Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the dust kit worth buying

Is the dust kit worth buying 83 votes

Oh Yea! Definitely buy it
12%
windweaverGalacticGalBlkBarbiegalfriendlysimmersmarcel21KhrisstyneDoloresGreyCeridwenHearts4uSimtanium 10 votes
It's worth the money
38%
Akl500PBluegayleIcewolfJueJueelanorbretonkwanzaabotsimgirl1010cchant86robyngravesMindofyashcrash19bevilleKironideorkhid22Glimmer50MVWdeZTBabykittyjadelanlynkristenleighwhiteTrashmagic 32 votes
Only when they fix the bugs
21%
alan650111jcs7219ncisGibbs02freindlylolDarkLady2788LustianiciahalloweenchildbixtersSajahiBatmanFanGirlWinifred_WillowLoanethappyopiUncagedSongbirdDaepheneJennifer_carpe_diemnavyshades 18 votes
Not worth $2
9%
Nh6650Toriesnoepjes1210garapoesOldeseadoggeZiafarQuillWriterEternalSunshine 8 votes
Not worth 2 cents
18%
Cabelle1863Isb917haneulmjallettaydevTo7mFraTacpammiechickChadSims2randy2355BreazonaMrMonty96scoed1227InuMiroLoverSERVERFRA 15 votes

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    It's worth the money
    What bugs are left? I have no bugs with it, I thought they were all fixed now.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member

Thanks, I have been wondering about that.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Not worth 2 cents
    It's the worst ever. It only has vaccum cleaners, dust buster & dust bunnies. Yuck! :s
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    It's worth the money
    I love the kit, and use it more often than laundry. It's hard to say who the pack appeals to, though. The occult fans probably aren't interested in household chores and the realism fans won't easily warm up to the wacky dust bunnies.

I also have a mod to stop the bunnies from endlessly generating money (or did they fix that? i never know what is a bug and what a feature).
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I love the kit, and use it more often than laundry. It's hard to say who the pack appeals to, though. The occult fans probably aren't interested in household chores and the realism fans won't easily warm up to the wacky dust bunnies.

I also have a mod to stop the bunnies from endlessly generating money (or did they fix that? i never know what is a bug and what a feature).

Thanks for the information, I did not know that you would generate money from it, I will look into that.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited June 2021
    Not worth 2 cents
    Not worth 2 cents to me because of the dust bunnies if they removed them I'd probably buy it for $2 but that's not the case
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Personally, I love it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Absolutely, but for me vacuuming is something I've wanted in the Sims since TS3. And it's perfect for my SAH-moms.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    It's worth the money
    After they fixed the bugs I really like it.
    The only things I really don't like are the dust bunnies. At first I thought they were cute, but now I just find them annoying and I always let my Sims vacuum them away. >:)
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited June 2021
    It's worth the money
    I kinda like that sims have more chores to do, but I do wish that toddlers could play with the dust bunnies, as that would make it a lot more fun, but they can't even interact with them.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Not worth 2 cents
    I was excited for it. Bought it first thing. Came with more.bugs then game play by a lot
    It is horridly tuned and unbalanced. It had potential but it was just broken in every way possible.

I regret the perchance. I would not pay a single cent as it first came in fact I wouldn'thave down loaded it for free. Bugs ruined everything. Now it is totally unbalanced but at least payable. Currant value is about $0.02. Balance is so off I have it disabled but at least it no longer breaks my game.

Avoid this kit. I wish I did.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited June 2021
    It's worth the money
    I like it; it's $5 (less than my Starbucks); you can turn it off in the settings if you don't like it; it got a nerf to keep it from being necessary so often; it is integrated into normal cleaning, though a little oddly; it has two new aspirations; it actually adds gameplay.

Not all of these are necessarily good, but I think the majority of them are. All in all, I think it is worth the $5 and I am not really a super realistic player (love my occults). Anyway, laundry annoys me so much more and I still always use it.

