Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Made a Save File Set 15 Years Into the Future!

BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
(Sorry if this is in the wrong place, it's not really a mod so I wasn't sure where to put it!)

Kookablarn! That’s the name of my save file! (It’s also the name of a song on the Spooky station…)
bedf7918826a45359fa418c9d07198975ad229ca.jpg
d6ad567a422644314a499400c89b4931f6ca401d.jpg
0c6eba3ec095815a57fde40f8f50001946ad13ce.jpg

The goal of the file was to liven up the game by giving the premade sims interesting storylines. It’s The Sims 4, but 15 years into the future. Premade sims are still around, they’re just a little older (many even married with kids)!

Some Features:
*Every family has a unique description, relationships, skills, jobs/promotions, sentiments, lifestyles, likes, and dislikes!
*Extended family trees. Many premades now have parents, and some of them are still alive!
*Fixed relationships such as Johnny Zest being a Landgraab.
*All Packs Required (Except My First Pet Stuff or Journey to Batuu, but I’ll never be getting those. Kits also not required.)
*No CC Required!

And much more! It can all be viewed and downloaded on the blog, along with some in-depth information on where the families are now after 15 years and some random notes and trivia! (I have no control and went too far with this, but I had fun!)

Link to the blog~

This is my first time doing something like this and I’m really nervous about it. I really had to fight with the game’s limitations to make it work, but I just hope I can make something enjoyable for everyone! I’m always open to questions, concerns or suggestions and I’m always working on making the file better.
8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
Post edited by BreeNilla on

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Do you have any pictures of what this is about?
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited September 2020
    Do you have any pictures of what this is about?
    Sure!

I'm not sure if I have the best pictures to show everything off since I didn't alter any builds, it's mostly sim and family-focused, but I updated the main post with pictures from the blog post.
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh hello, this looks great... and it looks like a lot of work. Thanks I'm going to try it out!
    I love that nearly all packs are required (except some recent ones).
    egTcBMc.png
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    neat idea!
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    OOOoooOOO now this save file I want to try, thanks for doing this.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Just downloaded this! Now I can play all premades as kids, as themselves and as olderselves....it makes me happy so thank you very much for sharing and putting all this work in.
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Oh hello, this looks great... and it looks like a lot of work. Thanks I'm going to try it out!
    I love that nearly all packs are required (except some recent ones).
    Oh, you have no idea! I started back in February and only finished last month! It was a fun little project I did for myself, but I really like the outcome and thought maybe others will, too! Thank you so much!
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    Just downloaded this! Now I can play all premades as kids, as themselves and as olderselves....it makes me happy so thank you very much for sharing and putting all this work in.
    Haha, you're welcome! And thank you! This project really made me appreciate the premades so much more!
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    This is such an interesting idea!!!!
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    BreeNilla wrote: »
    (Sorry if this is in the wrong place, it's not really a mod so I wasn't sure where to put it!)

Kookablarn! That’s the name of my save file! (It’s also the name of a song on the Spooky station…)
    bedf7918826a45359fa418c9d07198975ad229ca.jpg
    d6ad567a422644314a499400c89b4931f6ca401d.jpg
    0c6eba3ec095815a57fde40f8f50001946ad13ce.jpg

The goal of the file was to liven up the game by giving the sims interesting storylines. It’s The Sims 4, but 15 years into the future. Premade sims are still around, they’re just a little older (many even married with kids)!

Some Features:
    *Every family has a unique description, relationships, skills, and jobs/promotions.
    *Extended family trees. Many premades now have parents, and some of them are still alive!
    *Fixed relationships such as Johnny Zest being a Landgraab.
    *All Packs Required (I don’t have Eco Lifestyle or Nifty Knitting yet, so they’re not currently required. I also don’t have My First Pet Stuff or Journey to Batuu, but I’ll never be getting those.)
    *No CC Required!

And much more! It can all be viewed and downloaded on the blog, along with some in-depth information on where the families are now after 15 years and some random notes and trivia! (I have no control and went too far with this, but I had fun!)

Link to the blog~

This is my first time doing something like this and I’m really nervous about it. I really had to fight with the game’s limitations to make it work, but I just hope I can make something enjoyable for everyone! I’m always open to questions, concerns or suggestions and I’m always working on making the file better.

Bookmarked This Thread!!

Thank You Very Much for Sharing, and this will definitely stay in my game as long as I Play Sims! I love This, Thank You Very Much!!
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Bookmarked This Thread!!

Thank You Very Much for Sharing, and this will definitely stay in my game as long as I Play Sims! I love This, Thank You Very Much!!

You're welcome! And thank you!! I'll be sure to update the post whenever I update the file!

edited September 2020
    I know this is very soon, but I actually updated the file already! I've been working on the update for a while now, I just posted about the file to the forums kinda late. It's a very minor update with a few CAS changes and such, so feel free to skip it, but I also added a Ghost-less version of the save file to hopefully combat the game's culling system and also clear out some relationship panels.

