Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-212.jpg
    Sir Charles: Your majesty we have Lancelot for you.

Screenshot-213.jpg
    Charles pushes lancelot to the ground.
    King Arthur: Get up.
    Lancelot: As you wish

Screenshot-214.jpg
    Lancelot: My king?
    King Arthur: I'll ask the questions.Did you come to
    Camelot to betray me?
    Lancelot: No, your majesty.
    King Arthur: You desired her.Persued her.
    Lancelot: I do not know what you speak of.

Screenshot-215.jpg
    King Arthur: Forgive me, I must be dumb! WHAT WERE YOU DOING?
    Lancelot: Whatever she has told you, is not true.
    King Arthur: Are you suggesting that my queen is lying?
    Lancelot: Perhaps she misunderstood my intentions.
    King Arthur: Enough! You leave me no choice.

Screenshot-216.jpg
    King Arthur: You will be tried for treason.Defend yourself in court.
    The law will judge you!

Screenshot-218.jpg
    Lancelot: My queen, please tell them you were mistaken! I did no
    wrong.

Screenshot-219.jpg
    Queen Belle: I will only speak once to you...I know everything about
    you Lancelot, and what kind of person you are.And you know that don't
    you? You think I would be unfaithful to my king, you're very wrong, and
    to try and blame me, you will be tried as my husband says.Maker forgive
    you, because I can not.

Screenshot-220.jpg
    Lancelot: Banish me, exile me, but don't kill me...
    King Arthur: Enough! Charles bring to the jail.You'll be tried.

Screenshot-228.jpg
    King Arthur: I feel I might have let my temper get the best of me.
    Merlin: No, Arthur.You did the right thing.Believe me, Lancelot is not
    to be trusted.
    King Arthur: If we banished him, he wouldn't be more trouble would he?
    Merlin: I can't promise that he won't.How's that for answer?
    King Arthur: I hate when you do that, your still a crazy old man.
    Merlin: King or not, I no problem with reversing time and sending
    you all back to the beginning.
    King Arthur: I thought you told Belle you couldn't do that...
    Merlin: Did I? I don't remember...
    King Arthur: You lied to her...why?
    Merlin: Because I saw how happy you were with her and knew you faired much
    better with her, than others.

Screenshot-230.jpg
    King Arthur: But that means you can send her away...
    Merlin: Maker's breather boy! I wouldn't do that to you.
    King Arthur: But she has the option...
    Merlin: I suppose so, but never you fear, she's not going anywhere.
    She's happy Arthur, don't worry.

Screenshot-224.jpg
    Merlin: Well, my girl? Are you going to tell him the good news.
    King Arthur: What good news?
    Queen Belle: I'm pregnant.
    King Arthur: Really?
    Queen Belle: Yes, really.
    King Arthur: ...How?
    Merlin: Maker's breathe! Do I really need to explain
    how;
    Belle & Arthur: No!
    Merlin: I will if you really want me to.
    Queen Belle: No thank you.

Screenshot-225.jpg

Screenshot-226.jpg
    Gwenth: I promise to take good care of the queen, your majesty.
    King Arthur: I know you will.

Screenshot-227.jpg
    Gwenth: Aww! I love babies.Congratulations, my lady.
    Queen Belle: Thank you, Gwenth.

Screenshot-221.jpg
    Lancelot: This isn't fair.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

The Dexter's adopted a son Andy he arrived today
    EfmrcDQ.jpg
    He loves playing in the sand
    Ei9iVfe.jpg
    eTpP7ds.jpg
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member
    Thanks for the link, @Karritz ! I’ll definitely look into that and hopefully install it!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    Thanks for the link, @Karritz ! I’ll definitely look into that and hopefully install it!

You won't be able to install it through the launcher. Read her instructions. The reason you can't install it the usual way is because it is a world that came with an expansion pack, not a store world. Basically, you will need to make a backup of the original world file (just in case you need to revert to the original at some point) and then put the fixed version into its place. Where you'll find it on your system depends on your operating system. I have Windows 10 and I find it at this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Island Paradise\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\

The file name is IslaParadiso.world
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited June 2021
    Took longer than expected, but here I am again.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the comment. Heh, that alien isn't a ghost, he is a statue made of permanent ice. It's one of the more subtle (if you can call it that) effects of the same mod Nikkei uses to blow up the environment :wink:
    QY2Qr2W.jpg
    Nice pics of Devin and friends.
    Your Corinna is looking good. If I think about it, what I dislike most about vanilla sims is that the game makes a lot of eyes look much darker than they look in CAS. I have a hard time seeing any eye colors there (as much as I see them at all).
    Good old Bridgeport. Your bright eyes work very well though. Great sims, as always.

@lisasc360 That roller coaster in the rain looks suitably depressing :wink: .
    Thank you for the comments :smile: .

@Brandontaylor Nice that you are able to help your brother. Mine lives too far away.
    Thanks for the comment.

@Thrior Nice pics. Yep, in the game, death is indeed a divorce. Like the formula you often hear during wedding says.

@Sprottenham The kids are supposed to cheer up? I guess they know which grades they will get on their last school day :lol: .
    I like your Agathi Flansbarne. Congrats on the baby.
    "Gaute: And I don't like this flirting that goes in between you and Patrik."
    Well, good he tells Leya he isn't quite as oblivious as she may think. Most "faithful" sims resist quite admirably, but sometimes, the roll is just against them :lol:
    "but hey, the airline company didn't loose their luggage, so it's not all bad!" *snort*
    Deepak meeting a patchwork family :smiley:
    "She is your mother-in-law, not some Hindu Goddess! As far as I know anyway.." :lol:
    Awesome update.

