Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Del Sol Valley - number of lots

Our discussion it his topic (LINK) inspired me to ask this question, because we talk about Del Sol Valley again and again as an example of bad world design.

How many lots Del Sol Valley should have in your opinion (in total)?

Del Sol Valley - number of lots 197 votes

30+
2%
friendlysimmersSavvySimmieChadSims2BreazonaJordan061102 5 votes
21-30
21%
crocobauraCK213catmom1987GalacticGalIceyJcandystormjcs7219Vageniusbarracuda1574DarkLady2788MilutinMujovicRamblineRoseFraTacOnverserAngelEb95AstrobizuktagMrMonty96jennlynhFanPhoria 43 votes
12-20
68%
Akl500Pauroraael14windweaverKita5399happyjmejeepjeepcatalexspoom13alan650111BlkBarbiegalJueJuelisamwittElyssandarielPlayerSinger2010imhappyStormkeepKelleygirlMelisendresam123TheSpotted_CIsb917 135 votes
11 - current size is ok
7%
bshag4lvHimRumiYBNS2468ChazzzyRavenSpithaisinSharoniaKimmerSiggDiggitKathMHughesNightlyCoffeeSimtaniumHandelOlalla1986 14 votes
less than 11
0%

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    12-20
    I would welcome a bigger Del Sol Valley especially since it's a city type world. The current size doesn't really bother me though.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    12-20
    Only because I'm being realistic lol. It's a city world, it should have more lots. A fourth neighbourhood by the beach would have been good. The less expensive neighbourhood needed more than three lots. Three for the Pinnacles is OK as it works with the expensive mansions needing more space and you have fewer of them (not ideal but doable) but the other area desperately needed more lots. And smaller ones.

It should have included apartments, it would have been easier. I think they're less bad for low end pcs (just as they seem to be able to add more into worlds more easily than full lots) and since they're in Eco Lifestyle I see no reason not to be there, unless they wanted to just make them exclusive to San Myshuno longer because money.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    12-20
    I'm ok with the size of the community lot area, but I wish the residential neighborhoods had a couple more lots each. For me, it's Glimmerbrook and Forgotten Hollow that should have had a couple more lots each, closer in size to Selvadorada.
  • chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    12-20
    Del Sol Valley desperately needed small apartments in the Mirage Park neighbourhood (similar to ones in Evergreen Harbour) and The Pinnacles neighbourhood should've had at least 5 lots in total.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    12-20
    I would've loved it, if it was more like Starshores. Oh well. :'(
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    12-20
    I don't think we're ever getting Windenburg sized worlds again, but there's no excuse for how small DSV is. I'm not bothered if we never go above 20 again, but asking for 14-15 lots in an EP world is not unreasonable at all, in my opinion.

If I were designing that neighborhood, I'd have added a 4 lot beach neighborhood with swimmable water. (I know, it was pre-Island Living, but since this is all imaginary anyway...) They could have made them all empty lots, which I personally would have filled with mixed residential and commercial space. Then I would have added one more lot to the less expensive residential neighborhood, and I'd have made the existing lots in that neighborhood smaller.

The total number of lots would only then clock in at 15. That's not an incredibly extravagant increase in size, but it would have allowed for so much more versatility in the neighborhood.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2021
    21-30
    Definitely 20+, but honestly even if there was just one more neighborhood it would be a massive improvement. Since Strangerville has 12 lots and that's a game pack at half the price, 16+ should be the absolute minimum for expansion worlds imo. Like if I can get a world with 12 lots for 20 bucks, it should be guaranteed that I'll get more when I'm paying twice the price
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    11 - current size is ok
    Honestly, I was fine with the small amount of residental lots. Have you seen LA's housing market? And also remember that we have our hidden lot there, the acting studio.

I tend to use the commerical districts a lot more than playing the households within the region. Or when I do, I seem to get the ultra isolated Bailey-Moon and Ward households to play with.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    12-20
    Inner city maybe 2-4 lots more and the residential area should have six lots. Neighorbood get togethers just aren't the same when there can be only three households mingling.

