Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2021
    *Updated my June 14th post above! Need to feed my cats and get some sleep, but I'll start on comments first and perhaps have them finished before I log off. Hope y'all have a great day/night! <3

Well, I guess I don't need to comment yet, nobody's posted since I did! :D Anyway, I'll be back later tonight to comment if anyone has by then. :)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Update 165 - Saturday Skating

bhnG9Ll.jpg
    Jules and Emmett decided they wanted to take Ruby out and spend some time doing something fun with her. Ruby may have been excited now about the prospect of a baby brother or sister, but things were going to change a lot for her once Jules' pregnancy progressed and the baby came along, so they were determined to savor these moments together before things got too stressful and busy. They decided to take her to the Oasis Springs Roller Rink, since Ruby had never been skating before.
    9itNXYg.jpg
    (This is a gallery find I edited, but it's been in my game for so long now - before I even started this challenge - so I really couldn't even tell you who the original creator was, sorry)

They all got fitted for their skates, and then it was time to hit the rink! Ruby was a bit apprehensive as she stood on the edge of the rink, summoning the courage to try this new activity.
    LsdzWwE.jpg

She watched Jules and Emmett take a few laps before she felt ready to try it out herself.
    bUZHETn.jpg

Hey, this isn't too bad, she thought to herself as she slowly began to make her way around the rink.
    G3PoE3p.jpg

Oof, she had spoken too soon...
    ctZL0oK.jpg

But she picked herself up and with determination, she began to try again, finding that she was slowly starting to get the hang of it.
    XWXTyfx.jpg

"You having fun, kiddo?" Jules asked as she zoomed past her.
    UL1XIyO.jpg

"Yep!" Ruby called after her, watching in admiration as Jules did an elegant spin. "Can you teach me how to do that?"
    xQ4G3VE.jpg

It took a lot of practice, but Jules was patient with her guidance and later that afternoon, Ruby had really gotten the knack of skating.
    ndx92Z0.jpg

It was a beautiful day, so they decided to have lunch outside. Emmett grilled up some hotdogs for the family (this boy really needs to raise his cooking skill lol, he's only at like a level 2 :D)
    PA3DP3j.jpg
    YunP0a0.jpg

Ruby had to work on her Outdoor Adventurer scouting badge, so she caught a frog to take with her to her meeting later that afternoon.
    cdqentV.jpg

Then, they fished.
    iHtXsMM.jpg

"Hey, I have a fun idea," Jules suggested. "I know that you've been wanting a kitten, and while this isn't quite the same," she admitted, "But we could fill up a container of water and keep the fish we catch today and you could start your own aquarium! I feel like that's a manageable pet to start with. What do you think, kiddo?"

Ruby liked that idea, so they dropped Ruby off at her scouting meeting, and on their way home, they stopped at a pet store to get an aquarium. Ruby was thrilled to see it all set up when she returned home. (Gotta love the sims, getting a giant aquarium would not be quite this simple in real life :D)
    a2MUxNv.jpg

Ruby happily watched her fish swim around and began to decide on names for all of them. (Thanks @Karababy52 for providing the inspiration for an aquarium :smile:)

And look who showed up again...
    I think Lydia really wanted to show off the makeover I gave her the other day (She's only inside since Jules' house doesn't have a proper front door)
    RxhDDlG.jpg

She didn't stay long though haha
    aidBU3F.jpg
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    June 15
    Week 7 Wednesday

2021-06-12-06_16_38-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    I am finally done with school and now I just have to wait until June 24 for my official points, but it looks positive that I'll be graduating soon. I'm going to try and catch up soon, but for today I'm going to take it slow and play something different than Bryon. No worries, I still love Bryon, but sometimes I just need to do something else ;p I'll be back, probably tomorrow.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited June 2021
    @SoulGal7
    I realized I never responded to your comment the other day - thanks for shared excitement about Jules' next baby :) I hope you are doing well - looking forward to more of Sakura's story once you have the time to update <3

@Karababy52
    Very classy daily shot. Sometimes autonomy days are a lot of fun, even when our sims are just goofy and make questionable choices the entire time haha. I've noticed that with the bar and super sims too - they will almost always gravitate to a bar when left to their own devices, no matter what else is on the lot. For that reason, I often keep bars in my inventory until I need them when playing with autonomy full time just since they do tend to go a little crazy with the drink making haha. It was fun to see what your household decided to do without you directing them!

@Ellupelluellu
    I very much enjoyed Melody going to check on Mother to make sure she was still dead, nice little story point :) And
    I have a feeling Melody will know why she's feeling off very soon :) Nice job aspiration hopping too by having Melody work on the musical aspiration, the official name of which I forget too haha.

@DivieOwl Nice tumblr! And nice backstory for SueZee. I like that you have a bucket list for her too, very cute.

@IllusoryThrall
    I've been playing a 100 baby challenge recently, so I have a new appreciation for you playing this huge family AND telling a story. There is no story with my 100 baby challenge. Just survival :D So I do admire that you've taken on the challenge of playing a big, needy family for this challenge.
    Her last thought was wondering exactly why she was so darn tired lately.
    Wondering if she might be feeling so worn out because she might be pregnant? Just me speculating, but I know you have an empty spot now in your house so the thought crossed my mind :)

@sassytxbrat So is Batuu just like any vacation world, where you can stay as long as you want as long as you keep extending the vacation and have the funds?
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited June 2021
    Hi All! This is a bit long and picture-heavy...but it is a party. Enjoy!

June 7 - Graduation-Engagement Party - Part 2 - Party Time

sakura-i-love-you-tonight-we-dream.png
    Sunday morning, Wolfgang helped Sakura pack up her belongings. Once they were done, the house seemed rather bare without Sakura's personal touches. Sakura looked around the conservatory and thought how many memories this house held for her, both good and bad.

int-he-morning-they-packed-up-sakuras-things.png

Sakura: "This place has so many memories for me, Wolfgang. It's kind of sad that I'm leaving. I love the island, and I do love Windenburg."

Wolfgang: "Don't worry, Sakura, we'll be back. And just think, we'll make new memories, in a new place. It won't be so bad, now that we are together."

Sakura: "You're right. I am excited about Del Sol Valley, but I have made some good friends here. I'm going to miss them."

last-kiss-int-he-house-together.png

Wolfgang: "Sakura...everything will work out, you'll see. But there is one memory that I want you to remember about this house..."

Sakura: "What's that?"

Wolfgang: "This..." he said as he kissed her tenderly.

Sakura smiled at him and they headed upstairs to change. Sergio and Joaquin came by with their wagon to help them to the dock with all their luggage. Wolfgang and Sakura were being picked up on the mainland by Gunther and then later an airport shuttle was driving them from the Munch house to the airport. Joaquin and Sergio said they would see them later at the party.

i-am-excited-wolfgang.png

When they were ready to go, they headed outside.

Sakura: "Wolfgang, you look so handsome. I feel so lucky to have you in my life..."

Wolfgang looked at her and held her hands in his: "Sakura, you're always gorgeous, and I think I am the lucky one...I love you Sakura..."

special-place-for-me-because-this-is-where-i-met-you.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

almost-at-once-everyone-came-out.png

They arrived at Wolfgang's house and almost the minute they got there, his Mom and Lucas came running out of the house to greet them.

Mila hugged Wolfgang right away: "Oh son, you look so happy. Congratulations!"

congrats-son-you-look-happy.png

She then went to Sakura and gave her a hug, too, "My dear, Sakura, I am so very happy that you are going to be part of our family. In fact, you already are..."

sakura-my-dear-so-nice-to-see-you-again.png

As they parted, Sakura saw that Mila had tears in her eyes.

Mila: "This is just such a happy day. You have done so well for yourself, Wolfgang. Graduated with Honors in Physics! And starting an exciting job in Del Sol Valley...on a movie! And the best part of all, getting engaged to Sakura."

Of course, Lucas by-passed his brother and went straight to Sakura for a hug.

sakura-im-so-happy-you-came-today.png

Lucas: "Sakura...Sakura!...You're here! We're having a big party for you and Wolfgang! So did Wolfgang kiss you? Because I told him to."

did-wolfgang-kiss-you-i-told-him-to.png

Sakura looked at Wolfgang with a puzzled look and just laughed, "Well, yes, Lucas, Wolfgang did kiss me..."

Lucas: "Did you like it?"

yes-he-did-lucan.png

Sakura smiled shyly and looked at Wolfgang, "Actually, yes, Lucas, I liked Wolfgang's kiss..."

Lucas: "I knew you would. And now, you're getting married. Elsa told me about this movie she watched, and the guy and girl in the movie kissed and then they got married. I am going to tell her that movie was soooo right...!"

you-kissed-and-now-you-are-going-to-get-married.png

Sakura blushed, "Oh really?" she laughed.

Wolfgang came over towards Sakura, "But Lucas, it's not just the kiss...it's how you feel about each other, like there is no-one else in the world you want to be with..." he said as he kissed Sakura on the cheek as Lucas watched them.

i-cant-wait-to-tell-elsa-she-was-right.png

Lucas: "Yeah, okay, I get it. But I still think it's the kiss...if you don't like the kiss you're not going to marry...that's what I think..."

They all laughed and Mila had them head inside.

and-then-lucan-sakura.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

While Mila busied herself in the kitchen and Gunther put their luggage in Mila's bedroom, Sakura and Wolfgang went out back. The place looked incredible.

Sakura: "Wolfgang! The place is beautiful! Your Mom did so much work for this party. I can't begin to thank her."

Wolfgang: "Actually, Mom had some helpers come over and help her. She and Clara Bjergsen made most of the food. And Gunther and Hugo Villareal hung all the decorations. And Dominic Fyres installed the dance floor and the DJ booth. Because of this party, Mom and Clara are actually thinking of opening their own catering business now. They've actually already had several party requests..."

Sakura: "Well, it's fantastic...and your Mom is such a good cook. I think she will do very well in that business..."

mila-served-lots-of-food.png

Wolfgang: "I think so, too. And I know we haven't talked about it...but my Mom was really hoping to help you plan the wedding. No rush, though...I wasn't sure what you wanted to do, or where you wanted to be married..."

Sakura: "Oh Wolfgang, your mother is so wonderful. You know, I really don't have any family, and I was raised in a village outside of Mt. Komorebi, but I don't think I want to be married in Mt. Komorebi...because..."

Wolfgang: "It's okay, Sakura, I think I understand why. Well, what about here...in Windenburg? Have you visited the Von Haunt Estate? I was in another club and we used to meet there. It is a beautifully restored estate..."

the-place-is-gorgeous.png

Sakura: "You never told me you belonged to another club."

Wolfgang: "Yes, it was sort of a chess club. It was called Knights of the Hedge, because there is this huge maze at the estate. Trust me...it really is beautiful. When we get to Del Sol Valley, you can look it up on-line." [photo of Von Haunt Estate in summer courtesy of Wiki]

van-haunt-estate-summer.png

Sakura: "Yes, Windenburg would be a nice place to get married..."

Wolfgang: "I think that would make my Mom happy, too. What about two weeks' from now? The day after Winterfest?"

Sakura looked at him in surprise, "So soon? I...I...don't even have a dress..."

Wolfgang looked at Sakura, "Too soon then? I just thought since probably everyone would be at the party...we could just tell them then. Most of our friends live here or close by..."

your-mother-went-through-a-lot-of-trouble.png

Sakura looked at Wolfgang: "I think that is a wonderful idea, Wolfgang, and I know how you like snow..."

Wolfgang went to a table and came back with a red rose for her, "Sakura, my love, you have made me the happiest sim ever. I can't wait to start my life with you..."

happy-engagement-my-love.png

Sakura: "Oh Wolfgang, thank you, it's beautiful. And I can't wait to spend my life with you, too. I will coordinate everything with your Mom, if she doesn't mind..."

Wolfgang: "She actually suggested it and I am glad you agreed, because I already put a deposit down on the hall. The estate is decorated so beautifully for Winterfest...I'm going to ask River if he could be my best man."

wolfgang-ty.png

Sakura: "In Mt. Komorebi, it is normally tradition for the parents of the bride to walk the bride down the aisle...but I was wondering if I could ask Joaquin and Sergio. They have been like my big brothers since I moved here. What do you think?"

Wolfgang smiled, "Sakura, I think they will both be thrilled to do that."

Sakura looked at him, "Wolfgang...remember when you thought I was pregnant...you didn't tell your mother that I was...did you? Does she think I am expecting and that is why she thought we should get married quickly?"

Wolfgang shook his head, "No...well...I did tell her you were...when I thought you were...but you weren't...but no, she knows you're not pregnant. You're not, right? Or are you now...um...since we've been together?"

Sakura smiled, "No, Wolfgang...I'm not yet...but when I am...you'll be the first one I tell..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They quickly took a photo together. But their moment together alone was interrupted with the arrival of the guests, Luna came over first.

engagement-photo.png

Sakura: "Luna, so...what I wanted to tell you on graduation day...I'm engaged...to Wolfgang...and I found out tonight that we're getting married in two weeks here at the Von Haunt Estate...and I sooo want you to be my maid of honor with Sofia. And I'm leaving for Del Sol Valley after the party, so we'll have to do all the arrangements by zoom meetings. I don't even have a dress yet..."

omg-sakura-your-engaged.png

Luna held her hands to her face in a shocked expression, "Sakura! Oh my plumbobs! Let's see that ring! It's gorgeous...yes, yes, I will be your maid of honor...don't worry about a thing...Sofia and I live here...we'll do whatever you need us to do..."

Sakura: "Oh Luna, I knew I could count on you. Mrs. Munch is going to coordinate everything, so you'll be working with her..."

Sofia came over to them then and as soon as Sakura told her the news, she was jumping up and down hugging Sakura.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Throughout the night, Wolfgang and Sakura chatted with everyone and told them the news of the up-coming wedding. Most everyone who was there was positive they would be able to attend.

jules-is-the-carerer.png

Jules was catering for the evening, but was more interested in partying than cooking.

you-did-it-bro.png

Bryon offered Wolfgang his congratulations on his engagement.

joaquin-pic.png

Joaquin came over to speak with Sakura and she told him the news.

Joaquin: "Alors! (So) You took my advice...you found a man at university...non? Wolfgang...I knew...he was the man for you. Now...tell moi toute..toute...toute...(all-everything). I want to know every petit (little) detail...and mon cher...of course I will be there for the wedding...Je suis si content pour toi (I am so happy for you)."

dominc-and-joaquin.png

Looks like Joaquin is already making plans for a DJ service for Sakura's wedding with Dominic Fyres.

jeb-was-there.png

Jeb arrived and was incognito with his famous brown bag. The guy seems really shy in crowds.

essa-arrives-in-winter-wear.png

astrid-rohan.png

Essa, from the Plumbobs group arrived, as well as Astrid, who went right to the dance floor as soon as she arrived.

wolf-watching-sakura-on-dance-floor.png

Wolfgang watching Sakura dance on the dance floor...um...what are you looking at Wolfgang?

Wolfgang: "I was wondering if you had a spot free on your dance card to dance with your fiance?"

getting-down-with-his-fiance.png

Sakura: "For you...I'll make a spot...plus...I thought you would never ask..."

river-heats-up-the-dance-floor.png

River shows off some wild dance moves on the dance floor.

the-entertainement.png

Jules does, too...well, she tried...Ooof!

Lucas came over to where Sakura was standing holding a gift out to her.

Lucas: "Mom said you were going to be leaving soon, and I wanted to give you this gift before you left."

mom-said-i-could-give-you-your-gift-now.png

Sakura: "Lucas, you didn't have to get me anything...but thank you..." she said as she opened it. Inside was a trio of planter pots, hand painted with smiling faces. When Sakura saw them she almost cried.

Lucas: "Wolfgang called Mom and said that the original planter pots I made for you got smooshed in the move. So, I painted some more, and Mom picked out the plants. You can put them in your new house in Del Sol Valley..."

oh-my-gosh-what-a-wonderful-gift.png

Sakura smiled at Lucas, "Oh, Lucas...I will treasure these and won't let anything happen to them..."

Sakura thought of Wolfgang and saw him with a glass of nectar near the bar area looking at her. She went over to him.

great-party.png

Sakura: "Wolfgang, I heard what you did...about the planter pots...thank you..."

Wolfgang: "Yeah, well...you know...if it hadn't been for those stolen planter pots, you might have stayed in residence. So, yeah...they're special...you needed to have them again."

Sakura: "I actually got you a gift..." she said as she picked up a gift box and handed it to him.

another-great-gift.png

Wolfgang: "For me?" he asked and opened it. Inside was a mini robot that lit up.

Sakura: "It's just a little something...more a congratulations on your job. It's just to remind you to never give up on your dreams. And now...you'll get to build that robot you have always wanted to."

Wolfgang: "Sakura...this means so much to me...and...I...I got you a little something, too..." he said as he picked up a gift and gave it to her.

Sakura opened it carefully and inside was a framed photo of the two of them.

opening-gifts.png

Wolfgang: "It's a photo from when we were teens...I think it's the first photo I have of us together...it was at your first party...and I didn't even wear all black...I thought you'd like to have a photo of us when we were young...when we started out as friends...so that you can look back when we're older and see how we looked without wrinkles..." he laughed.

Sakura: "Wolfgang...you looked handsome then...you look handsome now...and I will love you in the future...when you are even more handsome, wrinkles and all..."

the-best-gift-of-all.png

Wolfgang: "Oh Sakura...you always know just the right thing to say and that's why I love you..." he said as he took her in his arms and kissed her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mila announced that the cake would be served and Wolfgang and Sakura headed over to help cut the cake Someone threw some confetti at them as they stood there and they laughed. This was such a great party.

such-a-great-night.png

cake-final-deseert.png

Wow! Look at the lineup for the cake! Bryon and Jenny are the first to get a piece.

jules-melody-sakura.png

Sakura chats with Lucas, Jules and Melody. I really do think that Lucas has a little crush on his soon to be sister-in-law.

so-in-love.png

Enjoying some time together and chatting with Roxanne.

end-of-the-night.png

Jenny and Sophia came over to chat with Sakura and Wolfgang.

dance-with-clara-and-sergio.png

Sakura dances one last dance with Clara and Sergio.

