Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Part 33 is now available for viewing on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/VasrxWjwfL8

Delores and Daryl are enjoying their vacation. They visit two roller coasters in this episode and ride them both. Delores does two keg stands with the able assistance of Daryl - sort of able assistance of Daryl. In spite of a few mishaps along the way they are growing accustomed to each other and flirting and some romancing has begun. There was too much going on to squeeze it all in this episode so expect their vacation to continue into the beginning of the next episode.

Red-Roller-Coaster002.jpg

Vacation-Home.jpg

In this episode, apart from riding roller coasters, doing keg stands and riding a carousel they go scuba diving and explore two dive lots and meet a mermaid. They met Maya Ocean in episode 32 and in this next episode they met Mia Azul.

I hope you enjoy the video.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited June 2021
    Woah...no makeup River for my homeless save (hey, she's pretty...even if EA's original attire didn't do her justice). Hey, she can't run into Sephora and Revlon (yes, my English teacher would have a conniption, I used a noun as a verb She revlon'd (dolled herself up)) when she's on the street, right?
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    ...and...no, this is their first night on the street after having been "evicted" from their home by their "landlord" after he jacked up rent 150%.

Ugh...Haruo...what the hell are you wearing, you look like you were in Saturday Night Fever
    https://youtu.be/I_izvAbhExY
    What a leisure suit.

Yeah, I know. I was around when the BeeGees were big too... even if I was a kid at the time.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited June 2021
    It Doesn't Get Much Worse Than This (A Haruo/River Homeless Story) (...unless you count dying... Dying pretty much tops the list)

Chapter One; (Part One)
    "The Other Shoe Drops"

Homeless; it’s a word that conjures up fear in its most primal form. You are exposed, vulnerable. You have no succor from the stress of whether you are going to live to see the sun rise. And the rising of the sun is cold comfort for it only brings about yet another long day, sometimes fruitless of looking for food; the very nutrients that serve to sustain you in this miserable existence. The rain beats down on you as you sleep; you are always cold and at the mercy of the elements.

People always say that it’s bad life choices that brings the threat of homelessness. But that is only true for the drug addicts and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (chronic alcoholics - because EA censors that other word).

Not every homeless person has met his current situation at the pointy end of a needle filled with psychotropic drugs or by staring down the bottom of an alcohol bottle in a bleary haze to kill the pain.

Circumstances: a lost job because the owner thinks of his workers as checks and balances against a spreadsheet and needs to lose a few expenses to buy his next Mercedes (a penny saved is a penny earned, so they say); overwhelming grief over a beloved spouse lost to a life-threatening illness or an unfortunate accident that consumes the surviving spouse in a haze of unresolved what-ifs and wondering if it is worthwhile to even go on any longer after one loses the one person in their life that meant everything to them (they just give up on life); a landlord looking to renovict or turnover tenants, jacks up his rental rates to the point where his tenants have no place to go other than the streets because the other landlords seeing him jack up his rents causes them to jack up theirs in turn in order to compete.
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    Life is cutthroat and it appears that there is no room in the pillars of success for those who have empathy. Because very few have it in them who are in a position to help those who suffer and very few are willing to stick their necks out for those who are less fortunate than they are.

For me and my wife, it was the last. Our last landlord decided to jack my rents up to over §1200 a month and thus we were forced to find our next accommodation on a 5x5 plot of land somewhere in countryside. Because law enforcement will tell you to move along, you’re at their mercy. If you get a good cop, you’ll get off with a warning against loitering. If you get a bad one, you’ll get a ticket that since you’re homeless and you don’t have any money to pay it off other than by pan-handling and diving in dumpsters trying to look for things to sell for a quick simoleon, you end up a criminal and get hauled off to the cooler or Crowbar Hotel for a few until they deem you rehabilitated to the point where they feel you won’t be a menace to society just for trying to survive. Society can be a real 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to those just trying to survive. So far we’ve been lucky enough to run into the cops who are nice enough to just tell us to be on our way and not make our life any harder than it is. But they’ve also told us that there are some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 who will go out of their way to ticket you and make your life tough just for their own 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and giggles.
    Screenshot-4.jpg
    Let’s not get into how society treats those who are unfortunate enough to be both homeless and disabled. Both River and I are able-bodied. We can work, we can rummage through things and make ends meet, however it’s always a narrow line between trespassing and survival. The shop-keepers don’t like us rummaging through their stuff and the cops are always on our 🐸🐸🐸🐸 telling us to begone and don’t scare the paying customers who if they are willing enough will toss us a few simoleons so that we can buy a bite to eat. We mostly survive on fruits and vegetables that are one day from going bad thanks to the magnanimity of a shop-keeper who was once homeless himself and knew exactly what we’re going through.

Not everyone is capable of working in those money-making positions. Everyone has their strengths. Those who haven’t found theirs yet haven’t had the luck in their life to get a chance to know what they truly are good at. And mainly that’s due to finances. The almighty simoleon. You need to be able to have money to get the post-secondary education to put yourself in a position where you can find out what it is that you’re truly good at; if you don’t you’re destined for scudwork and being at the mercy of your boss’s magnanimity. If he likes you, you’re ok till he doesn’t like you. If you don’t have the simoleons, you don’t have power; buying or control over the course of your own destiny.
    Screenshot-30.jpg
    For us, we knew we needed to find shelter; the 10x10 plot of land that we were occupying wasn’t enough to build anything on and the only thing that we could put on it was a bench that one could nap on for a few hours at a time, taking turns. I don’t believe that anyone could get a decent night’s sleep. And breaking in anywhere such as the firestation to use their facilities was an absolute no-no. So...we had nowhere else other than to fish for our food and hope the conservation officers wouldn’t catch us because that would yet be another §5000 fine that we couldn’t pay. Loitering was §250.

