Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A different 100 baby challenge

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @permanentrose you are sure gonna regret that one LOL. How clever to place potential daddies in the neighbourhood.
    @Puddinroy thank you, he is such a sweetie, but boy does he cry about everything :open_mouth:

To all

Guess who finally left the house and moved in with dad !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Goodbye Dylan LOL

FKlJZbh.png
    Zd0VoCW.png

As I moved him in with Marcus Flex, I quickly bought him a lottery ticket LOL, lets see what happens, Kristine bought one too ;)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @mcrudd I will be that excited when Daisy finally moves out HAHA. Congrats to Dylan for finishing his aspiration. Maybe he will win the lottery now since you moved him out haha. It was the lottery when I ended my last session too haha
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited June 2021
    Yay!

Please say hello to Avery Cove.

A7dixyr.png

Avery Cove is a creative, cheerful and family oriented young woman. Avery wants a big happy family. Let's wish her luck, shall we?
    h4XYTDV.png
    Avery looks at her surroundings.

Mefj9Bz.png

Avery decides that learning to paint is the best way to get her big happy family.

6koONwZ.png

Some neighbors come and welcome Avery to the neighborhood. What's this? Avery is flirting with Justin Delagato in front of his wife.

AWs43fm.png

Avery travels to the Best Friends Forever house.

NRJCT2g.png

OOO, Travis Scott likes Avery. Could he be daddy #1?

8T3Bd7F.png
    YES! Holding hands!

j7Xd9mk.png

Avery and Travis have their first kiss!

ZeLPUee.png

Isn't that sweet. Avery asked Travis to rub her belly.

OfZUZfv.png

Avery has gone into labor. Will it be one, twins, or triplets?

gOZLWqs.png

Now for the moment, we've all been waiting for!

sRQw9XW.png

It's TWIN GIRLS. Their names are Anna and Alyssa Cove.

bKnG0Ha.png

Feeding Anna and baby daddy #2 OTTO LAI.

YES, Avery is pregnant again.
    :) Smile!

@permanentrose I bet you can't wait, I actually locked him in his bedroom and put a whole lot of inspirational emotion lamps everywhere and forced him to write Children books hahahaha, I got desperate :D

@Puddinroy welcome to Avery :) and Oh my goodness TWINS !!!! What a start <3 Can't wait to see more of your adventures.

to all. Everyone is fed and happy and chilled so I will be able to load my game again, I can't wait to see if Dylan might win the lottery LOL
    Heather aged up, she actually got her last of her movement skill by playing with Kristine <3

2DBdCxr.png
    tfblGyW.png
    npEym0z.png
    Baby daddy number 14 is Simeon Silversweater
    Sebxn2L.png

And baby Kayla aged up into a cute little blonde toddler
    naWgzm3.png

And that is me for tonight simmers <3 Night night from New Zealand
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited June 2021
    Wow, you guys, all these updates! Can't even comment on all of them, it's sometimes a bit overwhelming. But I read and marked them all as Awesome, which I think they are. :)

It really stinks that some of you have thyroid problems. All the women on my mother's side of the family have low thyroid, so our doctors have been watching mine and my sister's all of our lives, but we've never shown any signs of it. At 55, I doubt it's going to show up now, after all these years. I have other issues, though. Also from my mother's side I've inherited a low sodium problem; I'm one of the few people that the doctors tell me to eat MORE salt, because low sodium is dangerous. It can cause hallucinations, and insanity if allowed to stay low for too long.

But wow, I've seen what low thyroid can do to my mother when it happens to her, so I feel for all of you.

@permanentrose:
    Clubs are awesome. Get Together was one of the first packs I bought; I got it for the build style. I had my original Sim join the cooking club in the game, and learned pretty quickly what it did for skill learning rates. I didn't think of creating my own clubs right away, but when I did, I immediately started abusing them. ANY skill you add to the perks doubles in the speed at which it is learned, and if you're the leader of the club, you can swap out club activities on the fly to determine what activities will gain club points.

Since you're only keeping your family in your club, then whenever anyone is sleeping, add Sleep as a club activity. You'll get club points for your Sims' snooze time. :) You have to add the activity BEFORE you send the Sim off to bed, though; if a Sim is already engaged in an activity that you select, that Sim's activity won't count unless you cancel it and restart the action.