Random warning, the vacuums need an eco upgrade to work off grid from what I can tell. I think they said it did work in some pre-release info and they may have meant the upgraded versions, but that can be a little annoying.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Sounds good! If it is bugfree now then I will get it next time I go online.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I love the pack but it is overpriced.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I bought it a few days after it was released. But I disabled the pack three days later because of those dreaded sparkles that appear whenever the house is clean. Plus I didn't like the dust bunnies or how many pricey treasures they gifted to my Sims. Or the fact our Sims could vacuum the entire house while standing in one place. I tried to like this pack, but it just wasn't enjoyable to play. Laundry Day has more to offer, at a higher price, but even at five dollars for Bust the Dust I still felt it was a mistake to buy it.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I've been wondering the same. I initially wanted it, but all the bugs put me off and now I'm still on the fence. I'd like it for the extra chore, but not sure if it's balanced right for my taste.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I bought it a few days after it was released. But I disabled the pack three days later because of those dreaded sparkles that appear whenever the house is clean. Plus I didn't like the dust bunnies or how many pricey treasures they gifted to my Sims. Or the fact our Sims could vacuum the entire house while standing in one place. I tried to like this pack, but it just wasn't enjoyable to play. Laundry Day has more to offer, at a higher price, but even at five dollars for Bust the Dust I still felt it was a mistake to buy it.

I quickly tired of the inspired moodlet that wouldn't die and the neediness of the dust bunnies. The value of the treasures they brought you depended on the packs you have. Only simmers with JA got anything of massive value.
  • NewEmersedCrownNewEmersedCrown Posts: 37 Member
    I do not own this pack but have a question for people who have.

I'm a historical simmer, so I would only want to use the vacuum cleaner when playing specific eras. If I get this pack, will I end up stuck in a situation where my medieval household has no choice but to buy a vacuum cleaner because there is just dirt and dust everywhere? I guess what I am asking is - is there an 'off' button? Kind of like there is with Eco Living N.A.Ps? Or, at the very least, is there a non-electronic way to clean the dust e.g. with a broom?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

I'm a historical simmer, so I would only want to use the vacuum cleaner when playing specific eras. If I get this pack, will I end up stuck in a situation where my medieval household has no choice but to buy a vacuum cleaner because there is just dirt and dust everywhere? I guess what I am asking is - is there an 'off' button? Kind of like there is with Eco Living N.A.Ps? Or, at the very least, is there a non-electronic way to clean the dust e.g. with a broom?

You can collect dustbunnies like trash piles and when a sim mopped the puddles on the floor, they also got rid of the dust problem, so I guess the vacuum is not absolutely necessary. The most annoying thing about it is that now the sims' houses are no longer spotlessly clean, there is a thin layer of dust that appears soon after cleaning that gives them a happy moodlet from lived-in house.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    edited June 2021
    It's worth the money

Are you okay with using mods? There's a broom and mop option here
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    The pack was a buggy mess when they released it, but they have actually fixed a lot of them and tuned the moodlets. A clean house now boost the emotion "fine" instead of "inspired" (with makes a lot more sense). I'm thankful for the fixes because having vacuum is a fun element to the game (I´m a realism player). Still a little disappointed that it didn´t came with a broom, that had been perfect for Cottage living EP.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2021

There are no bugs left. The inspired mod was done away with. I was worried that I would not like it after all the adjustments that were made. Yet, I do and everything works fine for me.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    It's worth the money
    @NewEmersedCrown there is an off button in the game settings menu.

@Hearts4u thanks, I was beginning to think I had imagined the fixes lol. It is much better with the fine mood instead of inspired, my sims don't keep getting the hoover out all the time, the bunnies don't pay me money and the dust accumulation is slower.

The only annoying thing they left in, which I mod out, is when a sim goes up or downstairs and they kind of stop to sniff the clean room.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    I voted when they fix the bugs, which was the best first for me.

I would be interested in the kit with some adjustments. So if they added these features and fixes I’d get it.

A broom with dustpan and brush.

Dust collects weekly. Each floor is by rotation so your Sim isn’t constantly hoovering the whole house. One day it’s the ground floor but the first floor would be the next day or something.

I understand why they chose to have Sims stay in a single spot to hoover but in a big room I’d at least like one movement or it’s just weird.

I’d like an option to turn off dust bunnies. I don’t get them or the earning money from them. 😩😩😩. It’s just odd to me.

I think all kits could be a little cheaper but it depends whether you think it’s worth the price. I hope you have fun if you get it 😎.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Now, I feel it's worth it since the bugs are fixed and the buffs are toned down. It's more enjoyable. I love basic things like this in the sims.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!