Jacques Villareal arrived late to the party looking rather cold. Maybe the cold would deter him from streaking tonight like he did at Sakura's birthday party.

late-arrival.png

And pretty soon, it was time to leave.

mom-thanks-for-the-great-party.png

Wolfgang went over to his Mom and gave her a hug and thanked her so much for the party. He told her he would call her when they landed.

it-will-be-so-wonderful-having-you-as-a-daughter-in-law.png

Sakura hugged Mila as well, "Mrs. Munch, thank you so much for this party. The food was so delicious and the decorations were so pretty. Thank you for doing this for us...for me..."

Mila: "Sakura...when I first met you , I knew you were special. It just took Wolfgang awhile to figure that out himself, and I'm glad he did. I am so happy for the two of you. You know, Sakura, I always wanted a daughter...and if you want...you can call me Mila...or Mom..."

They parted and both had tears in their eyes, "That would make me so happy...Mom...I will be in touch about the wedding plans..."

Mila: "You don't worry about anything, Sakura...your wedding will be the talk of Windenburg...everything will be perfect..."

and-they-are-gone.png

Wolfgang and Sakura headed outside as their airport limo pulled up. Wolfgang looked at Sakura and thought how sexy she looked.

Wolfgang: "You know...when we land in Del Sol Valley, it will still be early...and I am really looking forward to seeing you in that bikini..."

Sakura blushed: "Oh Wolfgang..." she said as Wolfgang helped her into the car.

airport-limo-had-arrived-rev.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Extra Photos & Notes:

It was Skill Day in the game and for some reason when Sakura tried to do a party, none of the party objectives pull down menu came up, so she wasn't able to complete a silver party. But the funny thing was that I had to do the party twice. The first time, the caterer ended up being Kiyoshi, and I said - no way! So, that got cancelled, then the next caterer was Jules, who didn't actually prepare any food because Mila was in the kitchen the whole time autonomously cooking up a storm. Mila probably didn't think there was enough food. lol Also, the candles on the cake were just to prevent sims from eating their engagement cake until it was time to do so. In fact, Mila autonomous made another white cake. And it's a good thing because that cake had to be used, too.

how-is-kiyoshi-the-carerer.png

Last chapter when I went into the Ito household to take a quick photo of Kiyoshi writing the letter to Sakura, I thought I would check up on Kaori. I had moved Kaori into their house as well, and yep, preggers.

KAORI-PREGGERS.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited June 2021
    @permanentrose
    So is Batuu just like any vacation world, where you can stay as long as you want as long as you keep extending the vacation and have the funds?
    Actually it is free to be there and there is no time limit on her stay, although time still passes if aging is on. She just stays until she decides to go home. There aren't any rentals, only a hostel-type rabbithole where she can sleep, shower, and pee. She has to buy food from the vendors or the cantina. There are also tents in the resistance camp. The money is different and so is her inventory. All of her simoleons and personal inventory from home are hidden while she is here. She earns credits instead of simoleons and has a special personal inventory while she is here. She can take what she collects here back home with her.

edit: and I will be glad when she is done and can go home. Short attention span lol. This is the first time I have completed the Star Wars aspirations though, so glad to get it all done.
    ~Teresa~
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited June 2021
    Oasis Springs: Day Fifteen - Bad Decisions
    06-14-21_7-09-11-pm.jpg
    Long post, but very important story-wise
    It was a Tuesday. And poor Bennie had been called into the living room where Marnie and one of the twins (Brett, but Bennie sure didn’t remember his name) were watching TV. “What do you want, woman?” asked Bennie, mostly good-naturedly. He had been about to go clean the grill outside. It was a nice day, and he was planning to grill some steaks for dinner later. That was pretty much all that was on his mind.

“I have some.. interesting … news, Bennie, honey.” Marnie started, a little hesitantly.

The tone of her voice got Bennie’s attention more than the words. “WHAT?” he bit out, wishing she would just get to the point. She never called him honey.

“I took a test this morning. I’m pregnant.” Marnie smiled at him, completely missing the shock turning to anger on Bennie’s face. “We’re going to have another baby!”
    06-14-21_7-09-54-pm.jpg
    “We’re … WHAT??!??” yelled Bennie, nearly choking on his BLT. “This isn’t possible! You said the new birth control was practically foolproof!” In a rage, he flung his sandwich across the room, and the plate shattered against the wall. Brett, wisely, decided watching TV wasn’t what he wanted to do and he crawled off the couch quietly and headed downstairs.

“Accidents happen!” Marnie exclaimed defensively, suddenly worried she may have gone a bit too far.

She stood up to go clean up the mess of the shattered plate, refusing to say anything else.
    06-14-21_7-10-57-pm.jpg
    After she cleaned it up, Bennie confronted her again, grabbing her arm. “And you’re sure about this??” he growled. “You’re not just pulling my leg, or jumping to conclusions with a false positive, are you?”

“Bennie, I wouldn’t do that to you. I waited until I was sure to tell you. I’ve been feeling really run down lately, and I wasn’t sure why, so I got a couple tests and I tried both. Both came back positive. It’s a good thing we have this new, big, house, right?” She said, trying to appear cheerful and like the thunderous look on Bennie’s face wasn’t actually there.

Saying nothing, Bennie turned on his heel and stomped away from Marnie. He really just had nothing else to say at the moment. Not anything that could be printed, at least.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Later, having not seen Bennie again, Marnie pulled out her winter gear, and told Jaz to do the same. Newcrest, after all, was colder than Oasis Springs. Excitedly, Jaz got ready for the long bus ride across towns again.

After arriving, Marnie sat down on the couch, thinking quietly to herself. Dr. Gemma came out of her office almost right away, and Jaz followed her inside, shutting the door behind them.
    06-03-21_7-37-11-pm.jpg
    Gemma and Jaz discussed the week, asking if anything had happened.. and then Gemma apologized for not calling her this week.

Jaz looked at her, startled, having mostly forgotten that Gemma was supposed to talk to the school and get back to her. “So, what happened?” Jaz asked, curiously.
    06-02-21_10-13-06-pm.jpg
    “I’ve been arguing with the school system all week. They keep saying they can’t allow you to use a private bathroom anytime you need to go without the parent’s knowledge and permission. So, we’re basically back at square one until you want to tell your parents that you’re non-binary.” Gemma explained. “That doesn’t mean you have to come out right away. Just that you’re going to have to keep finding times when other kids aren’t around to use the bathroom for a while more.”
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    06-14-21_7-13-40-pm.jpg
    Out in the hallway, Marnie’s thoughts were far, far away. A secret smile stole across her face and she felt her still-flat (ish) abdomen. Accident, indeed. Benji’s life success had impressed her so much that she had figured maybe she was a better parent than she had thought. Myles was a great kid, and all three of her children had managed to get A’s this quarter. She missed the baby stage. The twins were too independent now to really scratch the itch for cuddling a baby. Plus, Bella just had a new baby, and maybe the two could grow up together. It would be so much fun to set up play dates with Bella and the two babies as they grew up….
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    .. Back in the office, clueless to Marnie’s thoughts, Jaz and Gemma were talking conspiratorially, trying to figure out what to do.
    06-02-21_10-14-16-pm.jpg
    “You know what?” Jaz finally said. “I just have to get my parents to sign the paperwork, right? I mean, coming out can’t be all that bad. It’s not like it’s going to change who I am, it only changes the pronouns I use and how I see myself. But I’ve already been seeing myself like that, so I guess it’s time other people did, too.” She smiled at Gemma, who was looking at her with a concerned impression.

“It’s not always quite that easy, sweetie.” Gemma started, then glanced at her watch. This was her last appointment of the day, and she knew Marnie and Jaz had to catch the last bus before it got much later. She couldn’t extend the session any farther. “But if that’s what you want to do…?”

“Definitely.” Jaz said, grinning. “I’ll be fine, Gemma, don’t worry. I’ll get everyone in the living room and tell them tonight. Then I’ll just get them to sign the papers. If anything goes wrong, I have your card.”

“That’s true enough.” Gemma said, smiling, and stood up to walk with Jaz and Marnie down the stairs.
    06-14-21_7-19-22-pm.jpg
    As they left the Center’s front door, Gemma impulsively gathered Jaz into a hug, whispering so Marnie couldn’t hear, “I will be thinking of you. I wish you the very best, sweetie.”

Jaz hugged Gemma back, surprised. She .. no.. THEY… (they thought to themselves) couldn’t remember the last hug they’d gotten from an adult. Riding on a real high, Jaz couldn’t imagine anything going wrong, and couldn’t wait to get home and tell their whole family. The twins, of course, wouldn’t understand yet, but families are about supporting each other, right?
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    (Trigger Warning: bullying)
    After the bus ride home, Marnie wearily sat down on the couch, too tired to put her winter gear away yet, and waited for the storm that was likely to occur when Bennie got home from his Tuesday night gig.
    06-14-21_7-25-23-pm.jpg
    Bennie came home in a great mood. He was one gig closer to a promotion. He could just SENSE that his “big break” was coming soon. (He had forgotten, probably purposely, that conversation this morning. Startled, he noticed the entire family except for the twins seemed to be waiting for him.