Eating and Homework are also good activities to use with this challenge, and probably playing with toys or the dollhouse. I have the science table as an activity, but that might be from a mod. If not, it's a good activity to have kids do; making Health potions is very useful. (And those Health potions can be used later in their lives, like when they're teens and you need to give them a quick Hunger boost but don't have time for them to eat a meal before heading off to school.) Unfortunately, you can't add toddlers to a club, although you can add children. Amusingly, though, if you have the Popular Club perk, the toddlers will get an occasional happy buff that they hope you notice them because you're in a cool club.

I've been abusing clubs for so long, it's why I now tend to start games with two Sims, instead of one. You can't make a club with just one Sim... although you CAN add a random other Sim when creating a club, and then boot that other Sim out, if you want. It's just that you can't actually start a club meeting until there's a second Sim in the club.

In my 100 Babies game, my mom-Sim has two clubs: One is "Baby Daddies", in which she only invites another Sim when she's planning on her next baby; after she gets pregnant, the baby-daddy gets booted from the club, and then she's the only one in the club until I decide on her next baby-daddy. The other is for her kids and her, and to help with all of their skilling. At this point in the game, many of the skills have been added as perks to the family club - at least the ones that the kids need - which helps tremendously. I keep this club active ALL the time, unless she actively has a baby-daddy over in order to get pregnant.

The Baby Daddies club has only three perks (it doesn't have that many points, since it isn't active often): Friendly socials, romance socials, and woohoo socials. I don't bother with skills, because it isn't used for that. I do have Mischief as a banned activity because her first baby-daddy - Joichin Le Chien - kept pranking her toilet. That didn't make either her or me happy. That's one of the reasons I have him permanently locked out of the house now, and one of the reasons I now add "mischief" to the Dislikes on ALL of the Sims I encounter in my game, and to the banned club activities on my clubs. I didn't used to, but I didn't encounter this until Joichin.

I have several mods regarding clubs in my game, including one that allows me to have clubs active even during times that normally you can't have a club active. (Like when you're on vacation in Granite Falls or JA.) That doesn't matter during this challenge, but it's useful in other games. :)

Carl (from Carl's Sims 4 Guides) did a YouTube video where he shows how much the clubs system can be abused. He actually invited other Sims into his club in order to get points more quickly, but I personally find that too distracting and disruptive. I'd rather have the points go up more slowly, than have to deal with the idiosyncrasies of townie Sims. That, and I'm so completely introverted that I play my Sims the same way, and I'd just as soon never have them talk to townies unless I absolutely must for an aspiration. (I always cancel the housewarming party before it starts, and I generally have a mod that prevents walk-bys. I removed it for this game, but if I feel like playing a different game, I'll put it back in. One of my first achievement in each game is the "does nothing social for 24 hours" achievement, which should tell you something about me.)
    @MiaSkywalker Thanks for all the club tips! It's definitely a system that you can take full advantage with the right tricks :)

@mcrudd Aw you have a little blonde toddler in the mix of all your dark haired kids! So cute. And hopefully you will get another spell caster baby with Simeon!

@Puddinroy Welcome to the challenge! Congrats to Avery and her twin girls and the next baby now on the way!

--

Friday Update Time!

First, enjoy this eerie photo of Patchy relaxing in the pool at 2am lol
    S27XEzh.jpg
    Daisy is still here haha.
    UvPe0Bt.jpg

Holly is gonna finish this aspiration so soon. She's on the 3rd stage. She's already an A student too, so she'll be gone by the end of the weekend I suspect.
    QgsG5ku.jpg

Ivy is probably gonna be another long hauler teen with this aspiration. She is on the 2nd stage though! Since I already had a garden started though, it may not be the worst. She is a B student but will have plenty of time to get that up to an A with this aspiration.
    zXVdUF8.jpg

Judah is nearly done with his aspiration and an A student! I think he will be aged up by the end of the weekend too.
    WCPJKlB.jpg

Kira is doing pretty well on her toddler skills too :)
    4LVeNvA.jpg

Farrah is about to burst and Luna still has to wait until Wednesday to age up :)
    kcBvYkO.jpg
  • AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    I know I haven't posted in about a week ... Things here have been a bit crazy ... Then when I finally got a chance to get in game and play my file was corrupted ... Uggggggggggg ... I am so upset .... Nothing I can do about that now ... So I now need to restart ...

