Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a PRIDE location in your game?

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
I never really played LGBT sims so I never focused on a hang out for them, but now I'm turning the Spice Market karaoke bar into a mixed hangout, which is open to everyone but will be a hangout for the "Friends of the Rainbow" club. It means all my lgbt sims will probably show up there even if I visit with some other sim. I categorized it as Restaurant, keeps two of the karaoke booths, and upstairs there is a cheap self serving hotel with 3-4 rooms. I'll pretend the restaurant host will also manage the hotel story.

Well, to my point - what lgbt related decor do we have? I though we had lots of, but all I can find is the wall flag. It would be cool reading about your Pride/community lot or lgbt hang out/club - and with a few hints to how you decorated it :)

I'll not go for CC as my game is already full, but I'm pretty sure I have just missed a few items already available in my game.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
Post edited by Simmerville on

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I found a painting "Starlet Shore" from the Vintage Glamor SP, actually I had never before seen the additional 2 swatches, LOL. And, I found a rainbow club wall banner from the Get Together pack. Anything else?
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Yeah, wherever my sims happen to be. No need for a specific spot.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    There's a string of paper lanterns that also come in rainbow colours. Very pretty
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    No, but since you mention it, it would be kinda cool to have one. A dinner theater with a Drag Show. They are so much fun.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    SailorCeti wrote: »
    Yeah, wherever my sims happen to be. No need for a specific spot.

@SailorCeti Haha I was gonna say the same thing. Over 50% of the sims I play actively are LGBT+ so my whole game is basically a pride location LOL
  • MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    Nah, it doesn't apply to any of my Sims so no need for one.

Decor wise though, rainbow walls (just a strip of each appropriate colour) might look good in the karaoke booths? Or the curtains that have rainbow swatches?
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    There’s a lot called PRIDE Pavilion which is automatically available in the Maxis gallery which I use. (I put it in Newcrest). It’s pretty good and has lots of rainbow themed items. They have a creative fountain that creates an actual rainbow out of water using lights.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited June 2021
    I never really played GLBT sims so I never focused on a hang out for them, but now I'm turning the Spice Market karaoke bar into a mixed hangout, which is open to everyone but will be a hangout for the "Friends of the Rainbow" club. It means all my glbt sims will probably show up there even if I visit with some other sim. I categorized it as Restaurant, keeps two of the karaoke booths, and upstairs there is a cheap self serving hotel with 3-4 rooms. I'll pretend the restaurant host will also manage the hotel story.

Well, to my point - what glbt related decor do we have? I though we had lots of, but all I can find is the wall flag. It would be cool reading about your Pride actual community lot or glbt hang out/club - and with a few hints to how you decorated it :)

I'll not go for CC as my game is already full, but I'm pretty sure I have just missed a few items already available in my game.

May I offer you edit your post and switch the L and G? It's primarily spelt LGBT (or LGBTQ+/LGBTQIA+ as of more recent years)

And I don't play LGBTQIA+ sims that often, despite being transgender and omnisexual myself, so I don't really have any pride places in my game. And to quote @Onverser
    there's no need for it in the game as all sims are equal by default :)
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Nope, I'm happy that there's no need for it in the game as all sims are equal by default :)

Unless you're an Occult, then Normal sims treat you like a heartless monster for needing to drink their blood, can't help that I'm a vampire guys it's in my nature, so you're either with me or against me on this one.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I don't have a place for my LGBTQ sims, they just do their thing.
    Thanks for input, found some more decor. those lanterns look great. And I might add small stage although I will never play actual sims in drag. Might be cool still. Btw, I'm so happy to notice that sveral guests ae using the karaoke booths even when the lot is no longer categorized so. I was kind of expecting they would mostly ignore the singing activity. Might be only the contests that are no longer active.

Sorry for the misspelling. I'm not so political correct and I'd actually prefer just saying gay instead of all those letters that I will never get right anyway - no offence. At least I switched the first two, thanks :)
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    None, but there are plenty of crossdressers in my game---they make any place they go a Pride hangout
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    No, I don't have a pride location in my game. I do love the rainbow items though as I like bright colors.
    :) Smile!

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    RySBI wrote: »
    There’s a lot called PRIDE Pavilion which is automatically available in the Maxis gallery which I use. (I put it in Newcrest). It’s pretty good and has lots of rainbow themed items. They have a creative fountain that creates an actual rainbow out of water using lights.
    I think I downloaded that as it’s really good🌈. I put mine in Mount Komorebi.

I don’t have Seasons so some stuff is missing but I just put extra bars and dartboards up.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Thanks for input, found some more decor. those lanterns look great. And I might add small stage although I will never play actual sims in drag. Might be cool still. Btw, I'm so happy to notice that sveral guests ae using the karaoke booths even when the lot is no longer categorized so. I was kind of expecting they would mostly ignore the singing activity. Might be only the contests that are no longer active.

Sorry for the misspelling. I'm not so political correct and I'd actually prefer just saying gay instead of all those letters that I will never get right anyway - no offence. At least I switched the first two, thanks :)

No problem, hon!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    What a wonderful idea. I'm always looking for new and unique community lot venues to add to my game.
    edited June 2021
    PS: For the record; Seems like both GL and LG are used. If not, someone please tell https://www.glbthistory.org that they got their history wrong ;)

Just spent 2 hrs trying to figure out what CC caused the "lot can't load" error code for my new Waterside Warble restaurant. Phew - such a wasted time when you'd rather play the game... I think I finally found the problem - a table cloth.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited June 2021
    Uhm... I never saw it this way, but technically all worlds in my saved games are gay hangouts. Maybe I should make a lot for the few heterosexual sims I have to hangout?
    Post edited by Zimz4 on
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member

Don't worry about it. there's nothing politically incorrect about the word gay. All those other letters only got added to reference the broader community and functions as an umbrella term for sexual diversity and gender identity. You can use any of these. Gay, LGB, LGBT, LGBTQ, LGBTIQ, LGBTGIA, (or just back to LGBT+ to make it easier for everyone while still making it understood you included everyone who identifies as part of the gay community).

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    All my Sims are equal no matter there color or sexual preference.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Nay, just good old fashion mixed race/mixed occult couples & regular sims in my game. However, I always loved God's Rainbow. :)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2021
    No. There is no need for this in my game.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    I have an urban brunch spot with a pride flag on the wall, sort of intended as homage to some gay hangouts I have known. But you might not see the pride flag unless you look, it is over the door as you exit.

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited June 2021
    I accidentally made Lani St. Taz a gayborhood in my main save, because first, I built a forever home for my retired, Elder founders on the big waterfront lot there. Then I booted the Kahananui family from Journey's End when I needed more space to raise children than the 1 bedroom starter my current couple were sharing, and simply left the Ngata family alone, meaning all three inhabited residential lots were same-sex couples.

But generally, no. In spite of historic patterns of migration, and how Queer culture has developed in our real world, I am ambivalent about "gay ghettoes" where one is able to be left alone. The ideal, to me, is that one ought to be free to be oneself and left alone over it anywhere.

I did make, and upload to share, a TS3 lot in June of 2016, as part of my observance of Pride Month, and honestly as a way of creatively engaging and processing my own feelings about the Pulse nightclub, which was sobering just one year after the excitement of 2015.

But my Sims don't require that kind of accommodation, so I haven't actually created any in TS4. Their Pride territory is simply wherever they happen to be, doing whatever they happen to do, living their Sim lives.