Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much money did you spend on The Sims 4?

13...Next

Comments

• NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Well...

I've bought all the packs except Batuu and the new kit (I'll buy it when I feel like I have a use for it), and I never wait for sales. Plus, I support my favorite CC and mod creators on Patreon... So, I've spent a lot.

But I have almost 12000 hours in The Sims 4 so it's worth every penny. (Yes, I play a lot.)
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Well, let's just say I have spent much less on Sims4 than I did on Sims2 and 3. But in the last three years the financial support I give to the modding community has increased beyond what I would have spent for packs I wasn't interested in, and I seldom pay full price for the packs I do want. The last three packs I bought through Origin were in a bundle deal. Oh wait, I paid full price for Bust the Dust then disabled it three days later. :D
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I have them all <3
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    When I received my pc from my hubby for christmas a few years ago (2017? 2018?) I bought all the packs up to and including Get Famous,as that was the most recent pack out, in a huge origin sale for like $200. Since then I have bought the majority of the packs at face value. The packs I don't own are JtB-still ain't bought it and I never will muahaha!-, any of the kits or the Dream Home Decorator. Based on gameplay released by Youtubers I may purchase Cottage living.
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Please don't make me think about it :)

Haha, it's impossible for me to remember which ones I bought on sale. Definitely spent way more than I wanted. I currently have every pack except My First Pet, Batuu, Dream Home Decorator, and I don't have any Kits.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Well I bought the collectors edition of the base game and can’t remember how much it was also got everything that went with it like the mousemat, headset and mouse plus game guide. Since then I have every EP,GP and SP also have all the kits. I have never really counted the cost 😂. I am 32 now and have a job where I get paid every week so haven’t really worried about getting anything for the Sims. But living with my Boyfriend I have to pay half the bills so have to watch the pennies sometimes 😂
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Why? Why do you have to remind me? What did I ever do to you?

Just kidding

I don't have all the packs, but I got every pack I have on sale, even the base game (base game was like 5 dollars). I don't want to know how much. Even on sale, it's not cheap.
  • shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    zero. my sugar daddy gave me his credit card.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    So I track all of this on a spreadsheet because I like numbers.

I've spent £381.39 total.

I have everything except Vampires, Dream Home Decorator, Batuu, Luxury Party, MY First Pet, Paranormal, Bust the Dust, Country Kitchen & Throwback Fit. I paid full price for Courtyard Oasis (first time ever not buying on sale!), everything else was bundled or on sale. I also got one EP for free.

For me this comes to 24.77 pence (roughly) per hour. I'm pretty happy with that ratio.
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    So far I have calculated only 4 items and I’m already at £133.58 😂 don’t think I should do any more or I’m going to scare myself 😂
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I bought the base game (digital deluxe) one Christmas while it was on sale for £25, and I think that's the only time I've bought something Sims 4 related on sale. I usually buy new packs on release day, or shortly after.

I own all of the packs, so breaking it down (I'll be rounding the numbers up):
    • 10 x £35 = £350
    • 10 x £18 = £180
    • 18 x £10 = £180
    • 4 x £5 = £20
    £25 + £350 + £180 + £180 + £20 = £755

Roughly, I've spent about £755 on The Sims 4, give or take for any discounts (probably stuff packs) that I might have forgotten about. I've also gifted my friends a few game packs and stuff packs here and there, which I haven't included in the total cost.

The Sims 4 is my favourite one from the franchise, so I don't regret it at all. :smile:
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • VaChuVaChu Posts: 37 Member
    i've only tried the demo...
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    So I track all of this on a spreadsheet because I like numbers.

I've spent £381.39 total.

I have everything except Vampires, Dream Home Decorator, Batuu, Luxury Party, MY First Pet, Paranormal, Bust the Dust, Country Kitchen & Throwback Fit. I paid full price for Courtyard Oasis (first time ever not buying on sale!), everything else was bundled or on sale. I also got one EP for free.

For me this comes to 24.77 pence (roughly) per hour. I'm pretty happy with that ratio.

