course, they want to see my dress..."

Wolfgang raised his eyebrows, "You mean they haven't seen it yet?"

sakura-are-you-excited-just-one-more-week.png

Sakura: "Well...no...I was going to purchase one...but then I found the one I already had..."

Wolfgang: "What? You already had one? Um...had you bought one already?" asked Wolfgang a bit confused.

Sakura: "Actually, it's my mother's wedding dress. I had thought it was lost in one of the moves, and I was quite saddened by the loss. But when I was re-packing some boxes, I found it. It was under some other items, and I was thrilled to find it again. It really means a lot to me. I went to a dressmaker in town and it's being altered right now. It's a very delicate material...silk and the bodice is silk brocade."

you-know-our-date-is-continuing-whenm-we-get-home.png

Wolfgang: "Oh Sakura...I am sure you will look beautiful in it. Of course, you look beautiful in everything..." he said flirting with her a bit, "So, there is nothing I can help you with for the wedding preparations?"

Sakura thought for a moment, "No, I can't really think of anything...it's all been handled..."

clink-make-a-toast.png

Wolfgang: "Well, then, there is only one thing left to do..."

Sakura: "Oh, what's that?"

Wolfgang: "Make a toast to my lovely bride-to-be and to us..to our future...to our happiness together..."

ive-been-working-onm-a-song-for-the-wedding.png

Sakura: "Kanpai! (Cheers!)" she said holding up her glass and smiling at him.

Wolfgang looked at Sakura and although she was smiling, he still sensed there was something else bothering her. They finished their drinks, and Wolfgang asked Sakura if she wanted to dance.

they-danced-together.png

Afterwards, Wolfgang found a secluded couch for them to sit at so they could talk.

Wolfgang held Sakura's hands in his, "Sakura, I know there is something else bothering you. You seem so tense tonight. I am going to be your future husband, so whatever it is, you've got to trust me and tell me. Don't you know how much I love you? I would never do you wrong. So, whenever you're ready to tell me, I am here to listen..."

Sakura decided to tell Wolfgang a portion of it: "Well, I've been getting all these phone calls lately, from...um...sims...and some of them are quite upsetting..."

sakura-you-know-i-am-going-to-be-your-future-husband-you-need-to-tell-me.png

Wolfgang smiled: "Is that it? Oh, Sakura, I've been getting them, too. Don't worry about those calls. These sims have nothing better to do than call up other sims and try to disrupt their lives..."

Sakura nodded and smiled: "I know...I'll try not to let them bother me..."

lets-go-home-its-too-crowded-here.png

Wolfgang stood up and gathered Sakura in his arms and gave her a kiss. She looked so vulnerable and all Wolfgang wanted to do was to keep her safe, "Did you want another drink at the bar?" he asked.

Sakura shook her head no and just held on to him.

Wolfgang: "Then, let's go home. I just want to be alone with you right now..." he said smiling at her, and they left the lounge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was cold and pouring down rain when they got home, and their umbrellas didn't even manage to keep them dry. In fact, poor Sakura's umbrella broke.

it-was-pouring-down-rain-when-they-came-home.png

Wolfgang grabbed Sakura's hand and they ran into the sauna. Sakura's teeth were chattering as she stood there shivering. Sakura's clothes were soaking wet, as were Wolfgang's.

Wolfgang: "Sakura, here..." he said handing her a towel, "Get out of those wet clothes and put this around you..." he said as he turned on the sauna.

how-about-a-quick-shower.png

Sakura did as he suggested and soon, she and Wolfgang were sitting in the sauna in their towels.

Wolfgang put his arm around her and rubbed her back, "Feeling warmer? More relaxed?" he asked as he looked into her eyes,

Sakura looked at him and knew that look and suddenly she felt very flushed, "Yes...I am getting warmer..."

one-day-we-will-have-a-houose-like-this.png

Wolfgang: "You know...I have some other ideas of how I can warm you up..." he said in a suddenly husky voice.

Sakura let out a breath, as he pulled her in for a kiss, "Oh Wolfgang", she breathed and she could think of nothing else but his lips on hers...

Okay then...getting a little bit too hot in here...let's just leave them alone to get...um...warm...

it-is-really-steamy-in-here.png

steamy-hearts.png

and-the-big-heart-in-steam-weds.png

sauna-woohoo.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Note:

Wolfgang has to complete another date for the SoulMate aspiration, and, of course, I forgot you can't do that when there is already a holiday in place for the day. Gosh darn it! So, somehow, he has to take Sakura on another date before the wedding...but I am thinking of something...lol
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited June 2021
    @Ellupelluellu -
    Oh...hehehe...I knew that was Malcolm's personal mission! It's about time! And what a perfectly beautiful cover shot of the day. Just fantastic and I love how you did the work-around, too :) Congrats to Melody and Malcolm on their engagement. Woot! So, that is how Wolfgang looks in your game...lol...he isn't a blonde. Midnight rendez-vous with Christie? Yes, that is interesting. What are they up to? And they don't even notice this huge ship in the sky overhead. lol Dazed and confused is what they are! And a lovely way to end the evening with some stargazing. Wonderful up-date! :)
    edited June 2021
    @Ellupelluellu
    The Batuu adventures look fun...and yay for Malcolm's personal mission. It was the perfect place to do it, under two moons. And very clever of you to get that perfect background by building a tower for them and teleporting there. It definitely paid off, since that was a super cool and unique proposal, and it's perfect for them <3 I really enjoy your pictures of parking the Millennium Falcon in Strangerville too haha

@Skeilah
    Alex and Audrey are so cute aged up, and I love how tiny they are. Great pose too, super sweet. The romance stuff with Naoki is super cute too and so funny that Naoki scared him as a response to giving him a rose LOL. That's cool how stuff they can win awards for stuff they've done ages ago when they get famous. And yay, fun to see Roxanne, she makes a great bouncer haha!