The instant we found ourselves homeless the more we found that money, food and shelter were the primary things that were the most important, whether it came from hustling those who had money (pan-handling) or digging through the dumpsters for things to sell. I hadn’t gotten desperate enough to steal a car yet. And hopefully I never get to that point. It certainly wasn’t a situation I would wish on anyone at all. River and I were starting to get to know all the places where we could find free food – on the trees, which would allow us to at least take the edge of the constant hunger that we had. It would also give us extra food that didn’t go bad at least – it would be eaten long before it went bad. At least it was something and water was free, at least until Nestle decides to monetize it so that only the rich would be able to consume it and the rest of us are condemned to drink polluted water like those in the third world.

Unfortunately it seems in this world that everything is monetized up to and including life itself. Insurance companies end up offering you coverage based on how much they think you’re worth and it can be a real eye-opener when it comes to that. You think you can earn about $2.5M over the course of your life time at a certain wage per hour, well your insurance company things you can only earn about 2/3rds of your calculation and bases your insurance payout based on that while jacking up your life-insurance monthly payments to them. And the company life insurance that River and I had, well, we lost it the moment that they fired us for being homeless. So frankly the idea that it’s all drugs and bad choices that lead to homelessness is a load of horse manure and compassion is in short supply.
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    River and I stood for a long moment wondering how it all came to this. The simple fact that we found out via letter that our rent went from §900.00 to §1200.00 and the rent was payable on the first of the month which was in three days. Our savings were minimal since we had to eat and pay for our car expenses (gas and insurance) which came out in total to about §225.00. And at that job, my wife was making $1100.00 and I was making §975.00 which meant an influx of §2075/mo. On top of that. Being billed for cable and internet which ran us around §260.00/mo did not leave us very much at the end of it all. And now we had §0.00 income. So when you did the math, §2075 less §900 for rent less §225 for car insurance and the minimal gas that we could get and less §260.00 for cable and internet for the minimal enjoyment that we could get out of that since River and I didn’t go out to the movies or eat out much at all; in total came out to what was left of §690.00 which barely fed both of us including lunches and dinner. So frankly when the bill came that they were raising the rent by §300.00 it took half our food budget right off the table.

It’s easy to say well, cut your internet and cable. But to deny someone any sort of enjoyment of life and condemn them to drudging through life without anything to keep them from going stark-raving insane (all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy) is what is known as psychological torture. We only live once and what enjoyment we get in life is what gets us through the day. It is easy for those who already have life’s good stuff to say, “Deny yourself this, get rid of the internet, get rid of your cell phone. It’s eating money you can’t afford.” It’s another thing for them to have done it; and when they complain about how high their bills are and you ask them, “Well, why don’t you get rid of that second home that you own, or your secondary car? “Well...I need that second car? Do you really? Or, “I need the income from the secondary home...”. Well, if it’s going to be such a drain on your resources, then why do you have it anyways? Why not get rid of it and just save the money and put it away in an investment somewhere where it will grow money?” “No, I can afford it...”

Well then quit complaining about how high your bills are then; just shut up and pay it. You put yourself into that position, now quit complaining. Oh wait... You don't like that kind of attitude directed at you, do you? See you want sympathy. See what I mean about the road going both ways? The answer is because they don’t want to cut their expenses even if they know that they'll save money that way. They get too much enjoyment out of being able to be able to complain and whine about their financial situation because they wanted to keep up with the Joneses whereas those who have need of their internet because of their situation is fixed that they need it because society is changing. They have been placed in a position where they aren’t able to function without the internet in their home. Everybody now uses online-banking, everybody no longer uses payphones, jobs expect e-mailed resumes, they no longer want you to walk into their place of business and hand them a paper resume. The paper resume goes directly into the circular bin. So what’s the choice. The libraries don’t want you to upload files through their computers for fear of viruses. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if you do, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if you don’t. These are the thoughts that run through River’s and my head as we sit here in the rain wondering what our life has come to.
    Screenshot-52.jpg
    Screenshot-53.jpg
    “Well, at least we have our cellphones, right, honey?” I say sardonically to my wife.
    Screenshot-51.jpg
    River lets out a sarcastic snort of laughter (or was it a bitter snort? A flash of anger goes through me as I see that her faith in humanity is wavering). At least her humor is still intact. I love my wife. She’s the one that’s carrying me through this. If I didn’t have her, I’d be lost in a state of depression so deep I wouldn’t be able to see the other end of this.
    Screenshot-54.jpg
    The only thing that we can do is hide out in our tent and hope to hell that the rain lets up in a couple of hours so that we could go out food hunting in the community gardens. And frankly the fact that the rain is keeping the summer temperatures down is a godsend.

TO BE CONTINUED...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Had some severe weather Friday night into Saturday morning, and a tornado warning was issued due to a tornado heading towards our county. The north end of the county got hit with 80 to 90 MPH winds, and that area is where the Walmart I work at is located. Corn fields were flattened by the straightline winds, and multiple trees and powerlines were down. On the way to work, I saw at least one tree that fell on a truck and the house, and there was some bad damage in the town my father grew up in (same county). It also caused some issues with our Walmart store, we had some plastic and caution tape around part of our pharmacy area. They pulled me from my department to help clean up garden center, which was a mess. Today, they are calling for more of the same and my brother, who is a stormspotter, said that a tornado watch is very likely in the next half hour. For the time being, I'm working on getting caught up on comments and responding to those who tagged me. Then, if storms don't hit, I'll finish up checking out my CC and then start putting in what I need to start the story.

@Karritz Alfina is a pretty Sim.
    Nice part of town.
    At least the Sims are buying things, I guess that's the main thing.