I probably won't get to play much the rest of the week ... Two weeks ago my FIRST grandbaby was born ... WooHoo ... So my parents are coming to town on Thursday to see the new Great Grandbaby for them ... So I will be busy with the family the rest of the week ...

I am reading and keeping up with all your stories and I love them ... I will be back with you soon ... Have a good one all
    @AuroraBoreallis
    Congrats on the grandkid! Yeah, that's going to keep everyone busy for a while. But how exciting!

@mcrudd:
    I really love how the Play interaction improves a toddler's Movement skill. And it looks so cool while they're doing it, I love to watch it. Really, Maxis got toddlers right in Sims 4; it's just as well that they waited on adding them, because of all that got included with them.

Hopefully Simeon's kid will be a spellcaster! Then you can have someone do one of the spellcasting aspirations, and maybe set you up with a bunch of potions. :)

@permanentrose:
    Poor Kira is so sad in that picture. You should feed the poor thing! :) She's so cute, and I love the outfit she has on.

It totally fits that Ivy's aspiration is the gardening one, since her daddy is a scarecrow. :)

Luna is such a cute baby! And you already have another on the way? Yikes! :D
    edited June 2021
    Wanted to play for a bit and see who aged up before I go and be productive for the day :)

First of all, meet little Maxwell Goth! Not sure why Farrah still looks so pregnant haha (though it is more realistic that way). Her belly was gone by the time she got home though.
    jTSjrko.png
    Holly aged up. I highly recommend the Leader of the Pack aspiration. She is living with big sis Clara since their dads live together :)
    HW5QO9K.png

The doctor who has delivered most (and I say most since two of Farrah's births have been home births) of Farrah's babies was the next walk by. His name is Fetu Tilo. Guess he wanted a turn to be a daddy after delivering all her babies LOL. And since it's fall I found a new woohoo location!
    vgZfsQX.jpg
    NzsWgzF.jpg

Success!
    jjaJOr2.jpg

Judah aged up!
    hZ1X6yN.png

Decided to try another social aspiration to see how that goes.
    xoR3uEs.png
    @permanentrose
    Maybe it's just the 'stache, but Judah looks a lot less like his dad now that he's aged to teen. Good looking kid, tho!
    @MiaSkywalker I actually gave him a mustache since his dad has one haha, but I agree, between the hair and the eyebrows, he just doesn't look quite as much like his dad as he used to.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited June 2021
    Everyone:
    I do have hypothyroidism but it’s not severe enough for medication to make a huge difference. My doctor wishes I would take medication but understands why I choose not to take it. Our insurance only covers the generic brand and it is infamous for causing hair thinning and I already inherited my Mom’s Female Pattern Baldness. My sleep problem is a combination of migraines, depression, anxiety, PTSD and Severe IBS from fighting 3 bouts c-diff(clostridium difficile colitis) in 1 year. My body constantly runs a low grade fever and my base White Cell count is 1500 instead of the normal 900-1200. I have days where I sleep 12 hours and still feel exhausted. Anyway enough whining and I am sorry for everyone who is dealing with illness. Hope you’re all feeling your best today.
    Post edited by TeeSea on
    @MiaSkywalker wow I never play clubs so had no idea you could use them in all those ways. I am also hoping for another little Spellcaster, although her potions does not work on other family members so wish it did.

