Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like babies to be freed from the bassinet?

1235...Next

Comments

• SimmerBecca4481SimmerBecca4481 Posts: 11 New Member
    Yes
    Yes! Do it Sims 2 style. Even though it was annoying I loved having the changing table and having to go to the kitchen to feed them. If you didn’t have a changing table a dirty diaper would be on the floor when you changed them. I liked in Sims 3 how you can rock with a baby in a rocking chair or pass them off to someone else. In the Sims 2 if you feed them and play with them after they’d throw up. I’m sick of them being objects. It’s like they devolved back to Sims 1 when they were objects (still think Sims 1 is amazing) but I’d like to think their technology is better now. Basically don’t give us babies as real Sims in Sims 2 and Sims 3 then take them back to objects.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes
    I say yes because it is kind of weird that they are objects, but I do not expect a lot of gameplay with such a short and dependent age.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Yes

As long as babies are not placed on the floor or other annoying places, then yes. Or, give me a baby kit with various objects that you can move a baby to (changing table, bouncy, stroller, more cribs, etc.)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Yes
    Yes i would like that cos they're freaking tiny it makes no sense lol at least make the babies a bit bigger and add some sort of Cott they don't have to be huge like in TS2 but just big enough for the baby.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    No
    I do miss some things, like bathing them in the sink or using a changing table; but I said no because I don't want Sims being able to set the babies down wherever they please. I don't know how many times I had to go on a baby hunt because a Sim decided to set them down on the floor somewhere. And then you'd also have random guests coming over, picking up the baby, and not putting it down. They'd just stand there while the baby cried and your Sim complained about routing errors because they couldn't take care of the baby when you told them to.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Yes
    Families have been a tradition for the Sims not a table lamp for a baby. But for some of the newbies it's about looks first and gameplay second.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Yes
    There is only one right answer to this question.
    Yes
    This a really big issue for me and many others, so if you don't care, why not support it for us and then you can just still age them up? It won't effect you either way. Having actual babies instead of just objects is the single most important issue facing TS4, more than any additional content/bugs.
    Yes
    Babies have never been interesting in past games... what makes it any different in Sims 4? Also, I'm willing to bet most people who complain about wanting babies "freed" from the bassinets are just gonna age them up in 2 or 3 days after birth anyway... I'm not usually someone who defends EA, but the whole "controversy" revolving around babies in Sims 4 is just because people want something to whine and complain about. Babies are so pointless and would provide so little gameplay that even if they were "freed", it would barely change anything.

I'd much prefer the developers work on something that's actually useful... like, I don't know, fixing the dozens of bugs that are currently in the game... or adding features that would actually change the gameplay (like cars, farming, werewolves, amusement parks, etc). If we're gonna focus on improving a specific life stage, it should be teenagers... they literally need the most improvement right now. The fact that they're treated like mini adults is ridiculous!

I don't see the point in wasting time "freeing" babies from the basinets when most players are still just gonna age them up within a day or two anyway.

So amusement parks and werewolves are important but babies are not? Ok...
  • OrianasSimSOrianasSimS Posts: 17 Member
    Yes
    Definitely yes! You could do so much with babies if they were out of the bassinet. And also, we need more interactions for them, like preparing food for them, not simply pick a bottle from the sky. Changing diapers should be done on appropriate furniture, not by turning the baby around in the air. Rocking the baby to sleep in the rocking chair... So many little things that could bring great gameplay :)
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Yes
    They should have updated the babies instead of wasting money and time on that stupid Star Wars pack.
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Yes
    I had to put "Yes" because there was no "Other" option... I don't mind the babies how they are now, however there is one major feature I greatly miss that was in The Sims 3 in regards to babies.

I miss my sims being able to hold their newborn and sit on the couch and watch TV with them. It's a small thing, I know, but I always thought it was so cute and so sweet when they did things like that. Having babies only in the bassinets sometimes feels really impersonal or cold, especially when I have incredibly nurturing Sims.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I don't care... I'm a family player but babies don't interest me at all. Why would I wanna watch my sims leave the babies on the kitchen floor next to all the dirty bottles like in S2?
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Yes
    I don't care... I'm a family player but babies don't interest me at all. Why would I wanna watch my sims leave the babies on the kitchen floor next to all the dirty bottles like in S2?

That doesn't HAVE to be a problem. Just because it was one in Sims 2 doesn't mean Sims 4 babies would suffer the same fate.

I think most of us expect improvements if babies were ever freed.
  • TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    Yes
    Well I would love to see a Babies stuff pack. That frees the babies. More clothes, skins, CAS edit, clutter, animations, cribs, & more. Not sure if that would be enough for a stuff pack or EP.
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Yes
    Sure would be nice!! I don't think Maxis has said anything about freeing babies, though. :/
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Thing is, I have played with them in sims3 with generations and while they can be taken for walks in strollers, aging up to q toddler is when they can crawl, so babies are literally only able to be carried, or laid down either in a crib or the floor (yech) so even if you don't only have a bassinet, they remain Sims that can only be placed in or on something, who can't get about by themselves yet.

Why does this make them objects, and how does having more places to plop them down, "free" them?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    Yes
    If they ever update babies to go out of the bassinet, they'll have to include new interactions, which is good. Right now I find babies quite boring and unrealistic. Many times I just age them up quickly so that I can have toddlers. However, if there were new objects like strollers and a changing station, I might have an incentive to play with babies more often!

Also, as a general rule, I'm all for more and better life stages in the game. I still wish we could have pre-teens, it would be hilarious.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    No
    EA/Maxis can free the babies but I never will >:) those little buggers will stay in the bassinet and go to daycare when needed until they age up.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    Obviously yes from me I find no fun in the bassinets tried them in 2014 I expected to see them given something by now besides some knitted outfits its pretty sad. I really want to see babies given the freeplay treatment where they play as a baby not just a newborn they need objects like playmats so other Sims can interact play with and teach them also strollers so they are not left at home when the family poofs off the lot.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"