@Nikkei_Simmer I'm glad Franz got a friend.
    That'd be fun, having Mothra in the game. Reminds me of Godzilla in SimCity.
    If you get bored, you have to take matters into your own hands.
    Yep, glad to be vaccinated. Still have to wear a mask at work until my 14 days after is over. My mom is turning 50 soon and she did have some symptoms, mostly her temperature was elevated and her arm was more sore compared to mine. My brother had some symptoms as well, but he's only 25. He got his when they first let people get them as he is on our fire/rescue and they were one of the first groups in Illinois.
    Well, at least no one freaked out then.
    Yikes, River really got unlucky that night.
    Maybe they will multiply now.

@Silverofdreams30 Great scenery pics!
    Vance did well, but you can't say the same for his coworkers.
    Well that stinks, she did a good job and doesn't even get paid for it.
    At least Matthew did.
    You got lucky then. I didn't have any symptoms either, other than that sore arm.

@Sprottenham You're welcome.

@GraceyManor Yeah, right Lancelot. She didn't misunderstand your intentions.
    That'll have a big impact on the future.
    Merlin would explain about babies, lol
    That was nice that Charles got promoted to head knight.
    Darn it, Lancelot. Now you will be in more trouble.
    Glad Belle is safe.
    Congrats on the baby!

@Evalen Congrats to Andy on being adopted.

@turjan You're welcome.

@Tamijo I'm just glad Sims don't get burnt as bad as we humans do.
    Cute puppies.
    You're welcome.

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    I guess everyone else didn't think it important, lol. I just spot things sometimes.
    Great scenery pic!

***More to come later.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Thanks everyone for your input about Andy being adopted by the Dexter's, I think he is cute to.

Andy is having fun with his new mom
    fSGXcIP.jpg
    Andy met a new friend, he is telling his friend he is here with his new mom
    7vebAIp.jpg
    Him and his new friend are having fun
    VP7P6yo.jpg
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member
    You're definitely living up to your signature @Nikkei_Simmer ! Just how many versions of River-and-Haruo have you done?? :D
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    Promises

Jamie wakes, changes and plays with Rani who was sitting up in her cat bed, meowing and looking around in confusion. He reminds her they are staying at his place for a little while. Rani purrs as if she understands and rubs her head along his hands. Bekka stirs and gets up."Good morning Jamie, I love you."

Jamie instantly puts Rani down and enjoys kissing his Bekka good morning. “I love you Bekka! I would love to go back to bed with you, but I need to check on Damien."

Delighted, Bekka giggles. "Promise for later!" and winks at him. “I'm taking Rani downstairs, so she can get used to the house. I will find some breakfast and afterwards, I'll be in that empty room Mary wants to be a nursery someday.”
    Jamie kisses her again. "I absolutely promise! I will see you in a little while."
    51243752156_efa97f0a92_o.jpg
    51244806255_37f853db1c_o.jpg

Damien still sleeps, but he is restless and should awaken soon. Lia bounds off the bed and twines around Jamie's feet. He brushes Lia while waiting for Damien to wake.
    51244515449_6fbcf29457_o.jpg
    51243037602_8617b31f4a_o.jpg

Lia runs down to the cat tower and finds a strange kitten scratching on her tower. She thinks, what kind of treachery brought a strange kitten in the house. The kitten tries to chat with Lia but Lia hisses. The kitten hisses back. Such a feisty little thing, Lia thinks.
    51243950068_76e04717d8_o.jpg
    51243751951_c8f752bf7e_o.jpg

Sari arrives and promptly gets between Rani and Lia. They sniff each other and back away. Sari introduces herself and Rani to Lia. She explains why they are in the house. Once it is explained, Lia is ok with them staying as she quite likes Bekka who knows exactly how to scratch the itchy spot on her neck.
    51244515169_c73cfd5b69_o.jpg
    51244515139_fd040983a2_o.jpg

Bekka sits down with Layla and Lee and eats her breakfast. She feels like she interrupted something as they are both so quiet.
    “I’m sorry I wasn’t up earlier. I hope you both found everything you needed ok?”
    “Yes, thank you. There is plenty of food in the refrigerator, and my breakfast was quite delicious.” Lee remarks.

Layla nods, “Yes, plenty of leftovers for now. Please don’t feel you need to wait on us. I know you have a lot to do with the renovation here as well as your other jobs you probably have scheduled.

“I’m good here for a couple of days before the deliveries will be made on one of my other projects.”

Lee turns to Bekka and adds, “I’m very impressed with what I’ve seen so far. I was looking at the pictures from before you started. It will be fascinating to watch the work progress.
    “Thank you, Lee. A few rooms will wait until Mary returns. She wants to be involved in those. I can still get a lot done and launch my other projects while waiting for Mary.” Bekka smiles at Lee. “I’m so glad you were able to help, and your confidence is exactly what we all needed.”

“It is my pleasure to help Mary and by extension the rest of you. I’m going to meditate. Will I be in the way in the living room?”
    “No, you will be fine. I’m setting up an area upstairs for my temporary studio. I will work in Damien's office after that.”
    Lee looks over at Layla. “Will you join me in meditation? We can go on that tour after.”
    “Yes, that sounds like a great plan.”
    51244515414_aa6cfb0bdb_o.jpg

Damien wakes, and sits up in the bed. He starts to stand and Jamie hurries over to help him.
    51244806160_ac25477f2e_o.jpg
    51244515339_e1441be96f_o.jpg

Damien feels a little unsteady and groggy. Looking over at Jamie, he asks, "Did you do one of your mind wipes on me?"
    "Nope, I just built a wall around your emotions since you were unable to respond when I asked if you wanted one."
    Jamie senses Damien's emotions are back to normal this morning. “I think it is safe to remove the wall.”
    “Yes, please."
    Touching Damien's shoulder, Jamie slowly takes the wall down layer by layer to be sure there is not a rush of emotion. It seems Damien’s own psyche released all that emotion while he slept.
    “All gone. How do you feel?"
    Damien rubs his hands through his hair. “I feel rested, less anxious, yet not myself. Part of me is missing with Mary gone. That will take some getting used to. Our soulmate bond is vital and when she disappeared my soul wanted to go too. I'm honestly not quite sure what kept me here. My bond with you perhaps? Maybe your wall helped, so thank you. I still feel off, but not like when Mary disappeared."

