Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Musical instruments in future packs?

2...Next

Comments

• shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    i need sitars, tabla, mridangam, sarangi, sarod, dhol and tambura, thank u very much
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    I agree with all these suggestions for more instruments and bands playing together, but the one thing I want above all, which we didn't have in the Sims 3, is the an option for sims to sing with bands. You could have a jazz band with a jazz singer, a rock band with a lead singer, a classical trio (piano, violin and bass or cello) with an opera singer, etc. There could be instrumental bands as well, but bands with singers would be important. After all, we already have singers with accompaniment on a piano or guitar, able to sing a couple of different genres with a few songs each. These songs could just be expanded.

Agreed. It would also be fun if a singer had to audition with the band to get the job, and perhaps s/he would get sacked if not doing so well. Bands could get NPC singers, and singers should be able to join NPC bands.

In TS2 sims could in fact sing with a band. I just checked an old video of mine, and as the second performance in a charity show is a punk band with singer (P.U.K.E.) LOL. I had forgotten all about this show (made in 2008) and I'm surprised how laggy my game must have been. I also tend to remember my TS2 sims as a lot more beatiful than they actually were, LOL.

We could have a lebel system too if auditions are implemented in the game. Like for exemple they create a job that requires the sims to find talents to form a band that the sim manages (guitarist, pianist, singer, drum player etc even dancers if they develop a whole expansion pack around talent management)
  • RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    More cultural instruments would be awesome! They could have introduced some with Snowy Escape. Missed opportunity there! Maybe we will continue to see more and more varied cultures in the sims and this will happen.
    We have needed upright pianos for a loooong time. I don't know why we don't have those. I would also love harp, cello, and saxophone, but really as a musician myself I'm always excited when new instruments are introduced into the game.
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    More cultural instruments would be awesome! They could have introduced some with Snowy Escape. Missed opportunity there! .

Same with Island Living...They could have added new island instruments; In fact, each expansion should come with at least one new instrument that fits the theme (get together brought DJ skill with the object, city living brought singing thanks to karaoke, Get famous brought that new mixtape machine) so I don't get why they didn't do the same with the other expansions

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I would love drums with the interaction Sims has towards dollhouses where they break it whenever they get a chance
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I would love drums with the interaction Sims has towards dollhouses where they break it whenever they get a chance

That would be fun!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ikirkleyikirkley Posts: 21 Member
    If they decide to come out with era packs, I want a 70s/80s Moog or FM synth. But I can see why adding new instruments would be difficult. It has to be modeled, textured, animations have to be made to interact with it, you have to record the sounds that it makes. It's a cost/benefit thing for EA/Maxis.
    The easiest thing to do is to recycle instrument assets from older games. I'd love to have the electric guitar from the original The Sims. The recordings have already been done, so that would cut the cost.
    Just looked it up, the guitar was from the Livin' Large pack on the original Sims game. Bring back the Beejaphone Guitar!
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    Would really like to see drums in the game too. I was surprised they didn't add any cultural instruments in IL, especially percussion.
  • ItalStewItalStew Posts: 30 Member
    Djembe drum is really high on my list and would do wonders for my gameplay.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    ItalStew wrote: »
    Djembe drum is really high on my list and would do wonders for my gameplay.

I would love djembe drums in my game! 🎶

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: