Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Oasis Springs: Day Sixteen
    Interlude
    (The night before today’s post…..)
    06-14-21_7-44-52-pm.jpg
    06-14-21_7-45-09-pm.jpg
    06-14-21_7-46-09-pm.jpg
    06-14-21_7-46-47-pm.jpg
    06-14-21_7-48-18-pm.jpg
    06-14-21_7-49-22-pm.jpg

Just Another Day
    06-16-21_10-25-31-pm.jpg
    Brett tried to get some attention from his dad, but Bennie seemed uninterested. He had other things to do. Important things, apparently.
    06-16-21_10-31-42-pm.jpg
    Jaz was downstairs, clueless, eating popcorn. Brett decided that since Bennie was unavailable, and Marnie was cleaning (as usual), that he’s find some flour and paint and make a mess on the floor downstairs.
    06-16-21_10-35-41-pm.jpg
    The boys (Myles, Phoenix, and Myles’ best friend Max), were pretty much trying to ignore Bennie.. but it was definitely hard. Despite the fun of the game, it was apparent Bennie was trying to write a new comedy sketch. Only – this time, it seemed to be about his own family. Specifically, about Jaz trying (and failing) to “come out” as non-binary.
    06-16-21_10-36-06-pm.jpg
    The boys, feeling awkward, finished the game, and went to find something to eat – but said nothing to Bennie.
    06-16-21_10-38-19-pm.jpg
    By the time Jaz came upstairs, Bennie had gone to take a break, so Jaz never found out. Max thought about trying to warn Jaz, but – to be honest, he didn’t really know what non-binary was, and felt a bit scared about showing his ignorance. So he stayed quiet and went to find his friends.

Jaz, on the other hand, was done with homework, had enjoyed a bowl of tasty cheddar popcorn, and was playing with a pink dinosaur. They were having a great day. In fact, Jaz was on a high, really feeling confident about themselves and their new (if mostly secret) pronouns. Knowing what they were and WHO they were was a really comforting feeling, and even if everyone didn’t know yet, Jaz truly felt that things were finally going to work out for them… eventually.

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @permanentrose
    Very pretty Daily post pic of that waterfall in OS. So fun they went skating. Glad Ruby liked it after awhile and got better too. Fishing is always fun too, and kids/frogs just seem to go together. :) You're welcome about the aquarium idea! Hope Ruby enjoys it! Hello Lydia, Goodbye Lydia! :D

Thanks about that daily shot. :D She looks so bored though eh? Why they made the relax animation so bland and boring is beyond me. Yeah, I've done that with challenges that require full autonomy, put any bars in inventory, plus stereos. Especially a Retro one from GF that has a fun factor of 9! It was fun seeing what they'd do on their own. A bit eye-opening in some cases. I had no idea Servos were so...randy! LOL

I see you finally found the SV aspiration reward for defeating the Mother. Or did you get one from hidden objects? Emmett looks so like his Dad. Yeah, I've never been to a dinner party where people danced either. Good idea having the kids fulfill that part of the requirements. Glad Marin is helping out giving Jules ideas and suggestions. Looks like it was a very nice dinner party. Very realistic that Jules would be tired, I was at the beginning rather than later on when were having kids too.

Thanks, I love that dress. When I first saw it, I thought it was nice, but when I saw the back? Whoa! Gorgeous. She did look very elegant in my opinion too. Yes, Josh and Adam do look very similar, but they look very different when you see them close-up side-by-side. The suits are similar too, but Adam's has a vest and he has different shoes.

Veera is positively gorgeous! Essa will hopefully be nominated again. There's a chance with every gig. So far she's only been nominated for that song though. Starlight Accolades happen once a week on Sunday, that's it. So there really isn't lots of chances to win one since they can only get gigs once, maybe twice a week. They can be nominated for other funny things though that have nothing to do with a skill. ;)

Love that sword fight, looked very cool. Yeah, the passionate kiss is so over-the-top, it's hilarious! I love it though. The length of gigs depends on how many acts they have and how many other extra tasks they have to do and how quickly they do them. Some will last until early afternoon, some until around 6 p.m. or so in the evening. So I can't really give a definitive time for them, it varies. Yeah, I'm looking forward to the faces he makes since she's really bad at the moment. I'll probably turn my speakers off, at least for the first few levels. :D

@SoulGal7
    Wonderful party! I just love little Lucas, he's such a sweetheart and has such a crush on Sakura, it's cute! Love how he painted more pots for her to replace the others. Aww, so thoughtful! hehehe His ideas about kisses is adorable too! He may be right too! Why would you marry anyone if you didn't like their kisses? Perfect logic there little guy! ;) Mila and Clara did a great job in catering the party. So cool they might start their own catering business together. :)

Oh cool! Love how they will get married at the Von Haunt Estate, I've had a couple weddings there under the wedding arch at the back of the estate by the river. It's beautiful there. Maybe Mimsy will even play piano for them. ;) Yay! I knew Wolfgang would ask River to be his best man. Wonderful! Joaquin and Sergio walking Sakura down the aisle is wonderful too! Very cool Luna will be her Maid of Honor. :)

Essa looks good. I wonder why she wore her snow sports outfit though. It's a party Essa, you should be wearing your party outfit! :D Nice blast from the past seeing her look that way though. :) Very sweet of Sakura to give Wolfgang the little robot! And his gift to her of a photo of when they were teens is so sweet!

Oh boy, yeah, I wouldn't have stood for Kyoshi being the caterer either. And yeah, figured Kaori would be getting big by now. :)

LOVE their new house in DSV. Mid Century Modern/Retro is one of my favorite décor styles. It's gorgeous! Lots of room for them to enjoy themselves and perhaps have children there too. ;)

Great idea making their house be a rental. Easier to explain and leave behind next month. Cute how Wolfgang wanted to carry her over the threshold. He's such a big 'ol romantic at heart isn't he? ;) hehe That is funny Wolfgang autonomously flexed for Sakura before diving!

About Wolfgang's career choice. I think he picked the wrong Engineer career. If he wanted Mechanical Engineer with a degree, there would be a separate one that says Mechanical Engineer and has a little green icon on the 'Cog' icon. In the description, he would've seen some red text talking about how this is the branch for Sims with degrees. I think perhaps you didn't scroll down the list far enough? Take a look in the careers list again for him and see if there is one like I described.

If so, Wolfgang will have to quit the career he is in currently and join the other career to get the bonus and all the other perks for having a degree. Even though he did start at a higher level, I think this is the wrong Engineer career. I could be wrong, but I don't think so looking at what you're showing for him, there's no red text talking about having a degree for the position.

@Skeilah
    Great idea having Hana be their Nanny! I admit I laughed when I saw Bryon so angry and ranting at the media center for a Vlog. I don't blame him though!

Oh how fun using using a drone! I plan to use one somehow with Essa for that aspiration. Might get the one with the eyes though, the ball? He looks so dang cute! Congrats to Bryon on reaching the 3 Star B-Lister fame!

Oh Wow, woo hoo scandal! Clever using that pop up as an excuse for Bryon to quit his job and for the other one to get him into acting! Bravo! :) Was the lady who called about having a baby or not someone Bryon knows? Oh wait, is that the alien Dr.? Congrats on Bryon passing his audition. He's on his way! I'm excited to see this gig, haven't had Essa take it yet. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Gosh Bendy must've kissed Frank at least half a dozen times! To be fair, they are newlyweds. :) There are romantic idle animations? I had no idea. I thought she was flirting with him, certainly looked like it the way she blew him a kiss. Oh well, either way, I'm just glad they have no pink in their romance bars. :) Does that Mod nuke ALL idle animations or just the flirty one?

Thanks for the tip about the Mod, I think I'll just add the chairs and take away Adam's star treatment perk for now though. Essa will hopefully only need to attend one more, maybe two. I hope. o.O Ohh, see, something else I didn't know, about the fans getting in. Thanks!

Hopefully next time she'll win. :)

HAHA! There's Mr. Grumpy face again! Naturally those don't count, why, I have no idea. A lot doesn't make sense in this game. Love the pic of Melody standing there with her belly sticking out and hand over her mouth. She looks so shocked! :D Absolutely love that Malcom already knew because he called Melody's Mom! And I really got a kick out of his huge boobs statement. HAHA Such a guy! Cute Melody giggling at the end too. :)

Gorgeous Daily pic! Love it! Aww Melody, that outfit is really cute on you. Trust me, you'll love it, so much more comfortable than that other outfit, as cute as it was. Ewwww! Gah, cravings, they make those in the family way eat such strange things. :D Essa! Not nice stealing Melody's thunder like that! At least Jasper was nice enough to tip Melody right away. hehe No wonder they were thinking about her, thinking about how awful she sounded! :D You're right she is Level 10 in both violin and guitar. I guess Jasper was the smart one in this case as well. Can't wait to find out what their little trip is all about. :)
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Karababy52
    Aww, I feel a little sad for Essa that she didn't get to win anything. I went to the Starlight Accolades once, that was back with Oliver Ridley (my DJ-sim and Jess' father). Oliver also didn't win anything :c Next time better, Essa!! I'm positive she'll win eventually. Love Josh's support.