"Hmm," Jamie puzzles, "Lee strengthened your bond with Mary to protect her soul. I wonder if he knew how it would affect you. We will need to mention that to him. Promise me if you start feeling a need to disappear you will find me and let me put the wall back up."
    "I promise. I don't want to be gone when Mary gets back! I will be ok now. I believe it was the suddenness of her disappearance that affected me. I knew she would disappear but she was there and then gone." Damien shakes his head as if clearing the memory.
    "I’m taking the day to clean up around Mary’s memorial. Mary told me her parents came the winter after her death and placed it in the yard. They visited many times over the years until they were too elderly to undertake the trip. No one has taken care of it since then. I know you guys would help, but I need to do this myself.”
    "I understand. Just know we are here if you need or want help. Go take a shower and I’ll clean up and feed Sherlock and then we can have some breakfast. I’m starving."
    “You are always starving!” Damien smirks at him. “Thank you!”
    51244806110_cc98301d50_o.jpg
    51243037487_91d747bb43_o.jpg

Damien undresses and looks wistfully out the window before getting in the shower. The snow has melted and revealed all the dead brush and weeds surrounding the memorial. He wants to get rid of all that. He knows it will be much easier now the snow has melted. He gazes at the crocuses and smiles sadly remembering Mary's comments about finally getting to see them.
    51245985284_2d13b680ca_o.jpg

Jamie makes the bed, feeds Sherlock and cleans the feathers off the floor. He carefully puts the fire out and will clean the smoldering ashes later. Damien comes in and notices all he has completed. "You are going to make Bekka a great husband."

Jamie grins. "She hasn't popped the question yet."

He smacks Damien on the arm, glad to see his friend's humor back. "C'mon lets go eat."
    51243949953_012757427d_o.jpg
    51244806015_b084ec9d3f_o.jpg
    51244805980_b9c234bd17_o.jpg

They go downstairs passing Lee and Layla who are meditating in the living room. Damien has a mushroom omelet, and Jamie discovers a fried peanut butter sandwich that Bekka must have made for him. He happily digs in his yummy breakfast while he and Damien chat.
    51243037152_af609e3bb1_o.jpg
    51243751891_236bb1849d_o.jpg

Jamie hurries off to find his Bekka as Damien heads outside to start his project. She is upstairs looking around one of the empty rooms. “I think this room will work to set up my temporary studio." Jamie agrees since it is so close to his room and hurries downstairs to bring her things up that he left in the truck. Bekka giggles as she watches him go. He completely forgot she can maneuver them up here with her powers but she loves he wants to help her. They work together organizing the room.
    The room is quickly set up, and Bekka is pleased with the natural light coming in the windows.
    "Thank you so much for helping," she tells Jamie. She moves over closer to him and flutters her lashes. "You made me a promise earlier today, did you not?"
    "That I did," replies Jamie as he drowns in her beautiful eyes.
    Bekka reaches out and embraces Jamie, kissing him boldly. Jamie takes her by the hand and leads her to his room.
    51243751786_bbec9f5e09_o.jpg
    51259829276_5b0f5a87be_o.jpg
    51260574529_07cf8fc510_o.jpg
    51260028473_bd284878e2_o.jpg
    51259829181_54a1c2f0b8_o.jpg
    You're definitely living up to your signature @Nikkei_Simmer ! Just how many versions of River-and-Haruo have you done?? :D

A lot. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @bekkasan Like your story, especially about the cats, very cute.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Hey is there a fix for the food truck? Every time my sim or a townie tries to use it they reset.
    edited June 2021
    I finally figured out how to...
    screwedover.jpg
    ...my homeless sims in a way that is completely and utterly arbitrary.

The fines are levied as followed:
    Selling Government Controlled Elements (Tiberium or Plutonium) - §50,000.00 and government seizure of all substances (in possession)
    Selling Government Protected Species (Falcon, Spotted Sixam) - §10,000.00
    Poaching - §5,000.00
    Prostitution - §2,500.00
    Polluting a Waterway - §1,800.00
    Pets causing damage (digging up holes) - §1,500.00
    Garbage - §800.00
    Dog /Cat with no License – §800.00
    Dog/Cat off Leash - §500.00
    Loitering - §250.00
    Licenses -
    Government License to sell Minerals - §25,000.00 (paid up front to be able to sell gemstones and metals.
    Fishing License – §2500.00
    For owning pets one faced other levies.
    Dog license – §800.00
    Cat license - §300.00

Let's spin the wheel on "Will they or won't they have to pay the fine?" ~evil smirk~

200767401_158754689606886_5132319144183698889_n.jpg

Yeah...some sims aren't going to be very happy at all... :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    Hey friends. <3

I've been reading your posts on here in between packing. (Sorry I haven't had time to comment.)

Since I'm pretty much done with the packing now I had time to finish up the last scene of Chapter 15 and conclude it. I had to before our big move.

Enjoy. :blush:

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Conclusion to Chapter 15

Leah excused herself from Elliott and stepped into the bathroom just in case she needed to throw up again. In the meantime, she worked to wash all the pie filling off her face. The cool water on her cheeks surprisingly helped to ease the nausea and that was a relief. Emily soon joined her and proceeded to do the same.

When they met the guys outside afterward they discovered that the guys were unable to fully clean up their faces as well, as the rich blueberry pie filling unfortunately stained all their faces. They all got a good giggle out of it and decided to continue on with the festivities regardless. The merry-go-round was the closest thing to do next.
    “You going to be alright riding it?” Elliott compassionately asked Leah.
    “I think so,” she replied. “I’m feeling much better now.”
    He was happy to hear it.

Just like with all the others before them, the inner child within the four was set free the minute the ride began to turn.