“What’s going on?” he said, suspicious, and then remembered what Marnie had told him this morning. Surely she wasn’t planning on telling the kids already?!
    06-14-21_7-25-40-pm.jpg
    “Jaz has something she wants to tell us, apparently.” Marnie said, smiling wearily and looking over at Jaz.
    06-14-21_7-25-54-pm.jpg
    “Okay. This might sound a little weird, but I really want to tell you guys what I’ve found out through Gemma’s help. I’m NOT a girl.” Jaz started, grinning from ear to ear.

Marnie and Bennie were looking at Jaz with bewildered looks, while Myles and Phoenix had turned to their parents for support with confused looks on their faces.
    06-14-21_7-25-57-pm.jpg
    “Now, that’s not what it sounds like. I’m not a boy either. I’m actually non-binary. I’m somewhere in between. That’s why I have so many problems going to the bathroom with people around. It’s not just a privacy issue.”
    06-14-21_7-26-07-pm.jpg
    “So, from now on, if you could just use the pronouns “they” and “them” for me, that would be great. Oh – and I have a couple papers for you guys to sign so I can use the teachers lounge bathroom. Not a big deal, really.” Jaz concluded THEIR “explanation”, and grinned happily at THEIR family. In their mind, this was an easy to solve situation. There shouldn’t be any problem getting them to sign papers that would help Jaz every day in school, right?
    06-14-21_7-26-22-pm.jpg
    The LAST thing she expected… was that their entire family would break out in loud laughter, clearly at their expense. Expressions of disbelief and hilarity crossed every single one of their faces, and the longer it continued, the more Jaz felt embarrassed.
    06-14-21_7-26-48-pm.jpg
    “It’s not funny. I’m being serious.” Jaz said, looking down. The laughter didn’t stop, and in fact they were all laughing even harder. Sighing, and turning red all the way to their hairline, Jaz told them, “Fine. Forget I said anything. It’s not a big deal. And it’s certainly not this funny.”

Jaz sat there, feeling their heart sink into their chest in a big, tight, lump. Crazily, they felt like crying. Well, if their family reacted this way, perhaps this wasn’t a good time to tell their friends, either. They felt hot tears rising, and started to get up from the couch, but Marnie stopped them.
    06-14-21_7-26-58-pm.jpg
    “Well, while we’re all here, I might as well tell you. Bennie and I are expecting again. You’re going to have another brother or sister in about 8 months!” Marnie said, grinning from ear to ear, trying to ignore the daggers Bennie was glaring into her back. She looked at the startled looks on her now-quiet family’s faces… and decided discretion was definitely the better part of valor. Marnie stood up and left the room to put her winter gear away, already having forgot what Jaz had brought up just minutes ago.

The boys also stood up to leave the room, and Bennie, exhausted from a long night at work, turned on the TV to wind down for bed. All were silent, reeling over the information of a new Malone entering the world soon. Jaz’s announcement was all but forgotten. For now.
    06-14-21_7-27-41-pm.jpg
    Trying to look at the bright side of things, Jaz walked into the upstairs hall bathroom and tried to give themselves a pep talk. “I’m strong. I’m a fighter. And I am not a GIRL or a BOY. I don’t HAVE to be. I can be what I want to be. Whether they like it or not.” Jaz muttered to the mirror.
    06-14-21_7-27-45-pm.jpg
    Feeling better, Jaz decided it was WAY too late to call Gemma with the bad news, and that they were DEFINITELY not telling any of their friends about this whole thing tomorrow. Being laughed at by their family was enough for one week. It stung, it really did. Jaz truly didn’t understand what could possibly have been funny about what they said, and pushed the feelings down and away. Tomorrow was a new day, after all.
    @DivieOwl - Welcome! SueZee Doser is such a cutie-pie. As you may have noticed from reading some of our stories, some of us have placed the other challenge sims in our games and they "pop" up now and again. Is SueZee available in the gallery? Hope you have fun here, and that is quite the list! Woot! Rags to Riches....oh those benches are hard! lol
    @SoulGal7
    What a great party! I did enjoy seeing Jules shirk her duties just to have a good time, lol. Fun that she was the caterer, and definitely better than Kiyoshi haha. Yeah, I discovered that too in another save that you can't host goaled events on the same day as a holiday, so either you have to have an un-goaled event or cancel the holiday. I guess the sims can't handle keeping track of two sets of goals at one time haha.

I love the idea of using the Von Haunt Estate for the wedding! Such a fabulous idea, since it is a gorgeous estate (so you'll get lots of cool screenshots) and also it's close to Wolfgang's home and meaningful to him since he was in Knights of the Hedge. And yay for Luna to agreeing to be her maid of honor! It really does seem perfect to have the wedding in Windenburg with all the connections the two of them still have there. You throw a great party as usual! And I always love seeing all the challenge sims too - nice to see especially those who haven't been posting anymore, it's nice that they can still be around in our games <3 Lucas is also just the cutest and sweetest little thing. I love how you write him. Really, just great job with your story with Wolfgang and Sakura - so will it be two real time weeks roughly before you get to the wedding? I feel like that's a good plan! And I was curious about Kaori's pregnancy!! I'm excited to see if they have a boy or a girl. Glad that Kiyoshi and Kaori also found their happy ending - that reminds me that I want to pop into my game and make them officially married in my game too, and maybe give them a kid as well :)

@IllusoryThrall
    Oh man, how disheartening for Jaz to feel so happy and confident about their discovery about their pronouns and gender identity, only to have that crushed when their family reacts like that :( I know too often that families often aren't supportive - and it does take some people a long time to wrap their head around gender being a spectrum and people not identifying themselves on the binary. I have hopes that one of their family members will eventually come around and warm up to the idea and be a support, but for now, poor, poor Jaz, feeling alone and a bit crushed. At least they have Gemma to help them sort through this.

And I knew! Another Malone baby! I wonder if this baby will be a boy or a girl...

@sassytxbrat Thank for answering my question! It definitely sounds like an interesting pack, not really related much to any other packs or gameplay. I feel like it would be fun to explore though!

• IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @permanentrose
    That was a terrible post to have to write. I felt the heartbreak as much as Jaz did, I think. I assure you, Jaz will eventually be just fine. Whether or not their family ever learns to accept them for who they really are. And as for the baby - I had no intentions of having another baby until you guys started suggesting it, and I came up with some fun ideas around it. Should be fun!
    June 8 - Del Sol Valley - Vacuous Green - House Tour

house-on-street.png
    I looked at a lot of houses on the gallery for Del Sol Valley, and decided that Wolfgang and Sakura would live in the "valley" or Mirage Park rather than the Pinnacles. Mirage Park has reasonably priced homes and is close to downtown. I chose the empty lot called Vacuous Green for their house. They are right across the street from Vanessa Jeong's (pre-made sim) house.

Sakura really didn't rake in a lot of simoleons when she went to uni, and it was winter when she returned to Windenburg, so not a lot of harvest from her garden. Some of Sakura's harvestables and bee box were put out on the lot.

I also wanted a retro-feel for the house, and liked the decor colors of this house. It was originally a 2-bedroom, 2-bath house, but I converted one of the bedrooms to a walk-in closet. I changed the dining room table and chairs. I added the guitar and piano and retro-stereo. One part of the garage was a fitness area, which I renovated to Wolfgang's work zone. I also added the rocket ship to the lot.

Plus, there are also a lot of woohoo locations in the house! Double bed, shower, closet, hot tub, sauna and, when it's built the rocket ship. This might be the house where Sakura becomes pregnant...you never know. But, let's get her married first. lol

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Some neighborhood shots - this is the playground in their neighborhood.

park-near-where-they-live.png

And, the homeless tents under the freeway. This is rather sad, but true of the real Hollywood with their tent cities.

homeless-under-the-freeway-del-sol.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And now the house tour:

front-view-of-house.png

This is the front of the house. It looks a bit pale, I know, but it is Winter in my game.

back-of-house-del-sol.png

Back of the house, with gorgeous pool and hot tub! First time Sakura has been in a house with a pool.

fountain-in-front-garden-firepuit.png

On the right side of the house is a fountain in front (was the luminary exotic water garden, which I changed) Sakura's garden and a firepit at the back.

garage-left-side.png

Left side of house has their rental car and the garage, which is sectioned into two rooms. One holds the sauna and the other is Wolfgang's work space.

