Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use mods?

So yeah, I see tons of posts about people using mods a common question has become "is there a mod for that?"

So I'm wondering if I'm the only one that thinks mods are unnecessary.

Do you use mods? 302 votes

Absolutely! Mod the world!!!!
60%
auroraael14CK213bshag4lvtams2578julienrob2004Kita5399Mstybl95GalacticGalEdoubleGoodiesdjacquelynstewjeepjeepcatalexspoom13Nighteyesalan650111aelias24MartinvWrenrySikoahGraceColorist40BreeNilla 183 votes
Yes. sometimes.
21%
lisamwittPlayerSinger2010KelleygirlMelisendrebabajayneelanorbretonSnuffyBucketpendragon1980simgirl1010IObellemystang1972GwastenMicamitchiebanjoLustianiciaashcrash19KironideMizzila1297phantasmkissBabykittyjadehalloweenchild 64 votes
No. But I've considered and am curious.
6%
Frn0731JueJuerhaliusmaggiemae8135SerraNolwenSailorCetiwaterywatermelonSheriSim57TomatplantelifeofdaydreamsDaepheneSimmingalClousinatorsChildrenofhurinmightyspriteTammorsL00NYL0V3wahini2024Coraline_029 19 votes
Absolutely Not! I don't need mods to have fun in the game.
8%
Bluegaylelove7680mcruddSimburiancchant86MindofyLizzychicagoMVWdeZTsimplyzoeemereTo7mfoxybillySimsAddict_244catmando830FlapColton147147musteniflippinmaryLoanetDeeTsims 27 votes
Console: Absolutely would love to if I could!
1%
Lemon405Umbreon12SepiaRySBI 4 votes
Console: Yes, I would try some of them.
0%
LquinnSnowBnuuy 2 votes
Console: No, I see little reason for them.
0%
KhrisstynePenguinFoop 2 votes
Console: Absolutely Not! My game is good without them, thank you.
0%
bluelighting 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Some mods could be fun but honestly, the game is very fun without them so don't really have a desire to try.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Yes and I am not looking back. 100% worth it. To console players - you have Bloodborne, don't complain.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    Okay first, what is Bloodborne, second, who's complaining? Third, thanks for a crumb!
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I’m going with Yes, sometimes because I went a very long time without them but I’ve been using them for the past few months. I love several mods by Bienchen (some that fix annoyances and a whim overhaul) and I might have something spicy in there as well. I find it gives me a new appreciation for fit sims!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I love mods. I have been removing a bunch of my mods lately, though. I wanna get it to where I only use mods when absolutely necessary. My game runs better this way plus less stress having to update them when game updates occur.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Generally, I love mods in any game I play but I also find them necessary in sims 4. There's a lot of little annoyances that I couldn't play with if I didn't fix them with mods.
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited June 2021
    Console: Yes, I would try some of them.
    Console player- completely fine with not being able to mod it. When it comes to storytelling, I'm fine about not being able to use poses etc. for the screenshots. I roll with what I've got and see how it goes. Anything I can't capture in the pictures, I capture in the writing, so it's all good. For me, having some kind of limitation inspires me to be more creative with things. That said, some of the mods/CC do look really fun, and I sometimes find myself thinking 'It'd be cool to have that' but it's not a big deal for me. If I want to play with mods and CC I have TS2 and TS3 for that : )

If I had access to mods on TS4, I know for a fact that I'd never finish any stories/challenges because I'd be too busy hunting for mods and CC because I have no self-control. I used to spend hours hunting down cool build/buy stuff for TS2/TS3, and like 20 minutes actually playing it. Thing is after modding those two games so much, it'd be hard to play either of the two vanilla.
    Post edited by SnowBnuuy on
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 723 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I voted 'Yes, sometimes', although I have mods I use all the time out of sheer necessity. MCCC is a must for me, because of the slowness of my computer if I didn't have the ability to autofill needs my Sims would literally be doing nothing but taking care of their needs or I'd have repetitive strain injury from constantly typing in cheat codes. Grim Reaper Actions Unlocker and Soul Reaper Career mods by Gauntlet are also a must have for me, if I want to play Grim as a full character in my household.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I could never play TS4 without mods.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I could not play the Sims 4 without mods.
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2021
    Other.

No for now, I find little reason for them. Also I don't have time hunting for mods and keeping them up to date or wonder whenever this or that bug is from the game itself or some mod I've installed. I might consider using some mods after the game has run its course and is no longer officially updated, but I don't find many popular mods (Meaningful Stories for example) very interesting to begin with, MCCC has couple minor functions that I find useful, but I often wonder if it worth fiddling with all those settings just to get couple things out of it.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,738 Member
    edited June 2021
    I couldn't play the game without them.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,358 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I'm somewhere between the top two. I use mods, but I also have a dedicated save for playing when I have no mods installed (so, after patch day while waiting for mods to update) and I'm trying to re-evaluate which mods I really "need" (mostly bugfix mods) vs. those I simply like because the Dev team decided X about a given system, and I'd rather play it with Y.