51261918125_e0b1500263_c.jpg

Emily gave off a blushed smile as she watched Shane pretend to wave to all his “admirers” while riding on his noble steed. She decided to join in as his princess whom he just rescued from the villain, waving in a similar fashion.

51261616414_ca2ac3449d_c.jpg

The merry-go-round spun longer than any of them were expecting and they loved it.

51260146407_69d7dc4849_c.jpg

It seemed to each of them that almost everything about this world was better than how it was back home.

Somehow magic had made their lives better. Happier. More fun even. And that was a very interesting discovery to them.

Perhaps magic wasn’t as evil as the residents of Pelican Town continuously taught it to be; and deep down - in this very moment - they all realized that they inherently knew that, but were never given the opportunity to confirm it.

Until this quest.

“Why’d we all go silent for a minute there?” Leah asked them all, curious if they were having the same thoughts she was.

The other three just shrugged at her and shot quick glances at each other, doubtful that any of them were thinking the same thing they were.

Next thing they all witnessed was the pie stains on their faces disappearing and they smiled brightly at the timing of it.

After the merry-go-round ride, Elliott and Leah decided to get their photo taken…

51261072728_9a1344faa2_c.jpg

...while Shane and Emily played “whack-a-werewolf.”

“Die you mangy werewolves!” Shane grunted as he worked to hit each and every one of them.

51260146432_9d9e7d61e5_c.jpg

Emily chuckled as she watched, especially at how heated her man was getting over a silly game. It made her wonder...

“Don’t care for werewolves huh?”
    “H*** no. They’re my least favorite supernatural creature.”
    “Why’s that?”
    “Because who’d ever wanna turn into an animal that’s notoriously known for sniffing other animals' butts!?”
    Emily burst out laughing, slapping at her thigh.
    “Even human butts! Nah uh, nope! That’s worse than getting a stake to the heart!”
    “Oh my gosh you’re killing me!”
    Shane cracked a smile, loving that he made her laugh.

The two went on to pick out their own pumpkins from the pumpkin patch, got a picture taken, and then bobbed for apples, while Elliott and Leah rode on the pod ferris wheel.

Once dusk approached, Emily squealed with joy when the android announced that the haunted house was open. “Ooooh I can’t wait to go through it!” she expressed with a light clap. “It’s gonna be super creepy! I can feel it!”

51260146462_96cb921c7b_c.jpg

“Oh so you like getting scared?” Shane asked with a smirk.
    “During Halloween season, yeah!
    He made a mental note of that.
    “Let’s go!”
    “Alrighty.”

51261072748_cd43bc0f1b_c.jpg

He couldn’t help slapping her butt as they crossed through the doorway just to spook her a bit.
    “Hey!” she cried, but very much liked it.

As they went through the haunted house, Elliott and Leah approached and glanced up at the deteriorating building for a moment.

51261616584_9285515fc4_c.jpg

Leah clasped her hands together feeling a bit of uneasiness.

“Shall we join the ‘kids’ inside?” Elliott asked.
    “I dunno...,” she hesitated. “For some reason I’m getting a really bad feeling about this.”
    “About a haunted house at a public festival!? C’mon babe these things are kid friendly.”
    “Nothing about this world is kid friendly...”

51261616594_955323c474_c.jpg

“Well...okay...maybe you’re right there. But seriously, it can’t be any worse than that haunted house we went through in Zuzu City. You remember how insanely creepy that place was and it was epic!”
    “It was,” she admitted, beginning to wonder if magic had been involved in that place too. “But--”
    “I’ll go in first and make sure it’s safe, alright? Just stay close behind me. I’ll protect you my love.”
    “...Okay.” I still think this is a bad idea…

51260146577_5739f5c5b6_c.jpg

Seconds after they entered, Emily was the first to exit the house.

“Whew! That wasn’t so bad,” she addressed Shane. “You could totally tell it was all magic which made it feel much more scary and realistic, but,” she stopped, realizing Shane wasn’t present out of the corner of her eye. “Shane?”

51261616499_1f72811893_c.jpg

Suddenly a cold chill ran down her spine and it made her shiver.

51261918220_6dc77fd4f0_c.jpg

“Geez! Where did this come from?” she asked through chattering teeth while rubbing at her arms. When she turned around to call for Shane again, she was met with a ghostly presence and gasped.

51261072773_6ef4ec2e55_c.jpg

“It’s okay,” he assured her. “It’s me.”

“Shane!?” she cried in disbelief. Then her mouth turned into a frown as tears of terror began to form in her eyes. “Shane…? Are...are you…?” Her lip quivered.

51261616529_d317349712_c.jpg

“No,” he consoled, “I’m not dead. Come 'ere,” he lovingly beckoned, taking her into his arms. “See? If I were really dead I wouldn’t be able to hold you like this.”
    “Oh Shane!” she panted in relief, feeling the warmth of his body. “Oh thank the Lord!”
    “It’s alright,” he soothed, rubbing at her back. “It freaked me out for a moment too, but I guess it was an unfortunate side effect from being touched by that ghost.”

51261072798_63fb666c33_c.jpg

“I’ll say! I felt like I was going to die for a second there...fearing you were killed in the house and your spirit was coming over to say goodbye!” She squeezed him harder, a tear escaping. “Oh thank you Lord. Curse the Wizard’s silly magic!”
    “It’s okay,” he reiterated, releasing her so he could look into her eyes. “You gotta admit this is freaking awesome though! Look, I’m floating!” They both glanced down at his transparent feet for a second. “I wonder how long I’ll stay like this…”
    “Hopefully not for very long,” Emily said with a sniff, wiping away the escaped tear.
    “It feels kinda weird floating like this, and my feet are a little numb, but it’s just so awesome! I should go spook Harvey being like this! He’ll flip!”
    Emily chuckled. “That would be hilarious to see.”
    “There’s your pretty smile again,” he said, leaning in. “I never like seeing a frown on your face. Guess this has shown me just how much you love me,” he teased.

