Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much money did you spend on The Sims 4?

Comments

• CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    A lot but I bought it bit by bit over time and not all at once. No regrets.
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    I have been playing since the beginning, so it would be quite a bit. But as I don't have any other hobbies or vices, it was money well spent.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Actually i gifted quite a few packs to random people and friends on twitter. So if that counts I spent a LOT on this game overall. Everyone should experience the joy of ts4. I wish I had the money to gift more🙁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I spend as much as I want to spend.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Obviously spent as much as I want, but if we go off of all my packs it is a little deceptive. 4 came out the year I graduated high school and in its lifetime I have become independent, so at least at first it was not exactly my money.

I also have gifted/will gift packs with friends. My female friends and relatives that will not play any other game will play Sims and there is something kind of special about that.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    All the way to snowy escape and then I stopped..
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I bought everything at full price. I don't own Star Wars or Dream Home Decorator.
  • derevaunderevaun Posts: 46 Member
    14 packs I think, all when they were half off (or cheaper still from CDKeys). So, roughly <$$. There are only a couple more packs I'm interested to add, and I can wait until GPs & SPs are half off. It's really silly of me to wait for a sale, but it does give the new packs time for bugs/tunings to be fixed and reality to have settled in.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I have everything but two of the kits and Dream Home Decorator (waiting for a patch before buying). I bought most of it on sale over the last year, but a few things at full price. I bought the base game in lockdown while riding out a furlough last year, so there may have been a few jokes about the game being government issue. I also don't play any other games and I've redirected my hobby fun money to this for the time being, so the budget is safe.

I'm not too worried about the price because I feel like I've gotten my money's worth in terms of the entertainment value. As a point of comparison, I had to buy lunch at work this month twice because I hit the snooze button and didn't leave time to make a lunch; that's a game pack on sale right there.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2021
    I own everything but 1 GP and 1 Kit.

I purchased every EP since Get Together for the lovely discount of $27.99 a pop.

I also did one bundle for $50.

I got a couple SPs for $8.99.

Idk what the math is.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited June 2021
    The only things I don't have are a few kits and JtB, so that tells how much money I spent on it :D
    Some things I bought on sales, but generally I buy everything when I want to and a lot of things I bought on release, I have a stable job that gives me enough freedom to spend some of the money on personal things of my choice. When I was younger and only had part time jobs I usually saved money for the TS3 expansions.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm too lazy to go though all my payments again, but I have mostly bought on sale and once when I calucated my entertainment cost by the hour the number was ridiculously small.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    I've bought all DLC with full price. I got Dream Home Decorator just because of the CAS and B&B items and Eco Lifestyle was a huge disappointment, but otherwise I don't have any regrets. I could've used my money worse. I haven't counted how much I've used but it's been six years since I bought the base game, so it's been a long time.
    This game has given me so much joy and helped me when I've gone through some bad times in my life and I've had those a lot in recent years. Sims 4 and all it's DLC feels like a small price to pay comparing to what I've gotten back from them.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I just spent £8 on Toddler stuff to give the nappy-crappers something extra to do.
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    I spent 315 on the sims 4 and still not pleased with the service of my game!
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    motdk wrote: »
    I spent 315 on the sims 4 and still not pleased with the service of my game!

I am collecting Bing Rewards points so then I can redeem free Amazon gift cards. The more, the better.

Then, when the expansion packs go on sale for 50% off ($20.00), I will use the $10 Amazon gift cards to reduce the price even further, so I will just pay $10.00 approximately for each expansion pack. I still have 7 more expansion packs to go, and 7 x 10 = $70+ to spend.
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited June 2021
    No idea. But I'm sure I spent a whole lot less than I could have spent on them. I either do the bundle EP/GP/SP for $50 or buy the games on sale. So if I were to guess, probably about $350 or so in the span of 2 years.

I also don't rush to buy packs when they first come out because they are always full price and not on sale and that also saves money.

I also don't have every game pack, stuff pack or kit. I have every EP released so far though. With that sale they have going right now, I managed to snag Get Together and Eco Lifestyle for $40 instead of $80.

Also, not getting tempted by the preorder gimmicks saves money as well. I'm not planning on spending anymore money on Sims 4 until Black Friday, where the year before last I was able to get Seasons and City Living for $40 as well.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    During the sale around Christmas I got the Base Game for about $5 and was hooked,
    Couple months later bought Get Together at full price, $40
    Shortly after that bought Jungle adventure, full price $20