Ohh, that movie Essa is playing in looks nice! I mean, they get to fight! Pew pew pew pew!! Come on Essa!! Yippee!! She won! Although it's all scripted and stuff, still rooting, haha! The kissing scenes are hilarious actually. I did a romantic scene in one of the plays I'm about to post after this, and I laughed so hard! Lol, I know what you mean with 'no autonomy should mean exactly that, but it doesn't'. I've been running after Bryon so much because he wants to play dolls with the twins, but noooo you have celebrity stuff to do! I mean, I get it. He misses playtime with his kids... But I'm a strict Watcher.

I love the drone! Only thing is that for me, it runs out of battery rather fast, but maybe thats just me, haha. Has the one with the ball the same functionalities? Never looked into it... The lady who called about having a baby is indeed the alien doctor!! She's mostly in disguise now. I checked on her and indeed, there's a baby now! I guess they just skip pregnancy and poof, baby is there, when that happens. She wasn't pregnant. There was just a baby. :') It was so weird. The audition Bryon did was the only one he has to do. Bryon has the perk to skip auditions now. Gotta love being a celebrity. Hehe!

@permanentrose
    Ahhh, getting some aspirations done. Always a good thing to do! Pickle still so cute <3 Too bad Kristine is just a side-character in my game or else Ruby would also be all over the place, lol. I mean, Ruby is probably visiting Kristine almost everyday and visa versa, but it's a little bummer nobody gets to see it because they live somewhere else :') I enjoy seeing them together in your story!

Lol, the parents are elders? You can't even see that :') Or they just look super good as elders, also a possibility. It's probably your skin overlay making them look so good, right? Marin is all for the wedding, haha! Moms gotta mom.

Dinner looks great! And after dinner, it's time to tell Emmet's parents the big news! I loved seeing those happy faces.

Get some rest, love birds.you're going through a busy time now!

The no-show nanny was annoying, but now that I think of it, I played that day back when I also had those Eliza-troubles, so maybe this is all related. I should try again soon, maybe the no-show nanny will show up after all :") I do like the realism of both Naoki and Bryon getting drowned in their work like a lot of people are in real life too. I'm so happy they have Hana walking around there now. By the time that baby is a toddler, the twins will be kids, but I guess they can learn the little toddler some things ^^

@SoulGal7
    That house looks amazing! For real, if I had the money, I would live there too hahahaha. Sakura and Wolfgang are so cuteeee. Wolfgang, you forgot to take out your slippers before jumping in the pool ;p Yup, give them some privacy indeed! Congrats on Sakura for already becoming a notable newcomer!

About the work bonus - I guess you're referring to the degree Wolfgang did? I actually had the option for Bryon at the time to get him into the Computer Engineer branch when I selected the career, and after I did that, I got the bonus for Bryon. Idk if there's also the same option for Mechanical Engineer, but I guess it has to be?

@Ellupelluellu
    What are you planning to do in manage households? Delete him? :') Haha, time for Malcolm to learn cooking! Congrats on Melody getting pregnant! Hahahahhaah Malcolm is hilarious :')

Like the new dress you gave Melody!

@sassytxbrat
    Is that the Star Wars Pack right there? It's one of the only ones I don't have, hahaha! Well, at least I get to see some of it now, since I'm not planning on buying that pack.

@IllusoryThrall
    That interlude is giving me confusion, lol. But it also has me on the tip of my seat. I wanna know more!

Aw, I feel so sad for Jaz, that their own dad makes fun of them. Now I can finally practice my they/them pronounces lol. I still have a 'hard' time with it, aka I forget it sometimes without really wanting to forget, just because I'm not used to them, but I'm really trying!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    June 14
    UDJK3YM.png

Bryons Diary
    (Bryon) “Ahhh, the weather is nice today. Not too cold, not too warm.”

j67IvsF.png
    (Bryon) “Let’s prep for tomorrow’s gig!”
    (Fan) “Bryon Saito!! I can’t believe I bumped into you right here! I love your vlogs!! And I love your crooked guitar too! Only you can pull off something like that!”
    (Bryon) “Well well, thank you very much. Here’s a song for you played with my crooked guitar.”

YJ6cNAp.png
    Slowly, more and more people started to gather around me.

4ZHwkYU.png
    And when I stopped playing, one of the fans even fainted. Whoa, I guess I am really popular right now…

55DA4Xh.png
    I went inside to play some more and bumped into someone I slightly recognised… Oliver Ridley? Yeah, that's Jess' father for sure!

(Oliver) “So so. You’re walking the celebrity road too?”
    (Bryon) “Hi, Mr. Ridley. I guess I am going that way, indeed. How are you?”
    (Oliver) “Still one of the best DJ’s around, of course! Jess and your brother recently came over for dinner. It’s nice to see my only daughter so happy. Anyways... Keep up the good work!”

o9errIw.png
    Oliver introduced me to some other people. He called it ‘good connections’.

(Marcus) “I can’t believe you guys actually know each other! The world is small, isn’t it?”

We laughed. Yeah, the world indeed is small.
    June 15
    7pYJj8W.png

Bryons Diary
    My first day as an ‘actor’. I can’t believe that I’m standing here, but I really am.

GKahR43.png
    As I walked inside, my expression got even more surprised. It’s so big in here…

(Judith) “Not to interfere your dreams, but you’re only doing an advertisement on that guitar right over there.”
    (Bryon) “I only have to play a bit, right?”
    (Judith) “And advertise the guitar… And sing. You better practice a bit before going on-stage.”
    (Bryon) “What?!”

The agency didn’t tell anything about advertising and singing! Ohhhhh, they’re dead meat when I’m done…

7jLap7T.png
    Judith left me in this room. Some other woman was practicing some lines.

(Bryon) “Hello there. What are you practicing for?”

uKiqUJz.png
    (Woman) “Ah, I’m practicing a drama-scene for the short-movie that’s shot after this advertisement. I guess you are the one doing the advertisement?”
    (Bryon) “Well, guess I am, hahaha—!”
    (Woman) “Good luck. You’ll do great!”

We both practiced for a while.

OjlP4yX.png
    But then...

(Director) “Bryon Saito? Are you in here—?”
    (Bryon) “Yes. What’s up?”
    (Director) “The shoot will start soon. Please get ready.”
    (Bryon) “Ah, yes.”

9n8yuDi.png
    (Woman) “Do your best!!”

ofqQLmO.png
    The stage was a little frightening for sure. I thought I only had to play the guitar, but now I also have to say some lines and sing…

r3w8EH1.png
    For some reason, advertising a guitar isn’t as difficult as I thought…

LszGt25.png
    And I knew this guitar play by heart now…

vNVBiEZ.png
    Even the singing-part didn’t seem to be a problem.

tBfzLNF.png
    (Crew member) “It’s a wrap!!”

LCuXStq.png
    (Director) “Awesome!! Just awesome!”

WJeDaXh.png
    I got paid pretty well, and was told that the agency would call me soon. Right, I told myself that agency would be dead meat... But I actually enjoyed it. What should I do now?

gn1ywvN.png
    I only just arrived home, and there was the incoming call. I totally forgot about the dead meat part as soon as I heard that voice. The guy on the other side of the phone was just so happy.

(Agency) “Bryon!! You did amazing back there!!”
    (Bryon) “Hehe, thank you. I thought for sure this wouldn’t be my thing, but I actually enjoyed it.”
    (Agency) “That’s great to hear! I actually have something else for you already! You’ll get to work together with Judith!”
    (Bryon) “Can I have a say in this?”
    (Agency) “Actually, you can’t!! But no worries, you’ll like this for sure. Judith and the other actors are on their way to your home.”
    (Bryon) “Wait, what—?”

Call ended.

(Bryon) “This agency…”

And now I regret my decision of not calling out to them. Dead meat, I tell you!!

Vm5Gabn.png
    Soon enough, Judith and another guy stood in front of my house. Judith really is popular...

(Bryon) “Ah… Please, come in…”

KayrywY.png
    A third actor also made his appearance later on. A guy named Duane. Well, at least he seems chill... Can't say that about the almost-bald guy who just stole my computer... I can't even remember his name.

PpJKajQ.png
    We went over our parts together. We’re supposed to play… A gay couple…? Oh boy.

(Duane) “Let’s continue outside! It’s such good weather, we shouldn’t let it go to waste!!”

B2cruMh.png
    (Bryon) “Sooo… I guess we’re now at the romantic scene?”
    (Duane) “We are indeed. Okay, give it your all!”

kEb7Syb.png
    I don’t know if it’s a good or a bad thing that I’m actually a gay person and I now have to play a part that looks exactly like me. At least I gave it my all.

(Duane) “Whoa!!”

For once I'm happy that Naoki is also drowning in work right now, and not at home for the moment. I don’t know what he would think of this with that jealous trait of his, although it’s just a scene.

D3mKt1x.png
    Judith seemed to enjoy the scene.

(Judith) “I have to say, nicely done. Smooth.”

VhhNj8D.png
    Even Bryon’s flirty moodlet called it smooth.

C5wXo0c.png
    (Duane) “Oh, you okay?!”
    (Bryon) “I think I gave too much… Maybe we should take a break…”

JUQFcGV.png
    (Duane) “I think we did enough for today. Thanks for having us over!!”

