Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Make your own baby clothes :)

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Hi there Simmers.

Firstly I do apologize if this is a big thread. I have been asked by several simmers how I make my little outfits. I am going to share everything with you all, even share my templates. Its a very long process to do it from scratch so I did this where you use an existing outfit and change it, I will post a media fire link to one outfit for those who don't like using TSR for downloading. I also want to remind you all that I am just an everyday person that enjoy making little outfits, in no way am I a super duper cc maker and these are the methods I use to make mine ;)

What you will need :)

Existing outfit package ... https://www.mediafire.com/file/awijpwlepp3l8ng/Baby_Outfits.package/file (place this in your mods folder)
Sims 4 Studio ... https://sims4studio.com/thread/1523/downloading-sims-4-studio
Paint.Net ... https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPDN.html (its in the windows store)
Paint program ... This is just the normal paint program that comes with all computers

There are 15 steps to make your outfits. I will include all my templates in a spoiler tag right in the end. They need to be saved as png images.

Step 1.
You need to pick a fabric, I have all these premade, but you can download your own and save them as png images 1024 by 1024.
qp7PKRM.png

Step 2.
Once you have picked your fabric then you open it with paint.
TXr7CwB.png

Step 3.
Once your fabric is open then you need to select the transparent selection then minimize it (not close it)
WdoBHI4.png

Step 4.
Now you need to open your template you are going to use in paint. I will post all of mine for you all in spoiler tags at the end of this tutorial
D8Eq66W.png

Step 5.
click on select all and then copy
HR7WBVD.png

Step 6.
Now open your fabric again and click on paste.
xlxkKXK.png

Step 7.
Now add whatever you want to your outfit, or if you have a fabric with patterns then you should be done. You can now exit and save from paint.
Mn3DuKy.png

Step 8.
Please excuse my messy desktop. I save everything to there its easier to find. Now go to your completed outfit and open it with paint.net
XUv3OLy.png

Step 9.
Use the magic wand tool to delete the part that is not the outfit, in this case its all the black parts.
FcGTGrn.png

Step 10.
This is what your outfit should look like once all the black is deleted. You will have to repeat steps 1 to 10 so that you make three outfits total. One for your baby girls, one for baby boys and one for baby aliens.
6Z8XKVi.png

Step 11.
Open up your sims 4 studio now. When you load it for the first time it will load up all your game files so will take a while, just wait until its done and then follow the next step.
1WbIon5.png

Step 12.
click on My projects. A pop up will come up asking for the package file, just navigate to it. Mine is already in my mods folder and is named bats footsies because I premade a previous set already. Yours will be named babyoutfits if you used mine in the above link.
Mx0z1sS.png

Step 13.
This is how sims4studio will look once your package opened. Well yours will have different outfits but you understand what I mean. I have shown you which outfits are for which baby. Look at the instance number that is what determines which outfit goes where. Mine is usually all in those order. When you click on each outfit where its highlighted blue then it will load, so you need to click on each outfit to be able to complete all three. Do one at a time ;)
USF9pSi.png

Step 14.
Click on import, a pop up will come up. Navigate to where you saved your outfit you made earlier. Double click your outfit so it can import into sims4studio.
zOarf4c.png

Step 15.
Your outfit will now show where the other one was. You need to import your other two outfits as well. Click on the save button after each outfit gets imported to make sure you make the changes to your package.
qglDJgt.png

Once you are done with Step 15 then you can exit the sims4studio. Your package has now been made, and can be tested in game,

Step 16
Load up your game and see if your little outfit is working like you would want it.
JIT8imA.png

These are all my templates :)
dungaree
rmMU86T.png

Longsleeve footsies
EcmbZze.png

Longsleeve no feet
euAVQuq.png

Shoes
2SZEyVA.png

Short shirt
xLQAzSc.png

Short sleeve and pants with shoes
b3aDGXH.png

Summer onesie
78KgOho.png

Long pants only
W81m2e3.png

Long shirt only
bHJlsug.png

Dungaree shirt
TGH22zx.png

I do hope this is an easy tutorial, please feel free to ask me any questions you might have. I am not an expert like I said, but I do know a teensy bit to try and help <3 I know there is probably other ways to do it, perhaps use paintnet for everything, but this is the way I do it and have done it since my sims 2 baby outfit days :)

edit to add: Hi guys if it will help I found that the maximum size in your logos would be 120 high and 150 in width. I never make mine higher than 120 because of the way the material stretches it distorts your little logo (picture). Also if its wider than 150 then it tends to curl around your babies waist. Also as mentioned in the tutorial the best position is usually if you place the mouse pointer exactly in the center of your image at 140 by 500. It does appear to be off center on your outfit when you make it, but the way the outfit stretches in game makes it appear in the center on the outfit in game.

I apologize if this is also not in the right section, I had no idea where to post this. Happy simming everyone :)
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    So sweet of you to take the time to do this!! :heart:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Thanks for the tutorial. :)
    :) Smile!

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Thanks for sharing! I was curious about to do this!

