Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farming: Would you be ok if you couldn't harvest animals for meat?

1234568...Next

Comments

• KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Mixed/Unbothered - Depends on the pack contents
    Years ago, I lived in Texas with a then-boyfriend. His parents had a hen and a rooster on their property, but they were totally free and like pets, but also MEAN. I never got close to them because I was warned not too, and I was warned to NEVER touch the hen's eggs if I saw one. They liked to fly into the trees, (so obviously their wings were not clipped) and they could swoop on you at any time. She would lay her eggs anywhere she felt like it. Walking around the property was somewhere between survival horror and Easter egg hunt. BUT the eggs would attract snakes! Sometimes big ones. lol For many reasons, I'm glad I don't have to deal with any of that any more. I never had an encounter with those chickens, but I made it a point not to. I feel lucky for getting out of that, and I'm usually insanely good with animals. But I was afraid of those chickens. Well, everyone there really. :lol: Thanks for making me remember THAT regretful Expansion Pack of my life. 2/10 Would not recommend Backwoods Texas Living

Sounds a lot like Norfolk, UK. :)
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I care more about getting other harvestables. Milk, wool, eggs and having things to make from them is more important to me. I am personally quite ok with not having them butchered, even though im not personally a vegan, i dont really want the slaughter of animals in my game lol there are a hundred ways they could add realism to this game but since we already decided we live in a world where people teleport everywhere and dust bunnies make you rich, we can probably live without butchering animals too
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    Yes - It is fine to not harvest animals for meat
    Paralee wrote: »
    I care more about getting other harvestables. Milk, wool, eggs and having things to make from them is more important to me. I am personally quite ok with not having them butchered, even though im not personally a vegan, i dont really want the slaughter of animals in my game lol there are a hundred ways they could add realism to this game but since we already decided we live in a world where people teleport everywhere and dust bunnies make you rich, we can probably live without butchering animals too

love this answer!

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes - It is fine to not harvest animals for meat
    Paralee wrote: »

Agree, I like the system we’re getting with Cottage Living. This pack can’t release fast enough.