I'm okay with the rich neighborhood being small (but only because under the current system there has one neighborhood has to take the hit. Ideally all should be large). One lot is the governor's residence (currently no playable sim holds the office, but one did in the past), the other I made into a waterpark and the third I left untouched.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2021
    12-20
    Del Sol Valley needed one more neighborhood. It feels like there is one missing. There is nowhere for the middle class to live. They should have made one more neighborhood down at the beach.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited June 2021
    12-20
    I think it should had 5 valley ( lower residential ) lots, 3-4 big ones up on the hill, at least 6 town lots and at least 4-5 beach lots.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    12-20
    A world that’s meant to be based on LA needs to be bigger. I didn’t get Get Famous as nothing really grabbed me. There were no beach lots or apartments. The map looks unbalanced. I’d expect 15-20 lots to make a city vibe.

I do like the two tone hair and acting career but I wouldn’t buy it for them.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    12-20
    I kind of feel like 15 lots for an EP should be the minimum standard. Some worlds I play more than others and if I really love a specific world, I can fill it very quickly.

It's really a shame that we can't move lots, add new ones or change their size. If we could just do that, it would go a long way and we could make do with 11 or 12 and just make our own adjustments. Even if we could just cut large lots in half, it would be a great asset to the game.
    #Team Occult
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    11 - current size is ok
    I remember when Del Sol Valley was released. To me, it wasn't the number of lots that upset me, it was the fact that half the world was just set decoration. That was the most offensive part. If we didn't have that set decoration to distract me and make it seem like the world was more full than it actually was, I wouldn't have minded the number of lots.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    12-20
    The lots in the non celebrity neighborhood could have EASILY been split into half doubling the size of the neighborhood. Those lots are ridiculously big anyway and close together small lots look way better in a city setting.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    11 - current size is ok
    I feel like the current size is ok. I'm not a fan of huge worlds anyway, but I think the world could have been a bit better if they broke up Vacuous Green lot into two smaller lots instead of one huge one AND added an apartment building to the world.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    12-20
    I would have liked a few more lots. Maybe by the beach and another neighborhood in the city. So probably at least 15 or 16 lots would have been preferred.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited July 2022
    30+
    The more lots the better a 30 lot del sol valley would be amazing I probably would never play in any other world if that was the case. They could have at least given us 1 more lot as a beach lot seriously it was designed after California, we see the beach on the map just one of Sims 4 many just ifs this could be good but it's not.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2021
    21-30
    What do you think about my concept? I took your voices into consideration.

DSV.png

This is a smaller version of below concept which I found in the Internet (my personal dream):

6BtAu7J.png
    Post edited by Sthenastia on
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    12-20
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    What do you think about my concept? I took your voices into consideration.

DSV.png

This is a smaller version of below concept which I found in the Internet (me personal dream):

6BtAu7J.png

I like the new lots. It’s much better. 😎👍.
    The map below has more lot variation too.

It’s a pity the bottom right never had any lots. Even a cafe or bar would be nice so you could imagine the cast and crew coming away from filming to catch a drink and bite to eat.

Would there be a way to add beach lots or is that solely available on Island Living? I don’t have that pack.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    21-30
    I assume that updated DSV can have functional beach with swimmable water but I wonder if EA will ever fix that world. I really hope that they will do it finally because I miss it so much!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    21-30
    Beach lots and a promenade would have been lovely. I would also have liked to have more space for city type venues, shops, restaurants, bars and cafes. And some kind of city apartments like they had in Melrose Place, with a pool and downtown city landscape. We have suburbia in most other neighbourhoods, this should have had more of a city vibe.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    11 - current size is ok
    I'm actually fine with the amount of lots, I just find the placements odd in some cases and well, the world in general is not my style.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    12-20
    I'm not overly desperate to have 20+ lots in any world tbh but Del Sol Valley was done dirty. It should at least match San Myshuno.
    The fame system potentially expands the entire game and creates opportunity to create multiple celebrity households and Del Sol provides a total of two available houses (providing you want to keep the premade houses.)
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    12-20
    I think it would have been great to have some real beach front properties in this world.