@GraceyManor That was a beautiful wedding.
    Eh. When people say "medieval", I always translate it to "Ren fair" in my head, anyway :lol: . Who cares, as long as we know the difference.

@bekkasan Poor Damien.
    Looks like Emmaline also gets some help of her own as a result of helping here :smile:
    That face of Lee when he sees the young Layla is priceless. She didn't only become young and pretty, but also quite personable after all.
    Thanks a lot for the comments. Yeah, it's clear that not everyone has the time, and of course we only post here to share in some fun after all. Now I had my own break because I have been occupied with other stuff I had to do.
    Cool that you have your own magic system. I always found those interesting in the many games I played, whether video game or pen&paper.
    True what you say about needing space in the builds, which is the reason why I prefer open floor plans for the ground floor. I just like to have smaller bedrooms to keep those pesky virtuosos in check :lol: .
    :lol: at Bekka, the dwarf.
    Ah, finally, we get to spring. The house looks so different :smile: .
    Great that Bekka and Jamie became completely trusting and comfortable with each other. Great pics.

@CravenLestat I like that Spanish colonial house.

@Tamijo Thank you very much for the comments. Heh, simply don't have anything interesting going for them. It's not that you can hold them in your own arms, feel their warmth, a connection. They also all look the same. I never tried that play mat. Maybe, I should.
    Yeah, I understand that there is at least some difference between the story and what actually happens in game. I do the same with some pics I post here, which are more like a "Caption this!" exercise.
    If sims were subtle about their romantic advances, we wouldn't have that much juicy drama in our games :lol: .
    Ah, great "slenderwoman".
    Good that toddlers don't freeze to death in their flimsy clothes.
    Nice pic of Jenny.
    Those Anderson's look as if they would shift the community dynamics. In RL at least, not sure about the game.
    I like the updates on all those little shifts in interactions.
    Awesome winter pic again :smile: .

@PalmArrow Nice to see you. Well, "hiatus from swimming"? Yup, I guess I qualify :lol: .

@Astro The club looks great now.

@Onverser Nice what you did with DeAndre's pool. I played a lot on that lot, but never changed the pool.

@Nikkei_Simmer Here comes my belated "Happy Birthday!", to both of you :smile: . I hope you enjoyed those days.
    Good that games still don't come with smell. Playing with toddlers would be a lot less popular, I guess.
    If in doubt, electrocute the sim.

@Karritz Yeah, looks like the interplay between all those different selling systems is a bit difficult. My experience with multi-function lots is also mixed. It's looking great though.

@Evalen Nice seeing you :smile:
    It was Eric's first date in a about a year. He hadn't felt like dating since his girlfriend Christie had died. This wasn't only due to her death, it was also because of the things he learned about her after her death, things about her life he may have half-consciously guessed, but had never really admitted to himself. How can you lie to yourself like that? All that money she always flaunted came from burglaries, and it was during a burglary that she had finally met her untimely end.

Today, his old high school flame Joline had called him on a date. Joline. Oh, how he had loved her smiles and her cheerful laughter. He hadn't seen her in ages. He heard she had somehow dated that sleazy Kirk Rotorima guy, but who knows what became of it.
    They met at the beach cafe.
    When he saw her, his heart sank. She was still pretty.
    ffPtxxr.jpg
    However, she was obviously in the last days of a pregnancy. After a somewhat shy greet, they both sat down, and Joline began to talk about all the things that went wrong in her life with Kirk, with whom she was living together. Ugh.
    415j1r5.jpg
    What a disaster of a "date". It was obvious that Joline needed an emotional garbage bin, and Eric wasn't quite sure what to think about why she thought he would be the right person for this. It also became clear she had no intention of getting out of her situation. Eric played his role and listened for a while, until he managed to steer the conversation into calmer waters.
    Pictures from their days at high school flashed through his mind. He could still see the person he had a crush on in her current self, but of course the years had changed her. They both had moved on.
    They parted on a rather mellow note.
    MPqsZoY.jpg
    Well, that was it.
    This wasn't what he had expected, but maybe, it was for the better. At least he thought it was time to get out again. Just not with Joline.
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

@Turjan Thanks nice to see you too.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Just Plasma Bugs

Chapter Thirteen: "Full Moon Flirting"

New Narrator: Fat lot of help you were, Haruo. Anyways...River, on the night of the full moon, was out selling a painting...when her transformation took place. Luckily it was a deserted strip of shops since most everyone had gone home to eat...and the shopkeepers were just counting their floats and tills; so no-one ended up dropping a smelly biological load in their trousers or pants... whatever the case may be.
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    Screenshot-44.jpg
    New Narrator: Haruo, being at home, scared the living bejesus out of the cows. Nice going there, Haruo...

Haruo: At least it wasn't Angus beef...might have soured the meat. Hey maybe we might get sour cream from these Holsteins.
    Screenshot-45.jpg
    Mutt One: What would happen if I stuck my head in the garbage can?

Cat: I want fish.
    Screenshot-47.jpg
    River: You just had to get a small table, didn't you...?

Haruo: Hey don't look at me, you're the one who told me to save money!

Bebe: Haruo, you probably don't want to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 her off any more than you're doing right now...

Haruo: Why?

Bebe: Because it's a full moon and she's a werewolf

Haruo: Yeah, we're all werewolves.

Bebe: ...and two words...Aunt Flo.

Haruo: OH Poopsicles!
    Screenshot-48.jpg
    Screenshot-50.jpg
    Haruo: Yeah, I'm going collecting tonight, See ya.

River: Chicken...
    Screenshot-53.jpg
    New Narrator: After returning from the gemstone and metal collecting, Haruo decided head for the basement and stay there for the rest of the night. It might not be wise for him to pop his head up stairs for fear of River eviscerating him. Then again, that might be amusing to watch.