You can read more about it here on the blog!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,119 Member
    edited October 2020
    I just downloaded your save file, and this is exactly what I've been looking for to experiment with premades. I haven't even started playing yet, and I'm already excited. I love how you added the families from previous games. It all fits seamlessly. Thank you for this! Great job!

Edit: I did notice several of the houses were empty, was this intentional? Other than that, everything is so well done. I love the added family members. My only issue is now I can't decide who to play first.

Edit 2: Nevermind, the empty houses must have been a glitch on my end. It's fine now.
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    I just downloaded your save file, and this is exactly what I've been looking for to experiment with premades. I haven't even started playing yet, and I'm already excited. I love how you added the families from previous games. It all fits seamlessly. Thank you for this! Great job!

Edit: I did notice several of the houses were empty, was this intentional? Other than that, everything is so well done. I love the added family members. My only issue is now I can't decide who to play first.

Edit 2: Nevermind, the empty houses must have been a glitch on my end. It's fine now.

Hello there! Aww, thank you so much! I hope you enjoy it! I also have trouble deciding which family to play, too! :D

I didn't fill every house because I wanted to leave room in case anyone wanted to add their own sims and I did leave Newcrest completely blank, so several sims (mostly parents) are in Manage Households. Um...but since you fixed it, maybe there were homes that should've been filled that sims somehow got kicked out of? Well, I'm glad it's fine now!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,119 Member
    I was moving some of the family members into their respective worlds and noticed it. Off the top of my head it was only one of the houses in Del Sol Valley. I just wanted to know if it was intentional or not. Either way, it's an awesome save and so detailed with the stories. Some of the sims you paired up surprised me but seem to be good matches. I love that you added family members. And this is all before I've chosen a household to play :D. I think I might eventually rotate between all of them but for now, I think I'll rotate through Willow Creek.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    Ahh, I see! Yeah, early on, I was really forcing some pairings because I wanted them to be connected to someone so when they die, they'll still show up in the family tree and won't be forgotten. I gave up around Windenburg because there wasn't enough sims, lol.
    Again, thank you so much! <3
    Heyyy, guess what? I updated the save file to version 2.0!

I have Eco Lifestyle and Nifty Knitting now! I also made a few other changes like CAS, relationships, pets, etc. stuff! It's all detailed on the blog if you're interested!

The next update should come fairly soon since I'm planning on getting Snowy Escape before Christmas.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    BreeNilla wrote: »
    I know this is very soon, but I actually updated the file already! I've been working on the update for a while now, I just posted about the file to the forums kinda late. It's a very minor update with a few CAS changes and such, so feel free to skip it, but I also added a Ghost-less version of the save file to hopefully combat the game's culling system and also clear out some relationship panels.

You can read more about it here on the blog!

@BreeNilla Thank You Very Much <3
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    This is very cool! I never really got into the lore of the earlier sims games when I was playing the sims 3 back in the day, but recently I have been obsessed with reading up on it and it does make me sad that the sims 4 basically gave up on it. Do you need to own all of the expansion packs for this mod to work, and does it affect all of your saves or is it just it's own save file?
    edited December 2020
    TS1299 wrote: »
    @BreeNilla Thank You Very Much <3
    🤗
    This is very cool! I never really got into the lore of the earlier sims games when I was playing the sims 3 back in the day, but recently I have been obsessed with reading up on it and it does make me sad that the sims 4 basically gave up on it. Do you need to own all of the expansion packs for this mod to work, and does it affect all of your saves or is it just it's own save file?
    Thank you! It's just a save file, so you put it in your saves folder and it'll appear! It doesn't affect other saves, but you should probably back up your saves just in case anything happens, technology can be strange lol. You don't need all of the packs, but I did mix assets all over the place, so if you don't have all packs, you'll just end up with some bald and naked sims, random trait replacements, etc.

I am once again here to say that I updated the save file! It's now version 3.0!

This one adds Snowy Escape and now I'm all caught up! There are some super minor changes, but I also gave Sentiments & Lifestyles where I saw fit. Now that I'm all caught up, I'm not really planning any updates unless we get game-changing patches, Expansions, or any issues that can't be ignored.

I'll still be updating the tumblr with fun little info, trivia, and lore, though!
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I finally bookmarked this. It sound very interesting.
    Hellooo~ I updated the save file again! This time I gave everyone Likes & Dislikes! Here's the blog post for version 3.1!

4350cd6ddd7af04a3e7d38865276d1084a7c5c30.jpg

Snowy Escape is still the latest pack included. I'm not sure if I'll get Cottage Living on release, but whenever I do, I'll have Paranormal and Dream Home Decorator as well for the next file update. Also not sure if I'll get Throwback Fit Kit.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Uhmm yes I'm gonna download this!
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • simp0ssiblesimp0ssible Posts: 70 Member
    Looks wonderful! This gives me inspiration to go back and work on advancing everyone's lives and relationships in my own game.
    Uhmm yes I'm gonna download this!
    Haha, hope you enjoy! 😊
    Looks wonderful! This gives me inspiration to go back and work on advancing everyone's lives and relationships in my own game.
    Thank you! Yeah, it's a lot of fun giving these characters personality and goals!