Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want Sims to be Multiplayer?

I've read that it is generally accepted by the community that simmers do not want multiplayers and I've read that Simmers would love to have multiplayer. So I'm curious. But I couldn't find where there was an actual poll that polled Simmers on here. If there is one, I apologize.

The question is self-explanatory so yeah. What do you want?

Please respect each other's opinions. This is not a poll designed to hate on the game or love on the game. It is designed to simply answer a question.

Do you want Sims to be Multiplayer? 397 votes

Absolutely
1%
TiffanyLea007Colton147147ddd994AbbyZlizalayne 5 votes
Could be fun
4%
freindlylolluthienrisingmlmeadowsranulhhMasonGamerStrawberryYogurtHearts4uj1z1CattyBetsyjohnjetDivieOwlMrsC1990[Deleted User]L33tP33tNWmightyspritehymnhehimTheStarrSimmer 17 votes
I'm on the fence
6%
SamadamsPlayerbekidanacnbrettncisGibbs02pendragon1980JadedJaneLizziguincchant86stilljustme2DarkLady2788mercy55funSailorCetiSindocatPenguinFoopmaglev666musteniLinzzJasonschick80PatriceSimmerGeorge 27 votes
Not really
14%
bshag4lvicmnfrshRflong7JueJueAnnie2008CorkysPetalssimgirl1010Paigeisin5ldmarkotaydevsimplyzoeSim2Sporekiwi84winniepeepsChampandGirlieRipleyrawrboredbeauty111Missmagoo2ThisSentenceIsALieWinifred_Willow 59 votes
Absolutely Not
72%
Akl500Pauroraael14simjenn2004CK213Frn0731tams2578windweaverbrackencat31verlainemKita5399Sara1010PMstybl95GalacticGalIcewolfErja888jeepjeepcatbandit5alexspoom13IceyJSimmerville 289 votes

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Not really
    I voted not really because I wouldn't be opposed to multiplayer mode existing next to, but separate of single player mode. I'd probably still spend 95 to 99% of my time in single player mode.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,580 Member
    I'm on the fence
    Sometimes I really think that multiplayer could be fun but then there are times when I think that multiplayer would become annoying. I mean, think of a scenario where your controlling one of your sims and suddenly you click that sim's lover to find them woohoo'ing with another player... IN YOUR BED!

Or maybe you're trying to get a swim in before work but suddenly another player comes over and starts trying to chat you up.

There are a lot of scenarios where multiplayer would become annoying. Try writing a book at the park and have 5 players come up and try to introduce themselves...

On the other hand, chillin' with your friends and making new friends could be fun too. Clubbing could be fun and other things like that.

So yeah, what do you think?
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    Not really
    I guess I'm not opposed to it if it's not done at the expense of single player mode, but it's unlikely that I would use it.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Absolutely Not
    No!

I don't mind stuff like the gallery, but actual multiplayer? Heck no.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Absolutely not. I can't believe the amount of people on Instagram who've asked for multiplayer :s
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Absolutely Not
    No. If and when they build The Sims multiplayer I will not even try it. If those teens on instagram want a multiplayer then they should have continued The Sims Social which needed all those 'friends' to get to a level of something or fill a task. Multiplayer will mean players will need other players or so called 'friends' to be able to complete something or gain something. You can bet EA will have some microtransactions in there (just like all other mobile games) for the player to purchase if they can't get it done any other way. It's not going to be the highly social, sexy, intermingling game some have been dreaming about. It will be full of microtransactions, Non editable server world/worlds, and fees and or subscriptions and bosses.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I'm on the fence
    MagicaCat wrote: »
    No. Nope. Nuh-uh. No way. Unequivocally and absolutely not.
    It's my game, my world, and you're not invited. (Obligatory universal "you", not directed at anyone specifically ^^)

Glad you clarified. I thought at first that you had a thing against penguins. lol
  • MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Penguins are welcome!
    Random humans, not so much...
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Would that be in addition to single player? Or exclusively multiplayer?

If it’s just an additional option, I’d probably try it but I am not asking for it. I think other players would do weird things and I don’t think it would be that fun. Even playing Stardew Valley with others, I don’t like that I can’t pause anytime I want. So I think that would be an issue for me in the Sims for sure.

If the game goes multiplayer-only, it’s time for me to say goodbye.
    I'm on the fence
    babajayne wrote: »
    Would that be in addition to single player? Or exclusively multiplayer?

If it’s just an additional option, I’d probably try it but I am not asking for it. I think other players would do weird things and I don’t think it would be that fun. Even playing Stardew Valley with others, I don’t like that I can’t pause anytime I want. So I think that would be an issue for me in the Sims for sure.

If the game goes multiplayer-only, it’s time for me to say goodbye.