Haruo: "Shut up, Narrator. Hey Watcher, when we going to get a fridge downstairs here anyways?

Watcher: Zzzz...huh..what? No...
    Screenshot-59.jpg
    New Narrator: Next morning Haruo headed over to the elixir shop to consign some gems and smelted metals.
    Screenshot-60.jpg
    New Narrator:...and River took a long moment to reconsider her stance on Haruo.

River: Hey, after all, he's the only game in town at the moment and the Watcher did say that to go forth and multiply.

Watcher: Wait a second, I did? Hey now we're getting somewhere...

River: oh...shut up!!!
    Screenshot-70.jpg
    Screenshot-71.jpg
    River: Hey, Haruo...y'know. I haven't really been giving you a chance, have I?

Haruo: Uh...well...

River: Um...y'know...you really aren't half-bad...

Haruo: Um, thanks, I think...
    Screenshot-73.jpg
    River: You remember what the Watcher told us?

Haruo: ~gulp~

River: ...uh...go forth...and uh...multiply...

Haruo: Um. one times one is one... one times two is two, one times three...

River: Not that kinda multiply, ya dope!
    Screenshot-76.jpg
    River (hugs Haruo and purrs): This...kind of multiply...
    Screenshot-74.jpg
    Watcher: Woah...now this is getting interesting...

Haruo and River (both): Shut up, Watcher!
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

Episode 63 – Explosive Tomato – March 2728 part 2

Greg and Myra were at the power plant to fix a problem with one of the burners. There was an explosion and Mara was caught by the flames. She survived but had to stay home some days only in her underwear to protect her burned skin.

jzuEBJG.jpg

T8YZxPd.jpg

Mateo Mercier chose to take his teddy to the other end of the village, playing in front of Beach-Gentry’s front door, hours after his usual bedtime. Sometimes the boy does things, that could seem like signs of autism, but where is mother?

ZtXDu1Q.jpg

We got another drop in temperatures, followed by a snowstorm. Engineer Kent Anderson was caught in the mayhem on this way back from the construction site.

xoncQBL.jpg

Nicholás Valiente’s dog Ariko, got two sweet puppies. Harald and Nicholás suspected one of the stray dogs roaming the village at night, to be the farther.

hJA5BwC.jpg

The busy work at River fashion house was hard on Michiko Vaughan, especially after a hard winter in the cold wooden house. After all she was not young anymore. If the family was not poor, she would consider retiring but as things were, it was out of the question.

FoyKet9.jpg

Jiro Nara was again playing with her juice stand, this time a friendly costumer bought some donuts and lemonade.

nSda9M8.jpg

Tomato Oli extraction was quite high this month, with a total of 4 Oli Barrel produced.

PwOBIc8.jpg

Mussete Mercier was going through a bad phase in her life. Her romance with Terry Scully was at an all time low, not to mention her flirts with Anders Karlson which had seemingly gone completely cold.

9sMczeq.jpg

While Myra Frances was not able to leave her home due to her burns, her boyfriend was paying his attention elsewhere. He brought flower to Jane Harper. His behaviour was clearly flirty towards the 20 years older woman. Nothing dramatic happened but can’t say they acted in a proper manner, considering they both was in other relationships.

9ptR6ml.jpg

Working on a rescue centre can be a bore on days where there are no emergencies. Charles came over to play a few songs to lift the spirits of the firefighters.

yxZcMsT.jpg

Taking over a home after two people both hit my cooking mania can be quite unpleasant. Not only do you need to clean up quite a mess, but the kitchen may also be worn down. Soon the Anderson’s realized that, when the sink and the dishwasher broke down almost simultaneously.

9IlFfj6.jpg

The atmosphere in the student home was pleasing if not directly passionate. Elea Helsby now kinda flirty towards both boys.

RRosXzT.jpg

Danelle Mercier teaching Pierre to walk.

EQMU6Nb.jpg

Simon Stone was a bit more mobile in this period, here chatting with John Hallett at Beach Creative Institute

8krcTSj.jpg

Sales March 2728:
    Preston household:
    1. Tomato Root Oli 251$
    2. Collectable wildlife 80$
    3. Eggs 59$
    Gentry-Beach household:
    1. Collectable wildlife 278$
    Scully household:
    1. Fresh fish 115$
    Nara Household:
    1. Tomato Root Oli 168$
    Anderson Household:
    1. Tomato Root Oli 167$
    2. Seeds 33$
    Mercier household:
    1. Manuscripts 591$
    2. Eggs 276$

Editorial:
    R9Di5vt.jpg

The tax was actually fine, it was the game calculation that was wrong or different, compared to what I expected. From now all tax has been taken out of the game and will be handled manual.
    Had to reset some stuck sims, and also re-enter a “free” family as a baby completely disappeared.
    Otherwise, everything autonome

Free settler Douglas Morrison, caught in the late March snowstorm

Wtg6R1T.jpg

My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@Sprottenham
    Comment in your thread asap.
    Just mention I like the map with the travel description a lot.

@Brandontaylor
    No issues with the vac either, just a sore arm.
    Thanks for comments

@Karritz
    Nice pictures as always.

@Silverofdreams30
    Bridgeport is a nice DLC for city life.
    Stylist is quite hard to play.

@GraceyManor
    Very impressed with your “Hamlet” style gameplay, so fine pictures.

@Evalen
    Love the “playing with sand”. Got that in my game but they don’t use it.