Entering from the front, there is a little covered vestibule area outside the front door, where there was a coat rack. I had put up the Mt. Komorebi "remove shoes" sign, but then removed it because that "remove shoe" animation was getting to me.

vestible-outside-front-door.png

front-hall-entryway.png

When you enter the house, there is an aquarium on the wall stocked with all kinds of fish. I also added the retro-stereo to the hallway.

living-room-area-del-sol.png

open-concept-living-dining-area.png

The living room area is to the left and it was open concept done in 1970s colors of oranges. There was a fireplace and several musical instruments. A dining table and chairs was off to the side. A full bathroom led off from the living room.

kitchen-del-sol.png

The kitchen was spacious and blended well with the rest of the house.

video-music-recordoing-room.png

Going down the hallway to the right, is the office, with a desk, computer, and the media production station. I added the mix master music station and a drone.

mb-del-sol.png

The master bedroom, small but is nice. Added a weight machine and an actor's mirror in here.

walk-in-closet-del-sol.png

Connected to the master bedroom by an archway is a walk-in closet fit for a star.

other-side-walk-in-closet.png

There are two full bathrooms in the house, which are pretty much the same. Love the corner tub.

pure-serenity.png

other-side-of-bathroom.png

The best part of the house is really the backyard, with the gorgeous pool and diving board. There is a hot tub, bar-b-q, bar, and dining table.

beautiful-backyard.png

hot-tub-and-rocket-ship-in-back.png

Outside of the garage is a small basketball court. I added the punching bag and the woodworking table, and, of course, the rocket ship.

ricket-area-and-shed-del-sol.png

The sauna side was left as is, but I converted the other side, which was a fitness area to Wolfgang's work space. In the garden pot, Sakura has a death flower planted.

sauana-area-del-sol.png

work-area-wolf-del-sol.png

An overhead Shot of the House

overview-of-house-del-sol.png

Notes:

Available for download in the gallery. Thanks to this simmer for creating this wonderful build. I love it!

vacuous-green-photo-credit.png
    edited June 2021
    June - Day 15: "Starlight Accolades"

NdCEpDH.png

Notes
    D9Zyz2I.png
    "You look gorgeous Beautiful!"

9dl9lF0.png
    "And you look very handsome Babe!"

12dtrbj.png
    "Are you ready for this?"
    "As ready as I'll ever be. Let's go."

TAeXHD1.png
    The entrance for the Gala was for celebrities only, so Josh could not go inside that way. I could've went in build mode and changed the door to a standard version. But rather than do that, Essa joined Josh to transportalate inside.

3sPxzME.png
    "I'm so glad you're here with me."
    "Of course I am, I wouldn't miss this for anything."

gTSu0bF.png
    They were the only ones in attendance for a little while and then the Host walked in and started clapping/cheering for Essa.

7ptFMyz.png
    Next to arrive was Megumi from Mt. Komorebi and Adam Lambert who clapped and cheered for Essa too. Ellupelluellu's celebrity, Veera, walked through the door next and immediately began to cheer and throw confetti for Adam. Uh oh... I had forgotten Adam had the Star Treatment perk.

nlm9Mbv.png
    I couldn't do anything about Adam until after the awards ceremony, which turned out to be very unfortunate. Notice Essa and Josh are not sitting in the same seats? The reason? They kept getting up to 'celebrate celebrity' and throw confetti for Adam. I kept having to cancel the two of them trying to do that over and over, joining everybody else in the room doing the same thing. *sigh*

OxoOSnL.png
    Finally everyone there so far was sitting and listening to the MC announce award winners.

kWReHs2.png
    But not for long. As more celebrities arrived, the minimal seats were full so they started to kneel wherever they could. Veera of course wanted to be up front where all the action was taking place. Notice Adam frowning? I think he was very annoyed that someone had stolen his front row seat.

jlEVs2l.png
    Adam was so annoyed, it appeared he'd left the awards ceremony! Veera finally found an empty seat, in fact there were many empty seats, but still, celebrities knelt instead of sitting in them. Vlad didn't win an award, he's not even a celebrity. He just *poofed* there as a black mist behind the mic. The Gal with the purple hat is one of my Sims, Lilah Lockhart. She's not a celebrity either and I don't have a clue how she got inside.

Y9xC6ED.png
    Another award was announced, but not for Essa.

sWpPlzF.png
    More announcements, more speeches, more milling around, kneeling, chatting, and Adam was back. He knelt in front after everyone you see standing clapped/cheered and threw confetti for him. Still no award for Essa and then...

77bI7rY.png
    ...it was over. Essa didn't win. She looks a bit upset I think and Adam just looks confused.

w6j0ND1.png
    Josh is still smiling and watching the MC, I don't think he's comprehended yet that it's over and Essa didn't win anything. The blonde behind Essa looks like he's going to cry.

IFN12We.png
    Everyone got up and began leaving, Essa and Josh stood up too, but Josh stopped Essa to give her a kiss on the cheek.
    "It's okay, you'll always be a winner to me. Maybe next time Beautiful."

0xYYZgl.png
    "Aww, you're so sweet. I love you so much, thanks."
    "I love you too Beautiful."

0ZEeNbW.png
    (Wow! Now THAT deserves an award.)

e25xIbh.png
    "Whoever judged this is a fool, your song was amazing! So is your acting skills. Maybe you were meant to win an award for your acting instead!"

8nSIhj4.png
    "It really doesn't matter you know. I don't need any awards. As long as I have you, your love and support, that's all I ever want or need to be happy."
    "In that case, you'll be happy the rest of your life then, and so will I. Let's go home."

MxPUZtZ.png
    Back home after changing out of their formal clothes, Josh went to practice the pipe organ a little and Essa joined him. She enthusiastically gave back to him the support he would always give her in return.

Essa's next gig was in the morning, so after listening for awhile longer, she went to bed and Josh soon followed.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    June 11
    A0Ej0qL.png

Bryons Diary
    P3K1d6j.png
    It’s already 9am and the new nanny still hadn’t arrived.

(Bryon) “Why aren’t they coming? They should’ve been here half an hour ago...”
    (Alex) "Don't be angry, daddy..."
    (Bryon) "Oh, it's wayyyyy too late for that, Alex. WAY too late!"

FXFXIEd.png
    (Alex) "What are you going to do?"
    (Bryon) "Daddy is going upstairs for a while. Can you keep yourself busy?"
    (Alex) "Of course I can!"
    (Bryon) "Good boy"

x9xSp5Y.png
    Time for a ranting vlog. That company will go down!

FcH3aF2.png
    (Well, at least we now know that Bryon really likes doing this, even when mad!)

PJXCs2n.png
    (Naoki) “So, that nanny company idea didn’t work out... I heard from Alex.”
    (Bryon) “Yeah, what a bummer... I still have a headache from my latest vlog...”

0c9Biu7.png
    (Bryon) “Maybe we should ask a family member if they have some free time?”
    (Naoki) “You suddenly gave me the best idea!”
    (Bryon) "I did?"

V7MQzT8.png
    (Naoki) "I mean, yeah! Who would be better for this than Hana? She's old enough to do it, and she loves kids."
    (Bryon) "Hmm... That's not a bad idea, actually..."

WKmq4Op.png
    And just like that, Hana became our new nanny.

(Naoki) “Thank you for doing this, Hana. You’re really saving us here.”
    (Hana) “No problem at all! You know I love kids. Thanks for the opportunity!”
    (Audrey) “I want to play!!”
    June 12
    3zo5PdM.png

Bryons Diary
    Thanks to Hana, both Naoki and I were able to work from home without being interrupted by the kids. It was lovely, really.

(Bryon) “Let’s see… What’s trendy these days?”

ru84707.png
    (Bryon) “Celebrity Life? That’s interesting. Maybe I should go outside with my drone and make some use of those tips Brytani gave me.”

LC4syrl.png
    Naoki was sitting downstairs, talking to Audrey.

(Bryon) “Don’t you have to work too, Naoki?”
    (Naoki) “Ah, yes! I was just hungry so I came here to get some food, but then I got distracted… What about you?”
    (Bryon) “I’m going out with my drone for a while.”
    (Hana) “Oh, are you going to make a vlog with it?”
    (Bryon) “Yep! Well then, see you later.”

71z37MO.png
    It turned out to be a rainy day, but that didn’t stop me from vlogging my new celebrity life.

jVsF3en.png
    Some people recognised me and asked me for an autograph.

(Fan) “Oh, are you vlogging right now?? Will I be in your next episode?!”
    (Bryon) “Of course! You’ll see the video pop up in a few days for sure.”
    (Fan) “Whoaaa!! I’l be in Bryon’s vlog!!”

qlZrXs2.png

VkBBmu8.png
    Besides being recognised, it was also fun to just enjoy the beauty of the museum.

pbjYRZ3.png
    When I got home, I immediately bumped into Alex who wanted some attention from daddy.

(Hana) “I’m sorry, he really wanted to say hello, and he’s so fast!!”
    (Bryon) “Haha, no problem. Daddy missed you too. Did you have a nice day?”
    (Alex) “Yes! Hana, Audrey and I played blocks, painted together, and other stuff too!”
    (Bryon) “I’m happy to hear you both like Hana so much. Where’s Audrey?”
    (Hana) “I was about to put them both in bed. Audrey already fell asleep.”
    (Bryon) "Come on big boy, it's time for you to nap too."

QopkE96.png
    Not much later, Alex was also tucked in. Hana really is great with kids. I'm happy we hired her as our nanny, and not that stupid nanny company.
    June 13
    l9vjN13.png

Bryons Diary
    ylTZj7g.png
    Today felt like a bolt from the blue. And you can take that literally. A few hours ago, I was working at the office as usual, but suddenly a lot of fuss is happening. Apparently our CFO is embroiled in a woohoo scandal…

Because I recently got a lot more famous, eyes came down on me.