51260872081_622a1c313e_c.jpg

“You should already know how much!” she cried, slapping at his arm.
    “I do,” he chuckled and gave her a quick kiss.
    “Goofball…”
    “Yes I am.”

Their heads turned as Elliott emerged from the haunted house, gripping his stomach.

The same rancid breath that came out of the ghoul statue that slammed Harvey in the face, did the same to Elliott and he found himself not feeling so well.

51260146592_fc3c311e86_c.jpg

“You okay Elliott?” Emily asked, just before he started throwing up and it made her flinch.

Then Leah came out of the haunted house. Floating.

51261918120_11e32ff204_c.jpg

Shane’s eyes and smile lit up at the sight of her. “Hey! Leah’s a ghost now too!”
    Leah was about to have a major flip out, but when she saw that the same thing happened to Shane - and he and Emily weren't flipping out - she figured it was all a part of this world’s strange magic and rolled her eyes before letting out a breath of relief.

“Leah!?” Elliott cried, as he struggled to fully stand up. Emily came over to support him and assure him that Leah was okay and that it was not what he was thinking.

“Check us out!” Shane greeted the ghostly red-head with a hand gesture.
    “We’re ghosts!” Leah said, throwing out a silly gesture back.

51261616364_1563caed8c_c.jpg

“H*** yeah! We should go do some spooking before this wears off!”
    “Totally! Oh my gosh this is SO COOL!”
    “Well, I don’t think it’s so cool...,” Elliott mumbled, looking upon his love with concern, despite what Emily told him.

51261616349_68ed66e635_c.jpg

Leah turned and gave him a pouty lip while saying, “Oh come ‘ere you,” and took him into her arms. “I’m alright. Don’t worry.”
    Elliott held her tightly while pressing his cheek against hers. “I should’ve listened to you when you said you had a bad feeling about the haunted house.”
    “It’s okay…”
    “No it’s not! What if you stay like this forever?”
    “I don’t think I will. Halloween is all about pranks, and this is clearly one from the Wizard. I’m sure we’ll be whole in no time.”
    “If you say so...” He nuzzled at her cheek.

“You know,” Emily said in a seductive tone while wrapping her arms around Shane’s waist, “you’ve gotta be the sexiest ghost I’ve ever seen.”
    “You’ve seen a ghost?”
    “Maybe.”
    “Oh yeah?”
    “Yeah.”
    “You sure about that?” He bounced his eyebrows.
    “Yes!” she giggled.
    “You 100% sure about that?” he asked, leaning in closer and closer to her lips.
    “Are you insinuating that I’m crazy?”
    “No. I just wanna kiss you.”
    “Then shut up and do it,” she whispered, grazing his lips with hers.
    “Okay then.”

51260146317_a1149442ed_c.jpg

The kiss got so heated they almost forgot that Elliott and Leah were standing next to them.

Emily gently pulled away from her love with a look of longing, as if to say, “Let’s continue that later,” with her eyes. Shane was more than happy to oblige.

Elliott watched them with a smile, thinking about how cute they looked together when they were such an unbelievable pair. He loved witnessing love.

51260871856_09ec52d32a_c.jpg

When the four returned to the ladies house, Shane and Leah asked Emily and Elliott to stay behind so they could enter the house first. Shooting smirks at each other, they ascended the stairs while their lovers stayed behind wearing bright grins.

51261072583_82f769ab5e_c.jpg

“Should we really be allowing them to do this?” Emily asked, thinking about her sister’s reaction. It wasn’t a sound she particularly liked to hear. Ever.
    “It’s all in good fun,” Elliott chuckled.
    She shrugged.

A few seconds after the door closed, shrieks and screams pierced the nighttime silence.

Haley’s being the most screeching of them all.

:mrgreen:

I'm not sure when I'll be able to begin writing Chapter 16, (still have to work on the outline... :grimace: ) but it will most likely be a few days after we're all moved into our new place in Arkansas! :grin: We leave in a week!

Thank you all for your continued interest and support in this story. <3 I really hope to have it all wrapped up by the end of the year so I have time to write a short Christmas story. :) But...we'll see how it goes. Life usually isn't very predictable as we all know. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited June 2021
    @Brandontaylor

Oh, I don't know your wereabouts of course, but could that be in relation to tropical storm/depression Claudette? I have always been fascinated by the weather... A tornado watch sounds a little unnerving, and tornadoes is possibly the most terrifying weather phenomena, because often I imagine you wouldn't get much time to find a safe spot, but of course, I hope it doesn't happen and that everything is as ok as it can be. (Tornadoes can not happen where I live, or can not I shouldn't say, but it's extremely very unlikely....)

@Nikkei_Simmer

Oh, yes well now I have to agree that River is pretty looking (also without make up) and lately I have even started thinking about whenever I see her around in game.. darn it, you're spreading it! :P

And being homeless is of course something I wouldn't wish upon anyone, it sounds pretty terrible, and so hard to get out of once you're there. Very well written... I could probably quit my internet and tv subscription, stop playing the sims and I probably didn't need that new computer I just bought, but uhmm..

By they way, you are cruel for those fines! :P

@Evalen Oh, that's a lovely picture with the karaoke machine.
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@GraceyManor
    Hamlet or King Arthur is same style and timeframe I would think.

@bekkasan
    Great view of Hidden Springs
    Comments at your asap

@Turjan
    Seems to be a lot of stuff they don’t know, most of the auto actions seems to be based on a list of values. If “exploded” is not directly linked to “take shower”, they will wait for the “I’m Dirty” interaction.