@JemmaTheSimmer Thanks for the idea of using a spreadsheet! 😎

I’ve learned I spent a lot less on Sims 4 than 3. I was always flicking through Sims 3 store buying something and it adds up. I don’t think I’d like to add up everything there. 😱

On Sims 4 I’ve spent just under £200 at £195.85. I actually thought it was more.
    I’ve mainly bought stuff and game packs though.
    I normally wait until sales for expansion packs.

The only exceptions were buying Get Together 🎉and Eco Lifestyle 😭 at full price.
    I’ve also relegated buying JTB to an alternate universe. It never happened here 🤦🏼‍♂️.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    I bought the base game (digital deluxe) one Christmas while it was on sale for £25, and I think that's the only time I've bought something Sims 4 related on sale. I usually buy new packs on release day, or shortly after.

I own all of the packs, so breaking it down (I'll be rounding the numbers up):
    • 10 x £35 = £350
    • 10 x £18 = £180
    • 18 x £10 = £180
    • 4 x £5 = £20
    £25 + £350 + £180 + £180 + £20 = £755

Roughly, I've spent about £755 on The Sims 4, give or take for any discounts (probably stuff packs) that I might have forgotten about. I've also gifted my friends a few game packs and stuff packs here and there, which I haven't included in the total cost.

The Sims 4 is my favourite one from the franchise, so I don't regret it at all. :smile:

That's like $1047.86 USD. O_O

EA is really milking more money from Europe than from the USA because of the currency conversion.
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I have everything so some might say "too much," but I've been known to spend $35 for a single ball of hand-painted sock yarn, so I'm not afraid to spend "too much" on my hobbies. :D
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    The only packs I don't have are Nifty Knitting and Tiny Living. Those do not appeal to me in the slightest so yeah, I might get them but not really sure. I am absolutely getting Cottage Living when it comes out, even though we can't eat the cows (major disappointment). So yeah, bought them all except the above mentioned for me and someone I thought was a friend.
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Shh. We don’t talk about that. 😆
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Zorga wrote: »
    oh I enjoy stuff like this!
    I'm Australian, so USD will be in brackets.

I have spent $864.52 ($666.33USD) on purchases both full price (mostly the EPs) and sale (mostly the SPs etc).

What interests me *more* is looking at things I purchase in a "Dollars per hours of entertainment" ($/HoE) ratio. When done this way, the Sims becomes insanely cheap! I don't even play Sims very frequently, I play other games and tend to play Sims for a month or so then not play it for a few months, so since release of the first EP I have played 1133 hours (per Origin).

Which means that, $/HoE I have spent 76c (.59cUSD) for each hour of gameplay.

Now, a movie ticket costs $23(~$18) where I live and runs for 1-2.5h, so being generous: that movie on the $/HoE ratio costs $9.20($7.09) -- Super expensive!

Edit: OH! I also spent a bit of money for two realllly good CC content makers on Patreon so its more like $900 but still!

While $/hour is a measure, it's not a complete one. Quantity does not speak to quality. A dinner at a cheap restaurant is much better $/hr entertainment ratio than one at an expensive one, but given the choice, I'll take the expensive one any day of the week because the enjoyment makes it a better value to me.

Same with video games. The problem I have with many is they're usually a mix of entertaining and filler content. I slog through the parts I consider not-so-fun if the good parts are compelling. But I'm not getting great entertainment value doing that filler content. Many video games add the fillers because it's cheaper to make and pads the game out rather than doing a consistently good game all the way through.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I just went into Origin and added it all up. It’s less than I was fearing: $594.14 which includes tax.
    For 2824 hours played that’s like 21 cents an hour. That’s not too shabby I guess.

I got 3 pretty good bundles and a handful of other packs on sale. For most of it I did pay full price, though.
    And the tax in the US went up from 1% in January 2019 to 6.35% in November 2020.

Sidenote @FurAndYarn The most I spent on sock yarn was probably $62.
  • lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    I always buy packs on sale, since the exchange rate of dollars to reais has been crazy those last few years (currently one dollar = FIVE reais - it used to be two reais!). The taxes also highly affect the final price of the packs. One kit in the US is about half the price of a stuff pack, while here it goes up to 3/4 of the price of a stuff pack, due to taxes.

That being said, I have almost the full game, which means I'm scared to do the math. :o