(Paparazzi) “Are you going to open an investigation against your own company, Bryon?”
    (Paparazzi) “Do you really want to work in a company like that???”

(Bryon) “I… Eh…”

vI7pqsJ.png
    I didn’t really know what to do, so I agreed to an investigation. Turns out that the CFO did nothing wrong. It was all his ex…

…But although his name was cleared, my CFO wasn’t happy at all.

(CFO) “I know you recently got a good name, and how big of an influence you have with your vlogs, but this is getting out of hand, Bryon. I mean, okay, what my ex did is wrong, but did you have to go that far? She won’t be able to have a normal life anymore, thanks to you.”
    (Bryon) “So, you still care about the person that wanted to take you down? I tried to help you out, CFO…”
    (CFO) “I appreciate it, honestly, but… Something like this shouldn’t happen to even your biggest enemy.”
    (Bryon) “I can fix it… Just a little. Just enough for her to not have a miserable life… But CFO…”
    (CFO) “Yes?”
    (Bryon) “For me to do that, I’ll have to quit my job here. If word gets out that I work here, it won’t be good for any of you.”
    (CFO) “You gotta be kidding me… You were our best employee…”
    (Bryon) “I’m sorry, CFO.”
    (CFO) “Well then… I’ll miss you for sure, Bryon. And thank you so much for going through all this trouble.”

4X9ZThs.png
    I walked out of the company, straight home… And then it happened: the bolt from the blue. Immediately afterwards, I felt super sick.

Xs29OWx.png
    (Bryon) “Why is all of this suddenly happening to me…?”

N2gPYBp.png
    I decided to nap for a while and try to forget what happened this morning.

oN9zI12.png
    It worked. I felt so much better afterwards. But then my phone rang. An unknown number.

JG67J6V.png
    (Bryon) “Hello? Bryon speaking.”
    (Agency) “Bryon! I’m so happy to hear you! I’ve been told that you quitted your job?”
    (Bryon) “I did, indeed.”
    (Agency) “In that case, I got just the thing for you!!”

The agency told me they wanted to turn me into an actor.

(Bryon) “An actor? I don’t know about that…”
    (Agency) “You don’t necessarily have to ‘act’! You can play music too, right?”
    (Bryon) “Yeah…”
    (Agency) “Great! I’ll keep in touch with you!”

And just like that, the agency-guy disconnected the call.

(Bryon) “He didn’t even give me a choice…”

qcSPGT6.png
    I walked out of the bedroom, bumping into Hana. For some reason she was wearing fitness clothes.

(Hana) “Do you feel better, Bryon?”
    (Bryon) “Yes, thank you. How are the kids doing?”
    (Hana) “They’re doing great, as you can see!”

f6wxBxX.png
    Not too much later, the agency sent me an e-mail.

(Agency) “Hey Bryon! We’ve selected some gigs for you! I highly recommend the ‘Making Moosic’-gig. You’ll have to practice a bit for it, but I’m positive you make it through the auditions. We’ll stay in contact. Good luck!”

hXbbKmu.png
    So hm, yeah. I guess I got no other choice than to practice my guitar skill…

(Naoki) “You already sound way better, Bryon! I never imagined that crooked guitar to sound so good.”
    (Bryon) “Haha, I’m actually impressed myself. Johnny did a good job with it.”

O85o8q1.png
    Some time later, I got another call. One I… Certainly didn’t expect.

(Bryon) “I mean.. If you think you’re ready, sure, why not? It would be nice for Audrey and Alex to have some alien friends!”
    (Noelle) “You’re right!! Thanks for the advice! We’re going to have a baby!!”

osy8eqg.png
    Yep. I really didn’t want to know that, but now I do. I wish them the best of luck, though.

mr7hko8.png

L2DUd7h.pngmTlLSdD.png
    Before leaving to my audition, I noticed some fan-mail. A package and a letter. I opened both of them.

p5GWzwl.png
    The flirty magic bean (whatever that is) is now standing on the fireplace.

IbPPB6E.png
    8p9LCSx.png
    That fan-mail gave me a great confidence boost, which just might come in handy. I confidently left for my auditions..

wIpV9dG.png
    And came back with good news: I had the job! For some reason this made me very happy. I’ll have a lot of prep work to do tomorrow to make everything work, but I’m looking forward to it!
    *Updated my June 15th post above! I apologize, but comments/replies will have to wait until later tonight. I'll have today's post ready to go at that time as well. Hope y'all have a fantastic day/night! *Hugs* <3
    Update 166 - Dinner Party

NlNHUjl.jpg
    Jules started cooking early the next morning just since she wanted to make sure everything would be prepared in time for Emmett's family coming over later that evening. (This dinner party will fulfill the "Earn Silver on a dinner party" part of the cooking aspiration. I figure while I have the time and the storyline, I might as well knock out some of these milestones :smile:)
    ndDL23V.jpg

Emmett would have helped, but his cooking skill is still so terrible, so he decided to take Pickle for a walk instead.
    37bsHbB.jpg

Kristine asked if she could come over and play, and Jules shooed them both to the basement so they wouldn't be underfoot.
    CAwqsUX.jpg

And once back from walking Pickle, Emmett used their fancy plate settings to set the table.
    TX8kfnW.jpg

Early that evening, his family arrived, admiring the gorgeous decor and architecture as the entered the house. (And yes, I aged both of his parents up to elders, which is why they have both suddenly forgotten how to walk properly...)
    Gj78iWU.jpg

"Thank you so much for having us, Jules," Marin smiled as she greeted her. "It's so good to see you."
    UjoEmDJ.jpg

As Jules prepared a salad, Marin began to talk excitedly about wedding plans. She had a venue in mind for them if they needed some help with that, and Jules thanked her for her willingness to help.
    HKB3rPs.jpg

One of the goals of a dinner party is for three guests to dance at one time. I've never been to a dinner party where I've danced before lol, so it made the most sense for the kids to dance, I guess? LOL
    iu0SHnW.jpg

And then it was time to eat. What an impressive spread, Jules really outdid herself :)
    BonPpTV.jpg

After dinner, all the kids went to explore and play, but Jules and Emmett at his parents stayed at the table. Since all had gone well at the doctor's appointment, they had decided they could tell his parents (and other family members) about the baby.

"We have some unexpected, yet exciting news," Emmett began, and turned to Jules to let her tell the big news.
    TYgH60e.png

"We're going to have a baby," she told them, a grin spreading across her face.
    FhPdSPt.jpg

(I had to capture both their reactions separately since you have to tell each sim one at a time, but I thought it was cute that they both had different, yet positive reactions :smile:)

IHzP3CA.jpg
    nAYxBBP.jpg

Marin turned to Desmond, a smile spanning her whole face. "We're going to be grandparents!"
    i7x4DRy.png

Emmett and his dad cleared away the dishes, and Marin and Jules began to talk some more about some wedding plans.
    rClyOXx.png

Jules wanted to look forward to this special day, but suddenly she was feeling so overwhelmed, thinking about all the things they'd need to do to prepare for the wedding and now the birth of a baby. Plus, she would need to find a wedding dress that could be easily altered to accommodate her growing belly. But she knew Marin meant well, and she was grateful for her help and enthusiasm.

It was nice to have the house to themselves again later.

"You okay?" Emmett asked as they lay in bed later that night.
    YfwF11Q.png

"Yeah, just tired," Jules admitted. "This pregnancy is starting to wear me out already, and there's just so much to think about with the wedding and getting ready for the baby."

"Don't worry about any of that right now," Emmett told her gently. "We have time."

And so she let herself fall asleep in his arms, letting her worries slowly melt away for now.
    kpc3upP.png

--
    Jules and Emmett both feeling iffy about wedding planning is going somewhere as far as the plot goes. I hope it doesn't come off as if they aren't excited for their wedding or anything - I just want to do something different for their wedding than what I usually do with my sims since I've done the big, meticulously planned wedding so many times now. So hopefully it will all fall into place too, and rest assured, they are very much in love and excited to be marrying each other :)

edited June 2021
    June 9 - Del Sol Valley - Arrival

del-sol-valley-sunset-rev.png
    Sakura and Wolfgang had left Windenburg during a snowstorm, but when they arrived in Del Sol Valley, the sun was shining. After gathering their luggage and renting a car, they travelled to a neighborhood called Mirage Park, which was near the downtown area. Professor Lana had secured them a rental home for the month, which was owned by a music producer and his wife, who was an actress. The couple were currently filming an adventure movie in Selvadorada.

Since Wolfgang's job was basically a work-from-home job, the car gave Sakura the freedom to go on job interviews, and also would give them a chance to explore Del Sol Valley on the weekend. Wolfgang definitely wanted to go on a drive up to the Pinnacles, which is where all the rich celebrities lived. Plus, he was told that the view up there was definitely worth the drive.

WOLFGANG-HAD-RENTED-A-CAR-AT-THE-AIRPORT.png

Wolfgang drove up the driveway and parked. The house was situated on a cul-du-sac with a small playground nearby. The house looked to be a one-level house. He helped Sakura out of the car and they just stood looking at the house. It was huge!

front-of-house.png

The lot was surrounded by a wooden privacy fence, and off on the left side of the house was a separate garage. Wolfgang thought this might be where his work area was located, but he wanted to have a look at the main house first.

