Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm bored of seeing the pink tree and bright green grass all the time. Like how many times are those items gonna be reused?

Sims-4-Snowy-Escape-Japan.png
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    rhalius wrote: »
    They really did not think the scared emotion through, I guess they wanted to take the last shred of masculinity away from our Sims who get scared from the slightest things even if they have the self assured trait since as usual, traits are meaningless in this game.

Was bad enough already that my "mean"sim meant to be this kind of bad boy keeps making friends with strangers and never does a mean thing on his own, but now he runs around like a sissy from a bit of bad weather or because another sim sneaked up on them and said: Boo!

It's not emasculating to get scared though. Or it shouldn't be. Everyone gets scared.

I don't know a single person who'd go in a whole scared state because someone else yelled: Boo! at them.
    ALL sims without exception are turned into like the most fragile little snowflakes by this, regardless of traits.
    If they want to add a scared emotion, they should first put actually scary things into the game so they have a reason for it.
    They sure would have had in sims 1.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    What is it with having to be so careful around vegetarians? It's like vegetarians are the ultimate left wing delicate tenderness. Can't go offending them, that would be Vegist.

What?

Eco Lifestyle added a MEAT WALL. What are you on about?

The meat wall wasn't actually meat, it was meant to be synthetically grown, plant-based. Just to play devil's advocate.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    They really did not think the scared emotion through, I guess they wanted to take the last shred of masculinity away from our Sims who get scared from the slightest things even if they have the self assured trait since as usual, traits are meaningless in this game.

Was bad enough already that my "mean"sim meant to be this kind of bad boy keeps making friends with strangers and never does a mean thing on his own, but now he runs around like a sissy from a bit of bad weather or because another sim sneaked up on them and said: Boo!

I agree about the mean trait, (and many others) however, being self-assured does not equal being brave. Purchase the brave trait for your sim.
    IceyJ wrote: »

I agree about the mean trait, (and many others) however, being self-assured does not equal being brave. Purchase the brave trait for your sim.

And that brave trait is some other garbage. You'd need to complete several aspirations to scrounge together 8000 points for that.
    Sims 3 had brave as a trait you could get in character creation.

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    People who say they're not offended always seem to be the most offended.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    I think if you take away the connotations of the real life debate of meat eating vs. veganism/vegetarianism (and there can be militant tactics on both sides), killing your animals just really doesn't fit the tone of the Sims. There is no way to make it look cute. Remember, Sims have never been able to murder other Sims.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited June 2021
    Back to the Unpopular Opinion:
    First, let me say that I think the new pack looks beautiful (the English cottages are gorgeous!) and fun. It also looks like it is keeping in line with the eco, country kitschy, homey, household chores type themes.
    I'd love to see a new pack series that has a Bigger, Better Than Real Life theme. Something glitzy and glamorous. Or offbeat or fanciful. Definitely more occult-related like expanding vamps and aliens. Add more goth stuff, musician/bands/rockstars/classical musicians. Or go with an historical theme like more baroque/Edwardian/Victorian style build items and clothing. I have plenty of housekeeping chores in real life, I want to escape that tedium and have fun. I want to be a glamorous, adventurous interstellar vampire punk rock star! Or how about a glamorous fashion model, or a scuba diver! lol
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Back to the Unpopular Opinion:
    First, let me say that I think the new pack looks beautiful (the English cottages are gorgeous!) and fun. It also looks like it is keeping in line with the eco, country kitschy, homey, household chores type themes.
    I'd love to see a new pack series that has a Bigger, Better Than Real Life theme. Something glitzy and glamorous. Or offbeat or fanciful. Definitely more occult-related like expanding vamps and aliens. Add more goth stuff, musician/bands/rockstars/classical musicians. Or go with an historical theme like more baroque/Edwardian/Victorian style build items and clothing. I have plenty of housekeeping chores in real life, I want to escape that tedium and have fun. I want to be a glamorous, adventurous interstellar vampire punk rock star! Or how about a glamorous fashion model, or a scuba diver! lol

Seccond this, I am getting sick of the country aesthetic. Don't get me wrong, it's lovely. But its starting to wear out it's welcome, we need more retro, gothic and chic clothing and themes.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    This new farming expansion pack that’s going to be released on July 22, doesn’t look like an expansion pack. It looks like a gloried game pack but, renamed as an expansion pack. Also, farming in the sims looks and sounds like an absolute bore. The game still has bugs/glitches that still haven’t been fixed yet. You already know that this pack will make gardening and taking care of farm animals a living nightmare. Y’all remember the disaster that was released last year called Eco Lifestyle? Broke people’s saves, Neighborhood Plan glitch, and bug farms having issues. I don’t need another Eco Lifestyle, the idea and gameplay of it was boring anyway. I want to have fun playing a life simulation game again, not be bored to death.
    Sadly as a rule, they prefer to make the boring stuff full expansions and keep all the actually fun stuff with a lot of possibilities forced into small game packs that won't do it justice.