Behind the scenes
    17IpCn7.png
    I gave Bryon the ‘giving back’ perk, which means Bryon can donate objects to fans in exchange for fame.

0tacdCb.png
    I then noticed that Bryon could donate his mirror. That gave me an idea.

WEkToHy.png
    I placed 30 mirrors in the backyard and ‘organised’ a give-away. Of course, it’s not a real give-away, but lets just pretend Bryon is about to make 30 of his fans super happy!!

RlIYwup.png
    It was already dark when Bryon finally donated all of the mirrors to his fans, but it was so worth it.

q9UtZ7Z.png
    We’re close to becoming a 4-star celebrity!!
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    @Skeilah Yes that is the Star Wars pack. It doesn't really integrate into normal game play but is fun to do something different. And the first time I have played it through end to end.
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited June 2021
    Update 167 - Promotion

RMPpuT6.jpg
    Emmett came home from work on Monday excited to announce that he had earned a promotion!
    5pS8qjt.jpg

Jules shared his excitement with him.
    lfXb6F0.jpg

Since Emmett had earned some extra days off, he suggested that they take another trip to the jungle with his new vacation days, and now seemed like a great time before Jules got too pregnant to easily enjoy the jungle. Jules had also started getting authentification requests because of her archeological knowledge, and she had several relics and artifacts she needed to bring back to the museum, so now seemed like a good a time as any to make their way back to Selvadorada. Emmett also comes home super tense most days from his job, so he really would benefit from a vacation too :)

Meanwhile, Ruby worked on her social aspiration by inviting several friends over for a playdate, Theo included since we haven't seen him in a long time. The other boy is one of the kids from a family I created. His name is Zane Ripley and he is actually an alien :) And the girl is just a random girl Ruby met at school named Pilar - @Skeilah I thought you would appreciate her pink hair :)
    mvI0Tou.jpg

And poor Emmett really was just so tense from work and his fun need was so depleted so we had to remedy that quick ;) Also it was the perfect way to celebrate Emmett's promotion, AND I stumbled upon a new woohoo option since it was the first day of fall and this leaf pile conveniently spawned near their backyard :)
    yoDLYov.jpg
    edsu7uj.jpg
    8HNjNdn.jpg
    CCBbbR6.jpg

Jules' look basically says, "I admire him for finding so many fun woohoo locations. I hope he never changes." :D
    muikIeU.jpg

--
    This update is short since I got a bit frustrated since Ruby's social aspiration was glitching. I got her friendship bar nearly full with Zane during this visit and it was still saying they were only acquaintances. I saved and exited the game to see if that would help and when I went back in game, they were indeed friends, but it wouldn't register for the milestone of her social aspiration. So finally I just called it a day and decided to embrace a short update.
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Ellupelluellu -
    I haven't commented on a few chapters as I am behind in my comments, but had to comment on your BIG news and BIG belly! lol Congrats! Nooboo on the way! Oh my gosh! Malcolm can only think of her boobs being large! hehehehe And he already knew she was preggers because he talked to her Mom. Way to spoil the fun, there dude! hehehe
    edited June 2021
    Mia Patina
    June 17
    Week 7 Friday

2021-06-12-07_39_29-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    Post edited by sassytxbrat on
    ~Teresa~
    edited June 2021
    @Karababy52 @Skeilah - Thanks for the feedback on the career, and I think it is when Wolfgang goes into the Mechanical Engineer branch that he will get the aspiration completed. Although, he did graduate with Honors, since he got an A+ GPA. Anyway, will just go with the flow on this one. It might take him awhile. I have never played the Engineer career before, but I wanted to have him work from home, and this career has that option.

Physics:
    With Honors (>3.9 GPA)
    Astronaut Career: Space Ranger Branch Level 8
    Engineer Career: Mechanical Engineer Branch Level 8
    Scientist Branch Level 8

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Okay, what I did was look at the jobs on the phone, and I saw that he could choose Space Ranger, so what I did, was have him quit the Engineer position, and get the Space Ranger job - just to complete this aspiration. Then he quit that and went back to Mechanical Engineering - which was now listed on the phone for jobs. Sheesh! You only get one sign-on bonus, though.

I guess the ones that have branches associated with them, are tricky, and you have to look for the branch for the degree. Since I have never put a sim through uni, I didn't know it would have two options. One for Astronaut, and then the one for the degree - Space Ranger. Good to know. He got a $4,523 signing bonus! Woot!

So, he's now set and has now completed the Academic Aspiration.

space-ranger-to-complete-aspiration.png

SPACE-RANGER-CAREER-WOLF.png

space-ranger-signing-bonus.png

ACADEMIC-ASP-COMPETED-WOLF-MON.png

MECHANICAL-ENGINEER-CAREER.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member

@permanentrose ,
    Haha, I found it hilarious that she had to "tell the big news" with her belly grown :D And I have her pregnancy on pause, 3 days is a bit too short, as she has aspirations to take care too :) I think I use 6 days :)
    -- Sorry you had problems with game :( Anyway, great pictures of that leaf pile woohoo :D And congrats to Emmett cause of promotion :)
    @Karababy52 ,
    Oh yes there are lots of flirty idle anims.. I forgot to add the mod at first after I patched, and Melody was always flirty mood , it looked like she was flirting with BBQ! And to everyone in lounge! She was not flirting, but it looked like she was in love with everyone, lol. That one I use is for flirty and funny idleanims. There is more, but I'll wait till EP before adding more :)

--Essa looks so elegant in that movie set. She has to be a very good actress, to kiss that weird beard dude and make it look real :D Haha I am not a fan of that beard :p In my game she won that "tight pants" award :D

@Skeilah ,
    haha, no, not delete, but move him back with his parents :D

-- haha, fainting Nina :p I am confused, when he is outside of that lounge and went inside, did he switched the world too? :D As to me it looks like Kabooze from inside :) Sorry if I missed something and I am asking dummy question :D

@SoulGal7 ,
    LOL, thanks :smiley: The boobs comment came right to my mind when I saw that the furrjacket makes those even larger :p

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    Melody Connors, and Malcolm.

Day 9 , June

KV8ZzGd.png
    It's the Millennium Falcon, not a cow..
    8IUjvCt.png
    Malcolm got the promotion, and called a cab for them.
    j3IEyC0.png
    Some time later they arrived in familiar place.
    Melody: "But why are we here? I don't get this.."
    Malcolm: "There is a good reason, I was thinking, while we are here, we should listen to that dude you planted the bug.. It deactivates it. Just in case he finds it."
    Melody: "Oh, okay, sounds cool..."
    She sounded a bit disappointed.
    1DghVpn.png
    TmNhmtg.png
    When they got in, both were glad they do not live there anymore, but as always Malcolm had to be more dramatic about it.

TkjeSb6.png
    Melody listed to the record of that dude at DSV.. It was about doing laundry.
    Melody: "I didn't like this then, and sure do not like it now. Hey! Here is other recording too, it's yours?"
    Malcolm: "OH! Ahh.. no, it is not important , maybe I dropped it down at somewhere , where was lost of sims near.. About the other reason.."
    Melody: "No, this is yours, it has something in it, just listen it."
    Malcolm: Maybe next time.. we should go now.."
    Melody: "What are you hiding?"
    H7gacXq.png
    Malcolm: "Okay, then.."
    Took some time.. but then they heard dark, very familiar voice:
    "So, trying to eavesdrop me now, kiddo??!!"
    XNQv9Yn.png
    Melody: "Tell me you did not!!!???"
    2vE4oDY.png
    Melody: "Tell me you did not put that thin in back of my DAD??!!"
    Malcolm: "Sorry, I was panicking!"
    ceGfOqq.jpg
    It is in Finn, but you get the point :p It was a pain to take pictures at Melody's home, as that bug animation showed up all the time in Gregs back or chest, why he is only in few pics :smiley:

jB32n3K.png
    Melody: "This is your version of romantic road trip!?? And what is that horrible noise outside?? Did you activated that rocket?? "
    Malcolm: "I wanted us to travel some place far.."
    aZ8VxpU.png
    Melody: "I cannot travel with that ... thing! Not when pregnant anyway! Too dangerous! And Sixam? I told you about that weird dude! If I show up there now, he will think the baby is his! Believe me he was THAT weird!"
    2c1h4dp.png
    Melody: "I need to get out of here! Let's go."
    Malcolm: "Sweetie, calm down.. I know you do not want to go to Sixam, and I know it is too dangerous with that rocket."
    Melody: "What you had in your mind then? How far?"
    Malcolm: "I was thinking a place far, far away.. and that noise was our lift.. Indeed, let's go."
    Melody: "But... what..?"
    wCE4Cio.png
    Malcolm: "Here is our lift!"
    Melody: "..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    KV8ZzGd.png
    Melody: "HOLY COW!!!"
    Malcolm: "It's the Millennium Falcon, not a cow.."
    Melody: "Silly, I know!"
    pI6CahX.png
    Nicely parked, if I may say so :joy:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Mia is up on the gallery as a young adult now if anyone wants to grab her. :)
    ~Teresa~
    June - Day 17: "The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is practice!"

zvXM4p5.png

Notes
    g63zuFk.png
    Essa had a few other tasks she needed to do before her next gig. One of which was to practice romantic scenes. She'd done a couple already during gigs, which went well. She was no stranger in the art of romance since she loved and lived with the most romantic guy in the world in her opinion. But it never hurt to practice anyway. Josh was always game for such things since it put them both in a flirty mood.