I-FEEL-LIKE-I-SHOULD-CARRY-YOU-INSIDE.png

As they walked up to the front door, Wolfgang looked at Sakura and smiled, "I know we're not married yet, but I have this feeling like I want to carry you over the threshold. I'm pretty excited, Sakura, about being here with you. Do you realize that since we became a couple that we've only slept in the same bed together twice? We've been in single beds the whole time..."

Sakura: "Um...I don't remember much sleeping going on...." she winked at him.

Wolfgang laughed, "Um....yeah...that's true," he smirked, "But I just feel like I want to mark this occasion, like start a tradition whenever we move..."

Sakura came towards him, "How about this idea?" she said as she put her arms around him and kissed him on the lips.

how-about-this-kiss.png

They parted and Wolfgang smiled at her: "Okay! Now we're talking! I like that tradition!" he answered and took her hand in his and they entered the house together.

were-here.png

Professor Lana had told Wolfgang that the couple who lived here were into a retro vibe, so Wolfgang wasn't sure what to expect when they opened the door. But the inside was beautiful, and there were a lot of orange tones in the house, which gave it a 70s vibe, but it was very tastefully decorated.

fridge-side-kitchen.png

Sakura loved the house the minute she opened the door, She took a look around the kitchen and saw both a coffee maker and a tea maker. Even though she didn't know the couple whose house they were renting, she liked them already.

getting-changed.png

After they toured the house and brought all their luggage inside, Wolfgang got a text message from his new boss who was wondering if he wanted to get a head start on his job and do a small assignment. Wolfgang accepted, and he just had to conduct a product review with a sim, so he asked Sakura about the product, and he was done.
    crash-enginering-course.png

With nothing else planned for the day, Wolfgang asked Sakura if she would like to spend the afternoon by the pool. Sakura thought that sounded like a good idea and they quickly changed into their swim suits.

front-hallway.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When they had changed, they went outside. It was a bit cool out, but when Sakura tested the water, it was warm. Wolfgang came up behind her.

Wolfgang: "Dang Sakura, you look so hot in that bikini!"

oh-yeah-bikini-time.png

Sakura laughed, "Maybe you should get in the water and cool off..."

ok-sakura-backflip-coming-up.png

Wolfgang: "Well if you insist, but I am going to make a grand entrance and do a backflip into the pool. You know, show off my muscles for you..." he said winking at her and heading towards the diving board. [Note: When Wolfgang was on top of the diving board, he autonomously did this. I thought it was funny.]

nice-one-wolf.png

And Wolfgang did a perfect backflip into the pool.

Sakura joined him in the water. Wolfgang was amazed at how warm the water was and figured that it was a heated pool.

this-is-the-life.png

Wolfgang: "Ahhh....this is the life! You know, it's funny, when you were in the Paragon Club in Windenburg, I never saw you at the pool area. I mean, your club did meet at Bathe de Rill, but I never saw you swimming. In fact, I think this is the first time I have ever seen you in a swim suit...and...well, you look really nice..."

Sakura blushed, "Oh right, the Paragons...well, we did go swimming the first night. Well, actually I went swimming...everyone else just sat by the pool chatting. Believe me, they were not really into swimming. In fact, that club was more about fashion and drinking coffee...it just wasn't for me."

Wolfgang: "Well, that's interesting..."

Sakura: "And, so...you used to hang around the pool area looking for me? You never told me that..."

Wolfgang: "Umm...yeah...there's a lot of things I haven't told you...but there is one thing I do want to tell you over and over again..."

Sakura: "Oh...and what is that?"

Wolfgang: "That I love you..." he said as he pulled her towards him in the water and gave her a languid kiss.

frolock-in-the-water-del-sol.png

having-a-nice-time-together-love-wolf.png

They got out of the water and sat on the side of the pool.

this-is-the-most-beautiful-place-ever-wolfgang.png

Sakura: "Wolfgang, I am so happy that we are here together. I know I don't have a job yet, but I've actually put out a few applications. There's a museum here and a lounge, and I am sure there will be job opportunities there..."

Wolfgang: "Sakura, whatever you do will be fine with me. Let's not talk about work right now...I just...I just want to kiss those lips..." he said as he kissed her again.

yoou-look-pretty-good-in-that-bikini.png

When they parted, Sakura thought she would start dinner and Wolfgang said he was going to swim a few laps.

while-wolf-swam-some-laps-sakura-grilled-some-steak.png

When the steaks were ready, Sakura called Wolfgang over, and he got out and headed over to the bar and poured them some nectar.

wolf-makes-some-drinks.png

sakura-flirting-with-wolf.png

Sakura: "So...did you work up an appetite swimming all those laps...?" she asked flirtatiously.

what-a-great-move-in-for-them.png

Wolfgang looked intently at her: "Oh, Sakura...yes, most definitely...and dinner smells so good...but if you keep looking at me like that...we might be missing dinner..."

Sakura laughed playfully and handed him a plate. As they sat together, Wolfgang thanked Sakura for the lovely dinner.

ty-for-tha-delicious-dinner-sakura.png

Sakura: "Wolfgang, I think life in Del Sol Valley is going to be good..."

Wolfgang looked at Sakura, "I think so, too. It already is pretty perfect, spending time with you, Sakura..." he replied blowing her an autonomous kiss.

As they enjoyed their dinner, they chatted and then it was time to clean up.

Sakura: "You know...I think I am going to take a shower and wash off the chlorine from the pool. It can really dry out your skin..."

Wolfgang: "Shower? Oh...good idea...I think I might take a shower, too..."

They headed inside and of course, Wolfgang followed Sakura into the bathroom, and I don't think showering was the only thing on his mind!

Wolfgang: ",. I love it when you wear a bikini...and when you don't...!"

wolfgang-didnt-we-just.png

oh-yes.png

Sakura: "Oh, Wolfgang...."

and-another-shower-woohoo.png

Well, it looks like they will get squeaky clean from their shower, so let's just close the door and give them some privacy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

As soon as they moved to Del Sol Valley, I unticked the box for the Get Famous pack, so that they could get fame points. And when Sakura sold a bunch of photos, she immediately become a Notable Newcomer.
    as-soon-as-they-moved-there-notable-newcomer-sakura.png

When Wolfgang got the job of Engineer, he didn't get a sign-on bonus. Maybe it will be later on when he reaches the Mechanical Engineer branch. He did start at Level 4 - Cog in the Machine, though. So, neither Wolfgang or Sakura have completed the Academic Aspiration yet.

engineer-job-for-wolf.png

wolfang-engineer-job-starts-as-cog-in-the-machine.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member

@Karababy52 ,
    Oh yes I totally forgot about donating objects :) And no, I have no idea how well Nik Sr sings, just in case I did not had my headset on :D And about Malcolm's better mood.. well.. I would not count on that :D And thank for the name of aspiration :)
    -- Your free will update , hilarious :joy: All those drinks!! And.. eh.. how many times Bendy kissed Frank??? :joy: Too funny that she flirted with Josh too.. tho I do not think she did, those were more likely romantic idle animations :) As they did not have a pink bar :) Not sure tho as she did blow a kiss (I somehow missed that first).

I have Zero's mod to nuke those, as it is not nice when sims who are flirty act like that during kids or family members too. So in my game, when I get those animations, it IS actual flirting then. :)

-- Gala, yes.. that confetti :p Bienchen has a mod what makes guests use chairs in gala event :) But I would suggest you to add few more chairs. Vlad and that sim of yours most likely were fans. In every Gala-event, some of the fans will either win the bouncer in fight or give the bouncer enough money. And they act ridiculously when in. Clara Bjergsen and Moira Fyres are those in my game who always sneak in :D
    So sorry Essa that you did not win, maybe next time?

@permanentrose ,
    Thanks, yes , she just needs to compose 4 songs, and neither she had already done weren't counted.. ughhhh.. It takes forever :)
    -- Skating update, seems they had a lovely time :) Ruby is a fast learner :smiley:
    -- Great dinner party :smiley: I think table setting comes with parenthood? :)

@SoulGal7 ,
    --Great party! MELODY!! Come on girl, you would of taken that helmet out. You are in a PARTY!! :joy:
    -- Awesome house! They realy seem to enjoy themselves there.. much :p

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Melody Connors, and the blond person... that cranky Landgraab kid.

Day 7 , June

JHnjsEM.png

Level 9 promotion and you give me that face!!!?? So tempting to go to "manage households"!
    BQ7Fmlu.png
    Melody was at work, Malcolm needed to cook himself, no leftovers.

2XesdLw.png
    Malcolm: "Watcher, this is not even near as good as the one Melody cooks..."
    Well?? You rocket scientist! She is at level 10 at gourmet cooking! YOU are at level 1...

Qk4rIfo.png
    He still needs to write 3 more books for aspiration.. naturally all he wrote before I put the aspiration on him, does not count... :unamused:

iIkhOHX.png
    Oh! So you want to learn to cook?
    Malcolm: "Not really, remote is broken and this was the last watched channel..."