Now you can attempt your own if you want, if not you know who will help you <3
    So sweet of you to take the time to do this!! :heart:

Its a huge pleasure, I do hope it comes in handy and that I did it well, not sure how to make a tutorial for something that can be done many different ways.
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    Thanks for the tutorial. :)

Big pleasure, hope it helps others make cute little clothes too :)
    @permanentrose here is all the fabrics with a bigger template than above

MtSeZk2.png
    97XHD4w.png
    IBAnJXZ.png
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited June 2021
    Thank you for this! I'll have to try it at some point - just to see how I do! (Being non-artistic, probably not so great, but it will be fun to try!)

Edit: Btw, where did you find those fabric templates? I'm trying to find something like this online, but not having any luck.
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on
    Thank you for this! I'll have to try it at some point - just to see how I do! (Being non-artistic, probably not so great, but it will be fun to try!)

Aww well if you ever want some of my fabrics then just shout out. I have them all above here by name. Just let me know the name and I can post the fabric for you here in spoilers since its a big 1024 by 1024 image. You need to save them as png images :)
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Thank you for that tutorial!
    Do you know how to create custom knittable baby onesies?
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Very cool! I shall give this a try. Thank you for sharing. :)
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing. <3
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,461 Member
    Thank you for sharing, that is just so nice!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Okay so I got to work on sizing my images down but it's not a bad first attempt :)

iqLrdWA.png
    Okay I think I got this hang of this :) Thanks @mcrudd! I'll have to try a different style next time :)

6BmVJQu.png
    QMFYkjR.png

Edit: Btw, where did you find those fabric templates? I'm trying to find something like this online, but not having any luck.
    I saw you edited your post so will answer this for you. I make them. Say for instance I want to do a puppies fabric, then I go to google image and search for puppies fabric seamless. Then I look through them for ones that is not watermarked and straight enough, I then have to either copy and paste them big enough for the outfit or if I am lucky they might be the right size but the print to big then I have to make it smaller and copy and paste it again until its the right size. Its really a pain to do, and can sometimes take a whole day even two too make. With my knitting I found one very nice white knitting I liked and use a lot and then I used Irvan view to change the same fabrics colours for different knitted colours.

I truly don't mind sharing my fabrics or logos with you guys, so just shout out, I will do a print screen of my logos a bit later as well and share them with you all, they are all sized to the right size.

Amandèle wrote: »
    Thank you for that tutorial!
    Do you know how to create custom knittable baby onesies?

Unfortuanatly I have been unable to do those, I am waiting for a very talented simmer to complete her tutorial on how to do it and then I will share it with you all and give it a go myself <3
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    Very cool! I shall give this a try. Thank you for sharing. :)

Its a pleasure, just shout out if you get a bit stuck and I will try my best to help you <3
    Simtanium wrote: »
    Thank you so much for sharing. <3

Its a huge pleasure <3
    Thank you for sharing, that is just so nice!

Its a huge pleasure, I thought others might like their own take on their outfits, we all have different tastes <3
    Okay I think I got this hang of this :) Thanks @mcrudd! I'll have to try a different style next time :)

Oh my gosh Squeeeeeel, they are so cute <3 You did an aweSim job :)
    edited June 2021
    Okay so I got to work on sizing my images down but it's not a bad first attempt :)

sorry missed this one ;) Yeah its deffinetly a trial and error thing, but you do figure out which sizes your little logos should be and where they are best placed (140 by 500 for me) and your fabric print sizes, I can't tell you how many times I had to remake the same outfit because of sizing not being correct the first time ;) But your outfits are looking good :)
    edited June 2021
    Hi Simmers here are all my logo's <3

Let me know if you would like any of them and also if you would like the fabrics and I can share them here in spoiler tags for you. They are all the correct size(not currently in this image, but when I share them they will) and if you save them as png images then they are ready to use ;)

l6BrlcC.png
    Post edited by mcrudd on
    But your outfits are looking good :)

@mcrudd Thank you - I'm actually using my own art for the images :) Thought that would be fun
    But your outfits are looking good :)

@mcrudd Thank you - I'm actually using my own art for the images :) Thought that would be fun

Its always fun to use your own <3 I love your little outfits, they are so cute. Can't wait to see your babies wearing your designs in our baby thread and you can share them here too, I love seeing them. I am so glad the tutorial is easy to follow :)
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,641 Member
    Wow, that was so interesting.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Hi guys if it will help I found that the maximum size in your logos would be 120 high and 150 in width. I never make mine higher than 120 because of the way the material stretches it distorts your little logo (picture). Also if its wider than 150 then it tends to curl around your babies waist. Also as mentioned in the tutorial the best position is usually if you place the mouse pointer exactly in the center of your image at 140 by 500. It does appear to be off center on your outfit when you make it, but the way the outfit stretches in game makes it appear in the center on the outfit in game.

I hope this little tip helps you guys out too <3
    February11 wrote: »
    Wow, that was so interesting.

LOL, glad you found it interesting. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top