"When I close my eyes, all I see is you."

QZl2uzL.png
    "When you look at me, your eyes shine as if there were a thousand stars burning inside! I hope my eyes, too, tell you how much I love you."

WBtloWk.png
    "If I could wish for one thing right now, I would wish for your lips to touch mine, without a question, without a sound."

XLSv8wj.png
    "Whoa! Careful Beautiful, don't drop me!"
    "I will never let you go, you're mine and I'm yours, forever."

G3n7hIZ.png

yxH4rf9.png
    "Oh man, my back! You're a lot heavier than the guys on the set."
    "Did you just call me fat?"

elTfzZ5.png
    Back inside, Essa practiced singing with Josh standing by for encouragement. He has a reward trait to mentor others in most any skills he's reached Level 10. Unfortunately, singing is one of a few skills Sims can't mentor others. Ah well...
    Essa was Level 1 when she began singing a selection of simple songs. Anyone who has ever listened to a Sim sing at this level knows how truly bad it sounds. I could and did turn off my speakers, but Josh didn't have that luxury.

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star. How I wonder what you are."

7ELqqSY.png
    (Oh boy, she's terrible.)
    (She'll get better, with practice.)
    (My poor ears.)

ip6994U.png
    "That bad huh?"

0rKNAwJ.png
    (Gah, tell the truth or lie?)
    "Uh, could be better. Just keep practicing and you'll be singing like Adam in no time."
    (Seriously Josh? She's not going to believe that.)

"Ha! Not in a million years!"
    (See?)

YUN9I3o.png
    "Up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky."

YXjidVS.png
    (Oh Beautiful, there's so many things you're good at, singing just isn't one of them.)
    (At least not yet.)

wMGVX7H.png
    Essa kept singing and singing for what seemed like hours until she finally started to sound a little better.

d87itp0.png
    (Wow, I guess there really is nothing she can't do once she puts her mind to doing it.)

OikhZL2.png
    "Bravo Beautiful! You're actually starting to sound pretty good!"

6L5FkPz.png
    "Thanks! I think I'll keep practicing though, try to be the best I can be before the gig tomorrow. Hey, Josh?"
    "Yeah?"
    "That paparazzi guy is on the porch peeking in the window."
    "Again? I'll take care of him."

JprNyTx.png
    "Hey Dude, what's the deal? Essa's fair game in public, but this is our home. You can't just go around peeking in windows like that. There's a law against that kind of thing. I'll give you a break though and won't call the cops if you--"

pu2YlGH.png
    "If I what? Streak again? No way Man, you're just as crazy as she is. I'm not ever doing that again."
    "Calm down Dude, I was going to say if you leave now."

l4PBjMr.png
    "Just go Fred, leave and don't come back."

sS27BLj.png
    "What if I don't want to, what are you going to do about it, huh? Beat me up? I can take you with my eyes closed."

"Listen to me carefully Dude. This is the only warning you're going to get. See these dog tags? They're real, not just to look cool. I'm a Grand Marshall, in the top tier of the military. I didn't get there by sitting behind a desk pushing papers. I've taught hand-to-hand combat and been in wars where I killed the enemy with my bare hands. Still think you can take me?"

mibLvCI.png
    "Okay, okay, I'm leaving."
    "Yeah, that's what I thought."

759eA9s.png
    Lastly for this update, Frank and Bendy moved out to their own home in Oasis Springs. Essa and Josh gifted them 150K to get started. Though it's a bit farther away than any of them would like, they chose Oasis Springs because it rains so little there. Frank has joined the Entertainer career with hopes and dreams of becoming a world famous Comedian. Bendy will stay at home and create her own line of robotic items to sell online.

OQtYFLT.png
    Here's the ground floor. It's very minimally designed, especially built for Servos. However, there is a small kitchen and bathroom for whenever Essa and Josh come to visit.

FInenf0.png
    On the second floor it contains a Robotics station, a couple computers, microscope, media station, and a selection of drones and robot toys. There's also a small bedroom with a sleep pod. Servos don't 'sleep' in beds, but they can woo hoo in there and we all know how much they love to do that. In fact, I added a closet just for their pleasure.

I didn't build this, I found it on the Gallery, I believe it's called 'Robot House.' In addition to the closet, the only thing I changed was to remove a lot of overhead lights. There were SO many it was blindingly bright white in the house. I also added some curtains in the bathroom to cover a wall of glass windows for privacy. That's it. Essa and Josh will visit them from time to time and I'll be checking in on them too. :)

Comments and replies coming up soon! Hope y'all had a fanfreakintastic day! <3
    @IllusoryThrall
    Uh oh, it looks like Benji and his crew are up to no good...and so sad that Jaz's dad is using their gender revelation for comedy material :( At least Jaz didn't hear him...yet. It will break their heart for sure, but I'm glad they are feeling confident and proud right now. Maybe their family's bullying won't hurt so bad when they remind themselves that they are proud of who they are. I kind of wish Max had done the right thing and warned them...but then again, he is an evil little sim lol so being nice and thoughtful isn't his strong suit

@Karababy52
    So OS is definitely not as detailed as some of the new worlds with the scenery, but I've found that from the right angle or in the right places, I can still get some gorgeous screenshots. It just really is a bit bare in comparison to other worlds though, especially on the edges.

I got the SV trophy from the hidden objects cheat. I did check Theresa and George's inventory, and when it wasn't there, I figured my game had just glitched...there were a few other inventories I could have checked, since I did move a handful of sims in with Jules for that final battle, but at that point it just didn't seem worth the hassle to try to get it from one of their inventories if it did end up there so I took the easy way out :)

And yes, I really did notice too for the first time in these photos how much Emmett really does look like his dad! The acting career does seem like a lot of fun, especially since there's so many different sets. Even with the active careers in the GTW, they're all just the same place day after day, as you know, so it would be even more fun to play an active career that's more dynamic like the acting one. It's the only thing really tempting me about that pack. Maybe one day I'll get it :)

That's nice that she can practice her romantic scenes with Josh <3 And there's another passionate kiss with Essa leading, love it! And poor Josh, remind him that muscle weighs more than fat haha, that's why he's heavier ;) Oh that's a bummer he can't mentor her for singing. He can still provide moral support though - even through the pain of listening to the beginning stages of a sim learning to sing haha. It makes me wonder what level of singing Jules has. Probably pretty low, since I've never intentionally worked on it. Annnddd Fred is back. Do fans/paparazzi just show up all the time?? I mean, I guess even in a game without fame, there's random people showing up on your doorstep all the time anyway haha. At least they usually just stand there for a few minutes and leave though.

And what a perfect home for Frank and Bendy! I love your reasoning for putting them in Oasis Springs too, and that's really nice that you have the funds to gift them that home. Jules and Emmett still need to work on getting some better savings haha. It will be nice to see Josh and Essa visit Frank and Bendy eventually too :)

@Skeilah
    Emmett's parents skin overlays are definitely helping them look younger haha. And I didn't give them grey hair yet since I didn't want them to be too old just yet. I will eventually make them look older and maybe even take away their skin overlays. I just didn't want them to be adults when Jules and Emmett aged up to adults so I decided just to age them up now.

I love Ruby and Kristine's friendship too <3 They'll keep showing up enough in my game so you can enjoy them there. Kristine just invites herself over all the time haha.

I love Bryon playing that guitar Johnny got him haha. So cute, and great for him to practice with the guitar he already had, and it looks like he's getting some tips even though I don't know how that guitar is even staying together :D Fun that Oliver showed up too!

And what a cool set in your next update! I like seeing this active acting career in all your games this month, so cool. Bryon really did a great job too! And wow, getting in with Judith already! He's a natural. I think my favorite part of this update though was when Judith cleaned your potty chair :D

Well, the Duane stuff was pretty great too haha. I actually think it's great that Bryon is playing a gay role. In in real life, people like to see gay roles in TV and movies played by actual gay people and not just give the role to another straight actor, so it's good representation actually :)

I also appreciated the mirror giveaway, such a great little hack HAHA

@sassytxbrat
    Sorry I forgot to reply to your post yesterday! I love that Mia called home, that was a super cute detail <3 And I couldn't get your blog to load (might be my bad internet connection) for your post for today, but your daily shot was cute <3 Thanks for uploading Mia to the gallery too - I might snag your version of her and replace her just since she'll be a little more accurate than my aged up version.