Congrats to Bryon for winning an award too! Love the daily pic. And the twins are super cute, and very nice of Audrey to clean up her own messes haha. Better than when they were toddlers. The backyard looks nice too, and now since the twins are kids, the whole family can enjoy the pool. And they should totally woohoo in that observatory sometime HAHA.

@SoulGal7
    Lydia calls Jules ALL THE TIME. And shows up ALL THE TIME. So it's not just your game haha. I'm impressed that you found a way to include it in the actual story though, because my Lydia stuff always happens "behind the scenes" haha. It does seem realistic though that Kiyoshi might miss Sakura though and feel like he wants to try again with her, he's shown in his personality that he can be quite wishy washy with staying committed. But I hope that he ends up being happy and committed to Kaori and their two little boys. And it's realistic for Sakura to have some feelings for Kiyoshi too, even if she will never act on them again. You never forget your first love.

EDIT: Sorry, hope you see this, I just realized I missed your second update.

Lol is that Sofia passed out on the side walk? Guess she can't handle her best friend's fame haha. Nice of Thorne to help to recognize her talent and help her out a bit too, but hopefully he behaves himself and doesn't get too flirty. After all he has a wife and a kid!

And I love that Sakura's gonna wear her mom's wedding dress. That is so special 🥰And nothing like a sauna woohoo to help them both feel less tense. You can always cancel the holiday and then have a goaled event - I do that sometimes if it's a holiday I don't care about, even though they will get sad for a bit for having a terrible holiday. You can have dates at home too - maybe Wolfgang can even just cook her a nice dinner and they can cuddle and watch a movie or something :)

@IllusoryThrall
    Uh oh, Bennie's missing again, and on his birthday...but I guess I hope he'll come back? Honestly, with the way he's been acting lately, I'm really not rooting for him much these days...

How long are you gonna make Marnie's pregnancy? Assuming she is actually pregnant, that line about no bump made me curious if she's having a false positive or something...but if you're doing a slow pregnancy like I am in my game, then it is for sure realistic that she's not showing yet.

@Karababy52
    I loved your dialogue for that scene, and I could tell you had a really fun time with it. Greats screenshots too! How much does the game give you in regards to titles and character names - I was just curious how much you were making up and how much was stuff the game generated, either way, I love it, and it fit in perfectly with the scene. Essa's hair is so fun too! I always love a good woohoo with Josh and Essa as well, it's always fun to see how in love they are with each other. <3

@sassytxbrat
    Haha, where did all those kids and toddlers come from? And good work with Mia on her Batuu adventure as always :)
    edited June 2021
    @permanentrose
    I set pregnancy to 22 days, so it's still early for her. She's definitely pregnant, though. :wink: I hear you about not wanting to root for Bennie. He may not know any better, but that's not really an excuse in my book... Still, poor Marnie. (Although she wouldn't be in this position if she hadn't done it to herself..) Oh, and I chose 22 days because I'm head canon'ing that one month in Real life = one year in game, so I did the math.
    @IllusoryThrall
    My pregnancies are set to 40 days I think, but that's gonna be too long since I need to age Jules up at the end of this month, so I'm just manually progressing it using MCCC and doing vague passage of time posts and hoping it makes sense haha. I like your reasoning for 22 days though!
    Oasis Springs: Day Twenty-One - ... And I'll Cry If I Want To!
    06-20-21_9-20-06-pm.jpg
    Bennie’s cake was stinky, mute evidence that he never did come home, Drunk or sober. And his work apparently hadn’t seen him, either, because Marnie had gotten a call from them, looking for him. She was starting to get pretty worried.
    06-20-21_9-15-32-pm.jpg
    The twins, however, were definitely having a good time. They seemed mostly immune from the melancholy that was sweeping the Malone household. A sadness that was only going to get worse…
    06-20-21_9-18-31-pm.jpg
    Because, shortly after Marnie went to pay the weekly bills, she got a call from the bank. There had been a major withdrawal the night Bennie disappeared, and there was only about 200 Simoleans in the bank. His bonus from the TV show was gone. Marnie took a deep breath, and put on a brave face for the kids.
    06-20-21_9-27-19-pm.jpg
    She may not be able to pay the bills, but at least they still had groceries… for now. So she made some Franks N Beans for breakfast, and called the kids in to eat.
    06-20-21_9-28-59-pm.jpg
    It was clear to Jaz that something was wrong. I mean, other than the fact that Bennie seemed to be missing. Jaz didn’t quite know what to do about it, though. They were a bit afraid to try to call Gemma with Marnie watching everyone’s moves closely, though, so Jaz simply looked forward to Tuesday’s appointment.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    In Willow Creek, at the police station…
    06-17-21_8-51-40-pm.jpg
    Chief of Police Scott Barrier was prepared for a long day. He’d already interviewed Benji’s associates, and knew most of the story.. so getting a confession would just be icing on the cake. But there was one major piece missing, and he meant to get it out of the youngster in front of him.
    06-17-21_8-51-49-pm.jpg
    “So.. Benji, huh? How’d you get saddled with a dog’s name?” Scott asked, sitting down across from Benji.

“It’s not a dog’s name.” Benji growled. “It’s just short for Ben Jr.”