@Turjan
    Wow great ice sculpture.
    Thanks for comments.
    Ya need some juicy drama to keep it interesting.
    Not very good at using warm clothes, must be very cold resistant.
    Hope the Anderson’s will be a fun inclusion.
    A secret thief, hope she was not gunned down by a copper.
    Joline is a classic beauty, adorable.

they parted on a rather mellow note.
    Sad, I liked her looks, but taking on a pregnant woman baring another man’s child, is not easy off course.

FOCYWfu.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
    edited June 2021
    @Tamijo
    Its actually not suppose to be "hamlet" style.Its suppose to be loosely
    based off of "King Arthur" but thanks!
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited June 2021
    @Tamijo

Thank you, I love playing n Bridgeport
    it is my favorite world.

@Turjan

thank you, he looks handsome.
    They seemed to have a good chat.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@PalmArrow Gosh, unreal what we have to do when things get updated to keep our game going. Testament to our love for the game, for sure!

@GraceyManor You do need to be careful about what sites and what cc you use and promote because yes, pirated items will get you in trouble, the same way really naughty things would. :grin:
    I don't download from sites I can't verify no matter how cute the item is.
    Woot, pregnant I hope!
    lol, i love those pj's!
    I laughed at Belle convincing Gwenth she was sick!
    I laughed at Merlin fussing about the ipod!
    I laughed at that face Belle pulled at Lancelot's flirting! :lol:
    I'm glad she talked with Arthur about his behavior!
    Wowsers! Flirting with the Queen and off with his head! LOL
    Dag, that wily old magician!
    Congrats on the pregnancy.
    Duh, Lancelot. Don't flirt with Queens.

@CravenLestat Yeah, it was probably me, but there are a few others that still make comments so perhaps another one of those also commented.
    It does look interesting and perhaps for one of my non story sim families I will try it someday. I rather imagine it would get repetitious though having to do so much to keep it running.
    I had to laugh that your poor sim didn't get hearts with the ladies! :grin::
    Did you see your SS's lot that I put in Supernatural?

@Astro It looks great!

@Onverser You did a great job on the pool. I hope they liked it and paid well.

@Turjan That is great you saw Ricky Blue teaching his niece how to talk!
    Thanks for commenting on the story! I do appreciate it! :heart:
    I think the curse made her rethink her choices. :grin:
    I agree that it is fun sharing our posts and I like commenting. Wish I had more time but at least the thread is slower than it used to be and makes it easier for me. :grin:
    I like open plans on the bottom floor as well. I don't even enclose the kitchen in some, maybe just a half wall or counter dividing. My sims don't spend as much time in bedrooms but I will make them a little larger if they have pets so they don't get stuck.
    That soulmate bond is hard to beat! :smiley:
    Gosh, what a strange date that was. Joline just unloaded on him. He was very nice to not just get up and leave. I hope he's smart enough not to answer anymore calls from her! :grin:

@MamaSimTee Happy belated birthday!

@Tamijo Thanks for the compliment on the house.
    Comments on your thread.

@Nikkei_Simmer The 18 year flu? hmm, mine stayed a little longer than that, went away and came back a couple of times after. LOL

@Silverofdreams30 I would hazard a guess that your favorite world is Bridgeport! :grin:
    Those are beautiful shots!
    It really is hard for me to go back to default no cc sims. I've got spoiled by the variety with the skins and hairs etc.
    Fireman! Woot. Oh, bummer he quit.

@Sprottenham Congrats on the new baby. Good idea for their own home with the flirting going on!
    Love the airplane pictures.
    Glad they made it safely to visit the family.
    The home is very pretty!
    haha, the cheek pinch!
    Loved seeing the visit.

@Brandontaylor Glad all went well with your second shot and you are enjoying some play time.
    Thanks for the comments on my updates and pictures! :heart: I do appreciate it.
    Funny you are the only one who commented on her tattoo. It is significant and will come up in later chapters. Good eye!

@Karritz You made a very nice sim for the testing!
    I'm thinking former sims 2 players will enjoy the mod. It sounds interesting from what you and @CravenLestat posted but not sure I'm interested for my current stories.

@Evalen Cute kid!

Looking towards town from the mountain on that first spring morning in Hidden Springs.
    51244273361_384ede6540_o.jpg
    @Tamijo

cute puppies

@bekkasan

yup, I love Bridgeport!
    I have default cc in this save so not a ton as I have in my story save.
    Screenshot-238.jpg
    King Arthur: I just want to thank you for your help with Lancelot.
    Sir Charles: It's my pleasure to serve you, your majesty.
    King Arthur: Lancelot was to be my head knight, but that will no longer
    be.I would like to offer you the position, would you accept it?
    Sir Charles: I would be most honored, thank you.

Screenshot-239.jpg
    Sir Lancelot: There is no way they are taking my head..-breaks lock-
    That should do it....Where's that snitch of a queen.

Screenshot-244.jpg
    Sir Lancelot: Hasn't anyone told you, you shouldn't wonder alone
    my queen.
    Queen Belle: Lancelot! How....I'm not alone, Lady Gwenth is waiting
    for me.
    Sir Lancelot: I feel she will have a long wait....-steps closer-
    Queen Belle: Get away from me...
    Sir Lancelot: This will go better if you don't argue.

Screenshot-245.jpg
    Sir Lancelot: I don't think you'll find your way out of here...Now
    to take care of our king.
    Queen Belle: I'll see you dead for this.

Screenshot-242.jpg
    Sir Edgar: Your majesty, Lancelot has escaped!

Screenshot-243.jpg
    King Arthur: What?! How?
    Sir Edgar: Apparently he broke the lock.
    King Arthur: Where is Belle?
    Sir Edgar: We...can't find her...
    King: Belle!

Screenshot-248.jpg
    Merlin: Now Arthur, stay calm.Don't lose your temper.
    King Arthur: This is calm...when I'm not calm you'll know, come
    Charles.
    Merlin: Maker! that boy.