@permanentrose, about time to get a different hair colour, Isla has brown too, but that is close to black so I was surprised with blonde. OMG Patchy needs a friendlier looking face, I wonder if he is recolourable LOL. Oh wow Daisy still there haahahaha I know the feeling. I hope your plants don’t glitch otherwise Ivy is gonna be there for generations LOL. Awww Luna is wearing an outfit made by her momma ;) I also had that pregnant belly happen in one of my photo’s so I never shared that one hahahaha

@AurorarBoreallis super congratulations on your first grand child <3

@TeeSea sorry I just mentioned my thryroid issues, did not mean you have some ;)

At all, Will be playing much later today, but very excited did pre order the new expansion pack <3
    Gxy5nmX.png
    edited June 2021
    @cytnl Great update, I LOVE your little red haired babies. Makes me want to find a red head dad next to see if I can have some little ginger babies <3 I love all the French names too. And toddlers and pets are just cutest together :)

@mcrudd Luckily I haven't been experiencing the garden glitch lately in my other save, so fingers crossed that Ivy will be able to get through this aspiration easily. I think the hardest part will be getting that cowplant berry....

@AuroraBoreallis Sorry I missed your last post! Congrats on your new grandbaby! So exciting <3

--

Got some more playing in before bed. First of all, Kira aged up! Patchy is lurking as usual LOL

k4X7QpH.jpg
    UAvIfaC.png
    Then little Luna Elderberry aged up to a toddler with an interesting mix of her dad's skin but her mom's hair color. I like that she has a unique look though!
    JHvJPX2.png

Shortly after, Farrah went into labor. I laughed because her same doctor showed up for the delivery at usual, but since he's the dad as well, he had to have a good case of prenatal panic before starting the procedure haha.
    pyjo23c.jpg

He pulled it together though and delivered his son. So special :)
    dAsJsPf.jpg

Welcome to the family baby Nolan!
    NkhNJ5L.png

@cytnl your little ones are addorable <3 I also feel the same way as you about Mortimer, miles to eager.

@permanentrose, awww your little ones are addorable, especially little Luna as a toddler, what a unique cutie :)

to all. Just need to make dinner quickly, and then once everyone in real life has full tummies then I can load up my game :)
    cytnl wrote: »
    @TeeSea Yes, I'm feeling much better, thank you! (I had my thyroid removed years ago, it affects my ability to regulate my body temperature and makes me more susceptible to extremes.) And I think I caught up on my after-concert sleep, so can play again!
    Sounds like a rough thing to go through having your thyroid removed. I do hope you are taking extra precautions during the summer months.
    Aww, I have to say that red haired toddlers are all super cute in the Sims 4. I always wished I had red hair. Toddlers and pets are so cute together! I have never had a Sim like fruitcake. Can't wait to see more!
    mcrudd wrote: »
    @TeeSea sorry I just mentioned my thyroid issues, did not mean you have some ;)
    It's okay. I just didn't want to miss represent myself. I can't imagine dealing with the thyroid problems you mentioned.
    I cannot believe you are at offspring count is already at 14. Congratulations!
    I also pre-ordered the new pack! Looks like so much fun!

@permanentrose
    I love the picture of patchy in the pool at 2am.
    Baby Maxwell looks like birth scared the daylights out of him. The picture looks like he is thinking "What on earth just happened?".
    Little Luna is so adorable! Kira is so pretty! Congrats on Baby Nolan!

@Puddinroy
    Welcome to the Challenge! I love the name Avery Cove. I think of the beach when I hear it. Congratulations on the twin girls!

@AuroraBoreallis
    Sorry your game was corrupt. Have fun with your family!

@MiaSkywalker
    I like your suggestion on how to use clubs to meet Baby Daddies. Thanks for the tip!
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @MiaSkywalker: That's a great tip about the clubs.

@AuroraBoreallis: That stinks that your file got corrupted. Have fun with the family!

@permanentrose: Patchy looks happy in the pool lounger. Awesome updates.

@TeeSea: Thanks for the welcome.

@cytnl: Awesome updates.

@mcrudd: Awesome updates.