“You mean you’ve never seen the movie Benji??” Scott joked.

“There’s a movie?” Benji asked, clueless as to why the man was talking about movies and dogs.

“Yeah, it’s about a stray dog that.. oh, who am I kidding, it’s a sad movie anyway. You didn’t miss much.” Scott smiled, and pulled out some file folders.
    06-17-21_8-52-34-pm.jpg
    “Let’s go over what we know. We know you robbed several retail stores in the area. Most petty crimes, just a few bucks worth of stuff here and there. We also know you and your girlfriend, Shaylee, robbed the Landgraabs the night before Winterfest. You spent most of that on a party for your family.. which was nice and noble.. but still.. misguided. So your gang got greedy. You went for the Goths and made out like true bandits.” Scott began, flipping through the file in front of him while watching Benji’s face flash briefly with pride about the Winterfest party and the Goth robbery.
    06-17-21_8-52-13-pm.jpg
    “And?.. What do you need me for, if you already know everything?” Benji said, full of bluster.

“We’re missing one important detail. None of these robberies triggered an alarm. They were still caught on surveillance.. so don’t try to say it wasn’t you doing the deed.. but the videos were all closed circuit at the victim’s residence, so the alarm company was completely in the dark. Literally. How’d you get past the alarms? Master Codes? Inside knowledge?”
    06-17-21_8-52-59-pm.jpg
    “I am not telling you anything.” Benji spat out, knowing it was best that he kept quiet. Even if it was about a detail that should have been obvious.
    06-17-21_8-53-34-pm.jpg
    “Really? That’s how you’re playing this?” Scott asked, drily.
    06-17-21_8-53-40-pm.jpg
    Benji just sat there and looked at him. Sighing, Scott just watched him for a moment, but apparently Benji was used to staring matches having grown up in so large a family.
    06-17-21_8-53-57-pm.jpg
    “Fine. I have something else to show you.” He reached down beside him and pulled out another file folder.
    06-17-21_8-54-11-pm.jpg
    “These are the surveillance shots. The big-ticket item was Ms. Goth’s prize violin. Now, that’s the piece that takes this crime from petty larceny to grand larceny, simply by value alone. We know your girlfriend, Shaylee, is the one who actually took it.”
    06-17-21_8-54-18-pm.jpg
    Scott slid the still images from the video across the table at Benji. Benji looked at the pictures with a smug smile, then looked back at Scott, still silently.

“At this point, we know you’re the ringleader. Most of your friends will be free to go. But Shaylee, now, she’s in for the long haul, just like you. Because she took that violin. If you cooperate with us, and explain the alarm thing, help us find the missing violin, and tell me that Shaylee only took it because you told her to…. I can maybe see that Shaylee gets less time.” Scott picked up the images and slid them back into the folder.
    06-17-21_8-55-15-pm.jpg
    “Now, I can understand that you want to keep yourself out of trouble, but making Shaylee pay for something that wasn’t her idea seems pretty mean. Especially as she knows that whether she does hard time or not is riding completely on you. I don’t think she’s likely to be very happy with you if you keep holding out on us.” Scott said slyly, watching a sort of panic cross Benji’s face.

But after that brief moment, Benji stayed quiet.

“Fine. Think about it. I’ll talk to you more tomorrow.” Scott started to stand up, and gather his file folders.
    06-17-21_8-53-49-pm.jpg
    “So, if I talk, Shaylee gets what? A shorter sentence? Or can she go free? I need to know what the deal actually is.”

Scott smiled to himself. Jackpot. “I can see to it that she gets only time already served after the trial. She’ll go free.”

“And Shay will know it was ME who got her out of hard time, right?” Benji said, still stalling.

“Of course.” Scott said, taking out a pen and a paper.

With a big sigh, Benji rubbed his hands together. “Okay. The violin is at a storage locker. We haven’t been able to find a buyer for it yet, unfortunately. I can tell you where it is. As for the alarm, you must not be very perceptive. Londyn has an inside man at the alarm company. They’ve been dating for months. She can get any alarm code to any house for miles around. We just had to cherry-pick which houses we wanted to hit. And none of this was Shaylee’s fault. She was only along for the ride. Her idea of stealing things is candy bars from the shops.” Benji snickered, then sighed and continued, “What else do you need to know? Is that enough to let Shay go free?”

“Not bad, son. Not bad. There are a few other details you could clear up, though. There used to be a suit of armor in front of your Dad’s store. We’ve heard tell a remarkably similar one has come up for sale at an auction not too long ago. Your Dad, however, knew nothing about it when we talked to him. In fact, he had no idea it was worth anything. You wouldn’t happen to know anything about it, would you?” Scott asked.

Looking down guiltily… Benji said, “If I tell you that, can you get me another phone call?”

Scott looked at him quizzically. “Of course.”

“Alright, Yeah. That’s where I got the money to get out of that rat’s nest of a house with Shay.”

“Ahhh. Okay. Now that’s better. All you need to do is write a statement about what you just told me. I assume you actually know how to write, despite your high school grades?” Scott slid some paper and a pen towards the young man, as he watched anger rise into Benji’s face.

Benji snatched the pen. “Of course I can write, you fool….” and looked down, immediately starting to write.