@Ellupelluellu
    I just had to laugh at Malcolm this update. He's trying so hard but that little trip was not really the fun little romantic getaway Melody probably was hoping for HAHA. And man, he's just a moody as a teen with the parenthood pack LOL. I can't believe he bugged Melody's dad SO FUNNY. Well, it's good they can take the Millennium Falcon since pregnant sims cannot ride in spaceships HAHA. And that line about it not being a cow :D This was just such a fun update, I love your dialogue with these two. And yes, great park job :D Have fun at Batuu, you two :)

Oasis Springs: Day Seventeen - The Promise and the Tip-Off
    06-17-21_7-21-47-pm.jpg
    (Long post, but I promise it's worth it.)
    Jaz walked into the living room, and nearly dropped the load of plates they were carrying. For a moment, they just stared at their father in shock, and moved out of the way as Marnie walked past, chuckling at the “joke” Bennie was practicing.
    06-17-21_7-21-56-pm-2.jpg
    It only took those moments for the rage and hurt to rise to the surface, and Jaz took a deep breath and yelled at Bennie to stop. “Stop – RIGHT NOW.”
    06-17-21_7-21-58-pm.jpg
    In shock, Bennie stopped, and just held the microphone for a moment.

Jaz continued, “I can’t believe you. Dad, this is ME you’re poking fun at. And my coming out isn’t funny. It’s not a joke!” Jaz took another deep breath and tried very hard not to burst into angry and hurt tears.
    06-17-21_7-21-58-pm-2.jpg
    “It was funny as heck!” Bennie replied, confused at Jaz’s apparent anger.

“No, Dad. It’s really not. It hurts. Promise me you will stop practicing that routine. Promise me you’ll never perform it.” Jaz wiped a stray tear away from their cheek, and Bennie sobered up almost instantly.
    06-17-21_7-22-00-pm.jpg
    He couldn’t see why Jaz was so upset – but he realized that he may have crossed a line he didn’t fully understand. Moving to put away the microphone, he nodded. He wasn’t about to say sorry, because he didn’t know what he’d done wrong, but maybe he could placate his daughter. “Fine. I won’t.”

“You promise??” Jaz asked sharply, wiping away more tears.

“Okay, Jazmyn. I promise.” Bennie replied, and watched Jaz pick up the dishes she had been cleaning up, and take them into the kitchen.

Slightly bewildered – he hadn’t seen Jaz that emotional – maybe ever… (and he didn’t deal well with emotional females) … and very confused as to what exactly he’d done wrong, Bennie sighed and left the room. He felt terribly disappointed that what he regarded as the best comedy sketch he’d ever written now apparently had to be scrapped. He needed new material – and fast. But, after Jaz’s emotional plea, he wisely dismissed the idea of using Jaz in any more routines.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Marnie and Myles packed up to go to the Geek club meeting, both looking forward to seeing friendly faces. Marnie couldn’t wait to tell her friend Bella about the coming baby, and Myles was looking forward to doing some Voidcritter training and fighting against Alexander’s critters. Both had completely forgotten about Jaz’s issues, and were more focused on their own cares.

Upon arrival at the Library, Marnie joined Bella at the chess board… and immediately noticed that Bella didn’t have her usual smile.
    06-17-21_7-27-21-pm.jpg
    “What’s wrong, Bella?” Marnie asked, worried about her friend.
    06-17-21_7-25-29-pm.jpg
    “We were burglarized. The kids were at friends’ houses, and Mortimer and I were out on the town. We came home to find the house ransacked, and so many valuable things missing. The alarm wasn’t even going off!” Bella confessed in a low voice, looking to see who might be nearby to overhear. “We called the police right away, and they contacted the alarm company, but nothing appears to be wrong with the alarm. The burglars got so much. They even took Cassandra’s prize violin!” Bella promptly burst into tears, and dropped her head into her hands.
    06-17-21_7-28-25-pm.jpg
    Marnie looked at her new friend in shock, wondering what to say. “I’m.. sorry, Bella.” She paused, considering the information she’d been given. “Did you maybe forget to set the alarm when you left?”
    06-17-21_7-24-35-pm.jpg
    Bella stopped crying, and considered this for a moment. “No, I’m very sure Mortimer set it. I watched him do it right in front of me. The company apologized, but they have no idea what could have happened, and they’ll have to investigate. The worst part is that violin. It’s priceless, and a family heirloom. If the police can’t find it, there’s no way it can be replaced. Cassandra is beside herself.”
    06-17-21_7-24-45-pm.jpg
    “That’s horrible!” Marnie said, feeling really bad for her friend and her daughter. “What did the police say?”
    06-17-21_7-28-09-pm.jpg
    “The detective, Scott, was extremely sorry about the whole situation, but apparently there have been a rash of burglaries all over the place lately. They’re working with other police departments, trying to figure out if they’re all connected. Most have been smaller incidents, but he did say that the Landgraabs had a major break-in while they were gone on Winterfest vacation. They came home to find all their electronics were gone, and the alarm company had never gotten a single alert the whole time.” Bella replied, wiping away tears, and glancing around to see who might have noticed her uncontrolled emotions.
    06-17-21_7-25-41-pm.jpg
    “Winterfest, huh?” Marnie said, her mind reeling. She looked away, wondering if she ought to say something about Benji’s sudden influx of cash around that same time. She didn’t want to involve her son, but it wouldn’t be the first time he’d stolen something. It would, however, be the first time it was something big – that is, if he were involved. She shook her head and Bella kept talking, but Marnie wasn’t able to listen. Benji certainly had had a lot of money available to make that Winterfest possible, and he hadn’t exactly said where he’d gotten it. Feeling guilty for ignoring her friend, Marnie looked back up and tried to pay attention.
    06-17-21_7-27-10-pm.jpg
    “We don’t know what to do. The police are not hopeful that they’ll be able to find any of what was stolen.. and a violin like that would be easily sold on the black market, apparently. We will likely never see it again.” Bella continued, looking morosely at her friend. “I don’t know why someone would DO this?!”
    06-17-21_7-30-20-pm.jpg
    Marnie swallowed. Her friend needed her. It had been so long since Marnie had had a friend who actually needed support from her, and she truly wanted to help. But the thought of giving up her own son.. that hurt. Trying to decide between her new friend and her son, Marnie tuned out the next couple minutes of dialogue. Finally, she couldn’t take it anymore.
    06-17-21_7-24-58-pm.jpg
    “You know, Bella..” Marnie broke into her friend’s miserable monologue, “Benji came into a lot of cash around Winterfest. He wouldn’t say where he got it, and he has been known to steal. Maybe I could ask him about your robbery. Perhaps, if he were involved, we could at least get back your violin?” Marnie smiled, as if she’d just come up with the best solution in the world.
    06-17-21_7-24-02-pm.jpg
    Bella looked at her in utter astonishment. “You think just getting back the violin would be enough?? No way, we’re prosecuting whoever did this to the full extent of the law!!”
    06-17-21_7-29-16-pm.jpg
    Marnie’s jaw dropped for a moment. She hadn’t thought things through, apparently. Suddenly, she realized that she could very well have just gotten her own son into a huge amount of trouble. “No, if it was Benji, I’m sure he didn’t mean any harm!!” she exclaimed, worried. “If he could just return the things, it’s no harm done, right??”
    06-17-21_7-24-27-pm.jpg
    Bella shook her head, and gave Marnie an accusing look. “You’re naïve if you think that would solve the problem.” She stood up, and called to her son. “Alexander! We must go! Now!”

Alexander looked up from his science table, and immediately ran to grab his coat and follow his mother out the door. He looked apologetically at his club friends, but clearly his mother’s distress was more important than taking a moment to say goodbye.
    06-17-21_7-26-17-pm.jpg
    Myles looked up from his very interesting book on Vampire Lore, surprised by the sudden departure. Seeing the stricken look on his mother’s face, he rushed to her side to give her a hug. “What’s wrong, Mom? Are you okay?”

“I think.. I messed up.” Marnie said absently, but then refused to say anything else about the matter. “We should go home…”

Obediently, Myles ran to get their coats, and say goodbye to his friends.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    06-17-21_7-44-47-pm.jpg
    It was a miracle that the police chief was still at the station when Bella Goth stormed through the front doors, demanding to see the officer in charge.
    06-17-21_7-46-22-pm.jpg
    “Mrs. Goth! What a surprise! What can I do for you??” Police Chief, Scott Barrier asked pleasantly.

“I must talk with you. I have a possible lead on our case!” Bella said, urgently, looking around the empty waiting room nervously.

“Certainly, Mrs. Goth, Lets go to my office?” Scott replied. standing up to lead her towards the gate by the reception desk.
    06-17-21_7-53-24-pm.jpg
    She followed obediently, and took a seat in front of his impressive desk. “My friend Marnie Malone mentioned something tonight that I knew you needed to know about. Apparently her son, who has a history of stealing, came into a large amount of money around Winterfest…”
    06-17-21_7-54-21-pm.jpg
    “Oh? Really? … What’s her son’s name?” the chief asked, shuffling some papers on his desk as if looking for something.

“Benji Malone. He just recently moved to San Myshuno after graduating high school..” Bella said, trying to hide how very upset she was.

“Benji, huh?” Finding the file folder he’d apparently been looking for, Scott pulled out a paper and wrote down some notes. “I very much appreciate your tip. I assure you, we will investigate this .. Benji?.. along with our other leads, ma’am. Is there anything else?”
    06-17-21_7-54-06-pm.jpg
    “I’m afraid not. Have any of your other leads looked promising?” Bella asked, wringing her hands together.