VZm4X69.png
    Promotion, officially Sim In Black!! Tine to say bye bye for that career :)
    And now , go to bathroom, take that pregnancy test and then go tell him the big news!
    Melody: "But why I need to take that... ohhh.... ??"
    Yes, here we have our other rocket scientist.. Just do it , girl.

CMHtrdA.png
    OH!!! She did not managed to even get to the bathroom.. so much for that test :D
    Melody: "Oh!!! I was not ill after all!"

NEgdA95.png
    Melody: "Uhm.. so I have to tell you something.."
    Malcolm: "That we are having a baby? I can see that, you know.."
    Melody: "Yes.. you aren't upset?"
    Malcolm: "No , I was a bit, earlier, but not anymore.."
    Melody: "You've known?"
    Malcolm: " Honey, I know watcher says I am not a rocket scientist (what we both ARE btw) , but I have seen all your throwing up and I can coun't 1+1.... "
    ...........!!!!!!
    Malcolm: ".....plus I called you mother, she thought so."
    WGQoEAN.png
    Melody: "You did WHAT??"
    Malcolm: "Calm down, honey.. I had to ask advise from someone.. better her than my mother!"
    Oh.. I agree on that..

yWvhDds.png
    BMTuBB3.png
    Awww... <3

1a7OgYH.png
    Malcolm: "Aaannnd there is one big thing I like for some time now!"
    Melody: "And that is..???"

ycJaWBm.png
    Malcolm: "Your boobs are huge now!!!!"
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MALCOLM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Malcolm: "WHAT??!!"

hy9sp5A.png
    And she is just GIGGLING... DUH!

Mia Patina
    June 16
    Week 7 Thursday

2021-06-12-07_03_03-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~

Melody Connors, and Malcolm.

Day 8 , June

PAH7aOE.png
    New Morning.
    SaAr5FJ.png
    bdG7kQB.png
    4N3uaiF.png
    Routines...

zBkBToh.png
    And okay, you need something else to wear now.. something not as tight.
    IblwRv3.png
    Come on! What is wrong with that!?

CTtVuLd.png
    Yummy, brownies!
    3sWqNjk.png
    With chili, wasabi and curry... ehh...
    Melody: "Yummy!!"

oP9BZUn.png
    1IPUTpZ.png
    Malcolm left to work, let's try to finish that song again.
    iD7w32h.png
    This time Thorne was not playing, he was jamming to Melody's playing.
    mEGmG0M.png
    And also, in this time it was Essa, who stole the show :) All of them had hr pic in their bubbles :)
    LlrlI72.png
    Jasper walked right to Melody to tip her <3
    IzGZY1T.png
    And based on the look of the fans.. Essa, I know that in @Karababy52 's game you by now are most likely level 10 violinist.. but you arent here.. you are an famous actress..
    Oh and that one dude still has the SV bug installed, hups.
    But Melody would not have time anyway to finish her song, as soon Malcolm would be home and I need to see did he got that final promotion and if he still is cranky :D

GvGwPZR.png
    Malcolm had texted her, that he has small road trip in his mind :) So Melody got home early enough.. yes used a potion.. and waited :)
    Hmm.. maybe they will go to Windenburg or Mt. Komorebi.. or maybe San Myshuno!!

To be continued..

June - Day 16: "Of Tea and Treachery"

ckzKABb.png

Notes
    5VOVMXh.png
    The next morning Essa arrived for her scheduled gig in a movie called, 'Of Tea and Treachery.' She completed all the extra tasks, went to hair/makeup, wardrobe, got notes from the Director, told him she was ready and finally, hit her mark. The first act was to have a drink with one of her co-stars.

vaBjCEe.png
    Followed by a forbidden words shouting match.

ZPhknSz.png
    And then, an epic sword fight!

tCmkgiG.png
    tDzeKJn.png
    jIGMVwe.png
    VWVmyR9.png
    KKxM6Uz.png
    Look out Essa!

wAOfKsa.png
    She side-stepped his advance easily, twirled around and...

UNvvHWq.png
    He was vanquished. Essa's character was the victor!

J4ZHESe.png
    Essa put the sword back in an invisible scabbard and moved on to the next act.

zA7DBrW.png
    Risky hug.

KZkk12B.png
    Risky flirting.

fOHfO3A.png
    1A7QTLT.png
    SUcSvPr.png

trTFNQu.png
    Annnd, the gig was finished. Or so I thought. Essa looked at the Director for his thoughts and he just stared at her. One last act had popped into the task list, what would be Essa's second movie kiss to end the movie.

VPDckQ5.png
    JNQHZCS.png
    GpAiYaw.png
    5B1syy6.png

bZzzHjY.png
    The Director yelled, "Cut! That's a wrap. Great job everyone!" Essa went back to wardrobe, dressed in her street clothes and went back to the stage to give her co-stars a congratulatory hug for a job well done.

Y81rLTk.png
    She was chatting with them when I saw a mischief command pop into her queue. I tried to cancel it, but she did it anyway. She scared one of her co-stars and started laughing. It was okay though, he was a good sport and laughed along with her, clapping his hands. *whew* I don't like it when the game let's Sims do autonomous idle chat animations. In my personal opinion, 'No Autonomy' should mean exactly that, but alas, it doesn't.

Essa soon got a notice from Goldie she'd been promoted to Silver Screen Icon, the very top of the Acting career! Hopefully she will win an award soon and be able to move on with the aspiration. I'm sure she'll complete it quickly once that happens. She's had a star to place on the Walk of Fame for a long time, but I've been holding back because I know it's one of the tasks in the last milestone for this aspiration.

Unfortunately, she'll have to wait until Sunday to see if she's won anything which is 6 days away. Essa's next gig will be for a movie called, 'Melodies of the City.' Though it isn't listed in the tasks, I'm sure singing will be involved. Essa is only Level 2 in Singing. She'll need to work on that before the gig. Luckily, Josh is Level 10 in Singing and can Mentor her in the skill.

Yay! \o/ Early for a change! At least for me anyway. :D Comments/replies coming up next! Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @SoulGal7
    Lovely house! Jules has a pool the first time this month too, and it's great. Excited for Wolfgang and Sakura to use all those woohoo spots too ;)

I also like that you're making this house a "rental" which will make it easier for you to move them out when it's time, storywise. And it will be nice for you to do desert world for the rest of winter! My sims had a mild winter in Strangerville and it was a nice change from the typical snow. It's fun to see how weather works in this game. And definitely nice to have some warmer weather so they can enjoy that pool! I love that water kiss so much <3 And super fun for you to include a diving board too. Those are fun animations to watch. Man, that steak and wine (oops, I mean nectar :wink:) are making me want some of both right now haha. And fantastic shower woohoo shots as well! What a way to christen their new house :)

@Karababy52
    Essa looks very elegant in that outfit! That color really suits her. I like the fancy hairstyle too! And fun that Adam showed up too, even if his celebrity status was being a little difficult haha. He and Josh really look quite similar, especially in their formal wear. Both equally handsome of course :) Haha, had to chuckle a little when Veera had to kneel on the floor. She is so stunning as well! Sorry that Essa didn't win, but at least she was nominated, and this is an event that can happen frequently, right? So she's sure to win an award by the end of the month :)

Wow, what another fun set! That was a great sword fight too, you got some great shots! Essa's doing lots of risky hugs for these gigs haha. And apparently doing some more on screen kisses too! I love it when the girls swoop the guys into a passionate kiss, I always find it cute :) How long does doing a scene like that take in sim time? Is it an all day thing?

And it will be very sweet to see Josh mentoring her in singing <3

@Skeilah
    Nice to see you back in the swing of updating! Uh, oh, a no show nanny, but then it opened up the perfect opportunity for Hana. She's gonna be so good with her niece and nephew. Perfect job for her :) Your next post was my life last summer haha - both parents working from home, and I was a nanny for their kid. It's hard to get work done with toddlers though, even if you can stay home, so it really does work out nicely for Hana to be there. Naoki and Bryon are both so busy!

It's good sims can't die from just one lightening strike. Makes the first one kind of entertaining since you know they'll be okay. Nice way to incorporate the "Woohoo scandal" pop up into your story, and it was a good way to have him quit his job (at least for now) so he can focus on his fame too this month. And he's on the road to fame, getting gigs and fan mail - and a random call in there from Noelle about a baby haha (that will be a good playdate opportunity for the twins though!) I'm excited to see Bryon in the acting career!

@Ellupelluellu
    Hahahha, that was such a fantastic pregnancy announcement post, I LOVED IT. I loved that she went to tell Malcolm that big news and he was like, ummmm I can see that you're pregnant, you suddenly have a very noticeable bump haha. And it was cute that Malcolm talked to Veera about it too, I enjoyed that little detail, imagining a phone call with Malcolm and Veera speculating about Melody's pregnancy haha. And of course Malcolm is appreciating her boobs, HAHA. Great line.

OOh, I love that outfit you changed Melody into in your next update. Very lovely, and it's a great little pregnancy outfit. Excited to see where they will go for their little vacation! Might need to be a quick one if Melody is gonna give birth in three days though haha! It will be fun to see them on a little road trip adventure though!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top