Scott Barrier stood up, adjusted his hat, and smiled to himself. Easy as taking candy from a baby. Not that he would do that sort of thing, mind you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    06-18-21_6-15-43-pm.jpg
    Much later, he handed the young man a phone, and watched him with a bemused look, wondering who he was going to call.
    benjicall.jpg
    Marnie’s phone rang later that afternoon, and she answered it nearly right away, only to find out it was from the Willow Creek Police Department. Thinking it might be Bennie, stuck in the drunk tank or something, she okayed the charges (glad that the phone hadn’t been cut off for non payment… yet…) .. and waited to hear Bennie’s apology. (She had answered the phone so fast, she hadn’t bothered to check caller ID..)
    06-18-21_6-16-22-pm.jpg
    “Hey, … Mom?” Benji started, hesitantly.

“Benji!! What on earth are you doing at the police department?” Marnie asked, taken aback.

“I’m in jail. I thought Dad would have told you.” Benji replied.
    06-20-21_9-24-04-pm.jpg
    “Um… no. Actually, Benji, your father is missing. I haven’t seen him in a couple of days. .. but.. wait.. why are you in jail?” Marnie was confused, and the news that her eldest son was in jail felt like a blow to her chest.

“He’s .. what?” Benji asked, stunned.

“We.. uh .. we had a big fight. About me being pregnant again. We both said some things we shouldn’t have. He slept on the couch that night. When I woke up, he was gone. Nobody has seen him since.” Marnie kept the bit about the missing paycheck money and the unpaid bills to herself. “Did he say anything to you about where he might have gone?”

“No, Mom, I have no idea. I was just calling to see if you could call to get a good lawyer for me and Shay. I don’t care about the rest of the gang, but me ‘n Shay definitely need some help, here.” Benji said, trying not to sound desperate.

“Benji, hon, I can’t afford a good lawyer.” Marnie finally confessed with a sigh, “I can’t even pay the bills. Your father took all the money that was in the bank with him.”

“Oh.” Benji said, trying to process the news that his Dad was probably gone for good from the sounds of it. Running off with the cash was taking a page out of Benji’s book, but it definitely sounded permanent. “Um… Yeah. I have no idea where he could have gone. Maybe you should go to the cops. I mean – about him being missing. Maybe something happened?”

Marnie thought for a moment, then answered, “I should probably do that. I’m sure the kids can keep the twins busy for a couple hours. Since I can’t afford a sitter….” her voice trailed off.
    06-18-21_6-16-35-pm.jpg
    “30 seconds! Wrap it up, son!” the officer barked, startling Benji.

“Oh, uhhh.. Mom? I gotta go.”

The last thing he heard from Marnie was a faint “Okay” and a click as she hung up. Looking at the phone for a moment, still reeling from the news of Bennie’s disappearance, Benji looked a bit like a deer in headlights.

The officer took the phone back, and escorted Benji back to his cell.
    06-17-21_9-14-52-pm.jpg
    Benji, for once glad he had a cell to himself, laid back on the bed morosely, trying to process all that had happened that day.
    06-17-21_9-15-42-pm.jpg
    06-17-21_9-18-20-pm.jpg
    … Elsewhere in the jail, his cohorts all had things on their minds, too. But getting Benji a good lawyer wasn’t one of the things they were concerned about.
    06-17-21_9-20-19-pm.jpg
    Also in a cell by herself, Shaylee was curled up in a ball on her bed. She’d been feeling sick to her stomach for several weeks now, and she was afraid she knew what the cause might be. She had never said anything to Benji, however…. because, based on the timing of the sickness, it wasn’t Benji’s baby. She didn’t think he was going to be all that happy about who’s baby it was, either. Maybe she could just not tell him. What he never knew wasn’t going to hurt him, right? …
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    (Message gotten on Marnie’s phone after talking to Benji…)
    bella.jpg
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Later, also at the police station:
    06-21-21_11-09-54-am.jpg
    “Ma’am? Can I help you?” an officer asked from behind the desk.
    06-21-21_11-11-14-am.jpg
    “Yeah. I .. uh.. need to report my husband missing.” Marnie said, standing up and walking over to the man.

“Oh? How long has he been gone? We can’t put in a missing persons report for at least two days, you know..”
    06-21-21_11-12-51-am.jpg
    “Oh, it’s been more than that. His cake spoiled.” Marnie paused, swallowed, and apologized, “Sorry, It was his birthday that he went missing on. He also drained the bank account.”

“Oh? Well, then that’s different. What’s his name?” the officer asked, sitting beside her.
    06-21-21_11-13-05-am.jpg
    “Bennie.. I mean Benjamin Malone. Senior.” Marnie replied, hoping against hope that the man would recognize the name and be able to tell her something. Hopefully good news.
    06-21-21_11-13-27-am.jpg
    Scott Barrier gasped. The coincidence was uncanny. “Bennie, huh? I would assume he’s Ben Jr’s Father? Has he a history of disappearing?”
    06-21-21_11-13-18-am.jpg
    “No, of course not.” Marnie said sharply. “What can we do about the missing money, by the way…. And how do I fill out a missing persons report?”
    06-21-21_11-22-25-am.jpg
    “Here, Ma’am, just come to my office. I can help you with that. We can put in a report about both. But I will tell you.. You’re not likely to see a penny of that money every again if he did take it when he left.”

Marnie hid her face in her hands for a moment. Then, she managed to get herself together. “Well, then. Let’s get this report done. I need to get back home to my kids.”
    edited June 2021
    June - Day 21: "A winner is a dreamer who never gives up!"

NG2wSRo.png

Notes
    mvb3qJL.png
    Essa and Josh arrived at Studio PBP for the Starlight Accolades a little early. Standing with them were some familiar faces. Nikolas Masters looks like the most badbutt bouncer I've ever seen. He looks like he could seriously mess anyone up that tried to get past him. Or, perhaps use them for a quick snack instead!