@all: I've gotten Avery's twin girls Anna and Alyssa to toddlers. Whew, they cried and cried day in and day out in the game. Then Avery had a little girl named Oliva and her dad is OTTO LAI. Oliva was born on a Monday and will age up on Monday. Also Jamie Fisher was a bartender and is the father of Jeff Cove. :)
    :) Smile!

edited June 2021
    Game Glitch.
    Post edited by TeeSea on
    edited June 2021
    @Puddinroy I have had some true cry babies too, thank heavens for super efficient baby care LOL

@cytnl I did feel the same way about married sims when I did not do this challenge, I always ask if they are single, but not know hahaha now its on like donkey kong with anyone that is able to get her pregnant :D

@TeeSea, wow so much happened in your game wowsers. Atticus and Flora make for a cute couple <3 Congrats on the new baby boy, he is adorable and the new pregnancy ;)

at all

So Heather completed her aspiration but is a C student, on Monday she will get a school task which usually boosts that, so hopefully she will age up soon. Almost time for a Monday update, not sure when Kristine will pop but it will be soon, if its before Monday or not, that I do not know hahahaha

eDiAXBc.png

edit to add:

NOW ITS HAPPENING NOW !!!!!
    EsDnAfH.png
    Introducing baby number 14
    Mandy <3

dItL7Dm.png
    Rkj2l0k.png

Monday update coming soon :)
    Monday update time :)

No changes to the house so here is the photo frame again :)
    Lf1FUjI.png

Heather
    She is a child, she has completed her aspiration but is still a C student :)
    Qc5PW7y.png

Isla
    She is a toddler, but not for long, she will be completing her skills very very soon
    FfMcLW4.png

Jenny
    She is a toddler, but is very close to completing her skills
    OFeravf.png

Kayla
    She is a toddler and still have a way to go
    4V5Eg15.png

Leo
    He is a baby but not for long, he is aging up on Tuesday
    FmHqYF9.png

Mandy
    She is a brand new baby and will be one until Sunday ;)
    wAUww0C.png

Kristine
    She is a Momma of 14 children. Will be looking for another baby daddy since there is one more spot left in the house
    N5B8Fql.png

I will be saving and exiting my game right here and will play again tomorrow. Happy simming everyone <3
    @cytnl I haven't minded using married guys for this challenge for the reason you said, our sims just want to have babies, they're not maliciously breaking up marriages. But I'm not sure what I would do if Brant or Brent walked by, I would feel bad forcing a gay into a romance with Farrah too haha. So I might just let those two be :) Also I don't think freckles will be genetically passed down unfortunately. Even when I age kids up, I often have to add them in again in skin details. So you might just have to add their freckles manually :)

@mcrudd Congrats on baby Mandy! Nice work with your growing family too. And wow, you have no teens! I haven't had a household without teens in ages!

@TeeSea Nice update, I do love how you include so much of their live and now the teens romances - I would probably be doing more of that if I wasn't doing another challenge where I'm full out story telling haha. And Flora is pregnant, how exciting!!! And I'm assuming that was MCCC that had Primrose marry Orion and Nova's father, haha? A little awkward, but hey, they're not related in the end, so it works ;)

I also want to mention to anyone else who is doing alphabetical names - I honestly don't mind if you guys use the same names that I do, especially for letters that are hard. But even other names, if you just love them too, feel free to reuse them :)

--

Guys, you're not gonna believe it - Daisy FINALLY moved out :)
    8hypAVW.png

Which means it was time for baby #16! I can't even believe it, another elder daddy haha. Jacques Villareal was the next walk by.
    5te2yl1.png
    wUxwTCK.png
    edited June 2021
    Friday Update time :)

Thought I'd use a family photo for my main photo today too.
    EjZIZKA.png
    Ivy is an A student and on the third stage of her gardening aspiration. I either have to graft a cowplant or fish one up, not sure which one will go faster.
    HQATp5a.jpg

Judah is an A student as well and on the second stage of his aspiration. This one isn't hard, per say, but I do have to be very intentional about him meeting new people. He did meet his half brother at school though :)
    3J7qkGn.jpg

Kira is a B student and on the third stage of her aspiration. Gotta have a least one picture a day where Patchy is hovering LOL
    pGm4iuQ.jpg

Luna is still a pretty new toddler, starting to slowly skill up though.
    qJd73DH.png

Maxwell will age up on Sunday, and Nolan will age up on Tuesday. Honestly couldn't tell you who is who haha
    BOEBtsz.jpg

Farrah is in her second trimester with baby with baby #16! She finished the parenting aspiration and is working on this big happy family one now. Guess I have to go get one of my older kids married!
    yRfNN60.jpg