Screenshot-251.jpg

Screenshot-250.jpg

Screenshot-252.jpg
    Sir Lancelot: Your majesty, may I offer my congratulations on
    her pregnancy.
    King Arthur: Where is she?
    Sir Lancelot: And who prey tell do you speak of?
    King Arthur: I'm not fooling around, Lancelot...Where is Belle.
    Sir Lancelot: She's somewhere safe where she won't be trouble.

Screenshot-253.jpg
    King Arthur: I'm warning you Lancelot, bring me to her.
    Lancelot: Temper, temper!
    King Arthur: Enough! Fight me if you must, but I will find her.
    Lancelot: And I thought we could end this peacefully.
    King Arthur: We're beyond peace, you traitor.
    Sir Charles: I'd be happy to assist.
    King Arthur: He's mine, I'll handle him.

Screenshot-255.jpg

Screenshot-256.jpg
    King Arthur: Are we through? Or should we bring out our swords.
    Lancelot: Enough...There's no need for weapons.

Screenshot-257.jpg
    Lancelot: I surrender.....no wonder the sword chose you.
    King Arthur: Where is she?
    Lancelot: In the mines, bottom floor.
    King Arthur: Are you insane! She's pregnant, she can't climb
    those stairs on her own! You will be put to death for this.
    Charles, bring him back and make sure he can't escape this time.

Screenshot-258.jpg

Screenshot-259.jpg
    Queen Belle: You and I are staying put...until someone finds us.

Screenshot-260.jpg
    King Arthur: Belle?...
    Queen Belle: I'm over here..

Screenshot-261.jpg
    King Arthur: Thank the maker! You're okay.
    Queen Belle: I'm fine, I'm so glad to see you.

Screenshot-264.jpg
    King Arthur: Are you okay?
    Queen Belle: I'm fine...but very very angry! I'm not a happy person
    right now.

Screenshot-262.jpg
    King Arthur: Let me be angry for the both of us, don't stress
    yourself, love.

Screenshot-263.jpg
    Queen Belle: Then you better be extra angry then.
    King Arthur: You're too adorable..

back at the castle...

Screenshot-266.jpg
    Queen Belle: Gwen!...I think its time...oh

Screenshot-267.jpg
    Sir Edgar: Gwen is in there, with the queen.She'll take good care
    of her your majesty.
    King Arthur: I know, but I'm still worried..

Screenshot-268.jpg
    Lady Gwenth: Are you sure you do not want to lay down my
    lady?
    Queen Belle: It feels better to stand up, thank you Gwenth.
    Lady Gwenth: Let me get some blankets.

Screenshot-269.jpg
    King Arthur: How long does it take? Is she okay?
    Merlin: Maker's breathe, a baby just doesn't magically appear.
    King Arthur: Can't you do that? You do everything else.
    Merlin: I'm afraid I'm not that good.It takes time, she'll be fine.

Screenshot-270.jpg
    Queen Belle: I think one more will do it, Gwenth..don't leave please
    Lady Gwenth: I'm right here for you.

Screenshot-271.jpg
    Belle's pregnancy went well, and she gave birth to a healthy baby
    boy.I named him Alistair(from Dragon Age Origins XD).

Screenshot-272.jpg
    Lady Gwenth: She and the baby are fine..
    King Arthur: Thank the maker, excuse me, I want to go in.
    Lady Gwenth: Of course, your majesty.

Screenshot-273.jpg
    King Arthur: I'm not going to lie, I was worried about you.
    Queen Belle: I'm fine, I really am.
    King Arthur: He's just as beautiful as his mother.
    Hey, does anyone else have issues with stray animals? this happens in my game with and without mods.
    I can't really interact with them.I can socialize, brush and let sniff, but if I invite into my home, the dog/cat vanishes into thin air.
    And I befriended one once and adopted it and it vanished into thin air.Happens in all worlds, with and without mods.Its been happening
    for a while.
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    In my non story, game to de-stress, my SIM couple is following @Nikkei_Simmer's Watcher's advice regarding multiplying. The married SIMS are a SIM I created named Mary and Johnny Johnson in AP. They currently have 4 kids with another on the way. Johnny is an elder now. Mary keeps rolling the "have baby" wish. Johnny is more than happy to oblige. They're in a tiny house. Sleeping space is getting tight.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    Hey, does anyone else have issues with stray animals? this happens in my game with and without mods.
    I can't really interact with them.I can socialize, brush and let sniff, but if I invite into my home, the dog/cat vanishes into thin air.
    And I befriended one once and adopted it and it vanished into thin air.Happens in all worlds, with and without mods.Its been happening
    for a while.

I tend to ignore them unless I want to add an animal to the household. Then I generally can't find any. But, when I do find one and decide to add it to the family I click on it and use NRAAS Master Controller to Add to Household. I gave up trying to befriend them and adopt them years ago and it got boring trying to befriend them sufficiently for them to want to join the household. I think I vaguely recall they did seem to vanish once I'd interacted with them.
    edited June 2021
    Yeah, I do Karritz' way (NRAAS MC>Intermediate>Add Sim) as well with regards to befriending animals. In my Plasma Bugs story, that's how I ended up with two cats and two dogs on top of the dog and cat that I originally started the game with.

At least I think that's how it went.

I'm waiting for dog and cat number four.