ZiHs5di.png
    Veera arrived in a yellow ensemble looking absolutely stunning, as usual. She didn't go inside though, just posed for pictures and left.

QGldnk8.png
    Only to later arrive in yet another stunning purple dress with a deep décolletage showing off two of her many assets.

mvmuxZu.png
    Rather than have Essa and Josh transportalate, this time Essa sailed right past Nik going through the door with no problem. Josh on the other had was stopped by Nik from going inside. No problem though, Josh just greased his palm with 500 simoleans and Nik was all smiles. I agree with what Nik had to say about all this. He is the coolest bouncer!

Meanwhile, you may notice that Veera had left and come back again. This time in a casual outfit. I guess she was just having fun showing off her extensive wardrobe for the paparazzi.

3xNS5m0.png
    Josh sat down next to Essa and blew her a kiss for good luck. Look who our Hostess is for the evening, Melody Connors! She doesn't look too happy about it though.

*Note - @Ellupelluellu I meant to make Melody a celebrity too, but haven't yet. I never expected she'd show up as a Hostess. I'm glad to see her here, but I apologize for it too. She's a celebrity now though, so this shouldn't happen again. o.O Perhaps if Essa is nominated again, Melody will show up to get all the attention she deserves as a celebrity here as well!

LVrDcS4.png
    While waiting for the Gala to start, Essa and Josh had eyes only for each other. Neither one noticed Adam waving and trying to get Essa's attention. I noticed Melody is now pouting in Adam's direction. Perhaps he refused to give her an autograph and that's why she's sad? She had a job to do though and walked to the microphone to start the ceremonies.

y5hxBNp.png
    What a wonderful surprise! The first award of the evening went to Essa for Best Acting in her most recent performance! Yay! Congratulations Essa! I'm so glad her first award is actually for acting! Running Bare was a good song, but she was really hoping for an award for her acting instead.

lGpiSlh.png
    "There's someone very special to me I'd like to thank first for this award. My fiancé, Josh Hunter. Without his support, encouragement and love, I would not be standing here tonight."

xYP1n8q.png
    "Thank you so much Babe! We did it! I love you so much!"

hIxq1rp.png
    "And thank you to my fans, for all your love too! I couldn't have done this without you either!" Essa said while blowing kisses toward the audience. Melody raised her fist in the air with a cheer. But I think it was for someone else who had just entered the Gala.

5t2OZEr.png
    "I didn't think I had any talent for acting, or had any experience with it. But, Josh reminded me I actually did. I spent most of my life acting as someone other than myself, out of necessity, out of fear for my very life. Thankfully that terrifying part of my life is behind me now and I can be myself. My true self."

8olwRRP.png
    "So, thanks again to you Josh and for always being by my side. You're my champion, my Hero. I'd also like to thank my co-stars, the studio crew, the Director and everyone else who played a part in making this movie which helped to make this moment in my life a reality."

GrK1v5x.png
    "I'd like to thank my Father who never stopped looking for me, never stopped loving me and believed that one day we would be together again. Thank you to L. Faba, the woman who cared for me like her own. Thanks Mom! And, lastly, thank you to Morgyn, my big brother, my first playmate and best friend who also played a large part in who I am today. I love you all! "

HwPzplo.png
    "This is for all of you! I hope I've made you proud! Thank you!"

W2yfDem.png
    Essa took a seat to watch the rest of the Gala. Upon seeing Veera, Melody covered her mouth and then gasped.
    "Hi Sweetie, you're doing a great job!"
    "Thanks Mom. We're just getting started, please have a seat."

TXGscmW.png
    "Alright, I will." Veera said and sat down right on top of Josh's feet.
    (Oh man, I have a Goddess on my feet. Please forgive me for staring, but...Wow!)
    (Uh, Josh, eyes up dear. Stop staring at Veera's boobs!)
    (Oh, yeah, okay...boobs...)

sq7OBdE.png
    After a few more awards were announced the Gala was over and everyone began to leave Studio PBP. Essa got up immediately to go give Melody a hug and chat a little to catch up with her friend.
    (Josh, you're still staring at her, at...them!)
    (I can't help it. I'm a guy, with a gorgeous celebrity on my feet.)
    (Hello, Essa? Remember her? Your fiancé who won an award tonight?)

v2fkIdB.png
    Josh finally tore his eyes from Veera and stood up to walk over and give Essa a big hug and a kiss of congratulations as Melody stood by smiling at them.

r3WEpyr.png
    "You did it Beautiful! You're the best actress in the world, just like I knew you would be. Congratulations!"
    "We did it!"
    (Aww, these two are just too cute together!)

nA0KBBt.png
    "Let's go home and celebrate!"
    "I like the sound of that very much. I love you Josh."
    "I love you too Beautiful, always."
    "Bye Melody, we'll see you soon. Stop by any time or better yet call first. I'm sorry we missed you before."
    "Bye Essa, Josh. It's okay, I know you're busy and it's a big house. I'll call you later and Congratulations again!"

SnlX1pw.png
    "I still can't believe it. It all seemed to happen so fast. One minute I'm a nobody in this town. The next, a Global Superstar with an award for Best Acting. It just seems so unbelievable."

PT3kKmZ.png
    "Believe it Beautiful, you've earned it. You're a star, you've always been a star in my eyes. Now the world knows too."
    "It's just an acting award though. I'm proud of having it. But it means nothing compared to having you to share it with. Now...I seem to remember 'someone' said something about celebrating? Race you?"

