Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your top two favorite game play features?

My top two would have to be
-dumpster diving (from Eco Living)
-off the grid lot trait (base game update)

It says a lot about how I usually play. Most of my play time is either extreme rags to riches or decades challenges. Looking forward to how much game play all the content in Cottage Living is going to add.

Comments

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    My favourite gameplay features are:

Playing Sims like my own soap opera. I love making background stories for my Sims so that the neighbourhoods are ready for some great drama.

Making my favourite TV and film houses and then the characters so it’s like a big crossover bonanza. Sims 4 has the best build mode, you can move the whole lot over without having to take out walls and put them back.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The calendar and sentiments.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    I really like the likes and dislikes, plus the lifestyles. I believe the lifestyles are new to the sims' series, I know the likes and dislikes are from sims 2 and 3. Good call devs!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    The club system and the calendar probably
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Family play - I like seeing the kinds of people my Sims make and raise, and how they get along.

Design - outfits & builds, which are separate systems, but both establish the aesthetic through which my Sims are expressed.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    - Vacation or party (I play rotationally and getting all my co-workers together for a barbecue or the extended family for a holiday feels very good)
    - Self sufficient living (fishing/gardening, freelancing as art forger, woodcrafting/fabrication... anything but a rabbit hole job)
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Dumpster Diving
    Plopsy
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited June 2021
    Gosh, I have to admit they change with my mood

I play rotationally and have different things to do, depending on the household.

Lately I have been playing an active family (ball player, and media person), that likes active vacations, and building their notoriety, a musician building his notoriety, and a DJ working nights at a nightclub ( 3 separate households ),. When get together came out it was those 3 active careers, so I guess careers and leisure figure prominently in my game. A couple of months ago it was playing with a couple of families that sell their collectibles, produce, and things they make.

Club system I use a lot too for friends to visit my sims houses or certain venues. I like my large rotation to interact with each other.

I’m waiting for real babies for a few of my households, but family play is another favorite.

I’ve been spending time building sims, making or changing townies, setting up dumpsters and green/industrial lots, and lately giving my sims likes and dislikes….. to pick their decor style for those living in houses, it can take me hours seeing what kind of furniture I currently have for them, and what decor styles they use

I like variety, it’s the spice of life. I can’t do legacies….I get too bored.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    - vampires
    - toddlers

if I had to choose actual activity/feature:
    - gardening
    - ability for sims to take pictures in game and frame and hang them
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Everything Vampire related - it is just very well done pack that works very well and makes the game very fun for me.

Second one will go to either Gardening or Toddlers. Gardening is more on practical reasons and Toddlers are simply rasonably well put together to be very fun.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    It depends on my mood.

My absolute favourite are
    - spellcasters: my game is so much more complete since I have magic in my game. Occasionally I switch to mermaids or aliens but there is always some supernatural element in my households

The second favourite feature depends on my mood and changes every few weeks.
    - toddlers. I refused to even try this game until toddlers were released
    - story line gameplay : I want my sims to achieve something, doesn't matter if it is exploring a temple in selvadorada, rescuing strangerville or graduating from university. For a few sim weeks their every day sim life goes to the background and I focus completely on a specific goal
    - tiny lot, off the grid style of playing. I like for my sims to be self sufficient for water and power. In this kind of game they tend to earn money by crafting (painting, woodworking, knitting, eco lifestyle fabrication,...) I think the new cottage living pack will add to this side of the game
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited June 2021
    Toddlers, cats and dogs are my favorites.
    My recent favorite is sentiments. I love how my Sims will tell me how they feel about other Sims. Some of them basically tell me who interests them romantically. I also enjoy toddlers being a handful when they get a "hurt" sentiment towards one of their parents or siblings.
    I know that sometimes sentiments can seem like they don't make any sense, but they suit on my play style. I don't expect my Sims to alway do things that I want, I like them to have independence with some things. ;)
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited June 2021
    This is so tough to pick just two...
    • sentiments
    • parties/social events
    I'm still amazed by sentiments, I think they're an awesome addition and make the relationships more in-depth. The second one I had to think for long and hard, but I use different party types often in my game. I love bringing sims together and there are many different "themes" to choose from.
  • SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    Families/kids, vacations, calendar/holidays. I really like making families rich by hard work and building skills.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    I'd have to say plopsy, spellcaster, the cloning machine & just recently the weather machine (once I realized you can use it to make it rain once or twice a day long enough to water the garden lol)
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    It is hard for me to pick two, I'm a rotational player.

I'd say seasonal play and playing out different sims as they go through their lives over time; they kind of form a rotational legacy. Having shifting seasons and weather adds complexity to the days. I really like to develop different characters in a "cradle-to-grave" format. I'd like more ways for them to do different things in their lives or to have more potential "plot lines" for them in between.

I definitely like other gameplay such as family play, travel, going to different lots or parts of the worlds, playing with pets, etc. Switching between the different households in different worlds is important. I like the sentiments as well as they add more dynamics to relationships.

They can add more gameplay in my opinion and if it interests me, I'll be strongly looking at it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    Retail and restaurants.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Top 2 favourite features?

1. Game Autonomy. one i consider a favourite.. i hate with a burning passion.
    2. Spa day massages/yoga. Although i wish there were more different types of massages and exercises to spend more time in such a facility.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,560 Member
    My top two favorite features:

1. CAS, the ability to truly make a Sim the way you want them to look.
    2. The fact I can have my Sim travel to any other neighborhood, which was first introduced in Sims3, yet problematic then. They found what works in Sims4. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    1. Skiing
    2. Creating and maintaining a family.
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    Clubs - the system is great to semi-control groups and/or to make certain sims appear at certain lots. Can't live without it.

And lately I'm into self sufficient sims, so off the grid is the second one (can't wait for cottage living feature to add to it), but in general I like how I can gradually build my own world in sims, so the fact that it's sandbox-y and that I can play however I like without being too restricted by the "rules".
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I would like to hear more of these :)
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    The holidays and running restaurants.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    This is really, really hard to narrow them down to just two, but I'd have to say my favourites are:

- CAS. It's a massive improvement from the previous games.
    - weather. I couldn't play TS4 without seasons installed anymore.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    First, digging up collectables

Vast majority of my games are Rags to Riches and digging up collectables is the easiest way initially to get money. Super pain in the behind to complete a collection for the aspiration, but when it finally happens it's worth at least a celebrative woot. Most challenging Rags to Richs for me has been when I've banned all the Nature aspirations for my sim.

Second, build mode

Occasionally I'll build a new house but more often it's making improvements to an existing one. Like dragging a door to a place that works better for me and swapping out the windows in the second bedroom that I convert to an exercise room.
    The cake is a lie