Because there are certain glitches with the game (mostly AI lag) that simply happen less in my vanilla save, I'm trying to cut down.

But the mods that are basically cheats made easy are going to stay. :wink:
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2021
    Yes. sometimes.
    I don't find mods necessary to have fun. Mainly I use them to add more nitty gritty things, drama like crazy custom traits and things you just couldn't normally play out in ts4. Since I love apocalyptic play that's the only way for me to get it. But no I don't feel like I NEED it to have fun. I would just have to switch up my playstyle like before I discovered mods.
    What I feel I NEED is cc 😆
    I love all the modders out there but they bring so many glitches to the game lol I really prefer as less as possible
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Modding has been an integral part of my gaming life for many years. If a game that I play is moddable, I'm probably gonna mod it.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,490 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    When I do, I only use CAS and Build/Buy mods. I never use gameplay mods because those are the ones that are much more likely to break the game... also, in my opinion, I don't think modders should be the ones doing the developers' jobs. It's truly sad how modders are often creating better features and content than the actual developers do... and they do it for FREE!

I shouldn't have to play with mods to make the game interesting... because the developers should be doing that!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    Been using MCCC for a couple months now mainly to delete unwanted relationships, but I'm seeing a bunch other functions in it I'll likely use in the future.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    Other.

No for now, I find little reason for them. Also I don't have time hunting for mods and keeping them up to date or wonder whenever this or that bug is from the game itself or some mod I've installed. I might consider using some mods after the game has run its course and is no longer officially updated, but I don't find many popular mods (Meaningful Stories for example) very interesting to begin with, MCCC has couple minor functions that I find useful, but I often wonder if it worth fiddling with all those settings just to get couple things out of it.

Soooo, that's a "No. But I've considered and am curious?"
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    Couldn't play without them.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    To be specific, I only use 1 mod MCCC. Otherwise, I don't care for them at all.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I played this game for a year without mods and I loved it, then I discovered MCCC and there was no turning back. I have a vanilla save which I use if I want to play right after a patch but that save does not compare to my modded save(s).

So yeah, I could play this game without mods. Would I prefer to? Lol no.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    The Sims 4 with mods is AMAZING!!
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    So I was vanilla for a long time, and still am for most of the time. I really have only tried some out the last week or two on one self contained save. However, I have played mods in other games. Sims 4 isn't the kind of game I would usually consider a mod play candidate (for my personal taste).

So long as a game is sandbox-y and has official cheats, I really don't tend to need or want any because I use it to usually fix tedious things/force games to be a sandbox where there is no sandbox play. Plus 4 (and others like it) updates way too frequently and has nothing Steam workshop level easy to make me really want to fool with it.

When I considered mods for anything larger than that, such as adding mechanics, I realized the scope of things I'd like to change would be annoying to find and maintain. It put me off for a very long time, until I just decided to wing it when I was very bored. I'd only touch things I knew something about and address issues that particularly bother me (such as household limit).

My experience? Mixed. I mean, I did enjoy myself, but my found mod couldn't really surpass the game design for household limits so I have to be careful using it. I noticed a number more dropped actions than usual, too. I plan to delete this test save and remove it all when Cottage Living drops. I may touch it again. May not. *shrug*

So you are not the only one that plays vanilla, but I'd be lying if I said I do not find 4 lacking in some ways that made me bored enough to try them. Beyond stability mods, I wouldn't do that for 3.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    Yes and I am not looking back. 100% worth it. To console players - you have Bloodborne, don't complain.
    @ArcherDK I'm still salty about Bloodborne because I really, really want to play it but have refused to buy a Playstation just for one game. They had all the Dark Souls games on PC for crying out loud, why not Bloodborne? :s

Anyhow, mods all the way. I might not always have many of them but I just absolutely love how I can tweak specific things and tailor the game for my interests. They are also a great way to extend the longevity of the game whenever I grow bored. For me, modding has played a hugely significant part thorough the series (minus the first one but, then again, that was a different time and I never even got expansions for it). With TS4 it has been less about CC and more about mods affecting gameplay because that's where most of my grievances are.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,045 Member
    edited June 2021
    No. But I've considered and am curious.
    well this option is still kind of off

its more like I see the appeal of mods and i used to use some in past which i sometimes miss but I don't personally really use mods anymore because i can't bother maintaining mod folder and i really don't want to risk my current save that is probably my longest save yet by giving it more ways to break
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free