Josh took Essa's hand to pull her back into his arms as she turned to run. He kissed her, then slightly pulled away and whispered in her ear.

"I can't wait that long, I want you. Right here, right now." He nibbled on her ear, sending shivers of delight down Essa's back as she felt him unfasten her dress at the neckline. It fell from her body to puddle at her feet. Essa combed her fingers lovingly through his long, silky hair as Josh followed the dress down with a trail of tender kisses...

(Okay, I think we better give these two some privacy.)

I apologize for not getting to comments last night, it had been a long day and I was just too tired. I'll start on those next though. I hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited June 2021
    @SoulGal7 ,
    Haha, yes, that is how Wolfie is in my game , always :) Usually with longer hair tho, but as he is in military in this save, a short hair :) He has black facial hair, so my take on it is that he just dyed his hair to blonde at his rebel teen years, but during time he stops doing it :p Thank you for your comments about the pics :) It was a bit long time they had to just stand idle up in that tower untill finally the moons were up enough :joy:
    -- Sakura, you should not even reply to that ex boyfriend of yours!! Just let him call, or change the number :)
    -- Sakura , you should really tell him the caller was Kiyoshi. And if I remember right, Wolfie also has something he should tell him. They are getting married, no reason to hide these things. UU! steamy ending <3

@Karababy52 ,
    EDIT: Woo ! but yes host can be anyone :) Mine was Judith :D Replying more later.
    -- Well.. what a .. colorful update, literally :joy: Great that she got nominated! So, double celebration about the nomination , before the gala :p<3
    --replying more later

@permanentrose ,
    Thank you for your comments about the pics :) I suck at photoediting, so that tower was pretty much my only way :)
    -- Haha, poor Pickle , so confused! First that horrible water earlier and now those simhumans make all silly and weird moves!!!! Lol, Jules really was not that lucky in that temple :D Good thing that she could not die :p

@sassytxbrat ,
    Great shot, that daily one! :smiley:

ETA: edited, as really not my business
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on

@permanentrose
    Absolutely beautiful elopement for these two. I love her simple white dress. :) Very sweet how they wrote their own vows too. Hubby and I actually did that for our Wedding. <3 Oh and about Jules taking Emmett's last name. I had thought about Essa keeping her's as well, because she's a celebrity. But she won't always be one and I like the thought of her being Essa Hunter, so she'll take his name when they get married. These days, not everyone changes their name for a variety of reasons.

I guess others will walk by houses, but they rarely actually visit. But who knows, maybe they do and we just don't hear them. We SO need doorbells in this game. I really don't understand why we don't. Had them in other iterations, why not this one? Adam ended up being okay, he didn't get hit again. He walked to the spawning spot and disappeared.

With the singing skill, I think they somewhat tried to make it so some have a natural talent, while others don't. It just doesn't really work all that well. I've heard some Sims singing with low skills that sounded great! But it's rare. I believe that's the movie this Sims movie was modeled after. I love that movie! Yes, the Yarnies move around just like the Harvestfest Gnomes do. But, I think they only move if every Sim in the house is sleeping. That's been my experience with them anyway.

I could be wrong, but I think they can catch all the JA fish in the 'normal' fishing areas too. Give it a try if they have the time when they go again. I think it might take awhile for the reputation to recover. I don't know for sure. I just don't like the nasty phone calls they get from others admonishing them for being a 'bad' person. o.O

Thanks about the basement fiasco. It's a bummer, I wish they'd fix that. There's reports about it, so perhaps it's something they're working on. *shrugs* I had fun making it anyway and having them bowl. I might just put a lane down in Newcrest or something for Josh to use. I made the bar in Sulani into the 'Sand Bar and Bowl' so maybe I'll just plop a copy of that there. :)

Good for Jules getting a ding for the aspiration! Nice shot framed by the temple door! Oh I've seen that bar area before. I read there's some kind of hidden mission involved with it and a song on the radio. But I could never figure out what it was or had the hidden mission unlock. Could probably Google it and find out though. ;) Oh I absolutely LOVE the Rumbasim dance! It's almost worth going to Selvadorada just to learn that dance! hehe

hehe Good old (literally!) fruitcake to the rescue! :D Great idea just going with the flow and having fun with those traps since Jules can't die anyway. Her face with the dart, sorry it's just so funny! Even funnier when she gets that curse. Poor Jules! Good idea curing her anyway. I would've done the same thing. :)

Thanks, I did have a lot of fun with those cheesy lines. Didn't think much about them, just went with whatever came to mind. The game gives a description for each gig, I just had forgot what it said after I'd taken the screenshots and didn't feel like going back in game to check. So everything I wrote was completely made up. I have no idea if any of it has anything to do with the real plot of the movie. I should look and see what it says, see how close I was to the real plot. Probably not very close at all! :D

Essa's hair and make-up was a kick eh? Didn't even look like her at all! It's a bold choice, but fit her character, whatever her character was anyway. I have no idea! Obviously! :D I can't not have these two woo hoo all the time, it's just a part of who they are. They are a very lusty couple and very much in love with each other.

@SoulGal7
    Using that little house and townie in Newcrest worked out so well! Thanks about the basement fiasco. HAHA And thanks for 'explaining' what happened! :D I love your sense of humor! hehe It's all cool now though. :)

Hmm, when will the wedding be and any kids? Your guess is as good as mine! :D But seriously, the next time I have a large chunk of days leftover in a month is probably when they will get married. I want a big wedding in the ROM for them, but that might not happen. We'll see... ;)

o.O Uh, yeah, what a creepy call from that fan about getting a lock of Sakura's hair.
    GAH! Go away Kyoshi! You had your chance, you blew it! Sakura is in love with and engaged to be married to Wolfgang. Go give the Mother of your twins some time. Take Kaori to the Spice Festival! She probably deserves some fun after HAVING YOUR BABIES! Sheesh!