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I find realism boring. I love fun fantasy, SiFi, Grimm Fairy Tales & Historical Adventures. ;)
  • EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I find realism boring. I love fun fantasy, SiFi, Grimm Fairy Tales & Historical Adventures. ;)

100 times this!
  • TaraTaraTaraTara Posts: 6 New Member
    I think the sims should be more realistic and add STDs to make the game more interesting for sims that like to be players & also stripping & also smoking
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    edited June 2021
    Nevermind :lol:
    Going with unpopular opinions, I really would love to see them do one expansion with a higher age rating, like 16+ so they could bring back some stuff they actually had in previous games and more so that sims could actually hit rock bottom and you can work them up from there.

It could include alcohol, smoking and indirect ways of murder. Don't forget Sims Medieval has straight up murder in it so it's not like it's not a Sims thing. It even has alcohol addiction possible. Also children should not be immortal anymore, going back to Sims 2 where they could die in a house fire and a few other ways while still excluding most deaths.

The series has lost every bit of edge it used to have, and I'm tired of how far they go with trying to be as inoffensive as possible. At this point it's like a saturday morning cartoon.

This expansion could also allow mean and evil sims to actually be that instead of just making friends everywhere and never doing anything mean or evil unless you instruct them to. And none of what they can do is even that bad. Let them break the property of their enemies, send all kinds of services to their enemy's house, etc.
    Evil sims should certainly be capable of murder, possibly be the only sims who can.

• YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    @rhalius Unfortunately that will never happen, at least there are thankfully mods that can substitute most of what you mentioned.
  • mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    > @AmeliaTodd said:
    > I'm not a fan of retirement homes in my game.
    Are some people actually hoping for a retirement home pack? Yikes. I know it's common in America, where incidentally most of the userbase is from, but I've always found it a gross part of American culture. Sorry (err not sorry?) to Americans I may be offending, but I can't imagine shipping my grandparents off to some retirement home because I don't want them in my life. It's probably the asian in me speaking. I don't think they'd ever do that since this game is still played by an international audience and a lot of people will be offended/bothered by it.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    mewo13 wrote: »
    > @AmeliaTodd said:
    Are some people actually hoping for a retirement home pack? Yikes. I know it's common in America, where incidentally most of the userbase is from, but I've always found it a gross part of American culture. Sorry (err not sorry?) to Americans I may be offending, but I can't imagine shipping my grandparents off to some retirement home because I don't want them in my life. It's probably the asian in me speaking. I don't think they'd ever do that since this game is still played by an international audience and a lot of people will be offended/bothered by it.

I will never understand the appeal of wanting Nursing homes as actual gameplay, there is no place in the world more depressing as one. I've volunteered in one on and off for over the last few years, and it is sad. Seeing people who just get dropped there because their adult children want nothing to do with them, only sucking up to them once they're sick and close to death. Don't even get me started if it's the dementia wing, that is depressing. -_-
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2021
    > @AmeliaTodd said:

It's always mentioned when gameplay for elders is brought up, so my impression is that many want it, I rather have my elders hanging out at local coffee shops.
    Post edited by AmeliaTodd on
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2021
    It could include alcohol, smoking and indirect ways of murder.

Evil sims should certainly be capable of murder, possibly be the only sims who can.
    TaraTara wrote: »
    I think the sims should be more realistic and add STDs to make the game more interesting for sims that like to be players & also stripping & also smoking

You've literally described what one or two extremely popular but NSFW game mods do. I recommended this new fangled tool called Google to find what you desire there. I've got those mods because they were needed for other things I wanted, and actually had to disable the features you want. ;)

(I don't have the mod that allows violence / killing - but I've seen it as it's on the same website as some of the other tools).

Unpopular Opinion: I like the core base company made version of the game being 'Teen' rated even though I mod my own game into adult. For me, there are still a few things in the official product that I think should be done by modders instead - like the forced alien pregnancy. I know this game is popular with a younger audience (some kids in my extended family play Sims 4), but also with an older one.