“I’m afraid I can’t divulge that information at this time, Ma’am. I promise, we’re doing everything we can, though.” Scott said, standing up to escort her back to the waiting room. “I advise you to go home and get some rest. It’s late. Try not to worry.”

Bella sighed, and grabbed her purse, following Scott to the front door. “Thank you, Scott, for taking the time to see me.” She said, then headed wearily to her car, parked haphazardly in the handicapped parking space.
    @Skeilah
    Hopefully today's post will get rid of your confusion. :smiley: I didn't mean to confuse you guys, but I honestly couldn't think of how to write story for that interlude. Oh, and as for working on the they/them pronouns. I think trying counts. I honestly have been forgetting, too. I have been having my hubby (who is trying hard to be helpful and understanding.. lol) proofread for mistakes and believe-ability. Yep. New word. Made it myself. LOL.

@permanentrose
    Benji's up to no good, indeed. I feel so terrible for so many of the people in my story lately, but as I promised earlier, it does get better .. at least for most of them.....
    @Skeilah
    Yeah, I'm not worried, too much. She'll eventually get one. Hopefully sooner rather than later because I made a rule for Essa that she can only work on the world aspirations one at a time, not flip back and forth if more than one. So she has to get an award to progress and finish this aspiration before she can start on the other one. Makes it a bit harder that way. :)

I am loving these sets! It's all new to me for the Acting career so I've never had any Sim do these. Quite a few I've never seen the sets either in other Simmers' game play. The romance scenes are just...sad. You have to laugh or you'll cry. I mean nobody picks up the other and swings them around in a hug. Especially girls don't pick up guys and do that. Sheesh! And HOW is that romantic anyway? :D Yep, I'm a strict Watcher too. ;) I have no idea if the drone shaped like a ball is the same or not. Never played with one. I just think they look cute! I saw one in somebody's LP on YT. Probably James Turner.

So weird about the alien Dr.'s baby. I've seen others who got that call and then later would see the person who called somewhere and they had the baby bump. I wonder why her's was just POOF, here's your baby, enjoy! :D Yay! \o/ Go Bryon! Essa has that one too. She doesn't even have to go to hair/makeup if she doesn't want to. But for screenshot purposes and out of curiosity, I send her anyway since it's all new to me.

I love those crooked guitars! They're actually an Opps! in the handiness skill, but they still work like the others! I see Josh playing one at those busking stations in San Myshuno all the time in other saves. Wow Jess sure looks a lot like her Father, he's cute! Great job with his first gig! Funny how he was angry at first about it all, but ended up liking it in the end. :D Oh cool, Bryon gets to practice acting with Duane! Oh ouch! He hurt himself with that risky hug. o.O I didn't know they could actually get hurt doing that. Good job donating all those mirrors! Amazing how fast it makes their fame go up eh?

@permanentrose
    Congrats to Emmett on his promotion! I have to ask though, uh, what happened to Jules' hand? o.O It looks all stretched out or something. Nice they'll be going back to the jungle. Oh and some leaf pile woo hoo! Fun! :)

Ah, I figured that's probably what you did. Glad you got one for Jules at least, she earned it. I never thought of it that way as an active career. It seems different than those to me, but yeah, it does have a lot of different sets. Has some new animations I've never seen too.

I had way more fun watching her do a scene with Josh than her fellow actors. He's cuter for one thing. :D Oh he knows that, he was just teasing her. :D Josh is a good partner, always willing to help her out even if he has to suffer through her awful screeching voice! At first anyway. ;) Fred is the only paparazzi so far I've seen try to take pictures of Essa and hang around the house. Except for a few acquaintances that try to get her to let them inside for a selfie now and then. I'm glad they were able to help them get a house too. Thanks mostly to Essa's garden and painting. But mostly the garden. Oh! And Josh's interest payments now. ;)

@SoulGal7
    You're welcome and it looks like you did exactly what I would've recommended, except he didn't have to join the Space Rangers and then quit that to join Mechanical Engineer. He would've been able to just join Mechanical Engineer right from the start, like I explained. Oh well, he got the bonus and fulfilled the aspiration. That's all that matters. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Oh man, that must've given you a chuckle when it looked like she was flirting with the BBQ! :D Yeah, I don't like that beard either! I keep meaning to edit those townie actors and crew members but I keep forgetting and by the time I remember again it's too late and she has to act with them. :D Well, see, she DOES have tight leather pants in your game if I remember correctly, so that makes sense. ;)

OMG! He bugged Greg? That's hilarious! Especially since Greg KNEW he'd done it :D I don't blame Melody for being so furious with him for doing that. I'm surprised she even wanted to continue going on their little trip! Whoa! Millennium Falcon, very cool! I want to ride on one! Lucky Melody! This should be a fun trip for them. :)
    @permanentrose I fixed the link. Somehow it added the http twice, but it is working now.
    ~Teresa~
    edited June 2021
    Update 168 - The Flight to Selvadorada

3lgIXo9.png?1
    Another smallish update, but this conversation didn't fit in with my last update or my next one, so it gets its own little update.

First things first, I downloaded this airplane cabin room from here.
    JzkTKsR.png

And the pose I used for my daily shot was actually created as an airplane pose. Thought it was super cute even though they should totally be in their own seats wearing seat belts ;)

---

A few days later, Emmett had booked their flight to Selvadorada and were on their way. This time, Ruby and Pickle would be joining them, making it a full family vacation. Emmett packed both their Books of Life so it should be easy to keep both of them pretty happy :)

The flight was long, and as the plane glided through the night, Emmett turned to Jules to have a discussion with her.

"So I've been thinking more and more about our wedding," he began, "and I know that something small and low key would be the most meaningful to both of us."
    GVAHUcr.png

"So I thought, why not just get married when we're in the jungle? Let's really just make this small and special, and I can't think of a more gorgeous place to get married."
    l2lWn18.png

"I love that idea," Jules told him. It seemed so perfect and stress-free, "but won't your mom be sad? She's been so excited about this wedding that I would hate to exclude her from this."
    9zklvJ5.png

"Actually, it was partially her idea. I was talking to her on the phone the other night, and I ended up mentioning that we're both a little overwhelmed with wedding planning and preparations for the baby, and she reminded me that our wedding should be what we want it to be, not what others are expecting it to be. You know she and my dad waited a while to get married." Here, Jules nodded. She and Emmett had both been kids already when Marin and Desmond had officially tied the knot. "They weren't against marriage by any means, but when they moved in together and got pregnant with me, they put the idea of a wedding on the back burner and waited until it was truly a good time in their lives to have that celebration together, and my mom told me she was so glad they waited until it wasn't a stressful time. So we talked more about it, and I told her I was pretty in love with the idea of getting married on our vacation, and I thought you would be too. She thought that was a great idea, and that way we wouldn't have to stress over plans and then worry about trying to get things done later on in your pregnancy too. She also mentioned that after the baby is born, if we're up for it, she'd love to help us throw a reception so that our family can all properly celebrate with us too."
    fvmbWoT.png

"Emmett, I love that idea," Jules told him, crawling over into his seat so she could properly hug him. "That sounds perfect. I know that my family would understand too, and the idea of having a party to celebrate with everyone later on seems like the perfect solution for making our wedding exactly what we want it to be, but not excluding the ones we love from the celebration. And really, I'm so glad Ruby will get to be part of this - even with a small, spontaneous wedding like this, I wouldn't want to do this without her."

"I thought so," Emmett told her, kissing her forehead softly. "Which is one reason I suggested we take her along for this trip. I'm so glad that we've found this perfect solution to really make this wedding our own."

Jules nodded in agreement. And with that, they drifted off to sleep as they continued their journey to the jungle.

--
    Honestly, that "elope immediately" option has been taunting me ever since they got engaged lol, and I did kind of have it in the back of my mind to have these two elope since I've already done two formal weddings for this challenge already. Of course, I don't want their families to miss out on celebrating with them though which is why I probably will do some kind of relaxed party by the end of this month or sometime next month :)

And that little bit about Marin and Desmond is actually true - I made them in 2017 for my main save as a young couple who had a toddler but I didn't get them married right away and then I started making a bunch of other sims and forgot that I didn't have them married for quite a while so that is actually why they didn't get married until Emmett was a kid. So it worked out for this story to use that as a plot point.
    Mia Patina
    June 18
    Week 7 Saturday

2021-06-12-19_52_13-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    edited June 2021
    June 10 - Del Sol Valley - Making Music

orchid-a-go-go.png
    Wolfgang didn't start work until Tuesday, so on Monday, he was going to work on his robotics workbench creating mechanisms and computer chips on his way to building a servo. [Note: All the other upgrade parts can be ordered on the computer, except the computer chip and mechanisms, which have to be constructed at the workbench, and it takes forever, and you need lots of parts to make a servo.] But before servo, he needed to make a robo-arm. [Note:The robo arm increases robotics skill gains by 25%, and boosts crafting speeds by 20%]

first-morning.png

But first, Wolfgang had to take care of business and autonomously kisses Sakura. Oh yeah, he's got his priorities right!