Told myself during the next sale I was going to get some combination of City Living, Vampires, and Outdoor Retreat, but I let that sale go without buying anything. Guess I beginning to get over my Sims addiction.
    The cake is a lie
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,021 Member
    A regrettable amount.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I bought the base game on sale when it was $10, so not very expensive.
    I got Snowy Escape and Discover University when they were 30% off, didn't want to wait on them. I like the University versions from Sims 2, and when I could play it on Sims 3. I am bit mixed on Sims 4 University, but don't regret it.
    Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, and City Living for 50% off on another sale.
    Get Together, Romantic Garden, Fitness, Bowling Night, and Cool Kitchen were I believe in a bundle that I got for 50% off. I believe I got one bundle with 4 things included, and one with 3, but I would have to look them up.
    Journey to Batuu was 20% off, I've seen Star Wars, and wanted to try the pack. Also, the sales aren't that discounted for it.
    Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Toddler, Kids Room, and Vampires were 50% off.
    Dine out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party, Movie hangout, and Spooky Stuff I got for 20% off.
    Paranormal I spent full price on, which was the only one I did,
    I usually wait for Black Friday sales, Christmas, or my birthday to use some money towards them, so I am spending even less on what I have, because they end up being gifts.
    I don't own all the packs or kits, and I may not end up going to, but I will have to see down the line.
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    edited June 2021
    Base game + Luxury Party stuff + Perfect Patio stuff + Holiday stuff = $20.00 (Target-exclusive edition)
    Seasons expansion pack = $20 (paid with free Amazon gift cards, earned through Bing Rewards)
    Get To Work expansion pack = $20 (paid with free Amazon gift cards, earned through Bing Rewards)
    Laundry Day stuff pack = $5 (paid with free Amazon gift cards, earned through Bing Rewards)
    Bust the Dust kit = $5 (paid with leftover money on my EA Wallet)
    Get Together = $20 - $5 = $15 (EA's discounted price further discounted by a free $5 Amazon gift card earned through Bing Rewards, paid the rest with own money)
    Parenthood = $15 (EA's discounted price, paid with own money)
    City Living = $20 (EA's discounted price, paid with own money, unlocked the trial version on my PC to owned version)

Future Packs:
    Get Famous $20
    Island Living $20
    Discover University $20
    Eco Lifestyle $20
    Snowy Escape $20
    Cottage Living $20
    Cats and Dogs $20

Outdoor Retreat $15
    Spa Day $15
    Dine Out $15
    Vampires $15
    Jungle Adventure $15
    Strangerville $15
    Realm of Magic $15
    Dream Home Decorator $15

Cool Kitchen stuff $8
    Spooky stuff $8
    Movie Hangout stuff $8
    Romantic Garden stuff $8
    Kids Room stuff $8
    Backyard stuff $8
    Vintage Glamour stuff $8
    Bowling Night stuff $8
    Fitness stuff $8
    Toddler stuff $8
    My First Pet stuff $8
    Tiny Living stuff $8
    Nifty Knitting stuff $8
    Paranormal stuff $8

Total: 140 + 120 + 112 = $372*

* Based on the current packs at discounted price.
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    edited June 2021
    Zorga wrote: »
    oh I enjoy stuff like this!
    I'm Australian, so USD will be in brackets.

I have spent $864.52 ($666.33USD) on purchases both full price (mostly the EPs) and sale (mostly the SPs etc).

What interests me *more* is looking at things I purchase in a "Dollars per hours of entertainment" ($/HoE) ratio. When done this way, the Sims becomes insanely cheap! I don't even play Sims very frequently, I play other games and tend to play Sims for a month or so then not play it for a few months, so since release of the first EP I have played 1133 hours (per Origin).

Which means that, $/HoE I have spent 76c (.59cUSD) for each hour of gameplay.

Now, a movie ticket costs $23(~$18) where I live and runs for 1-2.5h, so being generous: that movie on the $/HoE ratio costs $9.20($7.09) -- Super expensive!

Edit: OH! I also spent a bit of money for two realllly good CC content makers on Patreon so its more like $900 but still!

I like the way you think! I have most of the expansion packs (only missing EL), most of the game packs (missing the star wars one and DHD), and I am missing maybe four or five stuff packs and all the kits. I bought most on sale or through bundles. I guess if we're all just looking at the cost of this game, it does seem like a lot once they're all added up. But considering this is spread out over several years, it isn't so bad compared to other forms of entertainment, as you've pointed out.
    Just through the pandemic alone, we've had over a year of off-and-on lockdown in Canada, and still counting. Thanks to this, there's been no travel, no concerts or other events, no dining out, no movie theaters. It sucks, but not being able to go anywhere has helped me to save, I guess. This game has been a great source of distraction and entertainment this past year.
    Post edited by mikamakimon on
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,185 Member
    Less than I pay for necessities and about the same as approx 7 years of coffee & chai lattes.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Let me put it this way, the only packs since the franchise started in the year 2000 that I have NOT bought was Katie Perry's bad pack and the exercise clothes kit released recently. I have bought every other pack on the day that they were released. It's because I could, number one and number two, I can never wait! I don't know how people wait for sales...I have to play NOW. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member

I never buy packs on release & I always wait until packs are at least 50% off. That way I'm less likely to be disappointed & regret my purchase. Out of the current packs, I have everything except: 1 EP (EL); 2 GPs (JTB, DHD); 6 SPs (LP, PP, MFP, T, NK, P); Kits.

I got the base game when it was offered for free.
    8 Origin bundles during a 50% of sale @ $33.98 each.
    4 additional stuff packs @ $4.99 each.
    Snowy Escape for $10.69 during a BestBuy.com sale.

For a total cost of $302.49.

I would still like to eventually get Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living, Nifty Knitting & Paranormal Stuff.