Along with the two kids (River AND Bebe are now preggers) Bad Haruo. :D ...or should I say Good Haruo for following the Watcher's Commandment... :mrgreen::D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited June 2021
    @Tamijo I find it funny that sims don't "know" they can just take a shower to get rid of the singed outfit.
    An adventurous toddler, that Mateo. Maybe, he can go tomb raiding in his later life :wink: (okay, I understand that that is not the scope of your current game).
    Ah, puppies. I like their looks, but don't like to raise them in-game.
    Yeah, getting old has its downsides. Poor Michiko.
    I assume that such a small town would probably have some voluntary firefighters who have other jobs at best.
    That kitchen looks thoroughly busted :lol: . Seems to need some cleaning, too. Eh, they'll develop some skills.
    Thank you for the friendly comments. :smile:
    No, Eric's girlfriend Christie had no run-in with police. I think I saw the message that one of the residents she had robbed took the fight to her sometime later. I missed the death notice, but an ash pile with her name is still lying next to the hospital entrance to this day.
    Yeah, Eric and Joline won't happen. Joline is still with Kirk. The baby is a toddler now, and Kirk and Joline are at least engaged.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you for the comments. Eric is a good mix of his parents, though his mom won out by some margin.

@bekkasan Thanks a lot for the comments :smile: .
    Yup, Ricky Blue is good with kids. I have never seen the mother with any of her children.
    Heh, no, Eric won't date Joline, she'll stay with Kirk. He didn't want to upset her, given she was about to give birth. Incidentally, she gave birth directly after he left. Btw., Story Progression found it funny to turn Eric into a gigolo after that date :lol: . At first I wanted to "fix" that, but then I remembered that he won't find a mate for a long time, given the current gender imbalance in town. Eric inherited his dad's longevity though, so he can wait for the next generation and do other "activities" in the meantime.
    That's an awesome pic of Hidden Springs. For some reason, I never felt the urge to play there. Too close to home, I guess.

@GraceyManor I also had strays vanish as soon as any of my sims interacted with them before I banned strays for good.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Just some background to the last post, for those who may be interested. This was a huge time jump from my last "regular" Niua Simoa posts. Eric is the son of Donna and Marvin. He's the little one on the left in this pic:
    bUHXdh0.jpg
    Or here, in his mom's arms.
    LD0Vzot.jpg
    He has grown a bit since :wink: . Oh, and his siblings all already have kids of their own.

Joline was a very pretty teenager, I think. Here she is when she and Eric had their short romantic phase during high school. SP had other plans.
    wSwKN4N.jpg
    One of her parents is Ricky Blue. I think I already posted a few pics of him. He was one of the kids his mom Ethel ("Big Joe"'s wife) brought into Robert-Michel's home at the beginning of this series. Here he is in the Gao home, playing with one of the dragons (he nicked that one for good :lol: ):
    u351mKg.jpg
    And, last not least, this is Joline's fiancé Kirk.
    M7PvC1i.jpg
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    And, rewinding time again to when Eric was still a toddler, Robert-Michel was just teaching Philip, his son with Zepher, how to drive.
    kC0nki1.jpg
    edited June 2021
    Been thinking about doing a "hard-hitting" homeless sims story. @Featherbelle and I nearly came so close to that in January of this year (we found a place (which we've been in for the past six months) right at the very last second and the thoughts really rotate through your head, of...if I don't have a roof over my head, will I make it. Will I see the end of this or what?

...so I'm in the stages of writing the first chapter of this story.
    Homeless; it’s a word that conjures up fear in its most primal form. You are exposed, vulnerable. You have no succor from the stress of whether you are going to live to see the sun rise. And the rising of the sun is cold comfort for it only brings about yet another long day, sometimes fruitless of looking for food; the very nutrients that serve to sustain you in this miserable existence. The rain beats down on you as you sleep; you are always cold and at the mercy of the elements.

People always say that it’s bad life choices that brings the threat of homelessness. But that is only true for the drug addicts and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (chronic alcoholics - since EA decided to censor it).

Not every homeless person has met his current situation at the pointy end of a needle filled with psychotropic drugs or by staring down the bottom of an alcohol bottle in a bleary haze to kill the pain.

Circumstances: a lost job because the owner thinks of his workers as checks and balances against a spreadsheet and needs to lose a few expenses to buy his next Mercedes (a penny saved is a penny earned, so they say); overwhelming grief over a beloved spouse lost to a life-threatening illness or an unfortunate accident that consumes the surviving spouse in a haze of unresolved what-ifs and wondering if it is worthwhile to even go on any longer after one loses the one person in their life that meant everything to them (they just give up on life); a landlord looking to renovict or turnover tenants, jacks up his rental rates to the point where his tenants have no place to go other than the streets because the other landlords seeing him jack up his rents causes them to jack up theirs in turn in order to compete.

I'm going to be tossing everything that I can at those sims.

The fines were levied as followed:

Selling Government Controlled Elements (Tiberium or Plutonium) - §10,000.00
    Selling Government Protected Species (Falcon, Spotted Sixam) - §10,000.00
    Poaching - §5,000.00
    Prostitution - §2,500.00
    Pets causing damage (digging up holes) - §1,500.00
    Garbage - §800.00
    Dog /Cat with no License – §800.00
    Dog/Cat off Leash - §500.00
    Loitering - §250.00

Licenses -
    Government License to sell Minerals - §25,000.00 (paid up front to be able to sell gemstones and metals).
    Fishing License – §2500.00

For owning pets one faced other levies.
    Dog license – §800.00
    Cat license - §300.00

Let's see them try to survive this one.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @Turjan Thanks for the comment and for liking my Agathi Flansbarne. ;)

What an unfortunate story for Eric to have his girlfriend die, but I suppose being a criminal is.. well, risky business..

Unlucky date, but he made the right decision to not be Jolines garbage bin. But hey, it's a start for getting out again.

Oh, Eric has a twin brother. Nice touch with the matching toddler mats. :P

I agree that Jolina was pretty as a teenager.