Afterwards, Sakura sat down at the computer and answered some e-mails from Luna, Sofia and Mila. Then she looked at the Von Haunt Estate on-line and thought it was the most beautiful place to have a wedding. Sakura was glad that Wolfgang and his mother had thought of the location.

jenna-and-kado.png

She quickly composed a guest list, and realized there were two sims from Mt. Komorebi who she wanted to invite, Kado and Jenna Akiyama [pre-made sims pictured above with their kids]. She quickly sent them a text message and Kado responded almost immediately that they would be happy to attend. Their two children, Miki and Taku would stay at Jenna's parents' house in San Myshuno. They texted back and forth, and Kado also mentioned his sadness at the, as he termed it, "Kiyoshi affair." Kado then offered his congratulations on her engagement saying that he was looking forward to meeting Wolfgang. Sakura told them that they could stay with her friend, Luna and Luna's family, the Villareal's, while they were in Windenburg, as they had plenty of room. Luna's brother, Hugo, would pick them up at the airport and bring them to the house. Kado accepted her kind offer and would ensure they brought gifts for the family. Sakura smiled as she finished texting Kado, and knew that Wolfgang would like Kado, too. It was unfortunate that they weren't able to meet when Wolfgang had visited Mt. Komorebi.

making-music-sakura.png

Next, Sakura looked at some job listings and also set-up a social media profile on-line. She then looked at some of the equipment in the office, and realized that one was a mix master music station where you can record some songs. She gave it a try and released a song. Sakura then looked at the video station to see what the trends were. She also saw a drone on the floor. She had read on-line that there was a club in the downtown area called Orchid A Go Go, and Sakura thought that she would head there this afternoon, and perhaps tape herself and create a vlog. It might help her in her chances of getting a job.

wolfgang-would-you-like-to-go-downtown-with-me.png

Sakura went out to talk to Wolfgang and asked him if he'd like to go downtown with her this afternoon. Since he was pretty much done with the work he wanted to do for today, and since this really was his day off, he thought that sounded like fun.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wolfgang and Sakura arrived at Orchid A Go Go and it seemed to be relatively empty. Sakura thought this would be perfect so that she would have an opportunity to sing and record.

studio-pmp-club.png

Wolfgang went to the bar and chatted up the bartender and ordered a drink, and Sakura went over to the microphone, set up the drone and began singing. The bartender commented to Wolfgang that Sakura was really good, and they were actually looking for an entertainer to start immediately.

filming-sakura.png

After videotaping, Wolfgang talked to Sakura about the job opportunity, and Sakura was thrilled and the bartender told her the manager would be in later this afternoon to interview her.

wolf-sees-his-first-celebrity.png

Sakura decided to continue videotaping as she felt this would give her more exposure to different jobs. While Sakura practiced some more, Wolfgang turned around and thought he recognized....no...it couldn't be...! Yes it was! Dustin Broke, Famed Manager to the stars! Wolfgang was rather excited when he saw him and asked Dustin for his autograph, but Dustin declined. Wolfgang understood and figured that celebrities probably got tired of being asked for autographs all the time.

During the afternoon, more celebrities entered the lounge, and the place started to get busy. Wolfgang recognized another celebrity, Octavia Moon, who was a 3-star celebrity Bestselling Author. Her book Flashpaper Fiction was on the San Myshuno bestseller list for 16 weeks. Wolfgang went over to her and introduced himself first, and she seemed in a good mood after having had some nectar. Wolfgang had heard a rumor that Octavia had a bit of a "juice problem", but Wolfgang figured it was just a rumor.

Wolfgang: "Ms. Moon, it is indeed an honor to meet you. I read your book, Flashpaper Fiction, when I was at university and was amazed at how your main character, Debonair Dave, would use the flashpaper to produce flames from his finger tips. That's a magician's trick..."

wolfgang-gets-his-1st-autograph.png

Octavia: "Oh...yes...well...that was a metaphor about his personality...about how extremely "hot" he was...especially to women sims..."

Wolfgang: "Oh yes...I totally got that part..."

Octavia: "You did? Well, I commend you...so many sims didn't...and what did you say your name was again?"

Wolfgang: "Um...Wolfgang...Ms. Moon...Wolfgang Munch...and if it wouldn't be too much of a bother, I was wondering if I could get your autograph..."

Octavia smiled at Wolfgang and with a flourish signed a photo of herself and handed it to him.

Octavia: "Wolfie baby, you just made my day..." she said as she slowly sashayed back to the bar.

While Wolfgang was talking to Octavia, her husband, Thorne Bailey entered the lounge and the paparazzi went crazy. Thorne was a 4-star celebrity and famed musician. Suddenly it was like word got out that Thorne had arrived at the lounge, and all these sims started appearing. Sakura was playing the guitar and had gotten a few tips, but when Thorne appeared, Sakura was totally forgotten. Thorne took the microphone and started telling jokes. It was pretty obvious that Thorne Bailey was now the center of attention. [I love how even the robot has those flirty eyes for Thorne! lol]

thorn-baliey-is-taking-my-audience.png

Just then Sakura got a text message that somehow her phone number had been leaked to the public. She really wasn't worried, because, seriously, who would be calling her? She was just a newcomer, because it was pretty obvious who the real star on stage was. Sakura gave up playing the guitar and headed over to chat with Wolfgang.

1st-quirk-public-number.png

When Thorne Bailey was done telling jokes, he posed for a few photos for the paparazzi, and Sakura got up the nerve to ask him for an autograph, which he gave her.

gets-an-auto-graph-from-thorne-bailey.png

Even though Sakura didn't really appreciate Thorne taking her audience away from her, she did appreciate how he handled the paparazzi. No wonder they liked him so much. She had recently read that there had been a scandal about him and a young starlet...but those were just rumors. But she could understand a sim falling for him...because...oh gosh...Thorne was just so dreamy.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a call from Maxis Music Machine who had heard the song she released and wanted to sign her up. Wow! Really? Maybe she could give it a try and produce some songs on the side. It didn't hurt to have some extra simoleons and she certainly enjoyed doing it. So, she agreed and virtually signed the music contract.

maxis-music-machine-signon.png

The manager of the club came over to interview her for the position, and Sakura got the job!

Wolfgang came up to her then.

Sakura: "Wolfgang, I got the job! I'm going to be the Opening Act and I start tomorrow at 5pm!"

Wolfgang: "Congrats on getting the job, Sakura. You'll do great! And while you were being interviewed, I snagged an autograph from Octavia Moon, but it's only worth $50 simoleons."

lets-go-home-wolf.png

Sakura: "Oh really? Well, I got one from Thorne Bailey and it's worth the same. Maybe we could get them appraised and they would be worth more."

Wolfgang: "That's a thought. I'll do that tomorrow. But right now, I...um...have some other thoughts on my mind...like how we're going to...um...celebrate you getting that job. So...why don't you and I head home?" he said winking at her.

there-is-no-one-else-that-she-would-rather-be-with-than-wolf.png

Sakura smiled at Wolfgang and thought that no matter how dreamy Thorne Bailey was, there was no-one she'd rather be with than Wolfgang. He was her real dream.

Sakura: "I think that's a good idea..."

suave-kiss-wolf.png

Wolfgang bowed before her and kissed her hand, and then smiled flirtatiously at her.

Sakura blushed thinking, "Oh yes...Wolfgang is real dreamy...and he loves me...and I most definitely love him..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

I had played ahead and yes, I chose the wrong job under Entertainer for Sakura, so she didn't get a sign-on bonus. I fixed this later on in my gameplay, though, as she switched jobs. But for now, she's in the Entertainer Career.
    @permanentrose -
    Love the cover shot on the plane. And that pose is so wonderful of Jules and Emmett. Love it. Yes, I totally agree. Elope! Yes! And they would already be on a honeymoon of sorts in Selvadorada, so yes! I am for elopement! I normally do that with my sims, but this time I am planning the wedding for Sakura and Wolfgang. It has been a lot of work! lol But yes, with a baby on the way...and then trying to plan a wedding...sheesh...a lot of work. And this will be just as romantic for the two of them, and Ruby will be there...so, yes...I am for this! Woot! Can't wait!
    @sassytxbrat
    It's nice that I now get to see a bit from the Star Wars pack too ;p I wish you a lot of fun exploring the pack more!!

Glad Mia found two 'victims' to join her into flying the Falcon. Too bad she's not impressed with them :')

@permanentrose
    Oh, back to the jungle they go :') Also told you this, but Zane is cute!! Pilar too, by the way! Of course, I'm all for coloured hair! Lol woohoo in a pile of leafs, that's a first :') It looks hilarious tho.

I get what you're saying. I couldn't just give Randi grey hair too. I just couldn't. She still has a lot of wrinkles though since I don't use overlays hahahha, but I'm okay with those. Yippee for Ruby and Kristine! <3 Johnny's guitar is absolutely hilarious, but I love it a lot. And Bryon too, it seems, although he would never admit that, of course. I think it's because all of those games and apps Bryon made that he's going so easily through this. It takes ages to make those, but the fame he gets back from it, dayummmm. And it just really suits him. I'm surprised he started liking acting, since he's not the extraverted type and stuff, but hey, it's the Sims. Everything's possible. Ahhh, glad to hear you liked the giveaway. I liked it myself too, HAHAHA

Also told you this, but I still laugh when I see Jules on Emetts lap like that, ON A PLANE HAHAHAHAAH. Super not-save, hahaha! But at least it's cute. Love their wedding-idea. It's different than I formal wedding. Of course, formal weddings are nice too, but yeah, I had one and I'm never doing it again, lol.