So sweet of Wolfgang to notice her mood and take her out on a date. I just love this guy! :) Wow, so cool Thorne wants to help her and thinks she has talent. Kind of funny how he just brushed off Wolfgang though. :D Glad Sakura somewhat told Wolfgang what was bothering her, in a round-about way. I think these two need to stop keeping secrets from each other though. Yes, Wolfgang will be upset, but anyone would in that situation. Oh well, I guess some things never change and these two will always have secrets or misunderstandings. Very cool Sakura found her Mother's dress, it sounds beautiful, can't wait to see it!

Woo Hoo! Literally! ;) Hmm, that's one place Essa and Josh have not explored yet. Might just have to get them a sauna now. hehe Ugh, bummer about the Soulmate date not counting if there is a Holiday. Bums me out it's set up like that. I'm sure you'll figure out another date for them before the wedding. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    It was the perfect pic to explain why that Stormtrooper let Melody go. hehe I'm glad I got the Anger issue figured out too. I hate the nasty phone calls they can get. And yeah, the basement thing was sad and frustrating. I hope they fix it soon. I don't have much hope though, but maybe. *shrugs*

LOVE your Daily post pic for Resistance is futile! Batuu looks so dang pretty! I need to get some of my Sims there! Especially Essa and Josh ;) So I'm guessing First Order popcorn is really good eh? Wonder what Hondo wanted in the package. Nice pay day for Melody and Malcom though! Yay! So Hondo doesn't like Malcom? You'd think with his mischief trait Hondo would love him. They are scoundrels after all. hehe Glad he got along with Vi though and got a mission. :) Congrats to Malcom for completing the mission! Hope he also got a nice chunk of credits for them. Looking forward to his own mission! ;)

*Dreamy sigh* What an absolutely beautiful proposal. Those screenshots are perfect. I'm so happy for these two! Congrats to Melody and Malcom on their engagement! <3 The Falcon looks badbutt too flying around. This entire post of screenshots was gorgeous! And I love how they're watching the stars at the end. Very clever how you got those screenshots! I'll have to remember that if I want to get any of the Moons/Suns there when my Sims go. Thanks for sharing how you got those screenshots. :)

@Skeilah
    HAHA I love Naoki! He IS a goofball. So funny how Bryon gives him a rose and Naoki scares him in return. The look on Bryon's face is priceless! :D Aww, and then redeems himself by nominating Bryon for an award for a book he wrote years ago. How sweet! The kids look great by the way. That height slider is really cool. Roxanne was a bouncer in my game too! She just seems to fit the part so well. :)

Wow, good to know the milestone counts toward autograph refusals too! I thought they'd have to actually give the autograph! Gah, was Bryon doing those incite cheers thing? I hate that! Not looking forward to having Essa do it at all. Congrats to Bryon though for completing the aspiration! I'm getting close to finishing the Acting one for Essa. Just two things left! Hope the one you just finished doesn't take too long, I'm running out of time. o.O

So sweet how they all fell asleep except Naoki! Glad they got to spend some family time together any way. :)

Aww, so sweet how Naoki reached Notable Newcomer just by giving Bryon some love! He could've bribed the bouncer though to get in without being a celebrity. But this way is more fun for both of them, and it's free! ;) Yay! Congrats to Bryon for winning an award for that book! He looks stunned about it. :)

@sassytxbrat
    Thanks so much about my basement fiasco. I know what I should've done. I just forgot there is a bug with basements. They have to be completely under the house or that happens. It makes the terrain raise up and destroys anything that was there. I hope they fix that some day soon. It's okay now though, I just didn't save. Bummer I had to play a couple days over, but oh well. These things happens I guess. :)
    June 16 & 17 - Del Sol Valley - It's The Weekend

expressway-sel-dol.png
    Sakura smiled as she made breakfast for herself and Wolfgang. Last night, her date with Wolfgang had been wonderful, and when they got home...afterwards...well...things really heated up. She blushed as she remembered what happened in the sauna.

making-breakfast-the-next-morning.png

And then they came inside, and got in their robes, and she had made some dinner for them. Then they spent the night snuggling on the couch and watching old movies together. And every now and then, Wolfgang would just reach over and kiss her cheek and look into her eyes and tell her he loved her. A few times when he told her, she had tears in her eyes, and she just brushed it off as being too emotional from the sappy movie they were watching. But the reality was that she was just so overcome with emotion about how she felt about Wolfgang, and how she knew he felt about her. There would never be anyone else for her but him.

Wolfgang came into the kitchen then and swooped in to give Sakura an autonomous kiss.

kiss-on-cheek-auto.png

Wolfgang: "You are looking radiant this morning...and...oh my....breakfast sure smells good."

Sakura: "I thought you would be hungry..." she said smiling at him.

Wolfgang had to work today from 10am - 6pm, and Sakura didn't start her job until tomorrow.

eating-breakfast-together.png

Wolfgang: "I was thinking that I was going to work on that rocket today. I am pretty much caught up in everything else. I do have some more parts to construct for the servo, but I thought I would do something different today. If you want, you could help. I'll be happy to supervise."