Maybe, he can go tomb raiding in his later life :wink: (okay, I understand that that is not the scope of your current game)
    Who knows where my story is in episode 1680, he might go tomb raiding in his late 70’s :lol:

I assume that such a small town would probably have some voluntary firefighters who have other jobs at best.
    The two rescue workers are full time, as they also have to attend several people living in the huge surrounding area. They are basically the only people working with Health and Security, so they function as rescue, health workers and police.
    Very nice picture of him driving in mother’s arms, Oou no seatbelts.
    Joline was very pretty
    Looks quite cool this Ricky Blue, no wonder he got a nice daughter.

@Sprottenham
    Comments at you site asap.

@emorrill
    Long time no see, comments at you story asap
    Good luck with the big move.

RW7imII.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

Episode 64 – Delay – April 2728 part 1

Anders Karlson finished his 5th book, not the best books on the marked but he does get some income from writing. Having received a total of 879$ from the publisher, taking in monthly royalties of 19.5$

1iSk6DD.jpg

Brendon Beach-Gentry is at the trade station selling most of his wife’s zoo, as she is already hunting for new wild animals and stones. On his way out he met construction worker Sally Rushing. Frustrated that he may not be able to follow the upcoming Virtual All Ent Games at television, he starts an argument about the lazy workforce at the construction site.

Mateo and his Teddy is sitting outside the trade station, as always consumed in his “own world” seemingly unaffected by what goes on around him.

5qFe169.jpg

Jenny Richards finished the lighthouse painting and sold it to a free settler, making 173$. Not a lot for a project taking this long.

A2CSizg.jpg

The Naras had for a while wanted the two heavy staircases to be replaced with light spiral stairs.
    With this they also moved the dining area up to the 1st. floor, and the former dining room was replaced with a bedroom for Daichi.

ABMfcVh.jpg
    vqaGGMp.jpg

The new summer collection has come to River fashion house

OcCqZxU.jpg

Nicholás Valiente have agreed to sell Razta to Greg Preston for just 25$ as soon as she is old enough to leave her mother.

Br2ry4j.jpg

The first garden to bear fruits the season was Nara’s, just a few more days and the first harvest can begin.

NmwKXTW.jpg

The receiver tower construction now moves forwards fast, new sections are added on a daily basis.

Les60We.jpg

Charles worked at the lap in the power station. Well aware that his mother was old and they needed money for her retirement.

AmeVaY6.jpg

After a hard day’s work, firefighter Nicholás Valiente needed a drink. He told Marble about his attraction to Elea Helsby.

Wj6BBLW.jpg

Both Simon and Jenny started new painting immediately after selling their previous pieces.

iS4QxVd.jpg
    Uu3cMcQ.jpg

John Hallett haven’t lost his interest in Myra Frances.

CRh99e2.jpg

Keylee Anderson visited her left side neighbours for the first time.

5RXUcea.jpg

Birthdays

Magdalena Mercier 24 years

AIypaSt.jpg

Magdalena got the 14-month-old son Pierre with Simon Stone living next door. They are engaged and will hopefully marry sometime soon.

While being on good terms with most of the family her relation with older sister Mussete is getting colder recently. To a point where they are almost unfriendly towards each other. Some say they accuse each other of not taking proper care of their respective son’s. If people ask the Mercier, they don’t really want to talk about this internal conflict. Besides her lover and the family her best friend is Botan Nara.

Magdalena has turned into a true country girl, being a highly skilled fisher woman and a good farmer. Magdalena have written two books, most important the 1962 pages “The Joy” selling quite well.

Harald Dahl 31 years

YiC23eI.jpg

Harald recently started dating the 9 years older, quite powerful assembly member Jane Harper. The dates turned into a romantic relationship and now they consider themselves to be a couple. No ring so far but who knows.

Being a firefighter Harald is quite a handy and sporty person, doing a lot of working out. Usually not the artistic type, he did write a short drama named Olivia’s blend with some although limited success.

Lifetime Rewards:

Marble Beach-Gentry

G0Dyf1e.jpg

Terry Scully

kv5ztXM.jpg

Editorial:
    Everything Autonome, the tower photoshopped again.

Pongo was now 8 years old.

9w2WxCo.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @Brandontaylor

Thank you,
    Yes, we both got lucky with the vaccine hehe.

@Nikkei_Simmer

Those sims of yours
    look great.

@Tamijo

Great update
    Got lucky this time, most of the severe stayed on the Iowa/Missouri border. However, some suburbs of Chicago got hit by an EF-2 or EF-3 tornado. That’s several hundred miles northeast of me so didn’t affect me. I didn’t end up finishing comments last night or play, but I may have time later today.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Played on my Molyneux Save

Taliesin went on a Field Trip to the bistro, while Branwen harvested at the Community Garden; she even got a Promotion as well. Lear went to play a soccer game, in which his team won 11-2. Elsewhere in town, a beach house has been constructed by the beach for whichever family wants to move in.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
    @Tamijo king Arthur took place in the 4th and 5th century hamlet took place in the 15th century
    @emorrill miss your stories and comments! Glad you are doing ok
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@GraceyManor Promotion for Sir Charles! Congrats to him
    oh no! Lancelot escaped and found the Queen, of course running around without guards or her lady in waiting who couldn't have done diddly anyway. :grin:
    Good job Arthur!
    yep, need a stronger lock on those cellar prison doors!
    Glad she made it back to the castle before delivering the baby!
    Poor Arthur stuck in the hallway!
    Really Merlin should be able to hurry that along!
    Great name. Alistair!
    Hope you found some good stuff! I downloaded a few things over the weekend.
    I don't know about a fix for that truck. I've never had trouble with it like you are describing. My sims puke every time they eat at it! :lol:

@MamaSimTee wow, past time to stop having babies and maybe go on a nice vacation to isla paradisio!

@Turjan I've not used any of the Nraas personalities yet. Someday maybe. Good to know he can enjoy biding his time. :grin:
    Thanks re the picture of Hidden Springs. Maybe that's why I don't like Sunset Valley, reminds me of places I've lived. Well and the fact that it seems to Stepford to me as well. :lol:
    Awesome pics of your sims, bright, colorful and that car is just cool!