@SoulGal7
    I'm glad to see the career thing eventually worked out.

Oh no, poor Sakura got the Public number quirk!! Awtch, that manager is harsh. But hey, at least she got the job?

@Ellupelluellu
    ohhhhh, hahahaha! Well, that's actually a less cruel option than deleting him, right? Or.... Isn't it...?

No no, you're totally right! Bryon switched worlds when going inside. Let's just pretend that's not the case :p You're good at recognising places!!

Lol, I was like "why in the world is there 'millennium Falcon' in the title?". Yeah, I get it now :')

@Karababy52
    Hehe, also practicing romance scenes, I see. I love that hugging pose a lot for some reason. Probably because you can't do that pose in the romance section. HAHAHAHAH "did you just call me fat?" HAHAHAHAH that had me laughed out loud :') It's a good thing I play without sounds sometimes. That way I'll be spared from Sims that can't sing, hahahah.

*getting flashbacks to when I put my sounds on to hear Oliver Ridley sing with his guitar and I was like "oh man, I surely didn't expect this, but I like it!"* XD

ugh, paparazzi people... Luckily Josh knows how to handle those. Awww, congrats on Frank and Bendy on their own home!

Ah, it is more difficult if you don't allow yourself to swap aspirations. I allow myself to do so, because I just know I don't have the patience to do one at a time and stuck with things. I admire you for doing it, though!!

The acting career is also a first for me. I'm absolutely loving it up until now! I actually tested the eyed-drone (a tiny little voice whispered Bryon to buy it hehehe) and yes, it does the same as the other drone! I called them Adam. XD

I suspected Noelle to have a belly too, but nope. I was surprised myself. HAHAHAH I laughed out loud with 'poof, here's your baby, enjoy!' XD Yep, that's exactly what happened! I sent Bryon to hair/make-up/outfit too for his most recent gig. I laughed so hard with the outcome. Pictures will follow soon :) It's in the today's update I will post later (so June 18 for me).

Hahahahaha, Opps! XD Guess I just learned something new, thanks :) I never saw that before, maybe I just looked over it. Jess indeed looks like his father! I loved playing Oliver. I shouldn't be surprised to see him here, since I played him to become a celebrity DJ, haha! Bryon still has this love-hate relationship with his agency, but yeah, he's enjoying what he's doing for the time being... But just recently, those quirks have been coming and I can tell you, I don't like them lol. Duane is such a cool guy btw! He just showed up at the best time too, since he's from Sulani, and guess what my July-world is? :D I had a lot of fun donating those mirrors. Time-consuming, yes, but at least Bryon now has a lot of happy fans with his mirror in their room! :D

@IllusoryThrall
    Awww, I feel so sad for Jaz :( But I'm glad to see Bennie at least realised what he did was crossing a line. Wise decision indeed, Bennie.

Oh no, Bella! Lol, the fact Marnie first decides to bring her own son up and then tries to take it all back made me laugh just a little bit, sorry. Yep, you didn't really make the right choice there, Marnie.

Ay ay ay... I smell trouble for Benji. But indeed, my confusion is cleared now! I feel sorry for Bella, and also for Marnie, because well, although Benji did all that, it's still her son and stuff... I'm not good-talking Benji here though. I secretly hope he'll pay for what he did heheheheeh. But still, poor Marnie. Hopefully this doesn't change her friendship with Bella...

Believe-ability, hheheeheh. Nice new word. Gonna use it myself now.
    June 16
    GlFSCDS.png

Bryons Diary
    It has begun. A fan was spotted trying to look through my windows this morning.

cZlBxHh.png
    She even tried to find something from me in the garbage. IN THE GARBAGE!!

6ATi9bz.png
    (Bryon) “Thanks for telling me, Alex. But why were you up so early?”
    (Alex) “Oh, that just happens sometimes. I was in bed and I sensed something, so I just used my power to check. Nothing much.”
    (Bryon) “Where’s Audrey?”
    (Alex) “Hmmm… Still asleep.”

X4vqWd1.png
    I went upstairs to wake Audrey, since I had to get ready for work and didn’t want to overwork Hana. Also, we can’t neglect our own children just because we’re busy with work, right? Right.

8MLkgJa.png
    (Audrey) “Dad, what’s that?”
    (Bryon) “Ah, this is Adam, my new streaming bot! A little tiny voice whispered me I should buy it.”
    (Audrey) “It looks scary… I mean, it has eyes!”
    (Bryon) “Oh, I actually think Adam’s really cute. Don’t you think, Alex?”
    (Alex) “Adam is awesome!!!”

GI0X1qz.png
    I turned Adam on for streaming purposes, and then continued my morning. Alex finally maxed his last skill, so now the twins are fully ready for the bigger world soon - elementary school.

(Naoki) “Good morning! I see everyone is already awake. What can I do?”

PnF2Kw1.png
    (Bryon) “Well, since I’m busy with Alex, why don’t you entertain Audrey?”
    (Naoki) “Ah yes, I can do that!!”

UGZPVYK.png
    Some time later, Hana arrives and it’s time for both Naoki and I to start our working days. I had a lot of fun this morning, and I bet the kids did too.

(Hana) “Say goodbye to your parents!! They’re going to work hard!”
    (Audrey&Alex) “Goodbye!!”
    (Bryon&Naoki) “See you in the evening again!”

uTtxOLK.png
    Just as we walked out, some random old guy seemed to run towards our house.

2liBSkR.png
    My assumption was confirmed when the old guy was about to knock on our door.

(Bryon) “Excuse me. I was just about to leave for work, but I live here.”
    (Old guy) “Ahh, Bryon Ellison! I’m glad to see you!”

I keep forgetting people know me now. I don’t know how I feel about that.

XvIh3ql.png
    The old guy shook my hand.

4YZWYM0.png
    (Darsh) “My name is Darsh. I work as a nanny for Kindly Caring, Inc. I saw your ranting vlog about our rival company Nanny’s+ and I must say, I admired that vlog. There’s no way they’ll be able to keep going after this!!”
    (Bryon) “Thanks, I guess? I’m sorry, but I really have to go now. I have a busy schedule.”
    (Darsh) “Ah, but that’s where I come in!! I’m starting as your new nanny as of today. No cost!”

6zu9oRa.png
    (Bryon) “I’m sorry, but we already ha-“
    (Darsh) “I don’t take no’s.”

And just like that, Darsh turned around and opened the door.

(Bryon) “I really got no time for this….”

jH9vVA5.png
    (Darsh) “Ah, who’s that beautiful teenager? Do you also need to be nannied?”
    (Hana) “Eh, what…? I AM the nann—“
    (Darsh) “I see, I see. Bryon, leave this to me! Go to your work, you don’t have to worry a bit!!”

Hana looked at me, confused.

TvA0J8i.png
    As Darsh went to sit on one of the chairs, I took Hana with me somewhere a little further.

(Bryon) “Give me just one second, please.”
    (Darsh) “Of course!!”

FSC6Jxm.png
    (Hana) “What’s that man doing here?”
    (Bryon) “He’s a nanny and he refuses to leave. I have to think of a way to get him out of here, but can you just play along with him for today?”
    (Hana) “Really…?”
    (Bryon) “Please?”
    (Hana) “… Fine. I’ll play along. And I’ll try thinking about a way to get him out of here too.”
    (Bryon) “Thanks. I’ll get to work for now. Please keep me updated if something weird happens, and else we’ll talk after work.”
    (Hana) “Okay!”

- After work -

VxqDP1I.png
    Hana and I gathered in my old student room, which was now practically empty. I took my laptop out and started typing away.

(Hana) “So, did you think of anything?”
    (Bryon) “I’m still searching actually… this looks like mission impossible.”
    (Hana) “Ah, man… Same here… That guy is good, Bryon. Like, really good. And he doesn’t ask money? We’re never going to get that man away from here…”

wqCPoOp.png
    (Alex) “Unless you scare him.”
    (Bryon) “Alex?!”

cL2abCl.png
    (Alex) “I mean, if you scare him, he doesn’t want to be here anymore.”

azmoJE6.png
    (Audrey) “We could help with that. You didn’t forget that we’re aliens, right?”
    (Hana) “A-aliens…?”
    (Audrey) “Oh, I guess Hana didn’t knew yet.”

hxuFKfK.png
    After a little talk together, we finally had a plan. Darsh will be no more after tomorrow. Audrey and Alex will make sure of that.

Just a second later, my laptop started beeping.

(Bryon) “Oh, my app! It’s done!!”
    (Hana) “You were making an app this whole time?!”
    (Bryon) “I’m sorry, but indeed, I was making an app…”

NReY1qw.pngDaVhrIU.png
    (And right after that, Bryon’s fame rose up to the very top. How did this happen so fast?! Two levels, thanks to ONE app???)

(Hana) “I mean, that app DOES look good…”
    (Bryon) “I know, right?!”

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top