Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to replace the “tutorial” vampire?

I kind of don’t want Vlad to be the one texting my Sims when they become vampires any more. Is there a hidden trait that can let me change this to Caleb Vatore for example?

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I don't know about a trait. Have you deleted him and seen what happens? (I like him, so I haven't tried that.)
  • Options
    aspernaspern Posts: 18 Member
    Hi!
    There is a hidden trait that looks like that: trait_IntroToVampire_Caller

You can add it to your sim and delete it from vlad with cheats. That should work… in theory.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    aspern wrote: »
    Hi!
    There is a hidden trait that looks like that: trait_IntroToVampire_Caller

You can add it to your sim and delete it from vlad with cheats. That should work… in theory.

That is pretty cool. I did not know that.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    there are so many cool things you can do with hidden traits, though you probably need a mod that can help you read them since they're... well... hidden... mccc is the big daddy most people use but i like the simpler 'show sim info' that really just lets you see stuff like traits or skills or the like without all the extra stuff mccc does

you can design your sages from scratch if you want or one thing i do is add a specific 'spellcaster premade' trait to every spellcaster sim i make just because that trait makes sure they don't change into those weird randomized outfits when they visit the magic realm while unplayed (note: if a sim has already visited the magic realm before this trait is added they'll continue to change even after the trait is added. and even with the trait certain role/career outfits will override their default outfit while there. such as the bear suit for 'isbear' sims or the mixologist uniform if a spellcaster is turned into a bar's staff)

i also like to do things like give some (but not all) of my hispanic sims the selvadoradan native trait or some (but not all) of my japanese or japanese-american (or similar) sims the snowy escape native trait... that'll ensure they show up in the background when you visit those locations with other households

there are hundreds of hidden traits in the game that cover things like being right- or left-handed, the ability to use chopsticks or enjoy spicy food and so much more. even the new likes and dislikes are actually covered by hidden traits
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 336 Member
    edited June 2021
    Thank you @aspern I’ve taken your advice!

Now I need to figure out a way to see if it’s worked. Anyone know how to make one of Vlad’s usual scripted messages pop up after turning your first vampire sim in a save?

@kalaksed I love that idea. I like the idea of creating little communities. I don’t have MCCC because I use console, but does “Show Sim Info” display hidden traits? If so that’s a game changer and I’ll have to try it!
    Post edited by RySBI on
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I like Vlad until he gets weird and says you have a lovely neck. Or just stalks your sims at their house.😂
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yeah, 'show sim info' does show hidden traits if you ask it to... but it's also a mod, just a much smaller and more focused one than mccc, so no bueno for console, sadly. i do wish there were an ability to use at least some mods in console, esp the smaller ones like 'show sim info' that don't actually change anything but make it easier to find/read stuff

i use it all the time, to see how many klepto sims i've got (since i delete all unplayed kleptos except the paparazzi from 'get famous' since they're all forced to have kleptomaniac and the shameless reward trait) or see how many mixologists or vampires i have, as examples (though with the vampire one, also have to double check how many are actually regular sims with the rare 'weakness to vampire powers' hidden trait that only 3 of my 700ish sims have)

you can upload to the gallery on the console, right? i know it sounds kinda weird, but if you like you can upload sims you want checked (or changed) and i can check/change their traits. though that may sometimes take some time, since not always around my computer

or, there's a really long thread dedicated just to the hidden traits (conveniently enough, just called 'hidden traits') that makes for a potentially interesting read, showing some of what these traits are and how they work. later pages include a person keeping an updated list of all the traits in the game, hidden, reward, whatever. there are also some posts in the thread explaining how to add/remove traits to get things how you want (sometimes, esp mine, with pictures. though a lot of my pictures include using show sim info to check those traits or lack thereof)

as for the checking on your vlad-replacement, couldn't say. i haven't had vlad's calls in ages, though it should trigger if you use a brand new sim created like it were for a new game (my save file is at least 5 years old so... somethings no longer seem to work as expected)
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    On a side note: I would like it if that vampire caller came reliably on each new save, typically the end of the second day the vampire texts about your neck, but if you are bouncing between households the text is likely to be never seen and the vampires don't trigger into action. So it would be nice no matter what household you jump into that the vampire caller sticks to you like glue until the text is put on the screen and the vampires trigger into action.
  • Options
    aspernaspern Posts: 18 Member
    The showsiminfo mod is amazing and I use it very often, I just thought the OP wanted a specific answer and I had the game opened at the time.

Same for the thread about hidden traits, lots of helpful info there, for console players especially, I think. I used one of the old posts by kalaksed that explains how to make custom magic sages, because I accidentally killed two of the original ones and wanted to “restore the balance” and put them back XD so thank you very-very much @kalaksed

As for the test part, I believe the only way to see if the cheat worked is to start a new save because the mini vampire tutorial is a one-time event in the beginning of every new game.
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 336 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    you can upload to the gallery on the console, right? i know it sounds kinda weird, but if you like you can upload sims you want checked (or changed) and i can check/change their traits. though that may sometimes take some time, since not always around my computer

Thanks for the offer @kalaksed but I won’t bother you with all that! I’m going to make another vampire and try to get it to work. I’m realising now how pointless this was because I’m not getting any more Vlad tutorial messages anyway lol

I’ll let you know if it works!