Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying Cottage Living?

Comments

• ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited June 2021
    No, it doesn't interest me
    I would buy every Sims 4 expansion and what not (Yes, even the acсursed Journey to Batuu) IF I had irrefutable and genuine evidence that all the profits go to overworked, underpaid, understaffed and no doubt self-medicating team that is making this content so that they can improve their positions and make better content. Until then, I won't buy anything.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Yes, on release day/pre-ordering
    Just pre-ordered mine cos it was only £21.79 in my fave store so big saving! Yay!
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    First pack in over a year I'm going to get. Finally more content on our HOME lot.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    EA may as well be mugging me at this point. :D
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I can't make up my mind. I just hate to commit myself to an action this early. That said, I know I'll get it but am not sure when. I've fought off the urge to pre-order for the time being. $40. Urgh.

Rainbow Cow. Foxes robbing henhouses. Attack Chickens!!! Who am I kidding? If I don't buy it on release, I bet I have it by the end of July. by that weekend.

I know some are not happy about the pre-order items, and yeah, it's a bit of a bummer, but I'm looking at the bright side them as being like doorbusters on black Friday. "the first 100 customers get a free gift card" kind of thing. If you stand in line at 1 am you get it, if you sleep in, you don't. Same principal. At least they give us till September to get them. If it was strictly a pre-order giveaway which ended on release day that would be offensive.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited June 2021
    I am absolutely obsessed with Sims and even more obsessed with this expansion! I've desired a farming pack since Sims 1! :)
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Aye I've already pre-ordered it 😊 if a trailer can have me screaming in excitement I will get it lol
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Maybe, waiting for more info
    @Nikkih Do you agree it's a "Schick" pack? :D
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I will get it but release day falls while I’m rather busy, so it might be a bit later than that.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    At the moment - no, but who knows what future brings. I don't hate this pack, I just have very little interest in it. Had it included either fairies or werewolves, I would be far more likely to get it, right now it feels a bit boring to me.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    @Nikkih Do you agree it's a "Schick" pack? :D

I'm wanting coos and Peter rabbit in my game and the handbag whacking Queen 👵👜 🤣 @calaprfy
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    edited July 2021
    It looks really cool, but I definitely need more information.
    EDIT: I'm actually planning to get it day of/day after release! It looks like an amazing EP.
    Post edited by hymnhehim on
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    hymnhehim wrote: »
    It looks really cool, but I definitely need more information.
    Oh we will hear more about Cottage Living in the coming weeks, that's for sure.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I actually already pre-ordered it. This is the first pack in a very long time that I've been this interested in.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I wish it was available tomorrow!
    I too wish that it will be available tomorrow. But that's just wishful thinking! But we can still dream that we are playing that Pack tomorrow. And no one can take that away from us. ;)
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I don’t know yet, though some things look interesting, especially the cross stitching.
    I don't remember there ever having been cross-stitching in the game before. But maybe there was in the past, and I just forgot about because much of what was in the past Sims games have faded from my memory.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes, but waiting for a sale
    At some point I'll get it I'm in no rush maybe if they patch in cars or something that would actually make me play like a generations romance or high school expansion this pack has a few nice things like group cooking Mrs Crumplebottom and a picnic basket but besides that I really don't care to have cottages or how farming animals was handled it does not look fun at all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MarinutMarinut Posts: 3 New Member
    I'll get it sometime next month, maybe at release.

I'm super pumped about the bunnies, as I have been campaigning for them since the first sims, but I'm dissapointed you can't adopt them.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Sales and/or giftcards whichever comes first. This EP isnt high on my want list or on my "will actually use my wallet for this" list. There's some things I can get use out of it, but not enough to justify a full $40 on. Hopefully by the time I do buy, some cool new mods will be out to spice it up a bit.
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'll buy it on Amazon because I have loads of gift card credit to spend. I haven't decided when I'll get it but it makes more sense to buy it on Amazon since I'm getting it for free.

I was hoping to buy the new GP on Amazon too but they don't seem to be selling it.

I should have chosen "release day" in the poll but I had forgotten about my Amazon gift cards when I voted.
    Post edited by IrishSimmer21 on
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    HavenRose wrote: »
    I'm planning on either buying it the weekend it comes out if it's not too buggy OR after the first patch where they might clean up some of the worst issues if it turns out to be a rough release. If it's not super buggy and seems to deliver the gameplay it's promising? Then basically right away without waiting for a sale.
    Lately, I have been wondering if some of these bugs are indeed bugs in the game after all. I'm starting to think that some of these bugs aren't bugs at all, but interference caused by the internet. A few weeks back, a Simmer was on here saying how they could get their game to start up at all. They said that their game would just sit there in load mode. And this was happening during a time period when the internet was wacky. And I know from personal experience that if you are not already in the game by the time that the internet starts acting up. You are not playing the game until after the internet calms down again.

That's a fair point. I know once after a patch I had to do a game repair because the download was interrupted. I was thinking more about the eco lifestyle release when the NAPs were super unbalanced and the autonomy tuning was screwing with every neighborhood. It doesn't look like there are any wide-reaching gameplay features that might make the game unplayable for me personally, but who knows.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member

I wish it was available yesterday
    edited June 2021
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I'm planning on either buying it the weekend it comes out if it's not too buggy OR after the first patch where they might clean up some of the worst issues if it turns out to be a rough release. If it's not super buggy and seems to deliver the gameplay it's promising? Then basically right away without waiting for a sale.
    Lately, I have been wondering if some of these bugs are indeed bugs in the game after all. I'm starting to think that some of these bugs aren't bugs at all, but interference caused by the internet. A few weeks back, a Simmer was on here saying how they could get their game to start up at all. They said that their game would just sit there in load mode. And this was happening during a time period when the internet was wacky. And I know from personal experience that if you are not already in the game by the time that the internet starts acting up. You are not playing the game until after the internet calms down again.

That's a fair point. I know once after a patch I had to do a game repair because the download was interrupted. I was thinking more about the eco lifestyle release when the NAPs were super unbalanced and the autonomy tuning was screwing with every neighborhood. It doesn't look like there are any wide-reaching gameplay features that might make the game unplayable for me personally, but who knows.
    Some people believe that the internet can't interfere with a game that's played offline. But in fact, it most certainly can if the platform that it's being played on is connected to the internet. And it can even keep you from starting up the game if there's no connection to the internet. The PC version of Conan Exiles fell hard to this. Funcom, the developer of Conan Exiles has recently made the PC version of Conan Exiles playable even if there's no internet connection.