It's multiplayer in any form. Whether it be an aspect or the full game; the multiplayer part of it.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    When I first started The Sims I was very much for it but what I've read and heard since then has turned my opinion. Still sounds like it could be a great thing but the trolls would quickly ruin it, and I with all the lingering bugs I think a multiplayer version would be much worse.
    The cake is a lie
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I simply wouldn’t buy it unless there was a single player option, and nothing was locked with multiplayer mode. My kids play multiplayer games, and I’ll just say I want no part of that environment in my limited downtime.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Absolutely Not
    No. I love you all but I don‘t want any of you in my game. I‘m also concerned about how this all would work. There is no pause or double speed in multiplayer games. Mods and CC are usually restricted or not allowed at all. Multiplayer is recent times is synonymous with microtransactions and we all know about how much EA loves their microtransactions and loot boxes. How does EA plan to protect minors from creepy predators? The Sims is known for their young female fanbase so I’m sure an online multiplayer mode would attract a lot of not so nice people. Then there are trolls, griefers, etc. I don‘t want any of this. If The Sims goes multiplayer I‘m out.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Sims 4 already farts rainbows with none of the danger that was in the earlier games. I can only imagine MP would remove even more interactions like Woohoo and Mods to protect the teen user base. Plus if you think their pack system is bad now just wait until we have an actual MTX system like EA likes. No thank you.
    I'm on the fence
    No. I love you all but I don‘t want any of you in my game. I‘m also concerned about how this all would work. There is no pause or double speed in multiplayer games. Mods and CC are usually restricted or not allowed at all. Multiplayer is recent times is synonymous with microtransactions and we all know about how much EA loves their microtransactions and loot boxes. How does EA plan to protect minors from creepy predators? The Sims is known for their young female fanbase so I’m sure an online multiplayer mode would attract a lot of not so nice people. Then there are trolls, griefers, etc. I don‘t want any of this. If The Sims goes multiplayer I‘m out.

Those are some very good points!
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Absolutely not. I can't believe the amount of people on Instagram who've asked for multiplayer :s

Were there really people asking for multiplayer on IG? I wouldn‘t be surprised if they‘re EA bots.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Not really
    Although I currently play an MMO I am not really on board with the Sims being a MMO. The game I'm playing can be played solo as well as with random players and friends. I think the Sims as an MMO would be intrusive. We like the sandbox appeal, having other people in the mix would take that away. There have been other older iterations of Sims MMOs, they can always resurrect one of those games instead and leave the single players alone.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I'm not a fan of multiplayer in general, and even less so for the Sims. I'm a selfish Simgod. This is my game, my house, my worlds, my Sims and my story. I don't want extra drivers in my car.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Any kind of multiplayer functionality will be the end of the Sims for me.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Absolutely Not
    If it became purely multiplayer, I would just have to stick with the Sims 4 for as long as was possible. I have no interest in multiplayer whatsoever. As others have said, I want to have my own worlds, creations and stories. I am a bit of a control freak, lol.

Plus I noticed a comment that someone posted in another thread about this issue that I hadn't thought of. The issues that multiplayer could cause! They mentioned that a thirty year old Simmer could woo-hoo with another players sim and find that they are like, thirteen! I could see serious problems developing there.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not
    Multiplayer is the wrong direction for the sims, it's too much of a trade off just to make it possible for people to play with each other.

It also goes against everything that I feel made the sims popular, creativity, being able to do what you want, play with life etc. are all going to be limited in multiplayer.
  • RipleyrawrRipleyrawr Posts: 273 Member
    Not really
    Multiplayer would have to be its own game. I don't want to play the sims with other people.
    iBVfjxN.gif
    Breadquanda is my spirit animal.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Not really
    I said this somewhere else. I could see people wanting to play with their friends and while that's not me, I could understand catering to it. It reflects a lot of games out there. I literally know people who throw gaming parties with their friends and I could see them trying to appeal to those people.

An MMO does not appeal to me. I have seen other games out there that looked visually attractive or that let people play a certain amount per day unless they pay. That does not interest me. I also agree that it would be pretty creepy to have people playing with realistic avatars in some sort of fantasy online dating / ultra violent game full of micro-transactions and players running their own businesses inside the game. That's not what the Sims has been even in TS4. It has been done before and it tends to be creepy.

Social spin-offs aren't for me but yes, if it's the main new base then I'm skeptical that I would play it.

One other factor is that for example, as someone who isn't single, I have no issue with whatever my sims as characters do in their lives but I would have an issue with playing with an avatar with some virtual other player like that. I don't play the game for that anymore than someone reads a book or watches a film and romantic things happen because the characters are developing. I'm not any of the characters and I guess I've focused a lot on character development. Occasionally there are "bad" characters in my game who make it interesting but I'm not a bad person either.

Multiplayer would involve a lot of people playing as their simselves or as idealized versions of themselves. Not only is that not how I play but I wouldn't want to be around or participate in much of what would probably happen.

I like this being an open-ended imaginative game that lets you be creative when you have time and that maybe gives different ways to do that. Sometimes people want more direction or specific activities but it's all optional. It's fun and unique but turning it in that direction would make it like most other games out there.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not
    I'm also against the concept of multiplayer. I think the Sims is a very personal type of game, and having other people intrude on that in real time would ruin it. Your world is yours to do with as you please, and adding in random strangers just opens the door to all kind of issues. Even if there was multiplayer like hosting other players, there would still be those people who would make their house shaped like a pp or something which would just ruin the experience for everyone. I don't see what there would be to gain from this either, as it would basically boil down to a twisted dating app where people just have their friends over so they could woohoo everywhere. So no, multiplayer will absolutely ruin the Sims.

I'm not opposed to sharing things though. Spore did well with other players' lifeforms being able to be pulled from the "gallery" to populate random planets, and I thought that was kind of fun. If the Sims did that where it populated the world's random townies with Sims from the Gallery, that would be interesting and could make worlds feel fresher. I also liked what they did with the entertainers in Showtime, where they could visit other players' venues and perform for profit. I could see that being a fun feature, like sending your celebrity to the servers to randomly pop up in other players' games to put on shows or events and stuff, and returning with the profits.