You got some nice cars in your game too..

~~~~~

Chapter 11.4 - July Summer Holiday - Day 2 and 3.

Day 2

As the family spent such a long time over at Leyas' parents house, they slept for well into the afternoon the following day. Leya is the first to wake up.

3nFCBx7.jpeg

And goes to eat some left over tofu hot dogs, probably prepared by another one of the hotel guests.
    Gaute wakes up next, and goes to make a macaroni and cheese lunch. Can't call it breakfast at this hour.

rLUORqJ.jpeg

„I miss Rune“, Bodil thinks. „Why couldn't Solvej and Rune come with us?“

LBvkqBZ.jpeg

In the evening they call a taxi* and head to the park to check out the Bewickton Summer Festival, with music already blaring from the nearby nightclubs and the community theatre. „Next time we go somewhere, we are not getting a hotel downtown!“ Leya says to Gaute.

(*their rental car(s) must be very unreliable, typical vacation trouble I guess, but at least they're not stuck on a highway in the middle of nowhere..)

„I have always enjoyed a lively town“, Gaute replies. „Maybe we should head out for a drink later.“

„Not as long as I'm pregnant, Gaute!“ Leya ends the conversation.

CZSVYt0.jpeg

The festival grounds wasn't to lively at first. Leya and Bodil decide to get each their slush (Leya already finished hers) and Gaute decides to practice football (in the background), when a mother and her baby toddler comes along to interrupt the peace..

wiii1AQ.jpeg

It starts to get dark, and Leya goes for an eating contest with some of the locals.

t2ovDuI.jpeg
    Gaute takes Bodil roller skating.

pUR6131.jpeg
    Gaute: Come along, Bodil! Don't be afraid, it's very fun! Just follow me and I'll show you how to do it!

ct1rbGY.jpeg
    Bodil doesn't want to stay out so long after dark and rents a bike to get back to the hotel. I have Gaute and Leya follow, so that they can rest and get up at a better time for the next day.

n94rRLl.jpeg

Before going to bed, Gaute takes a bath and the bathtub breaks.. so he calls the hotel reception to have someone come up and fix it. „Maybe Leya is right and we should get a different hotel next time..“ Gaute thinks.

a4izkbR.jpeg

Day three
    FCf5Bfh.jpeg
    The next morning Leya hangs out in the hotel lobby, where she meets another of the hotel guests, Synneva Seljeseth, that also have the virtuoso trait.
    nxiyWwY.jpeg
    Once Bodil has finished eating her breakfast, Leya wants to visit her sister, Udisha. Their rental car looks a little different today..

A0NDKhN.jpeg
    This is Udishas home, where she chose to live with her husband, Dudleif* Chitrakaar-Skurchk, much to the Narrators displeasure! She had such a nice home in the better part of town, with her own atelier upstairs for painting.. and she chooses to marry that old fart and live out here...Dudleif is the same age as her dad, Deepak... but if that is the life that makes her happy, then so be it..
    * Dudley Racket in the english version of the game.

Now, lets see if Udisha is home.

4LJtNqI.jpeg
    „Nope, nobody is home“ says Leya, „It's raining and I'm getting hungry, let's go have lunch at the bistro“.

0n2gcsp.jpeg
    Poor Bodil has to eat her meal alone, because the game does not allow for children to part of the friend group, which is just silly.. Sims just weren't meant to do things together, such as eating, like a unit or family, I suppose....

aBaBdWt.jpeg
    The restaurant had built roofs over the outdoor dining areas, because summers in Bewickton are very rainy which is typical for the west coast areas.

WqLXwGR.jpeg
    After lunch Leya wanted to go to the art gallery, but was downvoted by both Gaute and Bodil, so they went to the local indoor swimming pool instead. Good wonders, they have the entire pool to themselves.

9lhPVoP.jpeg
    It's not until they are about to leave and go back to the hotel that the swimming pool gets another visitor, Natalie Gregers, a local paparazzi. Sorry, hon, you won't find any celebrities here, just some tourists. ;)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    Layla's Confession

The golden light streaming in the window seems to make her face shine with a health that she has not seen in a long time. It does her heart good to see her young face staring back at her. Looking critically into the mirror, she is surprised at how relaxed her features are and more importantly how carefree she feels right this minute. There are no worry or stress lines on her face. She is not experiencing her usual headache, no pounding in her chest, no upset stomach. She feels perfectly normal. She hasn't felt this way in years, since becoming the Oracle in fact. Layla peers in the mirror one more time and wonders if she should return to that life. The Fates are still blocked since she almost died after the previous communication with them. She is not quite sure she wants to communicate with them anytime soon. This has been her life for so many years. What will she do if she is not the Oracle?
    51242029521_b46675b1ca_o.jpg

Down in the kitchen Layla finds leftover crepes and enjoys them with her morning tea. It is quiet in the house and her thoughts turn to Lee. She smiles thinking of him. He is obviously extremely intelligent having mastered all the elemental magic as well as light and dark magic. She ponders why he is not assuming a leadership position with the grand council. He is clearly well qualified. Lee is also a fine looking man. He is apparently attracted to her by what he said after her change. She is not quite sure if he is aware they all overheard him. He seems a little naive, maybe just shy when it comes to women. Most of their conversation has been about Mary, her curse and his magic. Perhaps today she can find out more about him.
    51244515549_6b96eaff03_o.jpg

Lee greets Layla enthusiastically as he enters the kitchen. “Good morning, Oracle.”
    Layla replies frostily, but with a wicked smile he can see as she turns. “Good morning Wizard.” Her eyes stare daggers at Lee.
    He laughs heartily at her attempt to stare him down. “Oh, I am so sorry Layla. I did it again! I apologize. I will eventually get used to addressing you by your given name. For such a long time I’ve thought of you as The Oracle. I never imagined I’d actually meet you and associate with you in person.”

Layla nods as she resumes cleaning the counter. “I accept your apology Lee. I don't feel like an Oracle. You should practice saying my name. Layla, Layla, Layla."

