Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living: Prep and Plans

Comments

• Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am making plans for a few different games with the new world. The first though will be a farming family who just want to survive and live the simple life. I plan to make a couple, newly married, who will move in with the man's parents to help out with the farm. I love the idea of a vet so maybe he will become one while the others work the farm. I already started making a few shell cottages that I plan to finish when I get the pack soI can use the new items in build. Later I plan to do a town in the colonial times and another for supernaturals. I love the rural look to this town and just can't wait! I also want to make a version of Skyrim in this town. I have wanted to start a Skyrim sims game for a while but now of the worlds really fit with the modern looking backgrounds. This one will be perfect!
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    edited June 2021
    Leod McGreggor currently has a farm in Windenburg - he'll be moving to Henford with his farms, and will be adding some chickens and cows! I want to create a flower shop in the towncenter. It feels like Henford would have a quaint little flower shop.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    With llazyneiphs Royalty Mod I'm thinking of making a count/baron/whatever and making a manor house to go with it, probably on the 64x64 lot or whatever.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited June 2021
    I will be playing my simself so I can vicariously live my off the grid, self sustaining cottage farm fantasy. I'll consider this practice before I turn my fantasy into my real world reality one day. I'm definitely going to make the most of Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Eco Lifestyle, Outdoor Retreat and of course Cottage Living. I'll likely use a mod to make Granite Falls a residential world, the 50x50 lot at the top of the map is almost exactly where I imagine my future home will be. I imagine I'll also make use of Get to Works retail system to open up a local farmers market of sorts where I'll sell all sorts of self produced goods.
  • Options
    Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    I am probably going to start a new legacy challenge as I always start it my generation s off as farmers. With new family I plan to have a big family and in which they will all be helping out with farm. Tbh it is all i got for right now, just waiting for more information.
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    Usually I start a new family geared toward that world and rarely play with premades but I would like to see who they are, maybe I will play with them. Right now I’m playing with a teenager who’s obsessed with the movies and plans to be an actress. After she starts college and meets a boy(who I’ve already made) she’s going to work harder on her health and wellness and become a famous star. One she’s ready to have kids, they will move to Henford for the quiet life away from paparazzi while her husband still continues his private attorney career. Maybe I’ll have her mothers retire there as well. Her husband’s family is too business driven to move to a slow paced town like that. That’s the narrative I’m playing in my head anyway.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Since this EP is all about Cottage Living, which includes farming, as in living off of the land, (and please tell me they can churn butter) it's sounding very much like the beginnings of Virginia Colony. I plan on either moving my two ancestral families into two separate lots, or I'll have them do 'business' in this new location. It all depends on the sizes of any available lots, first off, and what, if anything, we can incorporate in any of the other neighborhoods. So, I'm in a bit of a holding pattern, for now. Just for the record, I really don't play with premades. Nothing against them really, I just like to create my own characters and let my imagination run wild.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @GalacticGal I also am hopeful for butter churning! That would be awesome in general for more craftable items but especially cool for historical and fantasy saves.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Sims 3 had butter churning so it would be great if Sims 4 does the same. I would also like a spinning wheel to make the wool into yard/threads for the cross-stitching and knitting hobbies. It would be perfect for a colonial period game! I made my favorite farm based on an old farmhouse in a "living" museum and would love to make it more authentic with these items. It would also be nice if they added a loom for weaving! Maybe a kit for the future with these types of items for those of us who enjoy gameplay from previous time periods, if not in Cottage Living? I can always hope!
  • Options
    DCJ504DCJ504 Posts: 116 Member
    I made a version of the main couple from the Outlander books and I think that this world might be the perfect setting for them.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    This pack is a long awaited blessing for my game, and not only due to farming theme.

For ages I've been hoping for a rural world for placing a huge build that is home to one of my finest Houses. Rural because a considerable apple/roses/nectar production would be included.

I wanted the new world to somehow match Britechester, as I already pretended that the same fine House resided in the same district as Britechester. I could not have been more lucky, a British countryside environment seems perfect!

My greatest concern was that I already built the home of this fine House temporarily on the 64x64 lot in del Sol Valley. Well, it was early announced that Henford-on-Bagley comes with a 64x64 lot - now I will only need to adjust the exterior a little.

Other than this the House also owns a manor that is home to an apple producing Barony. Should be quite easy to fit in.

Other plans were not made, except a few couples might move there to start smaller farms or at least get some farming experience before returning to their family farm or estate.

I also made Farm Rights for the animals, trying to make a plan for what households should have cows, llamas and chicken. All can have them for own consume, but some might specialize on say milk or eggs, by having multiple animals/coops.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @Simmerville my mind always boggles at the complexity of your game! I am awed at the efforts you put into every aspect.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    @Simmerville my mind always boggles at the complexity of your game! I am awed at the efforts you put into every aspect.

Thanks! :) It m ight be bad of me writing just a short blurb because I assume it makes less sense to others when nothing is explained. But ja, I love details and I might have a stronger focus on the community than each household.