Sakura: "I can give you a hand for a few hours, but then I have to work on my painting. Work starts tomorrow, and they are expecting me to paint masterpieces. Can you believer it? So, I will have to try and spend some time on that."
    this-is-funny-wolf-asked-to-join-renegades.png

Wolfgang got a text message and laughed out loud, "This is funny! One of the members of the Renegades Club wants me to join the club again. I guess I still got it!"

Sakura laughed and looked at Wolfgang, "Oh yes...you still got it, alright..."

YOU-STILL-GOT-IT.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    record-a-video-opportunity.png

As Sakura was tidying up the kitchen, she got a text message from the Ad Agency where she had submitted some of her videos. They wanted her to submit a video right away on any topic, and she would be paid a bonus on top of a royalty. She thought that sounded good, and went in and looked at what was trending.
    trending-for-sat.png

Well, she didn't know too much about three of the trends, but she did know something about guitar, so she made a confident video.

recording-inspiring-vlog.png

Even though the Ad Agency had told her to submit the video "as is", she did add some effects and transitions and edited it a bit. She then submitted it and got an immediate response.
    sakuras-video.png

Sakura also needed to record and release a music track for Maxis Music, and Sakura thought of Wolfgang as she recorded the next song and called it "The Kiss."
    released-the-kiss-record.png

She was getting so proficient working with the different types of media, that she mastered it. Woot!
    mastered-media-product-sakura.png

wolf-woekin-at-homes.png

While Sakura was busy inside, Wolfgang was making a few tech items for Winterfest gifts and made a Chatter Bot for Lucas.

chatter-bot-creation.png

The Chatter Bot turned out a lot smaller than Wolfgang had hoped, so he might also make an RC Quadcopter, which Lucas might like a bit more.

working-on-rocket-wolf.png

Wolfgang then went outside and started working on the rocket.

Since Wolfgang had been working on the robotics workbench, Sakura decided to work on her painting first, and then help with the rocket. By the time she was done, it was dark and Wolfgang was still working on building the rocket.

But with Sakura's help, at least they got the main rocket built. Then they called it a night.

working-on-rocket-sakura.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sunday

Sakura sold her first painting on plopsy. Before they were placed on plopsy, a copy of the painting was made.
    first-painting-sold-on-plopsy.png

Sakura headed off to work and she got a pop up.
    impress-boss-sakura-side-job.png

respopnse-to-sakura-job-pop-up.png
    And while Sakura is at work, Wolfgang starts on up-grading the rocket ship.

working-on-upgrades-for-rocket.png

Sakura came home sore from work, and Wolfgang rode across the lawn to greet her when she got home. Just don't know why he changed into another outfit...but hey...I guess he wanted to look good for her. Ahhh....Wolfgang...now that's love.

sore-from-work-poo-sakura-sun.png

so-far-to-the-front-of-the-lot-that-he-has-to-ride-his-bike.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    edited June 2021
    Update 171 - More Exploring

yB7zMXQ.jpg
    After surviving the temple, they decided to continue on and explore more of the jungle. They stumbled upon an old plane wreckage, though there wasn't much else to see in that area.
    9HmIvqi.jpg

Then, they decided to show Ruby the overlook where they had gotten engaged.
    tN9MfUe.jpg

"Ruby, honey, please take a step back!" Jules demanded nervously as Ruby eagerly peered over over the edge.
    T1kqmVc.jpg

Ruby started feeling a little homesick after that.
    x7pRFeH.jpg

So Emmett comforted her with a "goofy" hug. Soon she was smiling again. (@karababy52 - I decided just to embrace the glitch like you do with Josh and those upgrades lol)
    v1gzFDB.jpg

Also Pickle decided to go tussle with a squirrel in one of those bushes and got himself Squirrel Scratch Fever. I can't be too mad though. This is the first time Pickle has needed a vet since he joined the family.
    uXpX9FB.jpg

Since the temple still had to reset, and now Pickle needed some veterinary care, and I wanted to move Manuela out of their household, now seemed like a good time to do a "behind the scenes" vacation end so I could take care of these things. But for story purposes, they aren't actually leaving the jungle yet.

At the the vet, I realized Pickle wasn't neutered yet. Let's take care of that - he doesn't need to go father a bunch of neighborhood pups haha. If you think Pickle looks sad and soulful usually, this cone just took it to the next level :D He'll be staying at the rental for the rest of this vacation to recover haha.
    gDQYOdm.jpg

And yep, someone familiar was at the vet with her sick pet as well. She really just can't wait until August to be part of the story again lol.
    NbHoaWA.jpg

At lot of entertaining things happened when they went back to the jungle, so I will save that for it's own update tomorrow :)

--

Also since this is a shorter post, I thought I'd include my plans for July if anyone is curious, since July is coming up kind of soon!

I don't have Eco Lifestyle, so yet again I unfortunately can't follow the world schedule with everyone else. I am also going back to school to be a Vet Tech starting on July 6th, so honestly I'm not sure what posting and keeping up with this challenge is gonna look like for me as I adjust to a new schedule. I've made it this far in this challenge though, and I don't plan on stopping now :)

So for July, my plans are to move Jules to Magnolia Promenade. It is a bummer that GTW doesn't come with an aspiration, but I have a plan to put some goals into place to keep my game play focused and pack related this coming month:

1. Jules will own a retail shop and obtain full perks 
    2. Jules will reach the top level of one of the active careers (probably the scientist one since that will make goal #3 easier)
    3. Jules will build a rocket ship and travel to Sixam (She will do the Nerd Brain Aspiration and also finish the Grilled Cheese one too)

I think those three tasks will keep Magnolia Promenade interesting enough, especially since I will be a lot busier.
    Post edited by permanentrose on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top