@Nikkei_Simmer Gosh, seems kinda tough on some of those fines!
    Good luck with the story.

@Sprottenham It's nice to see them enjoying the vacation and having fun.

@Karritz Congrats on another video done.

@Brandontaylor It is that time of year for bad weather. We had a few bad ones last week but no tornadoes, just really bad wind and everyone on the street lost a few limbs and one guy at the end lost a tree down on part of the house.

@Evalen Its lovely seeing him thrive with his new family and make friends.
    Thank you. I appreciate the comment!

@emorrill Comments on your thread! :smiley:

@Tamijo Thanks! I commented on your thread :smiley:

Pretty spring evening and the moon is rising.
    51259828656_c9635f7332_o.jpg
    Comments for end of page 4205 and 4206

@bekkasan I think that Layla seems like a happier person now. I just hope she can find a purpose if she isn't the Oracle anymore.
    I'd like to know more about Lee too, Layla. Seems like he'd have some cool stories to tell about magic.
    Yes, better to do chores by hand sometimes instead of always using her powers. It'd be too easy to become lazy and rely on powers alone.
    Layla's too hard on herself, she's not an awful person and she deserves to be happy.
    Maybe Layla's power would grow if she got with Lee? I'm not sure but I'm wondering that.
    Great update!
    I hope Damien is doing okay. I'm not sure exactly how long he has to wait for Mary.
    Typical cats, lol. Always hissing at each other for some reason or another.
    I'm glad to see Layla and Lee are spending time together.
    I'm also glad that Damien feels a bit better.
    Great update!
    It sure is. I'm a bit surprised that it took until mid-June to actually get severe weather. Hadn't really had any until Saturday morning. Still got a mess in the northern part of the county, went up that way earlier today for little trip. A lot of tree branches down but power has been restored for everyone, as far as I know.

@Karritz Nice pictures!

@Nikkei_Simmer Hey, your explanation makes sense to me. Who cares what an English teacher says, lol
    The only good thing about a homeless person getting put in jail is they get a meal and are warm in the cold. However, it'd make more sense to help them to not be homeless anymore.
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to sleep on a bench for very long.
    I've had to get rid of internet before, and it isn't fun.
    I don't know why, but I feel River would be the one to complain more while Haruo would make the most of the situation.
    Great update!
    You got a whole multiverse going with River and Haruo, lol.
    Looks like they have more of a chance getting fined than not.

@Evalen Looks like things are going well for Andy now.

@emorrill At least you're getting part way there, packing takes some time.
    I see that Emily and Shane still have pie on their faces, lol
    Pretty nice world when the pie disappears on it's own without washing up.
    Yeah, being a werewolf wouldn't be my choice either. If I was going by Sims occults to be in real life, I'd most likely pick genie, wizard/witch, or possibly fairy. However, I do like playing werewolves.
    Yikes, that'd scare me too if my lover became a ghost all of a sudden.
    Lol, how'd I know that Haley would be the one to be the most scared?

@Sprottenham I live in Central IL so it was a storm system that came from the western US and headed east. It was mostly the midwest region of the country that had bouts of severe weather. A tornado watch isn't too terrifying, just means a person needs to stay alert for more storm updates. The tornado warning is when I'm more scared, especially if my town is in the path. Depending on the location of the storm, you can have little time, or enough time to take shelter. I usually keep updated on the counties to my west to decide whether I need to be prepared to take shelter or not. This gives me more time to get to the basement if I need to.

@Tamijo Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 You're welcome.
    Yes, we did.

***Decided not to do my story in the 1880's because of the little time I have to play. However, I'm still going to play a magical save with Cassandra that will be somewhat similar to the original story idea. It will just take place in more recent times. This will save me from having to hunt for a ton of historical CC and will also allow me to start the story in the next few days. I'm thinking that I'm going to start with Moonlight Falls and will build the story up from there. Other than that, I'll leave the rest of the details for another time.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    Got some time for a little bit of comments tonight. :)

@Tamijo Thank you for the moving well wishes. <3 (I really really don't want to make that two day drive. :confounded: Did I mention how anxious I get driving on the freeways around semi trucks!? :flushed: )
    Anyhoo, I look forward to your comments on my recent story update. :mrgreen:
    I do miss our music PM's. We gotta get back to that once we're settled in Arkansas. ;)
    ----
    Man I'd take those kind of royalties for my stories. :grin:
    Okay, I need to know: Whose last name is Beach in the relationship and whose is Gentry? :p (Sorry if that's a dumb question...)
    Jenny looks sad that she sold her lighthouse painting...
    Interesting Summer collection. :lol:
    John and Myra are still going strong eh? :)
    Yay! I can't wait to see Magdalena and Simon get married! <3
    I wouldn't get along with Mussete either, even if she was family. :neutral:
    Yay! Jenny has a boyfriend now. :blush:

@GraceyManor
    emorrill miss your stories and comments! Glad you are doing ok
    ^Aww, thank you chica. <3 That was sweet of you to say.
    I can't wait to get all settled in in AR so that I can post and comment like I used to. :blush:
    I've really been enjoying your Belle and King Arthur story. Keep it up. :) Your writing is getting better and better. :star:

@bekkasan Gorgeous evening picture with the moon. :love: I love the purple and blue hues. <3

@Brandontaylor Hey buddy. :) I feel like the packing is still going. :confounded: But I'm like 95% done. Lots to throw away and give away. :p
    Thank you for the lovely comments on my recent story post. <3 I don't mind werewolves, just hate how ugly the Sims 3 ones are. :grimace: They really could've done better with them.
    I think Haley wanted to kill Shane and Leah after that scare. :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    After 5 years I finally managed to get Sunlit Tides on my main save!

Screenshot-36.jpg
    Screenshot-34.jpg
    Screenshot-33.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top