And I prefer the 'older audience elements' be done by modders who can fully explore their chosen themes without worrying about brand identity, etc. If I find a given mod 'disgustingly repugnant' like the violence mods, I can just choose to ignore that mod and/or it's maker, and not think about elements of relating to the larger game that kids I know also play.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2021
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    > @AmeliaTodd said:
    Are some people actually hoping for a retirement home pack? Yikes. I know it's common in America, where incidentally most of the userbase is from, but I've always found it a gross part of American culture. Sorry (err not sorry?) to Americans I may be offending, but I can't imagine shipping my grandparents off to some retirement home because I don't want them in my life.

It's always mentioned when gameplay for elders is brought up, so my impression is that many want it, I rather have my elders hanging out at local coffee shops.

One of the things I use MCCC for - those elders get moved into an 'elder household' so they're still out there as townies, but not taking up space in households. That said, this feature of MCCC drove me nuts when it started ripping apart a lot of the premade sim homes in my prior save, but you can flag specific households to not have their elders move out. Once I did that, it's a feature of the mod I now like.

Retirement homes vs. nursing homes is a critical point of distinction.

On the one hand you might have some large apartment or townhouse complex where the residents rent or own their living space and are in full control of their lives. The only difference between that a normal apartment or HOA being that it should have things like medical staff on site or on speed dial, special equipment in bathrooms and elsewhere to call emergency services, and probably a lot of social events.

A nursing home on the other hand is basically where people end up if they are unable to take care of themselves, but still have money someone else can siphon off until it's no longer profitable and they get dumped on a street corner or somehow 'pass on'...

One of these can be a way to ensure you are not socially isolated by being able to live near or with a lot of people of a similar generation, and the other is a way to turn elders that can't defend themselves into breathing ATM machines...

The last third 'out of family' option is hospice care - and not many people end up there because it's either not available or too expensive. That's basically meant as a nursing home that includes spiritual / mental care and helps people move through end of life peacefully. You can end up there regardless of age and many will choose it as a way to avoid being turned into a breathing ATM machine in an hospital...

I think when people ask for retirement homes in Sims 4, they want that first option. The "Florida Lifestyle" option, or with boomers out here on the left coast, the 'Hippie Commune with too many cats and dogs...' ;)

I suspect very few people want the game to include the other depressing options.
    Post edited by Jyotai on
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2021
    Jyotai wrote: »
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    > @AmeliaTodd said:
    Are some people actually hoping for a retirement home pack? Yikes. I know it's common in America, where incidentally most of the userbase is from, but I've always found it a gross part of American culture. Sorry (err not sorry?) to Americans I may be offending, but I can't imagine shipping my grandparents off to some retirement home because I don't want them in my life.

One of the things I use MCCC for - those elders get moved into an 'elder household' so they're still out there as townies, but not taking up space in households. That said, this feature of MCCC drove me nuts when it started ripping apart a lot of the premade sim homes in my prior save, but you can flag specific households to not have their elders move out. Once I did that, it's a feature of the mod I now like.

Retirement homes vs. nursing homes if a critical point of distinction.

On the one hand you might have some large apartment or townhouse complex where the residents rent or own their living space and are in full control of their lives. The only difference between that a normal apartment or HOA being that it should have things like medical staff on site or on speed dial, special equipment in bathrooms and elsewhere to call emergency services, and probably a lot of social events.

A nursing home on the other hand is basically where people end up if they are unable to take care of themselves, but still have money someone else can siphon off until it's no longer profitable and they get dumped on a street corner or somehow 'pass on'...

One of these can be a way to ensure you are not socially isolated by being able to live near or with a lot of people of a similar generation, and the other is a way to turn elders that can't defend themselves into breathing ATM machines...

The last third 'out of family' option is hospice care - and not many people end up there because it's either not available or too expensive. That's basically meant as a nursing home that includes spiritual / mental care and helps people move through end of life peacefully. You can end up there regardless of age and many will choose it as a way to avoid being turned into a breathing ATM machine in an hospital...

I think when people ask for retirement homes in Sims 4, they want that first option. The "Florida Lifestyle" option, or with boomers out here on the left coast, the 'Hippie Commune with too many cats and dogs...' ;)

I suspect very few people want the game to include the other depressing options.

Potato, potahto. In any case, it's still something I don't want nor need in my game. I don't feel that elders take up space, nor that they don't have anything to do once they reach the elderly stage. In fact I on purpose create elderly as main characters in my stories and I play with aging off. I have a shop owner, a social butterfly with her community club, a judge, a crime boss , they are fun to play with and as I said before I much prefer them gathering in coffee shops than being in pota(h)to homes.

• Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 431 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »
    One of the things I use MCCC for - those elders get moved into an 'elder household' so they're still out there as townies, but not taking up space in households.

Wow...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top