He watches thoughtfully as she cleans the dirty cabinet. “Layla, Layla, Layla! I know you are a genie. Why do you clean like that rather than wield your powers?”

Layla giggles at how Lee uses her name. Ok, she can add, sense of humor under that serious facade to Lee's list of attributes. "Sometimes, it just feels good to scrub until a room is spotless."

Lee delights at hearing her giggle and resolves to make her do that more often.
    51244515499_fb6035a063_o.jpg

Grabbing a plate of crepes from the fridge, Lee sets it on the table. He looks over at Layla, and she is finishing the counter. "Layla, have you eaten? Please join me."
    "Thank you, I ate earlier."
    "Come sit and talk with me unless you have other plans."

Layla sits at the table delighted that Lee wants her company. She watches him eat with obvious enjoyment. “Lee, what are your plans while you wait until Mary can be revived?”
    “I want to check my supplies. I will go through my inventory and be sure everything is fresh and ready. I plan to call and set up time to visit Emmaline and help her with her Earth levels. She needs a sponsor, and I can undertake that easily. I'd also like to look around town. I've never been to this part of the world before. I'd love to explore.”

“That is very kind of you to help Emmaline. She seems eminently worthy and was so valuable after I collapsed and of course, provided the cure as well. You seem to enjoy your work. Helping others comes naturally to you?”
    “It is what I’ve desired to do since I was young. I focused on learning and acquired the knowledge needed to do my best for others. I enjoy my work. You also help others, Layla. Don’t you enjoy it?”

She sighs and wonders, 'what he will think after finding out how awful the real me is. I guess I might as well tell him now, before becoming too involved with him.'
    51243950158_552ddda772_o.jpg

“I enjoyed it when I initially became the Oracle. My friend Jerich thought it was perfect for me when I felt the call. It was marvelous helping others and guiding them by providing the prophecy from the Fates. I didn’t always recognize what the prophecy meant. Interpretation was up to the individual according to the Fates. Sometimes they are perfectly clear. But more often the prophecies are obscure. People were very unhappy and denounced me as if it was my fault.”

“At first, I was patient with their disappointment. It was understandable when they were seeking help, and I provided gibberish. The Fates speak through me. I can't change what they say. I became bitter from the blame and less patient with their disappointment. When I met Jamie, he helped by calming some of those seeking the words. That helped tremendously, but he couldn't always be present. He also tried to help me, but I wouldn’t let him. I was too stubborn to see I needed help too. I became more distant and resentful over the years. Some prophecies are obviously dreadful and terrifying. I always informed the petitioners that prophecies can be changed because of free will. How they alter their lives is up to them, not me. I can’t fix it. I would offer to read them later to see if things changed. Some took me up on that and did change their fate. I was always very delighted to discover the new prophecy and those people were grateful and satisfied. It was a joy to help them, but I still maintained my distance. Others condemned me for the Fates words as they waited for it to come to pass, and did nothing to change their lives. Year after year it took a toll on me. I did my job but no longer enjoyed it. It showed in how I treated those who wanted something I could not give. I never thought about quitting. I expect I should have, or found another way to figure out the meanings of the prophecies."

“This last client most assuredly did not like his prophecy and cursed me. I’m honestly not quite sure I can begin again. I closed myself off from the Fates after almost dying relating Mary's. I’m not ready to allow them back in. I finally let Jamie help me when he was in Shang Simla. That was when I recognized how his power is growing with the bond he has with Bekka. It is truly extraordinary.” Layla finishes her story and looks up at Lee expecting to see damnation and scorn in his face. Instead, she sees nothing but concern.
    51244806315_59083eb3c9_o.jpg

“Oh, my dear Layla. No one should have to go through that kind of trial trying to help others. It would be very difficult for anyone to undergo that kind of constant criticism. I don't understand the Fates allowing this to happen to you or any Oracle bearing their words. The Fates gave you a difficult task, and no guidance on deciphering their words to make it easier dealing with frustrated petitioners. You are correct, it is time for you to consider whether you want to continue as the Oracle. You need to take your time thinking about what you want for your future. When you decide to talk with the Fates, please allow me to support you as you meditate to reach them. Despite the potions curing you, your body took a terrible toll from the curse as well as almost dying. I’m glad Jamie helped. He is an extremely powerful empath. I will need to work with him as well.” He reaches out and touches her hand gently in reassurance.

“Thank you Lee. I sincerely appreciate your kind words. Yes, I would be honored to have your support when I talk with the Fates. That is very reassuring to me.” She smiles gratefully at him. “Please let me help you check your ingredients and show you around town. I don't know it well but I went out exploring the other day. Despite being very cold that day, it was beautiful. I'm used to warmer climates, and I expect I will enjoy spring here more than winter.
    "Yes, you can certainly help check the ingredients. Perhaps we can do that tomorrow. It would be my pleasure to explore the town with you."
    51244806295_a0a578d510_o.jpg
    Good maker! I'm on a cc Shopping spree tonight XD I spammed my own tumblr with boat loads LOL
    I'm addicted. :D
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member
    I don’t a huge amount of CC in my game. It’s mostly for female children, namely a couple of skirts and dresses, some swimwear and some ballet clothing. But I’m thinking of getting a couple more things. And I’m also going to get Lunar Lakes from the store, as well as a few other store items although I’m not sure which ones yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top