Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could pick ONE existing career to become a playable active career…

If you could pick ONE existing career to become a playable active career… 121 votes

Astronaut
11%
PlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarAnmirlaKironidecatmando830luxsylvanPamtastic72JemmaTheSimmermikamakimonAtreya33SharoniaRouensimsVeeDubshailaputrii 14 votes
Athlete
0%
taydev 1 vote
Business
1%
magooo63AbbyZ 2 votes
Criminal
27%
CK213LaBlue0314alexspoom13elanorbretonpendragon1980g01denswanYautjagirlTorieKennziKaigeemereMyrrindrabixterspammiechickEvaliynEnkiSchmidtAineThriorcomicsforlifeCattyBetsyCrazyNinja 33 votes
Culinary
9%
simgirl1010SlayeurTownDoloresGreyEvilyn_1007Themrsg4422netney52EllupelluelluUniqueKhaosCalico45ElisetomJyotai 11 votes
Entertainer
10%
Kita5399TheSpotted_CIsb917DarkLady2788FelicityLisamango0benson2006annaliese39Charlotta11DaepheneEliasVersaceFatTribble23mightysprite 13 votes
High School Student (child/teen)
11%
alan650111DevSims91luthienrisingBabykittyjadeThisSentenceIsALieQuaaySAEldarinlogionEdithVArcherDKSepiaArcahymnhehimBenjamilian 14 votes
Secret Agent
16%
Akl500PSimmervilleCorkysPetalsGwastenMicaduhboy2u2ChampandGirliehalloweenchildSheriSim57MDianaSimsRedShoe7GrumpyGlowfishSimDestroyerTTNsimmerSERVERFRAIVXXXVIKimmerCaprianaBEvilinPinkmiss_eulenaugeHavenRose 20 votes
Other (specify in comments)
5%
crocobauraJeansooLadyKynSailorCetiScobreSimmingaljpsulsuldagdag 7 votes
None
4%
IcewolfDaravimusteniChazzzyCatzillaCangwen 6 votes

Comments

• RySBIRySBI Posts: 328 Member
    Criminal
    Personally, I really enjoy the active careers and I hope we get more of them with future packs.

Picking one is difficult, but I was curious to see what kind of active jobs you guys would like to see in the future.

This was a tough choice for me between a few of them but I figured criminal could be a fun one with lots of storytelling potential.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2021
    I don't play careers much. But I would be highly interested in Fully active highschool student, teacher in a class or a criminal 😍
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,774 Member
    Culinary
    This would most likely need DO to have, tho. So would never happen :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    Entertainer
    We already have an active actor career, but I'd love to see my musicians giving concerts or my comedians tearing it up at the comedy club.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Entertainer
    Entertainer would be great! Though I'd love to have active secret agents too... or astronauts/interstellar smugglers hmm...

gen3-banner.png
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Culinary
    Culinary is one that should have been an active career, so it gets my vote. After that entertainer.

I'm almost glad the others are not actives, doing them right would take too much resources and for some like business I can't imagine the effort being worth it. Others like Athlete would basically mean making a whole sports game within Sims, and Astronaut a whole space exploration game. Too much for too little.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Secret Agent
    I voted for secret agent but having an active musician/singer career is a tie with it for me. A playable secret agent could be fun. I'd also play a mystery solver. Playable high school seems foundational to the game so if that came out, I'd probably play with it. Dine Out seemed like playable culinary but if they want to give us some cooking tv show spin-off, I could be into that.

New playable careers or adventures would be welcome.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    None
    I don't like Active careers so I wouldn't want to see any new ones added or transition any careers already in the game into being Active.
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    SCHOOOOOOL!! I would love to play as my sims in school. Other than university.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited June 2021
    I really want entertainer stuffs and maybe like secret agent, criminal and astronaut also be cool

BUT what I would absolutely love:

• Military
    just imagine how fun it be seeing all the military people do military stuff militarying about in military base? that be so fun?

i kind of make fake setting like that but it would have been nice to just like have it

• part time jobs as active ones

like actually having to babysit bunch of kids? just working at restaurant not owning one? just working at store not managing one? so much fun (well i suppose culinary also falls in this)

bonus: npc jobs like maid and repairman would be fun little active addition

• Law

now what could be more drama than taking your sims to courtroom over their crimes and consulting some troubled clients
    i would have loved this so much
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    High School Students are the most powerful life state in the world B)
    ...according to Japanese animations and manga
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Secret Agent
    Hard decision between this and criminal. I was trying to think which would have the most interesting gameplay but honestly both would be really fun. I don’t use either much but being active could change that.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Education. So a mix of having an active school system and being able to be a teacher.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    None
    I would rather have the places be in the world.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Entertainer
    Specifically the music branch. I would love bands but also a solo would be ok, playing gigs in tiny bars and moving up to concert tours. I wish Get Famous had included something like that because I love how they did the acting career.

Criminal or secret agent could be fun as long as they kept the latter different enough from the detective career.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    Specifically the music branch. I would love bands but also a solo would be ok, playing gigs in tiny bars and moving up to concert tours. I wish Get Famous had included something like that because I love how they did the acting career.

Criminal or secret agent could be fun as long as they kept the latter different enough from the detective career.
    I wouldn't mind a musical performance career like a NYC/London style pack with dancing and singing and performing in musicals and performing in a band too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    More so a job than a career, which would be the Babysitter. Would like to see that active as I did enjoy it in S3.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    Astronaut
    astronaut.. ah yes, fixing rockets all day, studying the stars, reading charts, the simple life ya know.
  • shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    Astronaut
    ok i lied, i want to be a criminal okay? i want to rob and punch people. i want to get arrested by the fbi. i want to do molly. yes.. molly... she was so beautiful... its a shame she had to die with a bullet in her head.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,402 Member
    Astronaut
    Oops, I realised I misread the titles just after posting. I actually would like the base game careers to be updated to work from home rather than an active career. Active careers are fun but in a household with multiple sims it means letting other household members care for themselves without doing anything productive like building skill or crafting objects.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Secret Agent
    A playable Secret Agent Smuggler Astronaut. (We so need some of the existing careers to be able to combined as one big career) ;)
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Culinary
    I wouldn't want a forced active career since I do not want to follow all the time, but if I get to break the rules I want a culinary active career and this addition to affect DO so we can finally do family restaurants kind of like vet clinics.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Secret Agent
    Secret agent and criminal would both be fun.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    None
    I'm not much into playable careers and wouldn't want to change any we have.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    edited June 2021
    Entertainer
    There could have been so many awesome active careers.. But I do miss entertainer too. I loved the sims 3 Showtime and it had those magicians and singers in it too. Loved it.