Btw: I also plan to keep the Crumplebottom household, of course :) Other pre-mades might be on stake, though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

It's time for my aliens to have a proper farm just for them. They will have cows and llamas of "unnatural" colors. Producing milk and wool that's "different" too. Off to the side of this farm my aliens will grow all the Sixam crops for their delicate anatomy. This farm will be situated in the high lands of strangerville surrounded by steampunk like aesthetics. <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    I have been making cottages, none are finished as I will add stuff from the new pack. I rather like this one.
    06-19-21-3-32-18-PM.png
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm playing a family of 5, I have alot of plans of how their lives is going to be, their oldest I'm planning on her getting attacked by a vampire when she's a young adult and she's going to transform into a vampire, then she's going to move in with them, so I'm thinking beauty and beast sort of story, not exactly love at first sight lol, I'm wanting them to eventually get married and have a daughter, the middle child I'm wanting him to be into science, build robots and perhaps hopefully get an alien child 🤣 perhaps I will let him get married and have 2 human children aswell, the youngest is still a toddler she was adopted into the family I might of cheated and gave her the spellcaster trait, I'm wanting her and her parents if they are still alive by that point to buy a cottage in the new world and farm animals etc, I'm wanting her to be a single mum basically to keep the spellcasters in the family, I've decided to only play one family and all my sims that I play will be related in some way
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I have only recently just come back from playing after a long break. Certainly very welcome news about the farming pack. I want to continue my current game but aspects like certain sims are no longer of interest to me for a variety of reason so made some hard decisions to cut them from rotational play. I finally decided that my couple with toddler twins, both vets (they also own a vet in sulani) and also the mum who is the environmentalist in IL - they will move to BoH and run a farm, possibly also a vet in the area. I think the Mum will quit the environmental career.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2021
    Have a family in game that has a 'farm' of sorts with a build I made that always made a living selling their crops. (Along with the son who does a lot of wood working he sells) I also added the fizzing station some time ago so there was more variety and such. With things like canning I'll be doing that as well. <3 Using the selling table on the home lot for a 'yard sale' I always use.

Probably move them to the new world as they're in Bridelton Bay just for the sake of participating in the gardening contests. Less we get notifications about that like the other events in other worlds. Plus, the cooking/baking contest interests me as well. Might consider making a complete market place lot too in another world or perhaps Newcrest. Hoping and expecting an overhaul of the recipes in games to actually require ingredients to make them or at least for a good chunk of them.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2021
    I’ve been prepping buy looking at various cottages and hobbit houses. I’ll need to see the world first before I make any definite plans as to what I plan to build.

I also need the actual pack before I can add a family member to the Traus household that I’ve been playing. I’m going to give Denton Traus a twin brother (name undetermined for now). I also plan to make a new Sim who'll eventually become the twin’s wife. The twin brother will move to the new world.

This is Bella and Denton Traus by the way.
    Denton-Bella-Close-up.jpg

I can’t even do my family photos for Denton’s side of the family until the pack is released. At least I was able to complete his wife’s (Bella) side of the family. I'm big on photos so that my homes feel family oriented and truly lived in.
    Family-with-Names.jpg

Denton's family.
    Traus-Family.jpg

I started off playing with Denton and his wife, Bella. Then when DHD came out, I finally started playing with Bella's sister, Carlie--the interior decorator. Now that Cottage Living is coming, I plan to play with Denton's twin brother. I like having extended families for so many different reasons.

I usually like to hear about a pack release a week or two before. Yet in this case, I'm happy for the advance notice. :)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I'll probably just create a few Sims and move them into the new world. I don't usually do much prepping for EP's. :D
    He/Him
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Well the only thing that is absolutely concrete is I’ll be moving my Lara Croft sim and Croft Manor into the 64x64 lot. It makes sense, right?

Other than that I’m slightly torn… do I start a brand new save with either an adult/elderly female with a cat and maybe a kid or start a brand new test save and play with my adult male spellcaster with a pet racoon? I don’t know! Answers on a postcard would be much appreciated!
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited June 2021
    Delete me please!
    Post edited by GracieO312 on
  • Options
    pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    I was skilling up a gardener/botanist Sim but got caught with the gardening bug. So he's stalled out until a fix or until I can move him into the new area.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited June 2021
    ImSands wrote: »
    Leod McGreggor currently has a farm in Windenburg - he'll be moving to Henford with his farms, and will be adding some chickens and cows! I want to create a flower shop in the towncenter. It feels like Henford would have a quaint little flower shop.

Too funny, my Adult McGreggors are going to start a farm in HOB too. Currently, he is a part time fisherman, does handyman jobs and fishes on the side as well. She does most of the gardening, they have a big hunting dog, and currently live in a small house in Brindleton Bay. They often sell trinkets dug up, beachcombed or made from the wood work table. I may have her become a vet as she has the genius trait, and gets bored often, she always gravitates to a chess table when she see’s one, but she will also knit and embroidery to sell too. I had always planned for them to be farmers when a farming animal pack came out. I will have their teen granddaughter and child grandson spend some time with them I believe too.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    My first sim in my main ( rotational ) save depends on her 8 perfect dragon fruit plants to help pay her bills, she is stalled at the moment too, though she does some archeology too. I hope they fix regular gardening before this pack comes out too.